PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Graded

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 06:25 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-3-43/Ryan-Reynolds-notches-rare-perfect-score-in-Baylor-game.html

Oklahoma middle linebacker Ryan Reynolds produced a perfect score of 100 in the Sooners' 49-17 victory over Baylor last week -- the first time that Oklahoma defensive coordinator Brent Venables has seen a game without a mistake.

"He graded out at 100 percent," Venables told Oklahoma beat writers during his weekly teleconference. "I don't know that I've ever had that before. I tried to be very nit-picky and he graded out at 100 percent."

Reynolds produced a season-high 14 tackles, including two for losses. He leads the Sooners with 41 tackles after five games.

Venables had a detailed explanation in what went into Reynolds' perfect score.

"It's lining up correctly. No mental errors. No loafs," Venables said. "Playing with great technique every snap. If you're supposed to (get) the curl (route), you cover the curl. If you're supposed to (get) the hook (route), cover the hook. If you're supposed to take your guy man-to-man, you take him. If you're supposed to make certain checks in certain situations, then you do it. And you can't miss tackles when given the opportunity."

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 06:29 PM
This makes me feel really good about Texas.

Flagstaffsooner
10/6/2008, 06:33 PM
awesome. Whorns are hamburger.

IronHorseSooner
10/6/2008, 06:38 PM
After that hit, ask Robert Griffin how well Double-R graded out!

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 06:39 PM
After that hit, ask Robert Griffin how well Double-R graded out!

I want to see him and Clayton and Lewis do that against Colt Saturday.

Rogue
10/6/2008, 06:42 PM
Not bad I guess. ;)

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 06:42 PM
Not bad I guess. ;)

:mad:

:D

The Maestro
10/6/2008, 06:45 PM
Also, some props to a guy like Cordero Moore for making some plays. When the season starts and it doesn't appear that you are going to get many snaps, Moore obviously kept working hard and his number was called due to injuries. He played really well and the efforts of those lineman allow LB's to make the amount of tackles Reynolds and Clayton logged.

StormySooner-IN
10/6/2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121769

FAIL. again.

;)

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121769

FAIL. again.

;)

No one but you knew a-hole

:D

Breadburner
10/6/2008, 08:15 PM
There is always room for improvement.....:D

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 08:40 PM
There is always room for improvement.....:D

:pop:

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/6/2008, 08:48 PM
RR is finally healthy enough to live up to the player we knew he could be. This is the best has he been since he's been in Norman and it's finally showing on the field. Great sign for things to come hopefully. And bad things for mccoy

tulsaoilerfan
10/6/2008, 09:24 PM
I believe i was the first to give props to Reynolds for his performance on saturday. :)

VA Sooner
10/6/2008, 09:34 PM
Here's to a monster game by the defense this weekend.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/6/2008, 09:47 PM
What impressed me about RR in that game was his one on one tackling of the Finley kids from Baylor..I've watched Baylor play a few times, and that dude is one of the strongest backs out there.....Before Saturday, I hadn't seen him tackled by one person..In fact, Saturday, he had a couple of runs that took a gang of Sooners and he was still moving the pile forward..

But when he ran and RR got him, I think on two different occasions RR tackled him solo and didn't struggle with him either....One of those things that really stood out to me