PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds = Perfect

KingDavid
10/6/2008, 12:21 AM
Pretty cool blogspot from Jake Trotter at the Oklahoman:

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2008/10/05/reynolds-perfect/

Congrats, Ryan Reynolds!

Now . . . do it again this week (when it REALLY matters!)!

yermom
10/6/2008, 12:53 AM
wow.

ousooners182
10/6/2008, 01:02 AM
congrats ryan!

now im ready to see him step up against texas and lay colt mccoy's gay *** out..maybe give him a stinger like michael bennett did :)

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 09:52 AM
congrats ryan!

now im ready to see him step up against texas and lay colt mccoy's gay *** out..maybe give him a stinger like michael bennett did :)

Not cool.

Collier11
10/6/2008, 10:10 AM
cool

OUthunder
10/6/2008, 10:37 AM
way cool junior.

NormanPride
10/6/2008, 10:44 AM
Let's hope he keeps it up and helps the other guys get better as well.

JLEW1818
10/6/2008, 12:10 PM
This weekend will show what Ryan Reynolds is made of! I think he rises even more to the occasion.

ousooners182
10/7/2008, 03:58 AM
o yes he will..sure am glad they dont have jermichael finley this year so he wont have to worry about a quicker tight end to cover when he drops in to zone..hes gonna do great i can feel it!

SoonerInLubbock
10/7/2008, 09:44 AM
Really perfect?.....yeah I think I can live with that!:pop:

StoopTroup
10/7/2008, 09:47 AM
Good Stuff!

NormanPride
10/7/2008, 11:06 AM
Ryan said later that after watching film he wasn't perfect. Just really close. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/7/2008, 12:14 PM
venables has coached 8-9 pro linebackers including 2 butkis winners at OU - this includes arguably one of the top 5 linebackers in OU history. none of these guys has ever scored a perfect on venables review.

my question: do you feel more comfortable with reynolds in the middle or would you rather have [insert OU/KState linebacker] in the middle?

User Name
10/7/2008, 01:07 PM
venables has coached 8-9 pro linebackers including 2 butkis winners at OU - this includes arguably one of the top 5 linebackers in OU history. none of these guys has ever scored a perfect on venables review.

my question: do you feel more comfortable with reynolds in the middle or would you rather have [insert OU/KState linebacker] in the middle?

What about that Chris Patterson guy? He almost played for both schools and he's really fast.

ousooners182
10/7/2008, 02:18 PM
lmao

NormanPride
10/7/2008, 02:31 PM

If said LB could make all the calls and get everyone lined up right all the time.. Sure? It's not like Reynolds has been a liability all the time. I mean, I know you're down on his play, but you have to admit he's a ton better than he was last year. He missed a couple tackles against Baylor, but he was in the right position a large majority of the time and got everyone else there as well. I'll take Venables' word that he's the most sound LB we've had in a while.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/7/2008, 05:59 PM
If said LB could make all the calls and get everyone lined up right all the time.. Sure? It's not like Reynolds has been a liability all the time. I mean, I know you're down on his play, but you have to admit he's a ton better than he was last year. He missed a couple tackles against Baylor, but he was in the right position a large majority of the time and got everyone else there as well. I'll take Venables' word that he's the most sound LB we've had in a while.

my post was more for perspective than anything. venables has coached simoneau at kstate (AA), calmus (AA), torrance (AAHM), lehman (AA), rufus (AA), mitchell (B12), etc. so yes, its quite an accomplishment, but i remember eric bassey grading out really high as well.

i don't think its so much as i'm down on his play, i've just been down on how he fits into our scheme. imo, reynolds plays linebacker oddly. if there is daylight between him and a ball carrier he makes the play so often it seems automatic. he's got good speed, he rarely leaves his feet, he doesn't get juked easily - you know all the things we dream about in a linebacker in the open field. the problem is this all falls apart when a) there are bodies between him and the ball carrier and b) he is between the ball and the intended recipient.

pass coverage aside, it looks like they made a more concerted effort to get our DL to occupy blockers against baylor which led to less OL in the secondary (i don't think an OL got within 5 feet of reynolds in the first half). if this tweak can hold up it helps to solidify our linebacker corps until pokey state. we'll see this saturday if it can...

NormanPride
10/8/2008, 10:11 AM
Fair enough. Hopefully GK and Granger are healthy enough to eat some blockers, and our backers continue their tradition of punishing QBs for thinking they can make plays against us. :D

KingDavid
10/8/2008, 10:31 PM

That's a terrible question. Not because its a bad question. It's just that it makes me FEEL terrible. And I don't want to feel that way heading into the RRSO.

Damn you, JKM. Can't you check your level-headed commentary at the door until maybe around Monday noon? :D