PDA

View Full Version : OU/TX @ Victory park

SeattleOUstudent
10/6/2008, 07:32 PM
Alright hillbillies. Im going to be at Victory Park to watch the game. How many of you have done this before? Do they allow you to BYOB?

photos from last year.

http://photogallery.victorypark.com/VPPhotoGallery/tabid/54/Default.aspx?d=TXOU

JLEW1818
10/6/2008, 07:42 PM
I'll be there too. Let me know the details, you ready to do some fighting ?

SeattleOUstudent
10/6/2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I think itll be a fun place to watch the game. Im hoping the rain will hold off. Temps look down right pleasant.

JLEW1818
10/7/2008, 12:03 AM
Got a link with more info about Victory Park and how it all works?

SeattleOUstudent
10/7/2008, 11:28 AM
actually im looking for that.

tfoolry
10/7/2008, 12:47 PM
EVENTDETAILS

Texas vs OU Pre-Game Day Party

The University of Oklahoma and The University of Texas will once again do battle for the bragging rights of the Red River. Join us on the AT&T Plaza on Friday Oct 10th for pre-game festivities.

Friday, October 10th
5:30 PM Mark McKinney Live (Bud Light Stage)
6:30 PM "Battle in Big D" WFAA-TV/ABC's Live Pre-game Show (AT&T Plaza)
7:00 PM Mike McClure Live (Bud Light Stage)
8:15 PM Reckless Kelly (Bud Light Stage)
9:30 PM Eli Young Band (Bud Light Stage)

Saturday, October 11th
9:00 AM Battle in Big D Pre-game Party (AT&T Plaza)
11:00 AM Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners LIVE on the Mega HD screens at Victory Park! (AT&T Plaza)

Presented by: American Airlines Center, Ford, Victory Park, Dallas Stars, & WFAA.

http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/events-and-tickets/event_details.php?eid=833

JLEW1818
10/7/2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/events-and-tickets/event_details.php?eid=834

anybody else going to be there, that has gone before?

picasso
10/7/2008, 02:53 PM
my crew is going.

Boomer.....
10/7/2008, 03:11 PM
I might try to head there Friday night.

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2008, 03:17 PM
The part they left out...

Friday night is opening night for the Dallas Stars at the AAC. It's going to be a zoo down there that night!

Will probably dine at Kenichi or Craft Steak house at the W that night. Will probably go to the Plaza afterwards to watch the circus. If you see a bald dude smoking a cigar with a hot woman on his arm... come up and say hi.

picasso
10/7/2008, 03:18 PM
I'll be there and will be looking for you buddy. better pack a lunch!!!!:D

TexasLidig8r
10/7/2008, 03:21 PM
I'll be there and will be looking for you buddy. better pack a lunch!!!!:D

if we have a doggie bag, we'll let you have some of the left overs. :D

SeattleOUstudent
10/7/2008, 10:42 PM
Anyone know about the beer situation? Can you BYOB?

StoopTroup
10/8/2008, 09:40 AM
You know...

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days...

There is this little thing called "Tradition".

So many folks keep trying to change things and although "The West End" might be kind of the same old thing....it is a TRADITION for OU/texas Weekend IMO.

Any place some texanican has named Victory Park just doesn't thrill me as a Sooner.

Yes the American Airlines Center might be trying to draw folks down there and it might be a cool place to hang out once you've been down to the West End or even before things get started...but on Game Day your never gonna see me down there rubbing elbows with a bunch of whorns who sold their tickets for beer money.....it's just not going to be a place you'll see me hanging out during OU/texas Weekend.

It might be the new cool thing to do...but...it screams of lame to me.

I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Dear Victory Park....Atmosphere....get some!

Sorry...it's just my opinion.

SeattleOUstudent
10/8/2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, i understand tradition. West End blah blah blah....

But ya know, I want to watch the game in HD on HUGE screens. If youve never been down there, you should check it out. Plus, there is a chance I can beat the living crap out of Dale Hanson. Everyone wins!

StoopTroup
10/8/2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, i understand tradition. West End blah blah blah....

:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
10/8/2008, 01:03 PM
nm

Stoop Dawg
10/8/2008, 01:27 PM
You know...

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days...

There is this little thing called "Tradition".

So many folks keep trying to change things and although "The West End" might be kind of the same old thing....it is a TRADITION for OU/texas Weekend IMO.

The "tradition" is to party at the West End on Friday night. I'm not aware of any "tradition" of watching the actual game there. The watch party in Victory Park is, obviously, during the game.

Also, Victory Park and the House of Blues are within easy walking distance of the West End.

JLEW1818
10/8/2008, 02:58 PM
Should I wear my Sooner Jersey with JLEW1818 on the back? Or do ya'll not care to recognize me.:rolleyes:

CK Sooner
10/8/2008, 03:04 PM
Should I wear my Sooner Jersey with JLEW1818 on the back? Or do ya'll not care to recognize me.:rolleyes:

:texan:

SeattleOUstudent
10/11/2008, 03:42 PM
Wow. I dont think Ill be doing that again next year. Texas fans, regardless of win or loss, are about the most class-less, spoiled, ******* fans one could ever hope to witness.

Then again, water is wet.

StoopTroup
10/12/2008, 11:09 AM
Wow. I dont think Ill be doing that again next year. Texas fans, regardless of win or loss, are about the most class-less, spoiled, ******* fans one could ever hope to witness.

I tried to tell you...

There were lots of Sooners hanging around outside the Cotton Bowl...

VP might have some positives....but there are way to many puke orange negatives....

As we we're leaving the Fair...there were some folks disguised as texas fans going into the Fair....they were trying to throw the hookem **** in OUr face....

I looked right at one of them and I said..."Spell Austin!"....they all looked at me funny and I said..."I thought so"....the other Sooners going leaving with us just started laughing at them....

:D

picasso
10/13/2008, 12:30 PM

were you there man? we sat in the middle in the very back. the fans razzed Sooners leaving early but weren't too hard on us.

I wasn't impressed when they cheered Ryan Reynolds being hurt.

SeattleOUstudent
10/13/2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, i was there. I was towards the front, center, facing AAC. There was a little pod of ab out 20 OU fans around us. Outside of that, we had a TON of Texas trash around us. I mean, cheer, be loud and be proud of your team...but that doesnt mean come up and tap me on the shoulder and say with sarcasm "maybe next time. good game." Dont get in my face with a TX flag and run around like an idiot and knock our stuff over.

On the way to the parking garage, there was a group of about 5-6 UT fans that were talking loudly. They were saying things like "sure will be a long trip back to Oklahoma" etc. We started to cross the street by the W and one chick decided she needed to speak directly to us and said, "you know, in the city of Dallas, its illegal to jay-walk." I stopped, turned around and said, "I know, I live here, bitch". Then I said, "try to show some class when you win, you piece of ....."

TexasLidig8r
10/13/2008, 04:34 PM
We started to cross the street by the W and one chick decided she needed to speak directly to us and said, "you know, in the city of Dallas, its illegal to jay-walk." I stopped, turned around and said, "I know, I live here, bitch". Then I said, "try to show some class when you win, you piece of ....."

Wow.. so calling her a beyotch and piece of **** really showed her!!!!! ;)

Craft Steak house on Friday rawked... great food... had some good friendly banter with Texas and ou fans alike.

SeattleOUstudent
10/13/2008, 04:48 PM
Well, i didnt actually cuss, but I think I did call her an idiot.

I figured I would see you sitting in at Petrizios. That there was some good fuud. Hit the spot. Few horn fans wearing some orange.

picasso
10/13/2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, i was there. I was towards the front, center, facing AAC. There was a little pod of ab out 20 OU fans around us. Outside of that, we had a TON of Texas trash around us. I mean, cheer, be loud and be proud of your team...but that doesnt mean come up and tap me on the shoulder and say with sarcasm "maybe next time. good game." Dont get in my face with a TX flag and run around like an idiot and knock our stuff over.

On the way to the parking garage, there was a group of about 5-6 UT fans that were talking loudly. They were saying things like "sure will be a long trip back to Oklahoma" etc. We started to cross the street by the W and one chick decided she needed to speak directly to us and said, "you know, in the city of Dallas, its illegal to jay-walk." I stopped, turned around and said, "I know, I live here, bitch". Then I said, "try to show some class when you win, you piece of ....."
I saw that big group of loud mouths on the right side. I took it in stride, and waved bye bye at all of them. I yelled back at one guy and said UT better win 'em all, don't forget 2006!

another funny thing was at West End on Friday and hearing Boise State chants. how Aggie is that? I started yelling Francione!!!:D

BHud
10/13/2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like the "trash" wasn't just around you, but was a part of your group as well. You stay classy, eh?

Yeah, i was there. I was towards the front, center, facing AAC. There was a little pod of ab out 20 OU fans around us. Outside of that, we had a TON of Texas trash around us.

JLEW1818
10/13/2008, 07:26 PM
I saw some unbelievable looking females. Too bad mine was drunk, and I had to babysit.

SeattleOUstudent
10/13/2008, 07:50 PM
Sounds like the "trash" wasn't just around you, but was a part of your group as well. You stay classy, eh?

Right. Thats the point of the whole story. Go troll somewhere else.

tfoolry
10/14/2008, 09:26 AM

"We're not in Kansas Dorothy" would've been my reply.

StoopTroup
10/14/2008, 09:42 AM
Where are all the pics of this glorious event? :D

Surely you took a camera.

TexasLidig8r
10/14/2008, 10:42 AM
Well, i didnt actually cuss, but I think I did call her an idiot.

I figured I would see you sitting in at Petrizios. That there was some good fuud. Hit the spot. Few horn fans wearing some orange.

Patrizio's in Highland Park Village.. usually a LOT of good looking women there... and.. dollar bellinis in the month of July.

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2008, 02:38 PM
Where are all the pics of this glorious event? :D

Surely you took a camera.

As you wish. Pardon the artistic edits.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/langstondude/IMG_0156.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/langstondude/IMG_0157.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/langstondude/IMG_0158.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/langstondude/IMG_0172.jpg

SeattleOUstudent
10/15/2008, 12:34 AM
Tell me you saw cow man.

JLEW1818
10/15/2008, 12:38 AM
I'm bringing my own beer next time, its so easy.

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 08:49 AM
Cowman...

LOL!

texas bum
Cowman
"Keep Norman Dumb" Dude...

They have em all....

Good pic.

SeattleOUstudent
10/15/2008, 05:01 PM
That dude was....wow.