PDA

View Full Version : Why does ABC suck donkey balls?

auto
10/4/2008, 04:55 PM
My God, can't they broadcast a game in HD? Even Fox Sucks, uhh Sports broadcasts in HD. I am going to be 10 timese kind of irate if OU-TX is not in HD next week. :mad: Did I mention ABC sucks?:D

okiewaker
10/4/2008, 05:03 PM
CH 722HD was great. By the way, Fox has the best HD IMO

IronSooner
10/4/2008, 05:08 PM
Fox also has the worst coverage, bar none. Who needs to see a kickoff or run play when you could be looking at the crowd or some guy's profile.

Newbomb Turk
10/4/2008, 05:11 PM
Fox also has the worst coverage, bar none. Who needs to see a kickoff or run play when you could be looking at the crowd or some guy's profile.

no doubt.

damn - I was getting sick of that.

okiewaker
10/4/2008, 05:13 PM

Yep.

StormySooner-IN
10/4/2008, 05:15 PM
spek

soonerx7
10/4/2008, 05:32 PM
In the year of the no huddle, there is barely enough time to see a replay if at all, much less watch Griffin III run hurdles between plays.
A [advertizers] B [best] C [channel]. abc.

CORNholio
10/4/2008, 05:56 PM
Oklahoma's no huddle== a big F U to corporate advertisement. Makes me happy.

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 06:00 PM

I'll still take them and HD over ABC and no HD.

2k2 c5
10/4/2008, 08:08 PM
Because they see things as they wish they were rather than the way they are?

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 08:10 PM
Maybe it's because they don't need a stool to stand on with a donkey?

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 08:11 PM
because they are salty and go great with horse pissss.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 08:59 PM
Oklahoma's no huddle== a big F U to corporate advertisement. Makes me happy.
The "No Huddle" offenses came about because of the networks desire to have the games packaged in neat little 3 hour windows like the NFL. So in effect, the networks did it to themselves.

I'll still take them and HD over ABC and no HD.
...and FSN doesn't switch to "more competitive" games during the broadcast.

GottaHavePride
10/4/2008, 09:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the no-huddle offense is an attempt to win football games.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 09:24 PM
It also came about because of new clock rules that the networks have been pushing for awhile now. A couple of years ago it was cutting 10-20 offensive plays out of a game, the new clock rules this season has increased the use of the "no huddle" offense to get some of those lost plays back. The networks were tired of Texas Tech type games taking 4-5 hours. If the networks want the games shorter, then get rid of some of the commercials instead of plays, at least they do do like the NFL and have a commercial between the score and kickoff and another break right after the kickoff. I could care less how long a game takes.

mdklatt
10/4/2008, 09:35 PM
WTF is Kim Kardashian and why should I care?

TIME TO CUT TO THE OSU-UW GAME. :mad:

mdklatt
10/4/2008, 09:40 PM
TIME TO CUT TO THE OSU-UW GAME. :mad:

Praise Stoops, they're gonna do it.

MissouriSooner
10/4/2008, 09:57 PM
...and FSN doesn't switch to "more competitive" games during the broadcast.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not yet this year - so far - but they've done it in the past when broadcasting a Sooner game. And, the actual game is merely a distraction to what all else Fox is broadcasting during a game. FSN misses more plays because of their between-the-play BS than all other networks combined. FSN is the only network that hasn't adjusted its coverage to the no-huddle offenses that about 80% of the teams now run. Truly abysmal coverage.

mdklatt
10/4/2008, 10:10 PM
Tresselball, pulling wins out of their *** since 2002. :mad:

RedstickSooner
Er, how would no-huddle affect ads? They don't run ads between plays, unless there's a TV timeout, or some other "hard" break. Even with a regular huddle, that's too narrow a window to squeeze a commercial in safely.

Paperclip
While we're complaining about tv stuff, why do the highlights of the games on the local news have to feature shots so zoomed in you can't even tell what's going on?

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 10:16 PM
It affects their in-game promos and stuff more than it affects the actual "ad" time. It is more like the production seems balky because they can't get their graphics and talking points in.

I still prefer FSN even though they have some stupid crap, they don't move to a completely different game that you can't get.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 10:18 PM
While we're complaining about tv stuff, why do the highlights of the games on the local news have to feature shots so zoomed in you can't even tell what's going on?
Local cameras on the field? That is what I usually see for the high school and Whorn highlights. If they shoot their own they don;t have to get permission from the broadcaster.