PDA

View Full Version : texas and OU question...

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 06:15 PM
Are OU and Texas the 2 best teams in the country? I think so. No matter the turnout of the game next weekend I think they are the cream of the crop. Not a homer really, never thought this was the case in my lifetime. But this year it is true. Bammer is pretty good and a solid #3 but OU and Texas have it together and they are better (yes texas is better than Mizzou) than all the rest this year
Thoughts....?

tommieharris91
10/4/2008, 06:18 PM
Depends on how texass looks today.

JLEW1818
10/4/2008, 06:19 PM
Missouri is good, Tech is good.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:20 PM
Listen to th91...

He knows what he's talking abOUt.

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 06:25 PM
Missouri is good, Tech is good.

Tech and Mizzou are like all the other "good" teams this year. They are B+. I actually believe Boone St is better than either one of those teams.

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 06:26 PM
Texas will beat Mizzou by a couple of TD's and Sheep St will "upset" Texas and Mizzou. But drop the TortillaTech game.

JLEW1818
10/4/2008, 06:27 PM
Texas will lose in Lubbock

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 06:33 PM
Texas will lose in Lubbock

I'm not seeing it. I think Texas drops OU and Okie St this year. But is still one of the best teams in the country. I think OSU and TX would beat UGA, Fla, Tenn, Aub, and give LSU a game. JMHO.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:34 PM
I would lol @ the SEC if they dropped Bammer and LSU just because Bammer won by 3 against an unranked and LSU was inactive. That would make Texas and Mizz in line for No. 2 and No. 3, assuming they win on the road.

the_ouskull
10/4/2008, 08:01 PM
I'm not seeing it. I think Texas drops OU and Okie St this year. But is still one of the best teams in the country. I think OSU and TX would beat UGA, Fla, Tenn, Aub, and give LSU a game. JMHO.

You don't see Tejas losing in Lubbock, but you see them losing to Aggie Lite?

I did not see that coming. If anything, I saw the opposite coming.

The opposite, of course, being that I'd rather be blind than have to stare at Tejas in any capacity. A man can only handle so much Baby Sh*t Orange before he starts thinking his roadside crew clothes need to be washed.

the_ouskull

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 08:07 PM
I will say that I think Texas defense is better than is was supposed to be. Muschamp is doing good things there, so far. He's taken some youth in the secondary and they aren't playing so bad. OTOH, who have they played that can challenge them yet? Certainly Cody Hawkins is not capable, and is no Sam Bradford.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2008, 08:10 PM
I will say that I think Texas defense is better than is was supposed to be. Muschamp is doing good things there, so far. He's taken some youth in the secondary and they aren't playing so bad. OTOH, who have they played that can challenge them yet? Certainly Cody Hawkins is not capable, and is no Sam Bradford.

Texas has a good defensive line, but the *hitty offensive line for Colorado is making them look better than they are.

Texas has no running game.

proudsoonergal
10/4/2008, 08:48 PM
Texas has no running game.

Other than McCoy......although he doesn't have numbers against Colorado (so far) that he's had in other games this year.

Speaking of running games, it'd be nice if we could, you know, break a long one every once in awhile. Geez.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 10:39 PM
KC - you're right. CU has a terrible offensive line, which contributes to how good the Texas D looks. What's been impressive about Sam is that he picks apart every defense he's faced this season, and he's looked completely unflustered to do it.

While overall, I think UT's defense has more talent than Baylor's, I think we exploit the young UT secondary early and often. Watch out for Muckelroy and keep that SOB out of the backfield and we'll have a good day next Saturday in Big D. Put a spy on Colt and Ogbannaya - we win big.

Longhorn Penguin
10/4/2008, 11:41 PM
Are OU and Texas the 2 best teams in the country?

Texas will be number one. Mobliehoma is about to be exposed.

BOOK IT!

Charla
10/4/2008, 11:43 PM
I hope we beat Tx by 50 then they take it out on Misery the next week.

VA Sooner
10/4/2008, 11:47 PM
Colorado's offense is awful. No protection for Hawkins and that made the biggest difference as far as the game is concerned.

Texas was pretty good and a mobile quarterback could be a problem for us. This is something we need to work on this week before the big game in Dallas. Does anyone have Bob's direct number to give him a heads up?

Texas secondary played much better today... the defense in general swarmed to the ball and finished the play. Too often I saw the Colorado defense just stop and give up. And especially the protection by the special teams when their own player caught a punt or kickoff return... poor guy was working by himself.

Mizzou looks pretty polished. Hard to tell if this is because Nebraska sucks (gave up tons of yards and points to the #112 offense in the country the week before - Virginia Tech - who struggled against the Hilltoppers today). Mizzou's defense will be the difference and it all revolves around William Moore.

OU is looking good... I know that the intensity will be there when we play Texas. Bringing the A game is a must... need to avoid second half slowdowns like what we had today... but I have to say, it was great to get a good luck at a mobile QB up close before a bigger game (Texas, OSU, and hopefully... Mizzou in the Big 12 CG)