PDA

View Full Version : Omen?

westcoast_sooner
10/5/2008, 12:34 AM
Looked it up just now. When OU had been undefeated going into the RRR during the Stoops era, they have always won. We lost in Norman against TCU and at UCLA in 2005. In 2006, we lost the debacle at Autzen. In both cases we lost in Dallas. Back in '99, we lost to the Domers the week before Dallas - took a lead in the first half, but gave it up in my first time to travel to the classic game.

I'm thinking it's time for another Stoops beat down in Dallas. I'd take a winning FG as time expires.

rainiersooner
10/5/2008, 01:00 AM
I'd take 65-13. But sure, the winning field goal would be GREAT also! Boomer.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 01:03 AM
I say we just kick their lungs in.

SoonerKnight
10/5/2008, 01:49 AM
I'd take 65-13. But sure, the winning field goal would be GREAT also! Boomer.

with our freshman kicker! :eek:

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 01:50 AM
I say we just kick their Azz.

fixed Bro

BASSooner
10/5/2008, 03:53 AM
I say we kick the **** out of them. We have the ability.

Their pass defense (ranked almost dead last) against OUr juggernaut offense=potential domination

OUr defense against their offense( with no run game)=it will all depend on OUr secondary.

DrZaius
10/5/2008, 09:30 AM
I say grab them by the neck and stick the toothpick right between their teeth then slap them around their head a couple of times.......

Tripper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCaz7l_PVA&feature=related)

and then step on their neck until they scream....

Porky's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKZV1MSldJk&feature=related)

and then after that we can party....

CannonBall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rmqdcr8Og&feature=related)

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 09:32 AM
we lost to Colorado and won last year.

SoonerFrance
10/5/2008, 09:54 AM
we lost to Colorado and won last year.

I think the point was that everytime in the Stoops era we've headed into the RRS undefeated, we've won. The poster did not say that the ONLY time we ever win going into the RRS is when we're undefeated.

Salt City Sooner
10/5/2008, 10:05 AM
Looked it up just now. When OU had been undefeated going into the RRR during the Stoops era, they have always won. We lost in Norman against TCU and at UCLA in 2005. In 2006, we lost the debacle at Autzen. In both cases we lost in Dallas. Back in '99, we lost to the Domers the week before Dallas - took a lead in the first half, but gave it up in my first time to travel to the classic game.

I'm thinking it's time for another Stoops beat down in Dallas. I'd take a winning FG as time expires.
A better omen: In the Stoops/Brown era, the higher ranked team in the AP poll has won every single time.

MyT Oklahoma
10/5/2008, 10:40 AM
God will not allow a UT win. Sooners 35.. UT 24.

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 11:01 AM
I think the point was that everytime in the Stoops era we've headed into the RRS undefeated, we've won. The poster did not say that the ONLY time we ever win going into the RRS is when we're undefeated.

Im damyum glad ya got that str8 :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2008, 11:05 AM
don't forget last year, UT had one two straight, and no team had failed to win the third in a row...ever.

Things like that mean squat. Let's just kick in their teeth.

SoonerFrance
10/5/2008, 03:46 PM
Im damyum glad ya got that str8 :rolleyes:

Oh, and it was a great relief to get that off my chest. :D

PLaw
10/5/2008, 05:47 PM

Yeah, any win in Fair Park is a good win. But seeing the texass side of the CB empty out half-way through the 4th qtr is a beautiful sight.

BOOMER SOONER

proudsoonergal
10/5/2008, 11:00 PM
A better omen: In the Stoops/Brown era, the higher ranked team in the AP poll has won every single time.

Another great omen: OU has never lost when I've sat on the Texas side (2001, 2002, 2003, 2007). My seats this year? Texas side. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/6/2008, 12:24 AM
Another great omen: OU has never lost when I've sat on the Texas side (2001, 2002, 2003, 2007). My seats this year? Texas side. :DThen, the deal...............IS SEALED!!!GO BIG RED!

bstuff1979
10/6/2008, 08:38 AM
and another omen, OU is undefeated against saxeT this century when the Cubs make the playoffs. At least this year, unfortunate for myself as it may be, I won't have to decide whether or not Cubs regalia needs to be worn on Saturday.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/6/2008, 08:46 AM
I think I can shed some light on this. The worse we are, the more games we lose.

Since texas is our best competition year in and year out, it makes sence that they win in the years that we lose to crappy teams.

I hope that helps. Either that or it's some mystical thing like an omen or something. Booga booga.

StoopTroup
10/6/2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, any win in Fair Park is a good win. But seeing the texass side of the CB empty out half-way through the 2th qtr is a beautiful sight.

BOOMER SOONER

FIXED :D :pop:

BoomerJack
10/6/2008, 09:35 AM
God will not allow a UT win. Sooners 35.. UT 24.

Wow, I didn't know that Barry Switzer had joined the O.U. coaching staff!!

StoopTroup
10/6/2008, 09:40 AM
Wow, I didn't know that Barry Switzer had joined the O.U. coaching staff!!

He's been on Retainer for years...

Keep up!