PDA

View Full Version : Ol Bullit

StoopTroup
10/5/2008, 09:19 AM
A young cowboy from Enid goes off to college, but half way through the semester, he has foolishly squandered all his money.

He calls home. 'Dad,' he says, 'You won't believe what modern education is developing! They actually have a program here in Stoolwater that will teach our horse, Ol' Bullit how to talk!'

'That's amazing,' his Dad says. 'How do I get Ol' Bullit in that program?'

'Just send him down here with $1,000' the young cowboy says. 'I'll get him in the course.'

So, his father sends the horse and $1,000.

About two-thirds through the semester, the money again runs out. The boy calls home.

'So how's Ol' Bullit doing son,' his father asks.

'Awesome, Dad, he's talking up a storm,' he says, 'but you just won't believe this - they've had such good results they have started to teach the animals how to read!'

'Read!' says his father, 'No kidding! How do we get Bullit in that program?'

Just send $2,500, I'll get him in the class.

The money promptly arrives. But our hero has a problem. At the end of the year, his father will find out the horse can neither talk, nor read. So he shoots the horse.

When he arrives home at the end of the year, his father is all excited. 'Where's Ol' Bullit? I just can't wait to see him read something and talk!'

'Dad,' the boy says, 'I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just before we left to drive home, Ol' Bullit was in the living room, kicked back in the recliner, reading the Wall Street Journal, like he usually does. Then he turned to me and asked, 'So, is your daddy still messin' around with that little redhead who lives in town?'

The father exclaimed, 'I hope you shot that horse before he talks to your Mother!'

'I sure did, Dad!'

'That's my boy!'

That young man later went on to manage a feedlot.

BudSooner
10/5/2008, 09:28 AM
Awesome! :D

OUHOMER
10/5/2008, 09:36 AM
:D :D :D :D :D