PDA

View Full Version : Time for my annual "Make me not as nervous about saxeT" thread

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2008, 11:49 AM
This Longhorn team has me worried. If our O isn't firing on all cylinders, Texas will be right there ready to win. We should be able to take advantage of their secondary, but their D line pass rush is what worries me the most.

Now, go. Make me feel better. You have 6 days :D

GrapevineSooner
10/5/2008, 11:51 AM
Well, Colt McCoy was apparently lifting weights in the off-season.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to give you reasons to feel better...

I got nuthin.

soonerbrat
10/5/2008, 11:54 AM
both my texas friends think OU is going to win - does that help?

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 11:57 AM
Colt McCoy still looks like Chucky.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 11:57 AM
Yes their D line is amazing, but our offensive line is the best in the nation.

I think they will get some penetration, but our line should hold them back.

SoonerBorn
10/5/2008, 12:05 PM
I played OU vs. Texas on NCAA 2009 this morning on my Wii. 63-7. OU wins.

I think that's all the reassurance we need, right?

Partial Qualifier
10/5/2008, 12:15 PM
TCU would mudhole any team Texas has played so far.

Viking Kitten
10/5/2008, 01:20 PM
both my texas friends think OU is going to win - does that help?

I thought you up and disappeared off the face of the earth, woman. Now I find out you've just been hanging out with Texas people. :mad:

royalfan5
10/5/2008, 01:25 PM
You aren't Nebraska.

tbl
10/5/2008, 02:04 PM
I'm freaking a little about this game as well... I'm going to be a nervous wreck on Saturday.

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 02:21 PM
I think Texas is going to win

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:25 PM
We're a good two TD's better then saxet is. They can't beat us unless we play like hammered horse ****.

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 02:39 PM
Keep thinking that better hope our players don't think that way. We can lose to Texas and I think we will

King Crimson
10/5/2008, 02:50 PM
John Rohde (paraphrase) wrote in the DOK today that UT has "nary a running game".....which is a weird statement since they've been pretty balanced and ran it fairly effectively last night against CU....about 170 yards.

UT's front four is for real.

bri
10/5/2008, 02:51 PM
Texas seems just as good as we are, but everyone's either ignoring them or writing them off outright. They could have a huge chip on their shoulder coming into this game, and we all remember what happened the last couple of times we took on good teams that felt they had something to prove at our expense...:eek:

Sorry, I suck at reassuring. If it's any consolation, I think we're really really good, but I always have to think we're gonna lose this game in order for us to win it. 'Cause I control the universe like that with my brains.

Boomer.....
10/5/2008, 02:56 PM
Colt McCoy still looks like Frankie Muniz.

Fixed.

Flagstaffsooner
10/5/2008, 03:01 PM
But hasnt Colts face cleared up?

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 03:09 PM
Fixed.
i can see that too.
http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/53/2005/6775.jpghttp://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/06/13/hot.not/p1_colt.jpghttp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3862/chuckynl7.jpg

Rogue
10/5/2008, 03:50 PM
Neither Colt nor Sam B do well after they get hit hard.
Our OL is GREAT at pass blocking though.

UT has no running game.

But they do have special teams.

I think we're in for a high scoring affair.

OU - 45
ut - 31

Run O = Huge Advantage OU
Pass O = Even
Run D = Even
Pass D = Huge Advantage OU
ST's = Huge Advantage texas
Coaching = Slight Advantage OU

Rogue
10/5/2008, 03:52 PM
OU - 45
ut - 31

Soonerfan88
10/5/2008, 05:03 PM
Texas' DL only looked all world this week because CU has lost 6 OL including 2 starters. Our freshmen could probably give them a better game.

StoopTroup
10/5/2008, 05:33 PM
I can help with two words Colley...

MACK BROWN

YWIA

ST

soonerbrat
10/5/2008, 10:30 PM
I thought you up and disappeared off the face of the earth, woman. Now I find out you've just been hanging out with Texas people. :mad:

i don't hang out with them...one lives in Dallas, the other in Austin...the Austin one helps me with my football picks - when i talked to him today he said he thought OU would win. the Dallas one told me in a tex message. I really hope we win so that when i take my business trip to Austin I can wear my Sooner stuff.

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2008, 10:51 PM
heh, just noticed this is in the wrong forum...

bri
10/5/2008, 10:52 PM
that's okay, it balances out that one virgin's "girls are pretty, why won't any of them talk to me when I stalk them?" threads on the Football forum. :D

misplaced_sooner
10/6/2008, 02:31 AM
The whole schedule has me worried, TT, OSU, saxet, Kansas and hopefully Mizzou. We have a tough road...

batonrougesooner
10/6/2008, 05:27 AM
Mack Brown is still their coach.

StoopTroup
10/6/2008, 08:39 AM
Mack Brown is still their coach.

See POST NUMBER 22 MUTHA ****ER ! ! ! :D ;)

batonrougesooner
10/6/2008, 08:48 AM
See POST NUMBER 22 MUTHA ****ER ! ! ! :D ;)

I was just reiterating MOTHERFKER!!!! :D

I'm on deathrow in the Mac. I gots time.

dolemitesooner
10/6/2008, 08:54 AM
Ou -24
Tu - 38

batonrougesooner
10/6/2008, 08:56 AM
Ou -24
Tu - 38

Get that filth off this board!!!!

dolemitesooner
10/6/2008, 09:04 AM
Its not filth. Its what I think will happen.

I am a sooner fan. I am also allowed to think we will lose.

I don't walk around with crimson sun glasses.

batonrougesooner
10/6/2008, 09:08 AM
What do sunglasses have to do with this? :D

Sleep well my friend. Don't trouble yourself.

Good will prevail this weekend.

dolemitesooner
10/6/2008, 09:10 AM
Texas is just a team.

I dislike them but they are not Evil

Texas will beat our big headed *** and then maybe things will go back to normal, and the hillbillie bandwagon fans will stop

GrapevineSooner
10/6/2008, 03:22 PM
Gene Chizik is at Iowa State.

I know a lot of people like to heap credit on Vince Young and on Mack for allowing Vince Young to be Vince Young.

But Chizik's defense was also a big reason why they won a NC three years ago. For whatever reason, he gave them a certain swagger that was noticeably absent last year.

Scott D
10/6/2008, 03:28 PM
Because Jordan Shipley likes the booty....and his like of the booty makes Colt McCoy a warrior as such, man.

colleyvillesooner
10/6/2008, 03:30 PM
The whole schedule has me worried, TT, OSU, saxet, Kansas and hopefully Mizzou. We have a tough road...

you're bad at this...

NormanPride
10/6/2008, 03:30 PM
Muschamp is doing okay there. They have youth in the secondary, and are once again rated very very low in pass defense. Guess what we're good at? :D

The defensive lines will decide this game. Ours more than theirs, IMO. Even if their DLine plays lights out and gets to Sam, I still think we put up points. However, if our DLine plays well and gets to Colt, Texas could be in trouble.

Scott D
10/6/2008, 03:37 PM
D-Lines have been getting to Colt somewhat, hence his rushing totals, most are from scrambles rather than designed runs. Our secondary is going to have to remain disciplined and stay with their guys when he scrambles out of the pocket.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 04:17 PM
Mack Brown
Greg Davis
No VY

KC//CRIMSON
10/6/2008, 04:58 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/15/60215-107.jpg

Still nervous?

KC//CRIMSON
10/6/2008, 05:04 PM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2011(3).png

How about now, still nervous?

The Maestro
10/6/2008, 05:51 PM
Gene Chizik is at Iowa State.

I know a lot of people like to heap credit on Vince Young and on Mack for allowing Vince Young to be Vince Young.

But Chizik's defense was also a big reason why they won a NC three years ago. For whatever reason, he gave them a certain swagger that was noticeably absent last year.

Yeah, cause USC barely moved the ball or scored on texas in the national title game.

They won because VY threw and ran for 200. Each.

And he ain't there anymore.

Don't forget the WHITE FRESHMAN SAFETY for texas. He has to stop Ryan Broyles. Ain't happening.

Brons2
10/6/2008, 06:31 PM
Not all white people are slow. :rolleyes:

The Maestro
10/6/2008, 06:33 PM
Not all white people are slow. :rolleyes:

No, but I just talked to a horn fan friend of mine and he brought the issue up before I did.

He is also a freshman.

And name me a starting white guy in the NFL at safety. It is what it is.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 06:35 PM
No, but I just talked to a horn fan friend of mine and he brought the issue up before I did.

He is also a freshman.

Scott Case. What do I win? ;)

Brons2
10/6/2008, 06:37 PM

He is also a freshman.

Blake Gideon is not slow. He does blow coverages, but he runs pretty good and hits well. Yes, he is a freshman.

What happens in the NFL is irrelevant. Less than 1% of college football players make the NFL.

The Maestro
10/6/2008, 06:42 PM
Blake Gideon is not slow. He does blow coverages, but he runs pretty good and hits well. Yes, he is a freshman.

I'll take my chances with Manny, Iglesias, Broyles and Gresham against the phenom.

Brons2
10/6/2008, 07:40 PM
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said the guy is a phenom. He is a serviceable safety, despite your insults. Can he cover your WR's? That remains to be seen. I expect there will be mistakes from the youngsters in our secondary, but it will be a function of youth, not the color of their skin.

On a side note - OU was one of the most progressive schools in their early usage of minority football players. Your racist comments stand in stark contrast to that and are an embarrassment to your own school.

Brons2
10/6/2008, 11:02 PM
By the way...I just identified a white guy playing safety in the NFL. #43 for New Orleans.

Curly Bill
10/6/2008, 11:08 PM
By the way...I just identified a white guy playing safety in the NFL. #43 for New Orleans.

Nice play he made at the end of the game just plowing into the Viking receiver for a pass interference. Dude looked like a klutz.

The Maestro
10/7/2008, 07:33 AM
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said the guy is a phenom. He is a serviceable safety, despite your insults. Can he cover your WR's? That remains to be seen. I expect there will be mistakes from the youngsters in our secondary, but it will be a function of youth, not the color of their skin.

On a side note - OU was one of the most progressive schools in their early usage of minority football players. Your racist comments stand in stark contrast to that and are an embarrassment to your own school.

Racist? Is it racist for me to identify the fact there were NO white guys on the U.S. Olympic basketball team? Or no black guys on the swim team?

I bet you don't even associate with any black people...or you wouldn't be so afraid to discuss issues of race.

Seriously...go peruse the top 25 in college football and tell me how many white guys play DB. The percentages will be astounding to you. Are there fast white guys out there? Sure. But just few and far between. Not saying it can't happen, but it is rare...even for texas!

Racist comments...yes, ME--a white guy, discriminating against a white guy for being white...I am just really doubting that he is all that...and some of your horn brethren could not agree more!

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2008, 08:43 AM
Racist? Is it racist for me to identify the fact there were NO white guys on the U.S. Olympic basketball team? Or no black guys on the swim team?

No, just wrong.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7766/610xyt3.jpg

The Maestro
10/7/2008, 09:13 AM
Well, there you have it. White safeties and black swimmers.

What next? Black golfers??? :)

Okla-homey
10/7/2008, 10:25 AM
Our O line is the Hoover Dam of O lines. If our defensive secondary steps up and plays the game they are capable of playing, it won't be close. If they don't, it'll be a shoot-out, but we'll still pull it off.

Does that help?