PDA

View Full Version : So...Mr. McCain...

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2008, 08:42 PM
You say you would veto every single bill that has pork barrells and/or earmarks attached to them.

Yet you vote for a $700 Billion Bailout with $110 Billion added to it in Pork and earmarks?

Whatever happened to your integrity Mr. McCain?

Would you republicans here like to spin this for me, so it makes it fit his statement about vetoing every bill with pork/earmarks?

Please. I want to see some justification in his actions!

But Words mean more than Actions, right?

OUHOMER
10/4/2008, 08:56 PM
He was in a catch 22.... But I agree, he should have at least covered his *** by saying something like...

I voted for it, but I didnt want too. But for the best interest of this country I had too..

But he did not make that statement, At least that i know of.

mdklatt
10/4/2008, 09:27 PM
I voted for it, but I didnt want to. But for the best interest of this country I had to..

Why wouldn't he want to vote for something that's in the best interest of the country? That's problem with "always" and "never". The world is not absolute--hear that pubz?--so you're inevitably painting yourself into a corner.

Penguin
10/4/2008, 09:33 PM
You say you would veto every single bill that has pork barrells and/or earmarks attached to them.

Yet you vote for a $700 Billion Bailout with $110 Billion added to it in Pork and earmarks?

He only promised to veto bills. He can't veto anything as a Senator! Duh! :texan:

mdklatt
10/4/2008, 09:44 PM
He only promised to veto bills. He can't veto anything as a Senator! Duh! :texan:

Penguin wins the thread.

GottaHavePride
10/4/2008, 09:48 PM
...let the wookiee win.

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 10:00 PM

Whatever happened to your integrity Mr. McCain?

Would you republicans here like to spin this for me, so it makes it fit his statement about vetoing every bill with pork/earmarks?

Please. I want to see some justification in his actions!

But Words mean more than Actions, right?

Just another politician not keeping his word to the American people.

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2008, 10:06 PM

Obviously you are too ignorant to see the situation here.

He says he will veto all earmarks and pork. Because he thinks it is unethical.

However, he will be happy to vote for a bill loaded with 1/7th of the total bill in pork?

Spin it however you want. The guy is merely talking to the masses, much like Kerry and Gore did in their bids for the White House.

The fact remains, he is against earmarks and pork...but doesn't mind voting for a bill that is filled with it.

Hmmmm....I know why he voted for it. And it was not for the good of the country. It was for the good of each vote.

GottaHavePride
10/4/2008, 10:11 PM

He says he will veto all earmarks and pork. Because he thinks it is unethical.

However, he will be happy to vote for a bill loaded with 1/7th of the total bill in pork?

Spin it however you want. The guy is merely talking to the masses, much like Kerry and Gore did in their bids for the White House.

The fact remains, he is against earmarks and pork...but doesn't mind voting for a bill that is filled with it.

Hmmmm....I know why he voted for it. And it was not for the good of the country. It was for the good of each vote.

Ur humor detector. Iz broke.

Jerk
10/4/2008, 10:17 PM

If his vote was based on what the people want then he would have voted against it. He didn't. Both he and Barry voted for it. Now we're down to what I originally thought this election was about: voting for the lessor of two evils, or who will do the less damage. It has been this way since 1984.

Penguin
10/4/2008, 10:20 PM

http://www.reelcomix.com/admin/admin_images/ignorance-is-bliss.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 10:27 PM
If his vote was based on what the people want then he would have voted against it. He didn't. Both he and Barry voted for it. Now we're down to what I originally thought this election was about: voting for the lessor of two evils, or who will do the less damage. It has been this way since 1776.
ahem

OU_Sooners75
10/4/2008, 10:53 PM
If his vote was based on what the people want then he would have voted against it. He didn't. Both he and Barry voted for it. Now we're down to what I originally thought this election was about: voting for the lessor of two evils, or who will do the less damage. It has been this way since 1984.

The difference...Obama has said he was for it. And he has never mentioned anything about vetoing all bills filled with pork or earmarks.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/4/2008, 11:42 PM
I'm going to request you stop posting in this thread.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2008, 11:43 PM
The difference...Obama has said he was for it. And he has never mentioned anything about vetoing all bills filled with pork or earmarks.Are you advocating voting for the politician who OPENLY espouses screwing the country?

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 11:43 PM
I'm going to request you stop posting in this thread.

Why do I have a feeling that this phrase is gonna be with us for a long time to come? :D

SCOUT
10/4/2008, 11:46 PM
Why do I have a feeling that this phrase is gonna be with us for a long time to come? :D

I remember seeing it in that first Duke Robinson thread and thinking how much potential it had. I am very glad to see that it has kept its legs so far.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 11:49 PM
I remember seeing it in that first Duke Robinson thread and thinking how much potential it had. I am very glad to see that it has kept its legs so far.

Oh, it's got legs. :D

GottaHavePride
10/4/2008, 11:58 PM
Got to keep the feets.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/5/2008, 12:50 AM
I was working at the library (Bizzell) the first time I read that phrase. It was around 1 in the morning and I nearly fell out of the chair laughing.

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 01:29 AM
Line ****ing Item VETO
get it done .