PDA

View Full Version : Gresham vs. Coffman

Collier11
10/7/2008, 10:13 AM
I am having a pretty good debate with some mizzou fans that are saying Coffman is heads and shoulders above Gresham as a college TE. Their only arguments are he has had a better statistical career and that he had a better freshman season. I say that at this point in both of their careers they are pretty even although Gresham has more pro potential.

Am I off here or are they just worrying too much about stats cus Coffman is the #2 option in their offense while OU spreads it around more

BornandBred
10/7/2008, 10:16 AM
Tell them Graham Harrell is better than Chase Daniels and watch them spin circles in their own argument.

ousooners182
10/7/2008, 10:28 AM
yeah exactly..

The Maestro
10/7/2008, 10:34 AM
Gresham - 2-0 vs. Missouri

Coffman - 0-2 vs. OU

End of debate.

boomrsoonr
10/7/2008, 10:39 AM
Doesn't matter. They'll find out on December 6th, at about 7:05pm.

JLEW1818
10/7/2008, 10:42 AM
Tell them he is not even the best Chase on their team. - supposedly

CobraKai
10/7/2008, 10:47 AM
Ask if Chase Daniel would be the 4th best QB in the Big 12 South: Pass Effeciency (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org). Incidentally that would also make him #4 in Oklahoma alone. Since stats don't lie I'm sure they would agree. I'm sure they will also agree that statistically Maclin is at best the 5th best WR in the conference and that Rice has not one, but two WRs that are better. Again, stats don't lie! Receving Yards/Game (http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_playerrec_yards&site=org)

Collier11
10/7/2008, 10:48 AM
Tell them Graham Harrell is better than Chase Daniels and watch them spin circles in their own argument.

Ive heard people bring that up and they go ape ****, the have been bitching for a week now because Mark May said our running game is better than theirs :D

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 10:52 AM
you're wasting your time. part of what makes college football great (and annoying at the same time) is the irrational allegiance to a team. you're gonna think gresham is better and they're gonna think coffman is better and there's no convincing the other way.

boomrsoonr
10/7/2008, 10:56 AM
you're wasting your time. part of what makes college football great (and annoying at the same time) is the irrational allegiance to a team. you're gonna think gresham is better and they're gonna think coffman is better and there's no convincing the other way.

True, but it's fun to watch the veins in their necks about to explode. :D

soonerboomer93
10/7/2008, 10:57 AM
I am having a pretty good debate with some mizzou fans

yeah, your logic failed at that point...

sooner518
10/7/2008, 10:59 AM

see, the problem is that in this case, we are right :P

Collier11
10/7/2008, 11:12 AM

Mizzou fans are the worst, they have just become good so they think the world revolves around them and they have no ability to rationalize

yeah, your logic failed at that point...

I know I know

Scott D
10/7/2008, 11:21 AM
Gresham - 3-0 vs. Missouri

Coffman - 0-3 vs. OU

End of debate.

why do you hate 2006?

Soonermagik
10/7/2008, 11:24 AM
They are both great TE's, but Gresham should be a better pro prospect.

If I'm not mistaken he's taller & faster than Coffman. However, it's really silly to argue about, because both guys are very talented.

JLEW1818
10/7/2008, 11:33 AM
Mizzou fans are the worst, they have just become good so they think the world revolves around them and they have no ability to rationalize

I know I know

Just wait till next year, when they lose most of their team. Then we can see if they can reload like we do.

mizzou2k
10/7/2008, 11:34 AM
On the original issue, comparing Coffman to others that don't use Mizzou's system is a waste of time. Moreover, saying Chase is the #2 receiving option in our offense is more of a comment as to how good Chase is rather than how poor the rest of our receivers are. Mizzou spreads it around quite a bit as well. I think it was Nevada where we had 3 receivers over 100 yards and 1 with 98. If you believe the debate is close (as you must since you're here looking for ammo) why would you expect Mizzou fans to agree with you? It's like trying to convince you that the Alfred E. Newman look-a-like you have under center is not as good as our booger eater.

JLEW1818
10/7/2008, 11:39 AM
derp

boomrsoonr
10/7/2008, 11:47 AM
On the original issue, comparing Coffman to others that don't use Mizzou's system is a waste of time. Moreover, saying Chase is the #2 receiving option in our offense is more of a comment as to how good Chase is rather than how poor the rest of our receivers are. Mizzou spreads it around quite a bit as well. I think it was Nevada where we had 3 receivers over 100 yards and 1 with 98. If you believe the debate is close (as you must since you're here looking for ammo) why would you expect Mizzou fans to agree with you? It's like trying to convince you that the Alfred E. Newman look-a-like you have under center is not as good as our booger eater.

OU is pretty good about spreading it around too.

Look at Bradford’s receiver mix.
Johnson 26 468 18.0 5td
Iglesias 23 401 17.4 5td
Gresham 16 278 17.4 4td
Broyles 13 256 19.7 3td

OUmillenium
10/7/2008, 12:07 PM
Who saved their coach's job the most (not sure grammatically)?

Vince and Mack

or

Chase and Pinkle

boomrsoonr
10/7/2008, 12:14 PM
Who saved their coach's job the most (not sure grammatically)?

Vince and Mack

or

Chase and Pinkle

I'd have to go with Booger Eater and Pinky. Missouri is NOTHING without CD.

Collier11
10/7/2008, 02:04 PM
I'd have to go with Booger Eater and Pinky. Missouri is NOTHING without CD.

what has mack ever done without VY in his 30 year coaching career, nothing!

cheezyq
10/7/2008, 02:06 PM

What is "wins 10 games and loses to biggest archrival"? What do I win Alex?

CobraKai
10/7/2008, 02:10 PM

I would say without Vince Young, his savior, he does every year what Pinkel and Mizzou do WITH their savior, Boog.

Collier11
10/7/2008, 02:17 PM
I would say without Vince Young, his savior, he does every year what Pinkel and Mizzou do WITH their savior, Boog.

Talk alot?

CK Sooner
10/7/2008, 02:18 PM
Talk alot?

:D

boomrsoonr
10/7/2008, 02:18 PM

Well, he has won some games. Just not many against OU. :D

Without CD, Pinky doesn't even do that.

Collier11
10/7/2008, 02:32 PM
Well, he has won some games. Just not many against OU. :D

Without CD, Pinky doesn't even do that.

Take a look at how long he has been a head coach and how many conf titles he has all time...get back to me:D

CobraKai
10/7/2008, 03:20 PM
Take a look at how long he has been a head coach and how many conf titles he has all time...get back to me:D

Ouch.