PDA

View Full Version : Gerald McCoy and others injury update

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 01:23 AM
OU suffered some bumps and bruises, but appeared to escape Waco without any serious injures.

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy hobbled off the field in the second half after twisting his ankle. But after a brief evaluation by trainers, he was back on his feet walking the sidelines. He never took his shoe off nor left the bench.

"I'm good, I'm good," McCoy said.

Center Jon Cooper left the game with a sprained knee, but said he too will be ready for Texas.

Running back DeMarco Murray had an ice pack on his right knee after the game, but appeared to be walking without a limp.

“We have some nicks,” coach Bob Stoops said. “But I don't think there's anything too serious.”

As for Frank Alexander, Demarcus Granger, i pray!

swardboy
10/5/2008, 06:32 AM
I thought McCoy was just experiencing cramps in the foot area.

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 07:24 AM
well guess not this is off of oklahoma rivals.

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 07:24 AM
no no no check that its on newsok

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 09:45 AM
Sounds like everyone will be good for Texas.

Thanks for this.

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 11:00 AM
no prob just hope we can get like 10 good snaps in from granger in running situations..hoping for the best

stoopified
10/5/2008, 11:50 AM
I'm going to wait for gameday to count my chickens as far as who is ready to play.Funny how injury reports tend to often change.

CK Sooner
10/5/2008, 11:54 AM
no prob just hope we can get like 10 good snaps in from granger in running situations..hoping for the best

If he starts practicing Monday-Friday he should be good to go against Texas.

Granger and Mccoy are the backbone of our run defense. I am more worried about the pass though to be honest with you.