PDA

View Full Version : Blockparty

Huskernsooner71
10/6/2008, 12:22 PM
A couple of years ago, I went to a huge block party down in dallas the night before the game. Does that still go on? If so, can someone give me some insight as to where that is? Also, what part of Dallas/FW/Plano would you get a hotel in?

The only thing I remember is a bunch of cops with zip ties walking around and riding on horses and a crap load of OU fans at it the night before AD pounded them for over 200 yards.

picasso
10/6/2008, 12:22 PM
yeah, and where can I get Sooner ring tones?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/6/2008, 12:26 PM
ringtones.net

sooner59
10/6/2008, 12:33 PM
Friday night at the West End District in downtown Dallas. If you can't find the West End, just ask someone. Im sure everybody down there can tell you how to get there. And yes there will be thousands of people and police on horses, zip ties, riot gear, the whole nine yards. See you there!

picasso
10/6/2008, 12:34 PM
Friday night at the West End District in downtown Dallas. If you can't find the West End, just ask someone. Im sure everybody down there can tell you how to get there. And yes there will be thousands of people and police on horses, zip ties, riot gear, the whole nine yards. See you there!

yeah that's the place!

hey, why do they Call Adrian AD and not AP?

tfoolry
10/6/2008, 12:38 PM
Forget the West End; it's dead. The new development is Victory Park right down the street from West End in front of AAC. There's also an OU party @ House of Blues on Friday evening, which is in the same area.

http://www.victorypark.com/

UTsucks
10/6/2008, 12:40 PM
Forget the West End; it's dead. The new development is Victory Park right down the street from West End in front of AAC. There's also an OU party @ House of Blues on Friday evening, which is in the same area.

http://www.victorypark.com/

I agree forget the west end move about 6 blocks north to victory park.

See everyone at the House of Blues! :pop:

Huskernsooner71
10/6/2008, 12:43 PM
yeah that's the place!

hey, why do they Call Adrian AD and not AP?

AD = All Day

That was his nickname in high school!

fwsooner22
10/6/2008, 12:48 PM
Oh my..........

Huskernsooner71
10/6/2008, 12:49 PM
I agree forget the west end move about 6 blocks north to victory park.

See everyone at the House of Blues! :pop:

Is Victory park just where OU is going to be with a party or is it really a hopping place? Is it the first year for it at Victory Park?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/6/2008, 12:49 PM
what is ENA??????

and you guys are stupid!!!!! it's Rhett Bomar not Brett Romar!!!

UTsucks
10/6/2008, 12:55 PM
Is Victory park just where OU is going to be with a party or is it really a hopping place? Is it the first year for it at Victory Park?

Hopping place, more room to move around and the house of blues. No reason you can't walk to the west end or victory park from both. Victory is slowly taking over big events like this weekend. Check it out see what you think.

tommieharris91
10/6/2008, 01:14 PM
What channel is the game on this weekend? I heard the game was really big this weekend because our opponent is ranked. Does anyone know if it will be on TV?

OU86
10/6/2008, 01:23 PM
May I interrupt to ask why my post with the picture of that chick in it got deleted?

tfoolry
10/6/2008, 01:26 PM
Hopping place, more room to move around and the house of blues. No reason you can't walk to the west end or victory park from both. Victory is slowly taking over big events like this weekend. Check it out see what you think.

Channel 8 (ABC) also has a studio in Victory Park so they'll be broadasting the news live from there @ 6 & 10. I'm sure there will be beer tents, food vendors & live music down there too.

swardboy
10/6/2008, 01:29 PM
I am requesting that you stop posting in this thread.......

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/6/2008, 01:31 PM
:pop:

Taxman71
10/6/2008, 01:32 PM
http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

picasso
10/6/2008, 05:17 PM
hey guys, first time caller here, how come Stoops dint put Paul Thompson in the Sugar Bowl?

thanks, I'll hang up and listen to yer answer....

tfoolry
10/6/2008, 05:26 PM
Hey, my reference to Channel 8 News was so everyone can say "hi" to Dale Hansen when you're passing by. He just loves Sooner fans, Barry Switzer & all things Oklahoma.

StoopTroup
10/6/2008, 05:53 PM
Hey...

Where did that girl go? :D

tfoolry
10/7/2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.americanairlinescenter.com/events-and-tickets/event_details.php?eid=833

EVENTDETAILS

Texas vs OU Pre-Game Day Party

The University of Oklahoma and The University of Texas will once again do battle for the bragging rights of the Red River. Join us on the AT&T Plaza on Friday Oct 10th for pre-game festivities.

Friday, October 10th
5:30 PM Mark McKinney Live (Bud Light Stage)
6:30 PM "Battle in Big D" WFAA-TV/ABC's Live Pre-game Show (AT&T Plaza)
7:00 PM Mike McClure Live (Bud Light Stage)
8:15 PM Reckless Kelly (Bud Light Stage)
9:30 PM Eli Young Band (Bud Light Stage)

Saturday, October 11th
9:00 AM Battle in Big D Pre-game Party (AT&T Plaza)
11:00 AM Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners LIVE on the Mega HD screens at Victory Park! (AT&T Plaza)

Presented by: American Airlines Center, Ford, Victory Park, Dallas Stars, & WFAA