PDA

View Full Version : Classy LSU at it again

BermudaSooner
10/7/2008, 02:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3630858

LSU lineman targets Gators QB Tebow for take-out duty

The Florida-LSU rivalry never seems to run short on vitriol. LSU defensive tackle Ricky Jean-Francois upped the ante this week by vowing that his linemates, if the opportunity presents itself, will try to knock Gators quarterback Tim Tebow, last year's Heisman Trophy winner, out of the game.

"If we get a good shot on [Tebow], we're going to try our best to take him out of the game," Jean-Francois said Monday, according to the Orlando Sentinel's Web site. "With his size and his heart, it's hard to get a clean shot.

"I think every lineman wants to get a good hit on a Heisman Trophy winner."

This year's clash, at the Swamp in Gainesville, Fla., on Saturday night, didn't need the extra hype. It's the first time in nearly two decades that the last two national champions are to meet during the regular season.

The home team has never lost in a matchup of the last two national champions. Fourth-ranked LSU is off to a 4-0 start and has defeated No. 11 Florida three times in four meetings since 2004, including a 28-24 victory last season in Baton Rouge, La.

The Gators (4-1, 2-1) trail Vanderbilt (5-0, 3-0) in the SEC East and come Saturday will be two weeks removed from their stunning 31-30 loss to Ole Miss at the Swamp.

Gators linebacker Brandon Hicks told the Sentinel that his defense hasn't forgotten last year's loss to the Tigers, in which LSU scored with 1:09 left for the winning margin.

"OK, this is the game," Hicks told the paper. "This week, there's nothing else that really matters. There's no worrying about the bye week after LSU. It's just nothing but 8 p.m. this Saturday night. We've got a chip on our shoulders, a fire in our eyes to kick somebody's butt."

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 02:39 PM
Run Tebow!

8timechamps
10/7/2008, 02:58 PM
It never ceases to amaze me when the media sticks a microphone in front of an 18,19 or 20 year old, that they are "schocked" at what comes out.

He just said what every defensive player thinks every week.

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 03:00 PM
Now if he does hurt Tebow then there will be a fallout.

:D

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2008, 03:02 PM
I have no prob with that. I hope we break the pony's legs and they have to shoot him.;)

8timechamps
10/7/2008, 03:02 PM
Now if he does hurt Tebow then there will be a fallout.

:D

Exactly...

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 03:03 PM
I have no prob with that. I hope we break the pony's legs and they have to shoot him.;)

:eek:

;)

badger
10/7/2008, 03:03 PM
It never ceases to amaze me when the media sticks a microphone in front of an 18,19 or 20 year old, that they are "schocked" at what comes out.

He just said what every defensive player thinks every week.

You will never catch an OU player said "I'm an effing soldier!" because our department has strict media interview training in this regard.

If you should ever visit a post-game presser, you will find that the first thing the players say in regard to anything after a win is that they credit their teammates and coaching staff.

After losses or poor performances, the players and Coach Stoops will not call out teammates or players, but place blame on themselves and expressing desire to improve.

Call that PR jibberish, but at least OU media relations understands that you don't want to create billboard clippings. You don't want to be a jerk or sound like a jerk, because national award committees don't vote for jerks.

8timechamps
10/7/2008, 03:06 PM
You will never catch an OU player said "I'm an effing soldier!" because our department has strict media interview training in this regard.

If you should ever visit a post-game presser, you will find that the first thing the players say in regard to anything after a win is that they credit their teammates and coaching staff.

After losses or poor performances, the players and Coach Stoops will not call out teammates or players, but place blame on themselves and expressing desire to improve.

Call that PR jibberish, but at least OU media relations understands that you don't want to create billboard clippings. You don't want to be a jerk or sound like a jerk, because national award committees don't vote for jerks.

It's all about how the captain runs the ship.

It is Les afterall.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2008, 03:10 PM
It's all about how the captain runs the ship.

It is Les afterall.The Mad Monkey.

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 03:27 PM

Werd up.

oumartin
10/7/2008, 03:39 PM
I hope we break the pony's legs

you wanna break the horespigs legs? ;)

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2008, 03:41 PM
you wanna break the horespigs legs? ;)Dat too.