PDA

View Full Version : Congrats

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2008, 06:37 PM
Congratulations on the win. The game sucked though. It was hot, I got sunburned, the scoreboard sound system caused my ears to bleed, our offense and defense sucked, and we lost. Congrats though!

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 06:38 PM
But did you get laid or smoke a good cigar?

Nice post btw.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:39 PM
Did you really get thrown out of the locker room for crying? ;)

badger
10/4/2008, 06:55 PM
You're a good sport, SicEm. As far as I'm concerned, you are once again a valid poster here at SF.com and carry more weight than the saxet ones this week :D

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6730/bufb0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/bufb0.jpg/1/w380.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img515/bufb0.jpg/1/)

David Earl
10/4/2008, 07:07 PM
Baylor showed some scrap in this game we haven't always seen in years past. Briles will continue to coach them up and Griffin may beat us before his career is done.

Rogue
10/4/2008, 07:36 PM
Classy post, Sic'Em.

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 07:38 PM
hey, Baylor is better than A&M and ISU, so you got that going for you.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 07:49 PM
Hope you lose Sicem. That is your virginity.

Cajun
10/4/2008, 07:52 PM
Great game we enjoyed talking to the fans was nice. The cheeseburger at the Health Camp was awesome.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2008, 08:24 PM
Great game we enjoyed talking to the fans was nice. The cheeseburger at the Health Camp was awesome.

Sweet. Did you go to Health Camp based on my recommendation or did you already know of the place?

Glad you had a good experience with our fans!

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2008, 08:30 PM
Baylor showed some scrap in this game we haven't always seen in years past. Briles will continue to coach them up and Griffin may beat us before his career is done.

griffin will be a damn good QB before his career is over he just needs some help on defense

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/4/2008, 08:32 PM
SicEm, you really are a great sport, and I enjoyed the game immensely. I have a healthy and robust fear of Robert Griffin for the next 3-4 years now. I agree about the sunburn and Floyd's crappy stereo, but other than that, most of my game day complaints come from South Dallas traffic. Great post, great first experience in Waco, and great kolache's in West Comma Texas on the way back.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2008, 08:38 PM
SicEm, you really are a great sport, and I enjoyed the game immensely. I have a healthy and robust fear of Robert Griffin for the next 3-4 years now. I agree about the sunburn and Floyd's crappy stereo, but other than that, most of my game day complaints come from South Dallas traffic. Great post, great first experience in Waco, and great kolache's in West Comma Texas on the way back.

Sweet. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 08:42 PM
As I stated in the Briles/Singletary thread, he could build himself a nice competitive team there. One that could compete for the middle of the Big 12 South consistently and maybe higher if weirdness happens. To me that was about the best Baylor has looked since the SWC days.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 08:48 PM
Griffin seems like he's got some running talent, but not a good passer yet. If/When he gets some receiving talent, and learns how to make a play, he'll be pretty good. Briles is a good coach. I think A&M is the new Baylor - and the Bears will move up in the South.

columbuscreek
10/4/2008, 08:50 PM
Baylor missed it's chance in competing big time in football in the Big 12 when they didn't hire Singletary. I like Briles and I think he will do a good job but he won't take Baylor to the mountain top.

On the other hand Baylor's hire of Kim Mulkey and Scott Drew was masterful. If Baylor lands John Wall for the class of 2009 they will have landed the #1 recruit in both men and women's basketball for 2009. I don't think that feat has ever been accomplised before. Those two are the gold standard.

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2008, 08:52 PM
Baylor missed it's chance in competing big time in football in the Big 12 when they didn't hire Singletary. I like Briles and I think he will do a good job but he won't take Baylor to the mountain top.

On the other hand Baylor's hire of Kim Mulkey and Scott Drew was masterful. If Baylor lands John Wall for the class of 2009 they will have landed the #1 recruit in both men and women's basketball for 2009. I don't think that feat has ever been accomplised before. Those two are the gold standard.

Are you Singletary's agent or something?

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 09:17 PM
Singletary also could have ended up being another John Blake. He has been nothing but a NFL defensive coach and not a coordinator. I think he would have been lost trying to coach in college and the pressure of coaching at your alma mater where you were considered a star is even greater. Kragthorpe may have been successful at TU after coming there from being an NFL QB coach but he had college experience prior to that as the QB coach at Northern Arizona, Boston College and aTm and OC at UNA, UNT and aTm.

Baylor is different type of job and has shown to be a "career killer' for a coach. I think Singletary wants an NFL job, not a college job and going to Baylor and not succeeding (for whatever the reason) would effectively killed any NFL shot.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2008, 09:25 PM

your not gonna give it up are ya?

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2008, 09:25 PM
thanks. Just tell Griffin to take the loss like a man, and not bitch in the post game interview about bad calls by the officials and how it wasn't as much OU as much as it was Baylor not executing.

We had a little to do with that, Freshman.

Collier11
10/4/2008, 09:26 PM

that is funny, no really

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2008, 09:27 PM
oh I didn't hear that...any links to his comments?

ousooners182
10/4/2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah someone give links for comments

VA Sooner
10/4/2008, 11:52 PM
Griffin... an 18 year-old quarterback playing like he belongs on the field. When they recruit better running backs and receivers, Griffin will have what he needs to operate the offense better. It was a good showing from a team that's building. Good luck with the rest of the season, Sic'em.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 11:54 PM
Griffin... an 18 year-old quarterback playing like he belongs on the field. When they recruit better running backs and receivers, Griffin will have what he needs to operate the offense better. It was a good showing from a team that's building. Good luck with the rest of the season, Sic'em.

If they'd hired Singletary as their coach they'd be ranked #1 right now instead of us. :rolleyes: ;) :D

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 12:47 AM
ok well i found my own link guys :).
heres what griffin and other teammates say..alot of ou overrated and wake forests secondary is better than ours..i liked griffin till this..take a loss and move on ******..

http://www.baylor.edu/lariat/news.php?action=story&story=53414

ousooners182
10/5/2008, 12:48 AM
and pretty funny he talks about our secondary when he threw for a total of 78 yards

Breadburner
10/5/2008, 12:55 AM
If grandma would have had a dick she would have been grandpa.....

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 01:34 AM

Most intelligent Post so far. That Griffin Is allsome .

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 01:47 AM
I Did respect Griffen till that link .:mad:
The young man did well in the Game . But to say OU didnt kinda sucs

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 02:21 AM
I wish Griffin hadn't said that. I think a lot of it is his age, so he certainly has some maturing to do.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 02:22 AM
Most intelligent Post so far. That Griffin Is allsome .

I wish you'd been there old man! I had a beer after the game with Melo and her boyfriend.

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 02:40 AM
I wish you'd been there old man! I had a beer after the game with Melo and her boyfriend.

Easy on the OLD part there Yungun .;)
You dont Know How bad I wanted to be there
Peem me yer Didjits again
Ill Call ya and tell ya why :O

Jeronimo
10/5/2008, 10:30 AM
not good to play for baylor, get pounded, then fire off fuel for another pounding in Norman next year. Hes beggin for Reynolds to take him round the woodshed again.

TMcGee86
10/5/2008, 10:49 AM
I was there and I concur on all counts. That PA system was brutal. We had no idea what the ref was saying on any call.

And it was hot. And we are sunburned on the right side of our faces. Shadows didn't get to us till 2:00 left in the game.

But it was a sweet game overall. I was glad Baylor kept it somewhat interesting for most of the game. It allowed us to get in a lot of good work for the UT game instead of just a yawnfest that is over at halftime and the guys lose interest.

Sco
10/5/2008, 11:04 AM
I definitely had more respect for Griffin before reading that post, but regardless....

Griffin showed us that we need to work on our option defense. Going up against Texas next week with McCoy running the way he is... our front 7 have to be quicker to recognize that or McCoy is going to do some serious damage.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2008, 02:13 PM
Freshman inside receiver Kendall Wright said that he though the OU defense was overrated as well and that the Bears simply didn't execute.

"(OU)'s good but not as good as everybody thinks they are," he said.

that is just adorable!

OU-HSV
10/5/2008, 02:35 PM
SicEm you win the class act award of the day. Props for this thread

SOONERnTx
10/5/2008, 03:01 PM
Are you Singletary's agent or something?

I was thinking more like Singletary's b***h!

birddog
10/5/2008, 03:07 PM

you been boozin?

birddog
10/5/2008, 03:13 PM
thanks. Just tell Griffin to take the loss like a man, and not bitch in the post game interview about bad calls by the officials and how it wasn't as much OU as much as it was Baylor not executing.

We had a little to do with that, Freshman.

i guess we can add them to the "we let one slip away," we just didn't execute." group.

OU-HSV
10/5/2008, 03:13 PM
I wish Griffin hadn't said that. I think a lot of it is his age, so he certainly has some maturing to do.

It is funny he'd say that since we held him to 11 of 26 for 75 yds and wake allowed Griffin and his backup to throw a combined 15 of 30 and 156 yds.

Interesting

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 03:15 PM
It reminds me of CJ Wilson's talk a few years ago. That boy could talk some serious smack, but had very few on-field results.