PDA

View Full Version : Another over the deep end for BHO

achiro
10/8/2008, 10:55 AM
Sheriff uses the H word while introducing Palin, ACLU and NAACP file complaints of Racism. The H word you ask? Why that would be Barracks middle name.

Seriously, WTF!?!?!?!
http://news-press.com/article/20081008/NEWS01/81008001/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

olevetonahill
10/8/2008, 11:03 AM
I didnt read the whole thing, But it sounds Like horse**** to me .

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2008, 11:03 AM
Sheriff uses the H word while introducing Palin, ACLU and NAACP file complaints of Racism. The H word you ask? Why that would be Barracks middle name.

Seriously, WTF!?!?!?!
http://news-press.com/article/20081008/NEWS01/81008001/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Did he say Palin's middle name in the introduction?

Whet
10/8/2008, 11:10 AM
Gee, the wayback machine is great! Lest we forget, here is Barry's response to the surge that worked:

Now we are faced with a quagmire to which there are no good answers. But the one that makes very little sense is to put tens of thousands more young Americans in harm's way without changing a strategy that has failed by almost every imaginable account.
In escalating this war with a so-called "surge" of troops, the President would be overriding the expressed concerns of Generals on the ground, Secretary Powell, the bipartisan Iraq Study Group and the American people. Colin Powell has said that placing more troops in the crossfire of a civil war simply will not work. General John Abizaid, our top commander in the Middle East, said just last month that, "I believe that more American forces prevent the Iraqis from doing more, from taking more responsibility for their own future." Even the Joint Chiefs of Staff have expressed concern, saying that a surge in troop levels "could lead to more attacks by al-Qaeda" and "provide more targets for Sunni insurgents." Once again, the President is defying good counsel and common sense.
As I said more than a month ago (http://web.archive.org/web/20070115023655/http://www.barackobama.com/2006/11/20/a_way_forward_in_iraq.php), while some have proposed escalating this war by adding thousands of more troops, there is little reason to believe that this will achieve these results either. It's not clear that these troop levels are sustainable for a significant period of time, and according to our commanders on the ground, adding American forces will only relieve the Iraqis from doing more on their own. Moreover, without a coherent strategy or better cooperation from the Iraqis, we would only be putting more of our soldiers in the crossfire of a civil war.
There is no military solution to this war. Our troops can help suppress the violence, but they cannot solve its root causes. And all the troops in the world won't be able to force Shia, Sunni, and Kurd to sit down at a table, resolve their differences, and forge a lasting peace. In fact, adding more troops will only push this political settlement further and further into the future, as it tells the Iraqis that no matter how much of a mess they make, the American military will always be there to clean it up.
That is why I believe we must begin a phased redeployment of American troops to signal to the government and people of Iraq, and others who have a stake in stabilizing the country - that ours is not an open-ended commitment. They must step up. The status quo cannot hold.
In November, the American people sent a resounding message of change to the President. But apparently that message wasn't clear enough.
I urge all Americans who share my grave concerns over this looming decision to call, write or email the President (http://web.archive.org/web/20070115023655/http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/), and make your voices heard. I urge you to tell them that our soldiers are not numbers to add just because someone couldn't think of a better idea, they are our sons and daughters, our brothers and sisters, our neighbors and friends who are willing to wave goodbye to everything they've ever known just for the chance to serve their country. Our men and women in uniform are doing a terrific job under extremely difficult conditions. But our government has failed them so many times over the last few years, and we simply cannot afford to do it again. We must not multiply the mistakes of yesterday, we must end them today.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070115023655/www.barackobama.com/action/escalation_is_not_the_answer/#more

soonerscuba
10/8/2008, 11:22 AM
Now we are copy/pasting things that aren't even relevant to the OP! FUN!

While it's a stupid complaint, NAACP & ACLU aren't affiliated with Obama's campaign.

achiro
10/8/2008, 11:48 AM
While it's a stupid complaint, NAACP & ACLU aren't affiliated with Obama's campaign.

I didn't say they were but it is just aother example of how folks have just lost they damn minds when it comes to anything Obama.

Okla-homey
10/8/2008, 11:52 AM
That's the scariest thing about a BHO presidency. Any criticism from any quarter will be spun as racism.

So much for "checks and balances."

Penguin
10/8/2008, 11:54 AM
Who is this Obama character that I keep hearing about?

Vaevictis
10/8/2008, 11:59 AM
That's the scariest thing about a BHO presidency. Any criticism from any quarter will be spun as racism.

Hopefully someone will have the courage to pull a Joseph Welch in that case.

SoonerInKCMO
10/8/2008, 11:59 AM
Who is this Obama character that I keep hearing about?

Nobody knows.

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2008, 12:17 PM

If people use good judgement then there shouldn't be any problem, huh?

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 12:28 PM
I didn't say they were but it is just aother example of how folks have just lost they damn minds when it comes to anything Obama.

You mean people for or people against him?

Pricetag
10/8/2008, 12:32 PM
That sheriff seems like a total political wannabe.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 12:41 PM
make America feel good about itself (for past misdeeds) but then fail in utter incompetence. That will truly be "chickens coming home to roost".

Are you talking about George W. Bush after 09/11? I'm confused.

Frozen Sooner
10/8/2008, 12:51 PM
Man, I can't think of any time recently where any legitimate criticism of a political figure exposed the critic to personal attacks and questions about their character.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/8/2008, 01:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxhYampIl7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxhYampIl7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jkjsooner
10/8/2008, 03:03 PM

Seriously, WTF!?!?!?!

I wouldn't call this racist as it has nothing to do with race.

But, let's say you're John Doe, had German ancestry and your middle name happened to be Hitler. Let's also say that you were born prior to the 1930's.

Would you be a little upset if people always referred to you as "John Hitler Doe" with extra emphasis on the "Hitler" part?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/8/2008, 03:12 PM
John Hitler Doe sounds like a Bama QB name to me ;)

Jerk
10/8/2008, 06:40 PM
If people use good judgement then there shouldn't be any problem, huh?

And good judgement means no negative remarks what-so-ever towards The One!

Or we will press charges and throw your *** in jail!

God D*NM America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GottaHavePride
10/8/2008, 08:13 PM

But, let's say you're John Doe, had German ancestry and your middle name happened to be Hitler. Let's also say that you were born prior to the 1930's.

Would you be a little upset if people always referred to you as "John Hitler Doe" with extra emphasis on the "Hitler" part?

You know what else is funny about the situation?

Everyone that LOVES to refer to him as "Brack Oblahma" never, EVER, misspells his middle name.

Harry Beanbag
10/8/2008, 10:52 PM
Are you talking about George W. Bush after 09/11? I'm confused.

I used to respect you as a poster and as an intelligent mind, but you've totally lost it for your saviour Barack. I hope someday you do some real soul searching and figure out neither party gives half a **** about you.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2008, 09:32 AM
I used to respect you as a poster and as an intelligent mind, but you've totally lost it for your saviour Barack. I hope someday you do some real soul searching and figure out neither party gives half a **** about you.

I still love you.

People don't want to ask tough questions. My post had nothing to do with Obama, rather our failings as a nation in terms of how we handled our policies in the Middle East (which I contend was a major influence on the decision to carry out the attacks) and how the attacks of 09/11 were explained to the American people. Go back and read Jaux's post and then mine.

achiro
10/9/2008, 09:51 AM
I still love you.

People don't want to ask tough questions. My post had nothing to do with Obama, rather our failings as a nation in terms of how we handled our policies in the Middle East (which I contend was a major influence on the decision to carry out the attacks) and how the attacks of 09/11 were explained to the American people. Go back and read Jaux's post and then mine.

Now I know you've completely lost your ****ing mind! You blame US for the attacks?!@?!?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What a joke!:rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
10/9/2008, 09:53 AM
Now I know you've completely lost your ****ing mind! You blame US for the attacks?!@?!?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What a joke!:rolleyes:

That's not what I said. Reading is hard.

achiro
10/9/2008, 09:59 AM
Iour failings as a nation in terms of how we handled our policies in the Middle East (which I contend was a major influence on the decision to carry out the attacks) and how the attacks of 09/11 were explained to the American people.

I read it just fine. Maybe you want to clarify.:rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
10/9/2008, 10:11 AM
I read it just fine. Maybe you want to clarify.:rolleyes:

I'm not specifically blaming the U.S. for the attacks, rather pointing out that (right or wrong) it is perceived by certain factions that our presence in that region is unwanted. In their minds we have had policies towards certain nations that terrorist organizations didn't think too kindly of.

I'm not placing a value judgment on our policy, rather noting that these terrorists didn't throw a dart at a map and then decide to attack the United States. Ask yourself why they didn't attack Iceland instead?

47straight
10/9/2008, 10:43 AM
So many Obama supporters posting in this thread.

So many failed chances to decry this kind of goonsmanship.

So typical.

CORNholio
10/9/2008, 01:02 PM
<avg Obama supporter's thoughts> Well I'm voting for him because he's black. I ignore everything that he says and stands for because I want a black president. I regurgitate what the Obama lobbying media bombards me with because I have heard these concepts for years and now believe them because I am brainwashed. </avg Obama supporters thoughts>

StoopTroup
10/9/2008, 01:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxhYampIl7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KxhYampIl7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Richard Pryor is scaring me....

I thought he was dead...but he seems to come to life on that t-shirt.

yermom
10/9/2008, 01:36 PM

i think you mean "J. Hitler Doe" :P

yermom
10/9/2008, 01:37 PM
<avg Obama supporter's thoughts> Well I'm voting for him because he's black. I ignore everything that he says and stands for because I want a black president. I regurgitate what the Obama lobbying media bombards me with because I have heard these concepts for years and now believe them because I am brainwashed. </avg Obama supporters thoughts>

or it could also be that a ****ty economy is bad for the incumbent party

also McCain looks like a troll or something on TV

Harry Beanbag
10/9/2008, 06:16 PM
I still love you.

My comment wasn't really directed at your post in this thread. It was just a general observation over the last few months. Seriously, you appear to have lost your mind and all semblance of coherent thought over this election.

My view is the sooner we find an alternative to oil, the sooner we can pull back to our own borders and give the big middle finger to the rest of the world for awhile. Until that day comes, our presence in the Middle East will continue, and will will most likely continue to **** it up.

def_lazer_fc
10/9/2008, 07:17 PM
I'm not specifically blaming the U.S. for the attacks, rather pointing out that (right or wrong) it is perceived by certain factions that our presence in that region is unwanted. In their minds we have had policies towards certain nations that terrorist organizations didn't think too kindly of.

I'm not placing a value judgment on our policy, rather noting that these terrorists didn't throw a dart at a map and then decide to attack the United States. Ask yourself why they didn't attack Iceland instead?

because they hate our freedoms more?