PDA

View Full Version : OUr ability to knock opposing QBs out!

sooner518
10/6/2008, 12:34 PM
Since everyone seems to have a problem with the original intent of this thread, I will edit it:

I hope that this Saturday, our defenders will walk into the Texas backfield, careful not to run so as not to bump into the Texas offensive line and cause potential bruises, scrapes and boo-boos. I hope they then gently place their hands on Colt McCoy, all the while being careful of his arms, knees and head areas (he's been lifting weights all summer, so it would be a shame to put scrapes on all those big muscles that he has now), and tip him over towards the ground and softly placing him on the beautiful bermuda grass of the Cotton Bowl, thus incurring a loss of yardage and a down on the Texas team and making a Sooner victory a very real possibility. :D

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 12:36 PM
75% chance Colt gets hurt Saturday.

SoonerBornSoonerBrett
10/6/2008, 12:51 PM
There were a couple times against Baylor when I thought Griffith/Griffin? was coming out... he took some licks... I loved that shot when Reynolds blew him up outta nowhere... he's a tough little QB... and could really be something to contend with over the next few years!

fwsooner22
10/6/2008, 12:51 PM
Just win and watch him walk to the tunnel with Mac holding his helmet for him telling him its "only a game"....that's all I ask

ashley
10/6/2008, 02:04 PM
Just watch the number of blitzes we send at Mc Coy Sat.

swardboy
10/6/2008, 02:09 PM
Never really thought about all the qb's we've taken out. I DO feel we have faced some might fine QB's though. Even the kid from Chattanooga impressed me.

Leads me to think that Colt won't be anything special compared to what we've already faced this year. Not short-selling him, just saying he doesn't present anything "wow" -like to our d.

olevetonahill
10/6/2008, 02:16 PM
Id hate to see any of the :texan: players hurt
jes sayin

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 02:45 PM
Geez, people. I hate UT too but wishing injury on opposing players is extremely aggy - even if it is Texas.

JLEW1818
10/6/2008, 02:47 PM
I cant say anything, I cheered when Dennis Dixon went down last year to Arizona, which at that point would have made us number 1 probably. Then we all know what happened 2 days later against tech.... So I don't get happy at all, now if it was in the national championship and somebody went down, I could care less.

BermudaSooner
10/6/2008, 03:08 PM
I'd much prefer to beat Texas with Colt McBoy in the whole time.

SoonerInLubbock
10/6/2008, 03:19 PM
I'd much prefer to beat Texas with Colt McBoy in the whole time.

Agreed! No need for excuses.

1890MilesToNorman
10/6/2008, 03:26 PM
No intentional hurting of QB's for OU, that was KSU's MO a few years ago and I sure didn't care for it. We don't want to be considered thugs, we want to be considered as having great athletes and awesome coaching.

Newbomb Turk
10/6/2008, 03:26 PM
Geez, people. I hate UT too but wishing injury on opposing players is extremely aggy - even if it is Texas.

yep - pretty weak.

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 03:31 PM
And maybe we can play touch on Saturday.

:rolleyes:

sooner518
10/6/2008, 03:38 PM
I wasn't saying I hope we injure him. I'm just saying we have a history of getting to the quarterbacks this year and Colt has a history getting knocked around. :D

batonrougesooner
10/6/2008, 03:39 PM
I think wishing to hurt another team's player is pretty extreme. Let's keep some perspective here.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 04:10 PM

You're young. Someday you'll understand how classless that is.

I wasn't saying I hope we injure him. I'm just saying we have a history of getting to the quarterbacks this year and Colt has a history getting knocked around.
Really?

Let's hope that continues this week against Concussion Boy!
Sounds like you're "hoping" for an injury to Colt. Unless "Concussion Boy" is actually someone other than McCoy.

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 04:12 PM
You're young. Someday you'll understand how classless that is.

Really?

Sounds like you're "hoping" for an injury to Colt. Unless "Concussion Boy" is actually someone other than McCoy.

Widescreen I never said once that I wanted Colt to get hurt, so quit twisting peoples words.

sooner518
10/6/2008, 04:21 PM
Really?

Yes, really. We have knocked out 4 of the 5 QBs we've played. Colt has gotten knocked out of several games he's played i over the past 2 yearsn I'd say that suggests that both of those things have a history of happening lately.

I was merely pointing out an interesting fact about our season so far and made a little joke about Colt getting knocked around (are you going around pissing and moaning about the other 8000 people calling McCoy "Concussion Boy"?). Of course I don't really want Colt to get injured (like I have already said), but basic football knowledge tells us that the more we hit the opposing team's QB, the better chance we have of winning. So yes, I want us to put hella pressure on COlt and hit him early and often.

Neg me all you want, but good grief, get over yourself.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 04:23 PM
Widescreen I never said once that I wanted Colt to get hurt, so quit twisting peoples words.

Didn't twist your words. What the above statement tells me is that you think I'm being stupid. That's fine.

CK Sooner
10/6/2008, 04:25 PM
Didn't twist your words. What the above statement tells me is that you think I'm being stupid. That's fine.

No, I don't think your stupid.

I think you don't understand what I was saying.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, really. We have knocked out 4 of the 5 QBs we've played. Colt has gotten knocked out of several games he's played i over the past 2 yearsn I'd say that suggests that both of those things have a history of happening lately.

When you say "I hope we hurt Colt" and then say "I never said I hope Colt gets hurt", it raises my eyebrows a bit. And I've been over myself since the day I was born. Oh, and others may be negging you but I'm not. Mainly because I'm not the type that gets worked up over spek - green or red.

olevetonahill
10/6/2008, 04:30 PM

The rest of us have it Over him . He thinks it we Know it .;) :D

sooneron
10/6/2008, 04:30 PM
poor form

toast
10/6/2008, 04:43 PM
poor form

ditto

C&CDean
10/6/2008, 04:44 PM
Probably not a good topic. I'ma close it.