PDA

View Full Version : Where's English???

birddog
10/7/2008, 01:46 PM
i've rarely heard his name mentioned this season.

is he a step slower this season?
is he being doubled?
is he doing great things and i'm spacing out?

or is it possible that he's doing a great job pressuring the d-line/qb but not getting mentioned because he's forcing plays to the opposite side?

i thought he'd be tearing it up and maybe he is but the stats don't show it, therefore he's not getting all the attention.

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 01:47 PM
i've rarely heard his name mentioned this season.

is he a step slower this season?
is he being doubled?
is he doing great things and i'm spacing out?

or is it possible that he's doing a great job pressuring the d-line/qb but not getting mentioned because he's forcing plays to the opposite side?

i thought he'd be tearing it up and maybe he is but the stats don't show it, therefore he's not getting all the attention.

Bingo

birddog
10/7/2008, 01:54 PM
so is it the fullback/rb that is helping after english gets by the line?

Pricetag
10/7/2008, 01:56 PM
I think the rest of the d-line is playing closer to his level this year, as well.

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 02:28 PM
so is it the fullback/rb that is helping after english gets by the line?

Sometimes.

I know during the Baylor game they were holding him like a mofo though.

kevpks
10/7/2008, 06:23 PM
If an opposing offense would rather have Lewis, Reynolds and Clayton plant their ball-carrier into the turf, so be it.

goingoneight
10/7/2008, 06:55 PM
He may not have a bunch of sacks, but that's because he built a reputation as a dominant DE last year and is drawing doubles... he's still getting pressure great, though.

birddog
10/7/2008, 07:13 PM
He may not have a bunch of sacks, but that's because he built a reputation as a dominant DE last year and is drawing doubles... he's still getting pressure great, though.

yeah, that's what makes our d-line so dangerous, plus we get in the backfield so quick the qb's are having to rush their passes without checking their other receivers. i think they'll give colt hell this weekend.

i don't see tejas having too much success through the air or on the ground.

VA Sooner
10/7/2008, 09:36 PM
Great d-line this year... love watching them pour through whether it be English, Beal, McCoy, Taylor, etc. Is Granger making progress with his ankle/foot?

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 09:38 PM
Great d-line this year... love watching them pour through whether it be English, Beal, McCoy, Taylor, etc. Is Granger making progress with his ankle/foot?

According to Bob he was suppose to practice today, so yes.

Dean Blevins said tonight not to expect him to play, but if he can practice he should be able to get in there. Stoops expects him to play Saturday.

Dean is a ****ing idiot.

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/7/2008, 10:09 PM
English is definitely opening things up for the linebackers by drawing doubles and keeping great contain. He is also getting into the backfield and forcing plays to the other side. That's why we haven't heard his name very much but very effective none the less.
As far as Granger, I expect him to play mainly running downs, no more than 20 snaps. Possibly more if he feels good gameday. If not, this just means the blitzing secondary has to play better against the run and getting pressure but so far they have answered the call. Harris, Holmes, Lewis, Clayton, and RR have all played great to this point so I do not see a huge worry.
Possible game changer? Clayton was moved from Safety to LB this year so he has the speed to cover receivers and has shown his toughness against the run. With him able to cover receivers or completely eliminate a tight end, this spells doom for Texas and a HUGE advantage for our D once we start seeing all of the spread offenses. Just my opinion but Clayton's ability to cover anyone who is lined up in the slot or a tight end will be a game changer week in and week out.

KantoSooner
10/8/2008, 11:29 AM
Is novacaine still legal? If so, expect everybody without broken femurs to be in as many downs as Bob feels they are needed.
You don't hold anything back for this game.