PDA

View Full Version : What is it that makes their jerseys stick to the pads?

sooner59
10/4/2008, 08:39 PM
I have noticed watching many different teams this year, including ours, that they have to be using something that makes the jersey stick tight to the pads underneath. If you watch the USC playmakers, you will notice some of their jerseys are bunched up and are obviously clinging to their pads like glue. I have seen at least 5-10 different teams doing this. Is it legal? What is it, a spray?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/4/2008, 08:40 PM
manbutter

CK Sooner
10/4/2008, 08:56 PM
Many players apply two-sided carpet tape to their shoulder pads so that the jersey sticks to the pads.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/fb-equip10.htm

bcmsooner
10/4/2008, 08:57 PM
Double sided tape....I Remember this story from back in the day...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=program/bigrig

DAY THREE
Finishing Touches
Saturday, October 9
6:00 a.m.
West Locker Room, The Cotton Bowl
Their eyes are red. Their walk is slow. But regardless of what the clock says, regardless of the fact that most of Tipton's staff spent the previous night at Hooters, the locker room needs to be ready in three hours, when the team will arrive. Tipton pulls everyone into a small corridor, asks them to join hands and says a prayer. Afterwards, he flatly asks the group, "Everybody know what they need to do? Everybody have a happy feel about today?"

They groan yes. And assistant equipment manager Barrett Argo drops a dip in his mouth. "The dip solves everything," he said. "You don't even know what time it is."

Matt Schachle has a different method for keeping awake. He jumps atop the exer-cycle and air dances to Juvenile's "Slow Motion."

Meanwhile, outside the locker room, smack in the heart of the country's largest state fair, it's still. There are no people. No rides. No deep-fried cheesecake slices. Just darkness. The only noise is the constant chirping of crickets and the buzz from the rainbow-colored "Midway" sign just outside the locker room door.

The worst job of the weekend? That goes to Argo, who has the unenviable task of taping Dan Cody's shoulder pads to his jersey. Nine players ask to have the double-sided tape stuck to their pads so they're jersey can't be held, but Cody's request is extra troubling. He likes his jersey tight -- real tight -- and wears a size 46, which is about two or three sizes too small for a player Cody's size. The only way Argo can get the jersey over the pads is to put the tape on, cover the pads with a towel, pull the jersey over the towel and then yank the towel out like he's pulling a tablecloth out from under a set of china.

He doesn't mind.

"Dude's a manchild. He's absolutely phenomenal," Argo says of Cody. "So if he wants to wear a size 46 jersey and have the tape on his pads, he gets the 46 jersey and the tape on his pads. And hopefully we win the game."

IronSooner
10/4/2008, 09:06 PM
Quite possibly the only allowable example of a guy wanting tight clothing.

freshchris05
10/4/2008, 09:07 PM
besides being a rock god...

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 09:10 PM
Texas players use SEMEN!

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 09:12 PM
Ole number 77...

http://www.utrechtart.com/images/products/40278.jpg

winnard
10/4/2008, 10:44 PM
I have noticed watching many different teams this year, including ours, that they have to be using something that makes the jersey stick tight to the pads underneath. If you watch the USC playmakers, you will notice some of their jerseys are bunched up and are obviously clinging to their pads like glue. I have seen at least 5-10 different teams doing this. Is it legal? What is it, a spray?

It's CK Sooners missing brain matter.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/4/2008, 10:54 PM
Texas players use SEMEN!

From Bevo.