PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Stradford

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry if this info has already been posted not sure didnt want to go searching for it..but tyler stradford is no longer on the ou football team..saw it on rivals..said something about him transferring somewhere where he can play..he was more of a raw talent and were so deep at wr it doesnt really affect us but just thought i would update that

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/5/2008, 12:02 PM
Clearly, he was the lesser of the two guys on the team whose name ends with "radford." ;)

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 12:03 PM
hahaha id agree

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 12:09 PM
Senior WRs:
Juaquin Iglesias
Manny Johnson
Quentin Chaney
not to mention Jermaine is probably gone after this year...

Next year:
Brandon Caleb
Adron Tennell
Ryan Broyles
Jameel Owens

Some big shoes to fill

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 12:18 PM
Senior WRs:
Joaquin Iglesias
Manny Johnson
Quentin Chaney
not to mention Jermaine is probably gone after this year...

Next year:
Brandon Caleb
Adron Tennell
Ryan Broyles
Jameel Owens

Some big shoes to fill

We need to bring in a couple of JC guys.

:pop:

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 01:40 PM
Don't forget Corey Wilson and Dejuan Miller...

We also had a guy named Jarboe that was supposed to be a beast...what happened to that guy?

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 01:43 PM
Don't forget Corey Wilson and Dejuan Miller...

Miller got a lot of playing time against Baylor and had a couple of drops.

Owens had a couple of drops also, but he had a catch.

JLEW1818
10/5/2008, 01:58 PM
I think JG will stay. I think MK and Reggie showed last year, that there is no guarantees.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 02:02 PM
I think JG will stay. I think MK and Reggie showed last year, that there is no guarantees.

Jermaine stated that he would stay.

Who knows though.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:05 PM
Jermaine stated that he would stay.

Who knows though.

He said that? If so I'm not buying it as anything more then what a player should be expected to say during the season. I bet he's gone, he'd be a fool not to.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:06 PM

JG is much better at his position then these two were at theirs.

JLEW1818
10/5/2008, 02:07 PM
here is something funny for you, Who the hell are the quarterbacks that enter the draft going to be ?

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 02:09 PM
He said that? If so I'm not buying it as anything more then what a player should be expected to say during the season. I bet he's gone, he'd be a fool not to.

Yea, he said it a while ago in a video interview.

He said he needs to stay because he is not where he wants to be in the blocking/experience department.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:13 PM
Yea, he said it a while ago in a video interview.

He said he needs to stay because he is not where he wants to be in the blocking/experience department.

Wait until the NFL starts throwing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at him and see what he says. :D

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 02:14 PM
Wait until the NFL starts throwing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at him and see what he says. :D

We will see.

:D

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:16 PM
We will see.

I can see a friendly wager on this. :)

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 02:18 PM
I can see a friendly wager on this. :)

Whats the wager?

KingDavid
10/5/2008, 03:27 PM
If Gresham is healthy, he's a lock for the first round and will be gone. I don't care if he swore on a stack of Bibles as big as Phil Loadholdt that he'll stay.

KingDavid
10/5/2008, 03:34 PM
I don't want to wager that he'll go. Because I wouldn't want to win that bet. I hope he stays.

I'm not worried one bit about our line-up next year:

Broyles - could be Big XII newcomer of the year if Travis Lewis doesn't get it.
Tennell - can stretch the field and go up and get the ball.
Caleb (did you see that hit he put on that Baylor DB? This kid is going to be GOOD!)
Between Owen and Miller, we're going to have at least one WR on par with Iglesias or Kelly.

We will not miss a beat next year at WR.

That concern is a DISTANT second to our losses on the Offensive Line.

KingDavid
10/5/2008, 03:35 PM
Good luck to Stratford. Hopefully he can find a place that he'll be develop his skills and get some PT!

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 03:36 PM
I don't want to wager that he'll go. Because I wouldn't want to win that bet. I hope he stays.

Caleb (did you see that hit he put on that Baylor DB? This kid is going to be GOOD!)
Between Owen and Miller, we're going to have at least one WR on par with Iglesias or Kelly.

Owens and Miller need to get as many snaps this year as possible.

Same goes for our second string Offensive line.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 04:53 PM

I think Bob knows this as well and they have been getting more time then in years past (seems like it to me anyway). Of course it helps that we've been blowing peeps out.

adoniijahsooner
10/5/2008, 06:30 PM

I have seen alot of 2nd team O-linemen playing this year, and when you consider Jarvis Jones has experience on a NC team at LSU against SEC defenses and Stephen Good is getting stronger as he redshirts, we may be better up front next year.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 06:30 PM
Stephen Good has been playing, he is not redshirting.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 06:39 PM
I have seen alot of 2nd team O-linemen playing this year, and when you consider Jarvis Jones has experience on a NC team at LSU against SEC defenses and Stephen Good is getting stronger as he redshirts, we may be better up front next year.

We will be good, def. not better though.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 07:39 PM

All I said is that they have big shoes to fill. They're plenty talented. But I don't expect it to be a completely smooth transition.

I don't care what you say though, the experience of Iggy, Manny, and Gresham put together combined with toughness and talent trumps anything those guys next year can consistently put together.

adoniijahsooner
10/5/2008, 09:11 PM
All I said is that they have big shoes to fill. They're plenty talented. But I don't expect it to be a completely smooth transition.

I don't care what you say though, the experience of Iggy, Manny, and Gresham put together combined with toughness and talent trumps anything those guys next year can consistently put together.

you dont know that. travis lewis is better than lewis baker, brian jackson is better than marcus walker, so you can never tell how good the next group will be.

adoniijahsooner
10/5/2008, 09:13 PM
Stephen Good has been playing, he is not redshirting.

what game and when? i record every game so i can go back and look.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 09:14 PM
what game and when? i record every game so i can go back and look.

He played last game and I think a couple of others.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 09:15 PM
He played last game and I think a couple of others.

Yup.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 09:43 PM
you dont know that. travis lewis is better than lewis baker, brian jackson is better than marcus walker, so you can never tell how good the next group will be.
Lewis Baker and Marcus Walker weren't that good to begin with. Travis Lewis and Brian Jackson (who is phenominal) weren't trying to replace all americans and all conference players.

Sam Bradford was better than Paul Thompson.

It might be true...but it would be more impressive if:
Paul Thompson/ Brett Romar was better than Jason White.

See my point?

They can do it, but there will be bumps in the road and games where they struggle.

proudsoonergal
10/5/2008, 11:09 PM
Lewis Baker and Marcus Walker weren't that good to begin with. Travis Lewis and Brian Jackson (who is phenominal) weren't trying to replace all americans and all conference players.

Sam Bradford was better than Paul Thompson.

It might be true...but it would be more impressive if:
Paul Thompson/ Brett Romar was better than Jason White.

See my point?

They can do it, but there will be bumps in the road and games where they struggle.

So, what you're saying is you can't always predict how a high school player will do in college? I'm shocked. SHOCKED. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/6/2008, 12:14 AM
At first, I thought the thread was going to be about our '09 recruit Tyler Evans, from Stratford MO.