PDA

View Full Version : * McCain - Obama Debate Thread *

Pages : 1 [2]

Curly Bill
10/7/2008, 10:34 PM
You've gotta be kidding me with that statement...

You're right, he should have been more specific and pointed the finger directly at Chicago...

...Now, where is Brack out of?

tommieharris91
10/7/2008, 10:35 PM
Google Richard Daley and Rod Blajogevich.

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2008, 10:37 PM
You're right, he should have been more specific and pointed the finger directly at Chicago...

...Now, where is Brack out of?Dude...:rolleyes:

More corrupt in the U.S.:New Orleans?
More corrupt than both in the "Civilized World?": Rome? Moscow?

The list of more corrupt cities in the civilized world has QUITE a few that rank above Chicago, IL.

olevetonahill
10/7/2008, 10:37 PM

So yer saying Its LA thats the Most corrupt? :P

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2008, 10:38 PM
I will neg you for that.

Wait, I only do that to the libs, nm.Not true. You follow me around and neg me all day long and I'm a moderate conservative Republican who supports McCain. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
10/7/2008, 10:39 PM
Dude...:rolleyes:

The list of more corrupt cities in the civilized world has QUITE a few that rank above Chicago, IL.

Nah, I know peeps in Rome and Moscow, they assure me that Chicago's worse.

...New Orleans? That could be close.

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2008, 10:39 PM
So yer saying Its LA thats the Most Kurupt? :PFixed. ;)
http://raptalk.net/website/images/stories/KuruptPicture.jpg

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 10:41 PM
Not true. You follow me around and neg me all day long and I'm a moderate conservative Republican who supports McCain. :rolleyes:

OK, so you're not going to ignore me and you don't want to moderate ourselves.

Gotcha *wink, wink*

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 10:43 PM
Not true. You follow me around and neg me all day long and I'm a moderate conservative Republican who supports McCain. :rolleyes:

BTW, will you post your spek log, so everyone can see how naughty I've been to you.

Please, do so.

olevetonahill
10/7/2008, 10:43 PM
Fixed. ;)
http://raptalk.net/website/images/stories/KuruptPicture.jpg

Whut ? Ya cant unerstan my postes iffen I dont meespel a few werds?:rolleyes:

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 10:44 PM
Whut ? Ya cant unerstan my postes iffen I dont meespel a few werds?:rolleyes:

Don't mess with the grammar police mother****er.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 10:45 PM
JohnnyMack says:

Another win on points for the Dems. Team Obama has proven smart enough thus far to not get in his own way and Team McCain hasn't been able show why he would be "better" than Obama. Plain and simple McCain had to win tonight and do it in a convincing fashion. He did not. I don't think you can have watched this debate and come away thinking McCain dominated. A tie goes to the one in the lead at this point.

I'll be curious to see if the "that one" comment festers into a big deal, but it seemed more like a somewhat ditzy old man attempting humor than it did something truly nasty.

Again this isn't about what those of us in the flyover central think. At this point it's about winning over undecideds in battleground states. Think about this for a second. Obama has leads in Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Nevada & Iowa. McCain is nursing a 1 point lead in Indiana, a state W carried in 2004 by more than 20 points. Obama is leading in Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota while McCain's lead in Missouri has disappeared with Obama actually leading by less than a point.

SoonerKnight
10/7/2008, 11:17 PM
Can't wait to see your meltdown on Nov 4th.

I'll bring popcorn!

Whet
10/7/2008, 11:31 PM
Dude...:rolleyes:

Speak not of what you do not know!
I live in the Chicago area and lived in Chicago.
Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois are some of the most corrupt government entities around. Yes, I would say more so, than NO!

The Daley's control Chicago and parts of Cook County. The Strogers run Cook County. And, a corrupt Governor runs the state.

Bill Ayers - the terrorist and close friend/associate of Barry Obama is the son of the former chairman of ComEd, the electric company. Ayers' father and the father of the current Mayor - Richard J - were good buddies. That is why Daley and his cohorts poopoo the Bill Ayres = bad guy image.

We all remember daddy Daley and the '68 Dem convention (well, those of us old enough to remember).

Everything that happens in Chicago is a result of the Daley machine, of which, Barry Obama is part!

Piware
10/7/2008, 11:53 PM
Obama is not only the result of the Daley machine - he is their creation.

As for Raines, he has a stinky past. He was Assistant Director for Domestic Policy for Jimmy Carter and later landed at Fannie Mae. Raines has the dubious honor of creating an Enron-like situation at Fannie Mae that ended in a 6 year accounting fraud case. He perjured himself when testifying before Congress and gets to repay $31.4M. Not to bad when you consider he bilked Fannie Mae out over $90M during this tensure as CEO.

His Freddie Mac counterpart is just as bad and the fraud was equally scandalous. And that, sports fans, is who Boomerang Obama is taking his financial advice from.

If you want a performance artist, BO is your guy. If you want a statesman that knows where the bodies are buried, best vote for McCain.

Truly a year where there is just not much to pick from but Obama has just too many corrupt friends for this to be coincidence. AND, I am old enough to remember 1968 and what went down.

Piware
10/7/2008, 11:58 PM
JohnnyMack says:

Another win on points for the Dems. Team Obama has proven smart enough thus far to not get in his own way and Team McCain hasn't been able show why he would be "better" than Obama. Plain and simple McCain had to win tonight and do it in a convincing fashion. He did not. I don't think you can have watched this debate and come away thinking McCain dominated. A tie goes to the one in the lead at this point.

I'll be curious to see if the "that one" comment festers into a big deal, but it seemed more like a somewhat ditzy old man attempting humor than it did something truly nasty.

Again this isn't about what those of us in the flyover central think. At this point it's about winning over undecideds in battleground states. Think about this for a second. Obama has leads in Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Nevada & Iowa. McCain is nursing a 1 point lead in Indiana, a state W carried in 2004 by more than 20 points. Obama is leading in Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota while McCain's lead in Missouri has disappeared with Obama actually leading by less than a point.

I hope BO wakes up and find Nancy Pelosi naked in his bed. That would make him quit politics forever. :D

tommieharris91
10/8/2008, 12:03 AM
I hope BO wakes up and find Nancy Pelosi naked in his bed. That would make him quit politics forever. :D

You woulda thought the same about Bill Clinton, but look how that ended...

Frozen Sooner
10/8/2008, 12:05 AM
Considering that Franklin Raines does not nor has he ever held a position with the Obama campaign, and that the Ayers/Obama "close friendship" has been repeatedly debunked, once wonders what motivation someone would have for bringing these spurious claims up.

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2008, 12:21 AM
Speak not of what you do not know!
I live in the Chicago area and lived in Chicago.
Chicago, Cook County, and Illinois are some of the most corrupt government entities around. Yes, I would say more so, than NO!

The Daley's control Chicago and parts of Cook County. The Strogers run Cook County. And, a corrupt Governor runs the state.

Bill Ayers - the terrorist and close friend/associate of Barry Obama is the son of the former chairman of ComEd, the electric company. Ayers' father and the father of the current Mayor - Richard J - were good buddies. That is why Daley and his cohorts poopoo the Bill Ayres = bad guy image.

We all remember daddy Daley and the '68 Dem convention (well, those of us old enough to remember).

Everything that happens in Chicago is a result of the Daley machine, of which, Barry Obama is part!
Dude...first of all Bill Ayers is not a "close friend" of Barak Obama.

Secondly Chicago is nowhere NEAR as corrupt as Moscow or Rome. :rolleyes:

Thirdly...Keating 5. Whatever. Look, politicians always have some Kevin Bacon-like connection at some point with something dirty. You can get hung up on the crap that really doesn't matter or you can concentrate on the issues. To keep bringing up Ayers and the Weathermen smacks of desperation and nothing more. I think McCain can stand up on his own qualifications and stances on issues and his great character. He needs to stop the grandstanding and Hail Mary passes (Palin). They suck and they alienate the undecided moderates.

And if you think I'm wrong, then please explain why he's falling behind in the polls even further each time he tries one of these gambits? (much to my expressed consternation)

Ardmore_Sooner
10/8/2008, 01:21 AM
Another classic to add to the list. :D

I've taken it to note and added it to my arsenal. Be forewarned. :D

Rogue
10/8/2008, 05:55 AM
JM is plagued by the sense of buyers' remorse in states Bush carried before. I don't say it's fair and I think he would/will be a helluva lot better POTUS than Bush. As kooky as Palin is, she can't be much worse than Cheney.
BO and JB are doing a good job of painting Bush and McCain with the same brush and JM/SP aren't doing a good job of separating themselves from the current regime.

Either way I still think we'll be better off from a leadership perspective.
Unfortunately, either guy faces a tough road an inherits an unpopular and unnecessary war in Iraq, a necessary and needed war in Afghanistan without enough troops, a failing economy, an energy crisis, and a new huge national debt.

McCain's closing comments were his high points last night. But not enough to overcome the previous 60 minutes of FAIL. BO did just enough to not doofus it up. Despite Homey's prediction, I think the JM/SP ticket is in trouble right now.

StoopTroup
10/8/2008, 09:13 AM
I still haven't decided how I'm voting for...

I didn't watch this last night.

I'm watching the fallout this morning though.

This is the first Debate so far that I didn't see.

It sounds like Obama continues to strengthen his run for POTUS.

McCain should be crushing him however...McCain is having a tough time convincing folks he isn't going to be 4 more years of GWB.

I really wish he would have been President the last 8 years.

We really got screwed.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 09:28 AM
After the debate last night I punched up the talking heads to see what they had to say. CNN has Bill Bennett saying McCain didn't do enough and James Carville acting like James Carville. MSNBC has Pat Robertson & Rachel Maddow trading barbs. Fox News? They were talking about Bill Ayers. Weren't even discussing the debate. They decided what the people need isn't analysis of the debate (that their candidate didn't fare well in) rather more talk about Bill Ayers. Good jorb.

Vaevictis
10/8/2008, 09:29 AM
As kooky as Palin is, she can't be much worse than Cheney.

She can. She has a much higher probability of ending the term in the Oval Office than Cheney ever did.

KC//CRIMSON
10/8/2008, 10:33 AM
As kooky as Palin is, she can't be much worse than Cheney.

If these two went quail hunting together, which one comes back alive?

soonerscuba
10/8/2008, 11:00 AM
Wait, there are people who think that Chicago is more corrupt than Rome, Moscow, Athens or Johannesburg? Wow. Compared to these cities, Chicago doesn't know how to spell corruption.

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2008, 01:44 PM
Wait, there are people who think that Chicago is more corrupt than Rome, Moscow, Athens or Johannesburg? Wow. Compared to these cities, Chicago doesn't know how to spell corruption.That's what I'VE been saying. But some people think that The Obamtichrist came from Hellcago and is going to eat our babies and turn us into gay Muslims. :rolleyes:

Color me non-fearmongered.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 01:48 PM
is going to eat our babies

LUNCH!
http://www.onlineoffbeat.com/uploadgraphics/obama_and_baby.jpg

Piware
10/8/2008, 07:38 PM
One hand giveth
the other hand taketh away

Didn't the Lord do that too?

Maybe his subconcious processed that when he was snoozing in Jeremiah Wright's church with his headphones on. According to him, he didn't hear anything - for 20 years.

Piware
10/8/2008, 07:52 PM
Agreed. But I was convinced before this. So I'm seriously biased FOR universal healthcare.

Are you familiar with government healthcare in the UK? It's awful. Have you ever had to get medical care at a military hospital or from Indian Health Service. If you have, please remember what that cattle call mentality was like - if you haven't then thank your lucky stars.

In government managed healthcare, when money runs low they just quit providing all but bare bones service. Of course, that is subjective if you are having heart attack symptons and the govt. doctor says it is indigestion. I know he is hawking this as "insurance" but you get what you pay for.

To be fair, this is another situation where BOTH are attacking the sympton rather than the root cause. Why not cap medical fees and drug company profits. If you want govt. regulation in health care, start fixing the problem where it originates.

Piware
10/8/2008, 08:01 PM
McCain's closing comments were much better than BO's.

All in all, BO won this debate by seeming more stately.
McCain came off as curmudgeonly too often.

Last debate I gave the edge to JM.
This time I think BO took that edge for himself.

BO looooves to hear the sound of his own pear shaped tones and resonant voice. He also likes to be "stately" - he learned that at Harvard on your dime. Maybe he should be an announcer for Days of Our Lives, :P

Piware
10/8/2008, 08:06 PM
Can't wait to see your meltdown on Nov 4th.

Hey dude. I owned a small business that managed to survive the Carter presidency so I am battening down the hatches as we speak.

This reminds me a lot of that little social experiment so you might want to limit the time you enjoy it and get ready for it to get worse than it is now. And it will last for 4 long years if BO wins.

Whet
10/8/2008, 08:19 PM
Dude...first of all Bill Ayers is not a "close friend" of Barak Obama.

Secondly Chicago is nowhere NEAR as corrupt as Moscow or Rome. :rolleyes:

And if you think I'm wrong, then please explain why he's falling behind in the polls even further each time he tries one of these gambits? (much to my expressed consternation)

I really don't know what you've been smoking on the left coast, but they are close associates. You do know Barry kicked off his state senate campaign in the home of Bill Ayres and his terrorist wife Bernardine Dohrn in 1995. You do know that in 1989, Obama was a summer intern at Michelle Obama's law firm. One of Michelle's co-counsels was Bernadine Dohrn.
You also know Bill Ayres selected Barry to be the head of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in 1995.

soonerscuba
10/8/2008, 08:38 PM
he learned that at Harvard on your dime.
This is wronger than cats ****ing dogs. Unless, you count federal student loans that are paid back with interest at which point you would be dumb as student loans are about as risk free as it gets for the gov't. Ironically, you know who was educated entirely by tax dollars?

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 02:15 AM
I really don't know what you've been smoking on the left coast, but they are close associates. You do know Barry kicked off his state senate campaign in the home of Bill Ayres and his terrorist wife Bernardine Dohrn in 1995. You do know that in 1989, Obama was a summer intern at Michelle Obama's law firm. One of Michelle's co-counsels was Bernadine Dohrn.
You also know Bill Ayres selected Barry to be the head of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge in 1995.
You might want to do a little research into your assertions. :rolleyes:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/05/fact-check-is-obama-palling-around-with-terrorists/