PDA

View Full Version : Bradford having a bad day?

boomrsoonr
10/4/2008, 02:49 PM
As good as Sam looks, think he's having an off day? A lot of his throws have been off the mark, and behind receivers. And with the early non-interception they had at their goal line, and then Sam not seeing the guy that batted it back to him, he just looks like he's having an off day.

And if he is, I'll take that any day of the week!

Boomer.....
10/4/2008, 02:53 PM
I think he played fine. Every QB will have some bad throws.

23 of 31 for 372 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT.

Ground_Attack
10/4/2008, 02:54 PM
I think he looked fine. the one INT was garbage and it was a little windy today. I'll take a 370+ yard 2 TD 1 INT game on an "off day"

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2008, 02:59 PM
I think he looked better today than last week

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 03:02 PM
Find something else to bitch about.:rolleyes:

boomrsoonr
10/4/2008, 03:11 PM

Don't be an idiot. Nobody is bitching. Man, it's getting pretty sad when a realistic observation is made, and the homers come out of the woodwork. Some of you should join the SEC.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 03:13 PM
Trent said before the game it was pretty windy and it was a swirling type in the stadium.

boomrsoonr
10/4/2008, 03:15 PM
Trent said before the game it was pretty windy and it was a swirling type in the stadium.

Yeah, I'm at work. I only got to catch glimpses of the game.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:17 PM
He missed a few throws that surprised me, but still what's not to like?

...and the int. he threw hit the ground. I thought the one replay showed it pretty clearly.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2008, 03:20 PM
I think he was talking about the one where they called a strange PI call on BU and OU got the ball back

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:22 PM
I think he was talking about the one where they called a strange PI call on BU and OU got the ball back

Sam never saw that guy, we caught a break.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2008, 03:23 PM
I really think the wind had an effect. In fact I was very impressed with his longer throws as he had to really compensate. His shorter curl route type throws had a lot of zip today and a couple of guys dropped them because of it. The pick at the goal line was his worse play of the day. Bad decision and bad throw. Overall, an excellent day for Sam.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 03:23 PM
As good as Sam looks, think he's having an off day? A lot of his throws have been off the mark, and behind receivers. And with the early non-interception they had at their goal line, and then Sam not seeing the guy that batted it back to him, he just looks like he's having an off day.

And if he is, I'll take that any day of the week!

He's pretty on the mark as any Sophomore I see playing Div-IAA IMO.

I think what you might be seeing is that he has so many freaking guys to throw to and he's adjusting as quick as he can to how each receiver runs routes.

Our Offense is amazing right now.

No stalls like we saw last year at this time.

Widescreen
10/4/2008, 03:26 PM
Sam was great. I saw nothing to worry about.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:28 PM
Sam is just so accurate when he does miss a few throws it's a story. We're getting very spoiled by him.

oumartin
10/4/2008, 03:30 PM
I don't think baggin' on a poster with 15k posts is all that smart either . Flag knows his stuff.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think baggin' on a poster with 15k posts is all that smart either . Flag knows his stuff.

Agreed, Flag is a legend around these parts.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 03:34 PM
I think BoomrSoonr probably needs to take a good crap.

He'll be fine.

I get crabby too sometimes. :D ;)

stoopified
10/4/2008, 03:34 PM
Find something else to bitch about.:rolleyes:Exactly

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 03:35 PM
Joining the SEC is such a Lester thing to do...:les:

SCOUT
10/4/2008, 03:35 PM
I have a stats question. Is there anywhere that breaks down statistics by quarter? I ask because it has always bothered me that statistics are just thrown up for the whole came with no context. I remember Jason White had 45 TD's but he didn't play at all in something like 9 quarters that year. That is two full games he could have used to pad his stats. Bradford's numbers are gawdy already, but I would love to see a comparison with the other elite quarter backs when bench time in blowouts is factored in.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 03:50 PM
Don't be an idiot. Nobody is bitching.
You are lucky that I am in a good mood. Otherwise me and my boys would be sending you to Bolivia.:D

CK Sooner
10/4/2008, 03:52 PM
Don't be an idiot. Nobody is bitching. Man, it's getting pretty sad when a realistic observation is made, and the homers come out of the woodwork. Some of you should join the SEC.

:eek:

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 03:59 PM
I have a stats question. Is there anywhere that breaks down statistics by quarter? I ask because it has always bothered me that statistics are just thrown up for the whole came with no context. I remember Jason White had 45 TD's but he didn't play at all in something like 9 quarters that year. That is two full games he could have used to pad his stats. Bradford's numbers are gawdy already, but I would love to see a comparison with the other elite quarter backs when bench time in blowouts is factored in.Not what you asked for, but pretty good stuff.http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=200810040079

Big D Sooner
10/4/2008, 04:02 PM
I thought Bradford played well today. He threw the ball with velocity and accuracy when he needed to, he threw the ball well on the run, and he made some nice intermediate length passes. I'm not really sure what you have to complain about. He had a bad interception when he got fooled by the linebacker and an interception that should have been a huge gain. He did have a couple of balls that were behind his recievers but I think that may have been partially because he was throwing into the window of the zone defence. If you are a little late or the WR doesn't sit in the window like he is supposed to, it makes the throw look off target.

Big D Sooner
10/4/2008, 04:03 PM
All in all, as college QBs go, he is really incredible. He is one of the, if not the, most accurate passer in college football. Every throw can't be perfect though.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2008, 04:05 PM
Sam is just so accurate when he does miss a few throws it's a story. We're getting very spoiled by him.

Amen

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2008, 04:06 PM
All in all, as college QBs go, he is really incredible. He is one of the, if not the, most accurate passer in college football. Every throw can't be perfect though.

Amen x 2:D

Newbomb Turk
10/4/2008, 04:10 PM

Don't be an idiot.

I've always thought Flag was an idiot.

I'm glad someone finally has the balls to call him out.

:D

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 04:30 PM
I've always thought Flag was an idiot.

I'm glad someone finally has the balls to call him out.

:DMay Chase Daniels have a shark-like feeding fest in your nostrils.:D

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 04:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I must have watched the wrong football game becuz he looked pretty damned good to me. Even the INT he threw should have been caught by Iglesias. That throw was puuuuurfect.

Newbomb Turk
10/4/2008, 04:33 PM
the int's are a wash - the one called back by a penalty was all him.

but I thought he played a pretty darn good game.

OUinFLA
10/4/2008, 04:34 PM
Flag is such a nOOb

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 04:35 PM
Flag is such a bOOb

No doubt. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 04:50 PM
Flag is such a nOObDat's me 8 year n00b. Like you as an 8 year frosh at UNIVinFla.;)

mfosterftw
10/4/2008, 05:22 PM
I have a stats question. Is there anywhere that breaks down statistics by quarter? I ask because it has always bothered me that statistics are just thrown up for the whole came with no context. I remember Jason White had 45 TD's but he didn't play at all in something like 9 quarters that year. That is two full games he could have used to pad his stats. Bradford's numbers are gawdy already, but I would love to see a comparison with the other elite quarter backs when bench time in blowouts is factored in.

I was thinking about this as well. I think the best way to measure the QB efficiency might be to look at their stats as a percentage of all snaps taken by the QB. That way, if the QB is putting up 350 yards on 25-36 with 3 TD, but is taking only 65% of the snaps (leaving after 1 or 2 series in the 2nd half), their normalized numbers become 38-55 for 538 yards and 4.6 TDs.

JLEW1818
10/4/2008, 05:46 PM
Can't really worry about it, we are starting to sound like Vince Young.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 05:56 PM
Can't really worry about it, we are starting to sound like Vince Young.I don't think so.

I dont know any suicidal morons around here.

Just us jackasses.

Johnny Utah
10/4/2008, 06:15 PM
If today was a bad/off day for Bradford I'll take it. Baylor might not be the greatest team but IMHO they didn't seem to lay down on D at any point during the game either.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/4/2008, 06:22 PM
You guys are all stupid. It was all Venables' fault.

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 06:46 PM

I blame Chuck Long.

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 02:23 AM

Call my Friend an Idiot earns ya a Neg
jes sayin ;)

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 02:32 AM
Flag is such a nOOb

One of these days he will grow Up :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 02:34 AM

Dis isvereeryverery tru .:eek:

boomrsoonr
10/5/2008, 08:19 PM

15k posts doesn't mean he knows his stuff. It just means he has no life. :rolleyes:

Look, I wasn't trying to start a flame war here. The bits and pieces I got to see, he was off on his throws. Like I said, IF it was an off-day, I'll gladly take that. It was a compliment.

But, since some of you can't read (there were a few that saw what I meant), you have to show your mentality.

And thanks for the neg spek. I was getting too cocky with all that green stuff.

soonerhubs
10/5/2008, 08:49 PM
15k posts doesn't mean he knows his stuff. It just means he has no life. :rolleyes:

Look, I wasn't trying to start a flame war here. The bits and pieces I got to see, he was off on his throws. Like I said, IF it was an off-day, I'll gladly take that. It was a compliment.

But, since some of you can't read (there were a few that saw what I meant), you have to show your mentality.

And thanks for the neg spek. I was getting too cocky with all that green stuff.

You need to be nice.

tommieharris91
10/5/2008, 09:14 PM
I blame Chuck Long.

That takes logic and reason. No one that posts on message boards knows what those are.

Payton
10/6/2008, 12:52 AM
It does seem he's been a little off the last 2 weeks. Even against TCU there were a couple throws that weren't his usual. Also on the interception that he threw, he should have led Iglesias a little bit more. I know it was into the wind but he had a couple steps on him. We'll see how he plays this week.

Widescreen
10/6/2008, 09:51 AM
This cracks me up. The guy is completing 75% of his passes (including the game Saturday) and people are talking about floating passes. There's nothing to worry about, people. That kind of completion percentage used to only be possible in video games. Sheesh.