10/5/2008, 11:48 AM
I cannot believe Notre Dame has yet to crack the top ten

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 11:51 AM
Please let us get past Texas.

mojohornfan
10/5/2008, 11:52 AM
Congrats and well deserved.

I can't think of another RRS that I've anticipated more than this one. I'd be much happier if Fozzy could be healthy and play in it, but it should be a good one none the less.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats and well deserved.

I can't think of another RRS that I've anticipated more than this one. I'd be much happier if Fozzy could be healthy and play in it, but it should be a good one none the less.

Can we get a prediction from a Horns point of view?

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/5/2008, 11:59 AM
The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 61 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. This season's board: Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Mike Bellotti, Oregon; Bret Bielema, Wisconsin; Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tommy Bowden, Clemson; Art Briles, Baylor; Mack Brown, Texas; Neil Callaway, Alabama-Birmingham; Gene Chizik, Iowa State; Mario Cristobal, Florida International; Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Butch Davis, North Carolina; Todd Dodge, North Texas; Randy Edsall, Connecticut; Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee; Jeff Genyk, Eastern Michigan; Turner Gill, Buffalo; Joe Glenn, Wyoming; Todd Graham, Tulsa; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Pat Hill, Fresno State; Butch Jones, Central Michigan; Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Jim Leavitt, South Florida; Rocky Long, New Mexico; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Doug Martin, Kent State; Urban Meyer, Florida; Les Miles, LSU; Shane Montgomery, Miami (Ohio); Hal Mumme, New Mexico State; Rick Neuheisel, UCLA; Tom O'Brien, North Carolina State; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Gary Patterson, TCU; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Mike Price, Texas-El Paso; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Michigan; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic; Mark Snyder, Marshall; Frank Solich, Ohio; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Jeff Tedford, California; Joe Tiller, Purdue; Bob Toledo, Tulane; Dick Tomey, San Jose State; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; Tommy Tuberville, Auburn; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame; Kyle Whittingham, Utah; Tyrone Willingham, Washington; Ron Zook, Illinois.

Hmmm...I wonder where LSU's lone first-place vote came from??

starclassic tama
10/5/2008, 12:08 PM
i don't have a problem with that. they are the defending national champions.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 12:10 PM
i don't have a problem with that. they are the defending national champions.

mojohornfan
10/5/2008, 12:16 PM
I'm not gonna pick a winner. Too many intangibles that are up in the air. Both sides always seem to hold "something out" for this game. Obviously, we're not happy with our running game. I swear, if we run Cody Johnson (our big RB) parallel to the line of scrimmage in Dallas one time, like we did against Colorado, I'm sending hate mail to Greg Davis. Our defense is a bright spot, considering where it was last year at this time. We have been playing great run defense, only rushing 4 and playing 7 back. Stoops' offense will be a great test for this defense, with the mis-directions and screens, as Texas plays aggressively on that side of the ball. As far as the Texas' offense, we will have to throw the ball downfield. If we can do that, we win. Problem is, I'm not sure if GD knows what that is yet. (I can only remember 2 plays where Colt threw further than 15 yards last night.) Hopefully, Fozzy will be healthy for the game. Most Texas fans believe he's our best RB, but has been injured and last played vs. Utep. If he's healthy and can play, that should help out the passing game. With Irby out as well, we will need another TE to step up and make some plays.

Collier11
10/5/2008, 12:20 PM
How bout the big 12 with 3 top 5 teams and the #1 and #2 teams...I think due to their Defense Mizzou is a little too high but it is cool none the less.

I will go as far as a prediction:

The game will be decided by the fact that ut likely wont be able to run the ball against us and their Pass D is #100 in the nation...as unbiased as possible I say OU 38 ut 21

OKC-SLC
10/5/2008, 12:51 PM
the level of comfort i have against UT is what makes me nervous. We just seem to match up very favorably against them.

That is not always a good thing in Dallas.

Collier11
10/5/2008, 12:55 PM
I feel the exact same way

The Maestro
10/5/2008, 03:18 PM
The higher ranked team has won the last 8 meetings. Has Texas ever beaten a top ranked OU team?

The pass defense for Texas...100th. They start a freshman white safety. Just tell me how many white safeties start in the NFL and I will think that isn't a bit strange (if the total is 1 or more).

OK2LA
10/5/2008, 03:22 PM
They start a freshman white safety.

They also start a whitey at WR.

Fastest honkey I've seen in a while.

JLEW1818
10/5/2008, 03:23 PM
John Lynch?

I agree with what you are saying.

The Maestro
10/5/2008, 03:27 PM
John Lynch?

I agree with what you are saying.

Lynch = retired.

Yes, Shipley is pretty good. He is also in his third year and McCoy's roommate. Methinks they discuss offensive strategies while toweling each other off.

The white FRESHMAN safety...I just really like the thought of him trying to cover Broyles, Manny, JI or tackle Jermaine. That thought is not registering.

JLEW1818
10/5/2008, 03:29 PM
Lynch = retired.

Yes, Shipley is pretty good. He is also in his third year and McCoy's roommate. Methinks they discuss offensive strategies while toweling each other off.

The white FRESHMAN safety...I just really like the thought of him trying to cover Broyles, Manny, JI or tackle Jermaine. That thought is not registering.

I think there going to try and cover the WR, and JG is going to do some damage. Then Murray will have a few draw type plays.

Soonerfan88
10/5/2008, 03:30 PM
I cannot believe Notre Dame has yet to crack the top ten

Anyone else see that "Final Verdict" segment on Gameday Final last night? Holthz actually thinks ND should be highly ranked by May & Davis smacked him down. :rolleyes:

Collier11
10/5/2008, 04:36 PM
Holtz says that every week, I think he is just being silly as opposed to being that senial

MamaMia
10/5/2008, 05:14 PM
Nice - all but one number 1 vote.I'm guessing it was Bowden.

bri
10/5/2008, 05:50 PM
Based on?