PDA

View Full Version : Could Michigan be any worse?

IronSooner
10/4/2008, 05:48 PM
Illinois is just owning them now. It amazes me: Rich Rodriguez left WVU, went to Michigan, and made both teams worse.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 05:51 PM
The USGS is reporting seismic activity in SE Michigan. Must be Bo spinning in his grave.

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 05:52 PM
Illinois is just owning them now. It amazes me: Rich Rodriguez left WVU, went to Michigan, and made both teams worse.

From all the stuff I've read on Rodriguez, it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

kevpks
10/4/2008, 05:57 PM
Rich Rod is too enamored with his system. You have to work with what you have. Those players can't run that offense.

IronSooner
10/4/2008, 06:02 PM
Rich Rod is too enamored with his system. You have to work with what you have. Those players can't run that offense.

Nope. Right now I'm wondering if they can run any offense.

Most recently they rough the punter and UIUC gets the ball back after having punted it. Ha.

SoonerDood
10/4/2008, 06:28 PM
I don't think Dick Rod will have very much success at Meeechigan. They've never recruited the type of athlete his system needs, and the athletes his system needs do not want to go to Michigan.

Scott D
10/4/2008, 07:59 PM
McGuffie has been putting up good numbers, he fits that system. They've got a qb as a verbal commit for 2009, that fits his system.

And yes, they could be worse, they could have lost to Wisconsin and Miami-Ohio.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 08:16 PM
I think you've got it right. He's already managed to get a highly recruited QB to transfer, and he's implementing a system that won't have a chance to be successful for a couple of years. Will the UM faithful be patient enough to let him build the team his way? Will his system be successful in the Big 10?

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 08:18 PM
I think you've got it right. He's already managed to get a highly recruited QB in Ryan Mallett to transfer, and he's implementing a system that won't have a chance to be successful for a couple of years. Will the UM faithful be patient enough to let him build the team his way? Will his system be successful in the Big 10?

proudsoonergal
10/4/2008, 08:51 PM
Yes. Michigan could be North Texas.

:D

misplaced_sooner
10/5/2008, 03:52 AM
Lloyd Carr isn't looking so bad now is he?

Scott D
10/5/2008, 09:07 AM
I think you've got it right. He's already managed to get a highly recruited QB in Ryan Mallett to transfer, and he's implementing a system that won't have a chance to be successful for a couple of years. Will the UM faithful be patient enough to let him build the team his way? Will his system be successful in the Big 10?

Mallett won't save Arkansas anymore than he would have Michigan. The couple of years thing might be a stretch. I wouldn't be surprised if Shadrovick Beaver or Tate Forcier is the starter at QB next year. As for his system, just look at Illinois, and you can see that it'll be successful in the Big 10.

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2008, 10:12 AM
who cares, it's the Big 10; come on people. :)

stoopified
10/5/2008, 10:49 AM
Yes,Check out Nebraska and aTm.