10/4/2008, 06:10 PM
You are a very good Team.

But not number 2.

Sincerely,

ST
spek

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 06:12 PM
Coffee had a billion yards rushing and NO POINTS. Something is rotten in the fridge on their offense.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:13 PM
Win the muthaf***in' games before punching the muthaf***in' BCS tickets!

and your coach is an azzhat.

Penguin
10/4/2008, 06:14 PM
Goodbye, bammer. Come back to the national spotlight when you have a good team.

HopeSpringsEternal
10/4/2008, 06:20 PM
Dear Stoop Troop, they've completely obliterated the ninth and third ranked teams in the nation. I suppose because OU's beat up on TCU you'll be screaming that their number 1 ranking is somehow more deserved than Bama's number 2?

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:23 PM
Dear Stoop Troop, they've completely obliterated the ninth and third ranked teams in the nation. I suppose because OU's beat up on TCU you'll be screaming that their number 1 ranking is somehow more deserved than Bama's number 2?

Nope...

You about choked to cantucky on yer home grass.

Try again.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:23 PM
Dear HopeSpringsEternal,

I suppose you've lost sight of the fact that we have not beaten any of our unranked opponents, conference or not, by a mere three points.

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 06:25 PM
Dear HopeSpringsEternal,

I suppose you've lost sight of the fact that we have not beaten any of our unranked opponents, conference or not, by a mere three points.

what he said........

Sabanball
10/4/2008, 06:25 PM
Agreed. I didn't think we deserved the ranking after the UGA game--I certainly do not now. It was obvious that our guys were not focused or disciplined at all today. I think we had something like 10 penalties, and we only average 4/game. Possibly looking ahead to the off-week, Im not sure. At any rate, we'll most assuredly drop in the polls, and we deserve to. Rest assured Saban will use this in practice over the next two weeks.

Good luck against Texas. Your exhibition season is now over....;)

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:26 PM
what she said........
Fixed.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:27 PM
Agreed. I didn't think we deserved the ranking after the UGA game--I certainly do not now. It was obvious that our guys were not focused or disciplined at all today. I think we had something like 10 penalties, and we only average 4/game. Possibly looking ahead to the off-week, Im not sure. At any rate, we'll most assuredly drop in the polls, and we deserve to.

Kudos for your humility. Take solace in the fact that no rankings matter until the ones before the bowl game in determining the title game.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:28 PM
Agreed. I didn't think we deserved the ranking after the UGA game--I certainly do not now. It was obvious that our guys were not focused or disciplined at all today. I think we had something like 10 penalties, and we only average 4/game. Possibly looking ahead to the off-week, Im not sure. At any rate, we'll most assuredly drop in the polls, and we deserve to.

Seriously...I was rooting for you guys...

But Kentucky came way to close.

Thanks I think for the good thOUghts against teh whorns...lol

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 06:28 PM
Kudos for your humility. Take solace in the fact that no rankings matter until the ones before the bowl game in determining the title game.

What she said. :D

badger
10/4/2008, 06:32 PM
what he said........

That is it! I have HAD it with these muthaf***ing snakes on this muthaf***ing board!

:D

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 06:34 PM
Let us not forget that Kentucky is in the SEC. Where they hit harder and run faster. ;)

badger
10/4/2008, 06:35 PM
Let us not forget that Kentucky is in the SEC. Where they hit harder and run faster. ;)

SEC: Where quarterbacks suck from being hit harder by faster running defenders.

StormySooner-IN
10/4/2008, 06:41 PM
That is it! I have HAD it with these muthaf***ing snakes on this muthaf***ing board!

:D
heh!

I always knew you were a girl.;)

You should consider adding "IM A GIRL!!1!" to your custom title or signature.:D

-kid;)

sooner94
10/4/2008, 06:45 PM

I think its because SEC players lift weights. We should start doing that in the Big 12.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:58 PM
It is uber lulz and stuff to see me confuse n00bs, so I would rather just leave subtle hints (i.e. six pack AD avatar, "doing my nails" location, sig with loving NormanPride, who definitely sounds more boyish than me) than just come out and say it.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 07:01 PM
I trimmed my nails with some craftsman diagonal cutters the other day.

badger
10/4/2008, 07:03 PM
I trimmed my nails with some craftsman diagonal cutters the other day.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3488/ewwmo9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/ewwmo9.jpg/1/w210.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img374/ewwmo9.jpg/1/)
You know, that's something that you attribute to an opposing coach on a different thread. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 07:06 PM
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3488/ewwmo9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/ewwmo9.jpg/1/w210.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img374/ewwmo9.jpg/1/)
You know, that's something that you attribute to an opposing coach on a different thread. :rolleyes:

Sorry...I couldn't afford the Snap-on ones. :D

cheezyq
10/4/2008, 07:44 PM
Dear Stoop Troop, they've completely obliterated the two most overrated teams in the nation. They've also struggled at home versus Tulane and Kentucky. No one has even come close to beating OU.

fixed.

Sabanball
10/4/2008, 11:02 PM
Hopefully we can regroup during the offweek. Not to take anything away from a pretty decent Kentucky team, but we sucked big time today, however I still think we showed what we are capable of last week in Athens--and we are 6-0. And I will take it. You guys know as well as anyone that it's hard to maintain a high level of intensity after a big game--we showed that today. I don't think we're worthy of the no. 2 ranking, but I think we deserve top 10. My guess is we'll drop to 5th or 6th.

I think you all will beat Texas, but they will put up a fight. You guys have not really played anyone yet, that will change saturday. Slingin' Sam had a field day last year against the longhorns and was the game where I became a Sam Bradford fan, it will be interesting to watch how they gameplan you guys for this game. Will Muschamp is an ingenius D-coordinator.

Good luck in the RRS...

sooneron
10/4/2008, 11:15 PM
I've never heard of a team looking ahead to an off week

Sabanball
10/4/2008, 11:18 PM
I've never heard of a team looking ahead to an off week

I think our team was today....more time to spend with the girlfriend and away from practice...it's really nothing more than that for most guys that age

freshchris05
10/4/2008, 11:25 PM
heh

Charla
10/4/2008, 11:33 PM
It is uber lulz and stuff to see me confuse n00bs, so I would rather just leave subtle hints (i.e. six pack AD avatar, "doing my nails" location, sig with loving NormanPride, who definitely sounds more boyish than me) than just come out and say it.

Are you drinking again ?

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2008, 11:36 PM
Are you drinking again ?

I'm not, and I should be :(

Tidefan36854
10/4/2008, 11:49 PM

But not number 2.

Sincerely,

ST

Fair enough. We didn't play well today, and had a tough game. OTTH, Kentucky easily beats anybody you have played so far, and Georgia destroys them. When Oklahoma plays a team with a real defense, and puts up the kind numbers you have so far, I'll gladly come back here and give you all the credit the world. Until then, I wonder how good your team is as well...

P.S. We love our azzhat coach!;)

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2008, 11:56 PM
Agreed. I didn't think we deserved the ranking after the UGA game--I certainly do not now. It was obvious that our guys were not focused or disciplined at all today. I think we had something like 10 penalties, and we only average 4/game. Possibly looking ahead to the off-week, Im not sure. At any rate, we'll most assuredly drop in the polls, and we deserve to. Rest assured Saban will use this in practice over the next two weeks.

In the old, pre-BCS days I guarantee UT would be moved to #2 in the polls after a weekend like this one (at least in the AP poll). The media would never want to miss a #1 vs #2 game even if they had to stretch it a bit. I don't expect much shuffling in the top 10 this week. LSU was idle and there is no way anyone jumps Mizzou. Bama either stays put or they have to drop down all the way to 5.

Sooner Eclipse
10/5/2008, 12:00 AM
Fair enough. We didn't play well today, and had a tough game. OTTH, Kentucky easily beats anybody you have played so far, and Georgia destroys them. When Oklahoma plays a team with a real defense, and puts up the kind numbers you have so far, I'll gladly come back here and give you all the credit the world. Until then, I wonder how good your team is as well...

P.S. We love our azzhat coach!;)

Ok, well..... cantucky wouldn't come close to TCU or Cincy before we broke their QB. This is more of the SEC incestrious "well they played us so tough cause they're an SEC team" bull****.

On the second point, I like Bama, but your coach is a carpetbagger in the truest sense of the post civil war south. He'll get bored and leave and you'll hate him like you hate franphony.

:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 12:02 AM
Ok, well..... cantucky wouldn't come close to TCU or Cincy before we broke their QB. This is more of the SEC incestrious "well they played us so tough cause they're an SEC team" bull****.

On the second point, I like Bama, but your coach is a carpetbagger in the truest sense of the post civil war south. He'll get board and leave and you'll hate him like you hate franphony.

Damn it, Cantucky would be a national power if they didn't stay beaten down from playing in the grueling SEC! :rolleyes:

Tidefan36854
10/5/2008, 12:26 AM

On the second point, I like Bama, but your coach is a carpetbagger in the truest sense of the post civil war south. He'll get bored and leave and you'll hate him like you hate franphony.

Kentucky's defense had gave up 2 touchdowns in 4 games before today and beat Louisville 27-2. I don't believe Cincy nor TCU would have come close. They are not a world beater, but aren't as bad as they used to be. They have won 8 games in the last two seasons, and won 2 consecutive bowls. If fact, they been a lot better than we have been up to this year. Most of our fans thought this was going to tough game, but most thought it would we would have played better.

I like Oklahoma also and have always thought your fanbase to be classy and similiar to ours in terms of tradition, etc. This is the reason I have been a member here since 2004, but since Alabama has been ranked #2, a lot of guys on this board have seemed to go out of their way to bash us. Considering the last 5 or seasons we've had, we're very happy to be where we are. #1, #2 or #5 means nothing right now anyway. There's still a lot of football to be played, we still have a lot of tough games ahead, even if we do play in the pathetic, overrated SEC.:P ;)

And you're right. Nick Saban's track record has shown him to move around a lot. He's older and maybe he'll stay put and retire here - maybe he won't. If he does stay only 4 or 5 years though, I just hope he leaves the cupboard bare like he did at LSU.

Sooner Eclipse
10/5/2008, 12:48 AM
Kentucky's defense had gave up 2 touchdowns in 4 games before today and beat Louisville 27-2. I don't believe Cincy nor TCU would have come close. They are not a world beater, but aren't as bad as they used to be. They have won 8 games in the last two seasons, and won 2 consecutive bowls. If fact, they been a lot better than we have been up to this year. Most of our fans thought this was going to tough game, but most thought it would we would have played better.

I like Oklahoma also and have always thought your fanbase to be classy and similiar to ours in terms of tradition, etc. This is the reason I have been a member here since 2004, but since Alabama has been ranked #2, a lot of guys on this board have seemed to go out of their way to bash us. Considering the last 5 or seasons we've had, we're very happy to be where we are. #1, #2 or #5 means nothing right now anyway. There's still a lot of football to be played, we still have a lot of tough games ahead, even if we do play in the pathetic, overrated SEC.:P ;)

And you're right. Nick Saban's track record has shown him to move around a lot. He's older and maybe he'll stay put and retire here - maybe he won't. If he does stay only 4 or 5 years though, I just hope he leaves the cupboard bare like he did at LSU.

UK has a decent defense, but I watched the game. The offense is woeful compared to UK of the last 2 years. And bama played down to their opponent. TCU and Cincy both have defenses that are as good or better depending on position. And their offenses were better at the time we played them. (before QB breaks) Both were or are sniffing around the top 25.

The reason you guys get some trash around here is the SEC homerism crap and the NC Special Ed counting thing. As far as the NC thing goes, most guys are doing it just to rub your fur the wrong way. Dont take it personally. As far as the SEC homer thing, after 3 conf games Vandy is currently leading the SEC east. Nuff said.

misplaced_sooner
10/5/2008, 03:46 AM

You seriously aren't bringing up Clemson are yOU? That preseason poser that was ranked 9th has now lost two games, one of which is to freakin Maryland...

JLEW1818
10/5/2008, 03:47 AM
I'm ready to ****ing kill a longhorn

BudSooner
10/5/2008, 06:41 AM
You seriously aren't bringing up Clemson are yOU? That preseason poser that was ranked 9th has now lost two games, one of which is to freakin Maryland...

Don't forget about powerhouse Auburn. :D

AlbqSooner
10/5/2008, 07:22 AM
You guys know as well as anyone that it's hard to maintain a high level of intensity after a big game--
Good luck in the RRS...

See Red October, 2000. :D

Okla-homey
10/5/2008, 07:39 AM
I think our team was today....more time to spend with the babymama and away from practice...it's really nothing more than that for most guys that age

fixed.;)

OU-HSV
10/5/2008, 08:21 AM
Here's my thoughts.
I don't know why some of you Bama fans come on the Soonerfans forum and try to make yourselves feel better by saying "Kentucky is better than anyone OU has played" or "OU hasn't played anybody yet that's worth a crap.
Before losing to you all Kentucky had was wins over Norfolk State, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, and as one of you mentioned..their best win was probably Louisville. Although Louisville doesn't seem to be the offensive stud team they typically are.

Cinci who to my knowledge is still playing w/their backup QB...well they've managed a 4-1 record, with their only loss being OU. Their wins have been just as impressive or more impressive than Kentucky's wins.

TCU is carrying a 5-1 record right now with wins maybe almost as good as Kentucky's wins. They too have achieved most of those wins under a backup QB. But no matter what, TCU has a great run D...and now it is certainly one that is better than Kentucky's.

There's nothing I can really say about Washington, Chattanooga or Baylor to make them look like glamorous teams right now. The only thing those teams have going for them is Washington has a threat at QB and Baylor has a young threat at QB.

To me all signs tend to point to TCU and Cinci > Kentucky. And let's say perhaps TCU, Cinci, and Kentucky are on the same level. To this point OU hasn't let up on anyone. We haven't shown signs of failure, therefore we still deserve the #1 spot....Alabama has left the doubt out there now after struggling for 3 quarters with Kentucky. That's 3 Qtrs without a TD in a close game with someone that is either on or at the same level of two of OU's opponents who we demolished. That says a lot to me right there.

Bottom line is that (putting our dislike for Saban aside), most of us Soonerfans have a respect for Alabama much like the respect some of you Bama posters have mentioned that you hold for OUr program. And we are tired of (what we see as) the SEC bias bullcrap that comes from the media. It's time for people to realize that Georgia isn't a top contender, Clemson (of the ACC) isn't a top contender, Auburn, and so on and so forth.
It's also time for people to realize that the Big 12 is showing they are currently just as good a conference as the SEC if not better this year. And currently all signs point to the Big 12 being better than the SEC. We can play the "well we beat up on eachother" bullcrap too that some SEC fans like to say. I mean OU and KU play, OU and texass play, OU and osu play, OU and tex tech play, Texas and Missouri play, and so on (I think you get the point here).

To me I'll still say I think Bama is a legit top 5 team. And IMO Bama would deserve to be ranked #2 just as much or more than LSU would deserve such ranking.
But I am to the point that I think my top 3 would honestly have to be like this:
#1 OU
#2 Mizzou
#3 texass
#4 Bama
#5 LSU
with tex tech close behind at #6

All this will of course change soon as some of these teams play eachother very soon.

StoopTroup
10/5/2008, 08:52 AM
Kentucky should be number 3 then...lol ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 08:55 AM
Dear Alabama,

please go undefeated so we can play YOU in the NCG.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/5/2008, 09:03 AM
Damn it, Cantucky would be a national power if they didn't stay beaten down from playing in the grueling SEC! :rolleyes:

Wait, I spent the whole day in Stillwater yesterday.

The proper response is "DeMarco Murray would be third (pushing fourth) string at Bama, Kentucky, OR Georgia"

boomermagic
10/5/2008, 09:28 AM
I like Bama and i think it is somewhat expected to have an off day after playing a huge game the week before.. This thread was only started to run them down and that is wrong.. Bama is a very good team and so are we.. We are good but do we deserve our # 1 ranking ? I'm not sure.. I don't like Saban either but if he were coaching at OU I would be all for him as the Bama fans are now.. Listen, We don't need to start threads like this we are OU and should be above that stuff.. We have a lot of football to play and don't really know how good we are at this point.. Bama is an improved team and should be proud.. Let's show some class....

Boomer Sooner and

Roll Tide

OU-HSV
10/5/2008, 09:36 AM
I like Bama and i think it is somewhat expected to have an off day after playing a huge game the week before.. This thread was only started to run them down and that is wrong.. Bama is a very good team and so are we.. We are good but do we deserve our # 1 ranking ? I'm not sure.. I don't like Saban either but if he were coaching at OU I would be all for him as the Bama fans are now.. Listen, We don't need to start threads like this we are OU and should be above that stuff.. We have a lot of football to play and don't really know how good we are at this point.. Bama is an improved team and should be proud.. Let's show some class....

Boomer Sooner and

Roll Tide

Doesn't seem like a disrespectful thread to me. The starter of this thread simply said "You are a very good team, but not #2".
So what, the threadstarter used a little humor with the "Dear Alabama" part. Big deal, lighten up.

Besides if you read through our posts and the Bama posters posts in this thread, you'll see both sides have mentioned the respect we hold for eachother's programs.

cheezyq
10/5/2008, 09:47 AM
....but since Alabama has been ranked #2, a lot of guys on this board have seemed to go out of their way to bash us....

We don't necessarily hate bammer. We don't like your coach, and we don't like being inundated with coverage on the AWESOMEST conference in the history of college or professional football.

The SEC as a whole plays a bunch of wusses at home in the non-con, and because they all go undefeated or 1-loss into their conferences, they whine that they have to play in the toughest conference in the universe. It's just odd to me that if the teams in the SEC are so freaking awesome, why don't they just prove it by beating the hades out of REAL teams? Quit whining about how tough your conference is and just play football.

And the other anomaly that annoys us is the inbred SEC fans that are just that - SEC fans - not fans of their own team. You won't ever hear a "Big 12" chant out of any Big 12 teams. And you certainly won't hear us chant "overrated" just because a team is a member of another conference...and then LOSE to a team ranked lower than us.

Sack up and shut up...that's what I say to you whining SEC teams.

badger
10/5/2008, 09:50 AM
Bammer's fun - they're the only SEC team that "gets it" that you need to act like you've been there before and treat other fans with respect.

Sure we have our disagreements... mostly championship-related, but you're still cool.

Lott's Bandana
10/5/2008, 10:00 AM
The game yesterday worked out perfect for this Crimson fanbase. You didn't lose but you didn't "wow". That shuts up all the flavoroftheweek media homers and shifts them all to Misery (it's already happened). If you had lost, at home, to Kentucky...my, my, the SUC is back party would have shifted into full thermonuclear detonation. As it is now, there are still plenty of rumblings...

I want everyone else in the top 8, not associated with the BigXII, to win every week. Perfect for us.

Bama fans: We win out, you win out, we play. Simple enough....go do it.

boomermagic
10/5/2008, 10:18 AM
Doesn't seem like a disrespectful thread to me. The starter of this thread simply said "You are a very good team, but not #2".
So what, the threadstarter used a little humor with the "Dear Alabama" part. Big deal, lighten up.

Besides if you read through our posts and the Bama posters posts in this thread, you'll see both sides have mentioned the respect we hold for eachother's programs.

Well, It is not a big deal I just don't understand why the thread was started to begin with thats all.. You can bet if a Bama fan started a thread saying Hey Sooners .. You don't deserve to be number 1 and I hate your coach we would be upset and so WHY Do That ?

Indy Sooner
10/5/2008, 11:18 AM

And they're not: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/coaches

I guess they are #2... in the SEC.

badger
10/5/2008, 11:19 AM
Dear Bammer,

You're now No. 4.
(http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm)
How lame ;)

I'll let someone else get the ego boost by starting a new pole thread :D

badger
10/5/2008, 11:21 AM
lol @ who got the ego boost :D:D:D

PLaw
10/5/2008, 06:00 PM

Not to be contentious, but rankings in September are fairly meaningless. Once October rolls around, the pretenders have been exposed and the players rise to the top.

It really doesn't matter if we're No. 1 or No. 5 right now. As long, as we take care of business week to week, win the Big 12, and finish either 1 or 2 in the final BCS poll.

BOOMER

Sabanball
10/5/2008, 06:08 PM

But not number 2.

Sincerely,

ST

Not according to the AP.;)

badger
10/5/2008, 06:11 PM
Not according to the AP.;)

A poll that doesn't count for anything anymore says WHAT??!?!?!

;)

Sabanball
10/5/2008, 06:15 PM
A poll that doesn't count for anything anymore says WHAT??!?!?!

;)

We can split that hair even farther--NONE of the polls mean anything now, if you want to be technical about it. They're basically beauty contests for offenses if you ask me.

The only polls that really mean anything are the BCS ones that come out in Nov/Dec.

badger
10/5/2008, 06:18 PM
We can split that hair even farther--NONE of our champions mean anything to anyone besides us, if you want to be technical about it.

I keed because I love ya :)

Sabanball
10/5/2008, 06:20 PM

I highly doubt that. If he does, he will be walking away from a boatload of money--he is guaranteed a $32mil payout over 8yrs.

badger
10/5/2008, 06:42 PM
I highly doubt that. If he does, he will be walking away from a boatload of money--he is guaranteed a $32mil payout over 8yrs.

He has a point - as the root of all evil, Satan must really love his money.

;) winky winky, just kidding!

Tidefan36854
10/5/2008, 07:21 PM
Here's my thoughts.
I don't know why some of you Bama fans come on the Soonerfans forum and try to make yourselves feel better by saying "Kentucky is better than anyone OU has played" or "OU hasn't played anybody yet that's worth a crap.
Before losing to you all Kentucky had was wins over Norfolk State, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, and as one of you mentioned..their best win was probably Louisville. Although Louisville doesn't seem to be the offensive stud team they typically are.

Cinci who to my knowledge is still playing w/their backup QB...well they've managed a 4-1 record, with their only loss being OU. Their wins have been just as impressive or more impressive than Kentucky's wins.

TCU is carrying a 5-1 record right now with wins maybe almost as good as Kentucky's wins. They too have achieved most of those wins under a backup QB. But no matter what, TCU has a great run D...and now it is certainly one that is better than Kentucky's.

There's nothing I can really say about Washington, Chattanooga or Baylor to make them look like glamorous teams right now. The only thing those teams have going for them is Washington has a threat at QB and Baylor has a young threat at QB.

To me all signs tend to point to TCU and Cinci > Kentucky. And let's say perhaps TCU, Cinci, and Kentucky are on the same level. To this point OU hasn't let up on anyone. We haven't shown signs of failure, therefore we still deserve the #1 spot....Alabama has left the doubt out there now after struggling for 3 quarters with Kentucky. That's 3 Qtrs without a TD in a close game with someone that is either on or at the same level of two of OU's opponents who we demolished. That says a lot to me right there.

Bottom line is that (putting our dislike for Saban aside), most of us Soonerfans have a respect for Alabama much like the respect some of you Bama posters have mentioned that you hold for OUr program. And we are tired of (what we see as) the SEC bias bullcrap that comes from the media. It's time for people to realize that Georgia isn't a top contender, Clemson (of the ACC) isn't a top contender, Auburn, and so on and so forth.
It's also time for people to realize that the Big 12 is showing they are currently just as good a conference as the SEC if not better this year. And currently all signs point to the Big 12 being better than the SEC. We can play the "well we beat up on eachother" bullcrap too that some SEC fans like to say. I mean OU and KU play, OU and texass play, OU and osu play, OU and tex tech play, Texas and Missouri play, and so on (I think you get the point here).

To me I'll still say I think Bama is a legit top 5 team. And IMO Bama would deserve to be ranked #2 just as much or more than LSU would deserve such ranking.
But I am to the point that I think my top 3 would honestly have to be like this:
#1 OU
#2 Mizzou
#3 texass
#4 Bama
#5 LSU
with tex tech close behind at #6

All this will of course change soon as some of these teams play eachother very soon.

This post and several posts are very good, and bring up some good points. The best Big 12 teams and the best SEC teams all have to play, so in several weeks, everyone will have better idea of who's who. I truly would love for it to work to Bama - OU National Championship game. It would a hot ticket with 2 of the best programs in the history of CFB involved.

badger
10/5/2008, 07:30 PM
Let's give Notre Dame the ol' heave ho and declare OU and Bammer the best programs in the history of CFB :D

OU-HSV
10/5/2008, 07:38 PM
This post and several posts are very good, and bring up some good points. The best Big 12 teams and the best SEC teams all have to play, so in several weeks, everyone will have better idea of who's who. I truly would love for it to work to Bama - OU National Championship game. It would a hot ticket with 2 of the best programs in the history of CFB involved.

Thanks.
And I agree it would be a big game with great tradition matching up.

Sabanball
10/5/2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks.
And I agree it would be a big game with great tradition matching up.

Ditto that.