PDA

View Full Version : Demarco

CatfishSooner
10/4/2008, 01:40 PM
Does DM look kinda slow this game to anyone else?

boomrsoonr
10/4/2008, 01:42 PM
IMHO, our backs spend too much time dancing around when they should be running North and South.

CatfishSooner
10/4/2008, 01:46 PM
Brown looks better IMHO.....DM just doesn't have the same explosiveness

soonervet
10/4/2008, 01:49 PM
I am disappointed that we havent seen any explosive plays from murray this season against subpar competition. I know the coaching staff says he is not affected by the injury, but i dont think there is any question he isnt the same back as last year.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/4/2008, 01:51 PM
i agree. last year i thought he had a chance to break away every time he touched the ball. this year, he just seems slower- niot hitting the holes as quickly.

Cam
10/4/2008, 01:58 PM
He's been running a little tentative all season long. Still getting the job done, just not breaking anything long other than the 1st game.

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 02:14 PM
I am disappointed that we havent seen any explosive plays from murray this season against subpar competition. I know the coaching staff says he is not affected by the injury, but i dont think there is any question he isnt the same back as last year.

It is hard to disagree with this post. It bothers me seeing him not running at his best. Maybe he just needs more time. If it is a confidence thing I would have thought he would have it by now.

DrZaius
10/4/2008, 02:16 PM
He seems to go down with the first contact and not trying to fight through it. I think he will be ok in the long run.

auto
10/4/2008, 02:25 PM

Agree 150%

Rogue
10/4/2008, 02:26 PM
He's fine I tell ya.

bluedogok
10/4/2008, 02:35 PM
He's been running a little tentative all season long. Still getting the job done, just not breaking anything long other than the 1st game.
I agree, I don't know if he is just trying to regain confidence in his knee or if it is the added weight over the off season.

soonerinabilene
10/4/2008, 02:47 PM
I think he is running different, but I also think last year we didnt hand off and make him run it up the middle every damn time. We actually pitched it and used misdirection to get him to the outside.

JLEW1818
10/4/2008, 02:56 PM
I think he UNLOADS against the Longhorns next week.

goingoneight
10/4/2008, 03:12 PM
He's fine people... why does everyone act like he rolled up a buttload of 200-yard games last year? He looks the same so far, until kickoffs, and none of OUr guys look anywhere near as good as we were returning kicks a year ago. That is mostly not being WIDE OPEN to go the distance in the secondary, people are bottling him up. IMO, no matter who OUr QB is, we don't have the success in the air we're having without OUr guys getting the job done on the ground as good as can be expected.

Texas will attack differently as they have better athletes up front and more speed to try to hang with OUr receivers and TEs. There won't be 8-man fronts unless Texass wants Sam to have 900 yards throwing against them.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:21 PM
I think he's a tick slower, I said it in the summer and I'll say it again, I don't think the weight gain was good for him. He looks like he's stronger then last year, but he's not as quick.

...and for those that disagreed with me on the weight gain -- I'm right and you're wrong! :P

adoniijahsooner
10/4/2008, 03:21 PM
He does look a bit slower; its like reynolds needed a year to regain his form, i am betting that Demarco will struggle a bit this year, and next year be back to normal. Off topic; does anyone know what is going on with Calhoun?

goingoneight
10/4/2008, 03:23 PM
He's getting his shirt extra red.

Widescreen
10/4/2008, 03:24 PM
Demarco is very strong when he's hit high but it seems like the slightest tap to his legs knock him over this year. He's clearly not the same although I guess that shouldn't be totally unexpected.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:26 PM
He does look a bit slower; its like reynolds needed a year to regain his form, i am betting that Demarco will struggle a bit this year, and next year be back to normal. Off topic; does anyone know what is going on with Calhoun?

Yep, we're already loaded at RB and so we don't need him this year.

okiewaker
10/4/2008, 03:26 PM
5 games into the season you would think he would have at least broken one long one, but..! MM looked pretty good

adoniijahsooner
10/4/2008, 03:30 PM
I just saw the stats, and DM had 26 carries in the game. i know we want to see long distance touchdowns; but for Murray to be able to handle 26 carries and take some good licks has to be encouraging and beneficial to us in a game where sam isnt throwing as good. There are some positives.

BoulderSooner79
10/4/2008, 03:33 PM
DM was carried off the field less than a year ago against Tech. He didn't have surgery right away, so it's been much less than a year for recovery. It was reported that he was still limping as recently as August in pre-season practice. Given all that, I wouldn't expect him to be 100% yet, maybe not even this season.

SoonerTank
10/4/2008, 03:55 PM
I think he's a tick slower, I said it in the summer and I'll say it again, I don't think the weight gain was good for him. He looks like he's stronger then last year, but he's not as quick.

...and for those that disagreed with me on the weight gain -- I'm right and you're wrong! :P
After predicting the Baylor score I won't disagree with you on this either!

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2008, 04:12 PM
I think he's not as explosive as last year, but i'm sure the injury has alot to do with it; he may not be 100% till next year, but even at 80% or whatever he is he's pretty good

AzianSooner
10/4/2008, 04:15 PM
as long as you have 8+ every run from C. Brown, Demarco, and Madu.. we have a running game. This will be enough to force ANY TEAM to think about OUr running game becasue if they dont stop it, we move the ball pretty well with low risk (no rb fumble)

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 04:20 PM
Does DM look kinda slow this game to anyone else?

As I stated in another thread, Murray is not the same back that he was a year ago. He still has the moves but he looks like a turtle when hitting the hole.

He's still a solid back though.

Johnny Utah
10/4/2008, 06:19 PM
I stated my opinion in an earlier thread too. IMHO he appears to be trying to make too many moves before hitting the hole or the LOS. I'm not a coach (but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express) ... he needs to hit the hole or LOS fast and then make his moves to elude potential tacklers.

badger
10/4/2008, 06:30 PM
I think he's injured, more than just last season's lingering knee. We have too much depth for DeMarco to simply sit out a few games and heal. He probably had the goal of NFL Draft after this season and my guess is he's still trying to meet this goal. He also looks like he's not doing anything too outlandish - either another sign of injury or of trying to prevent getting injured.

Johnny Utah
10/4/2008, 08:58 PM
I think he's injured, more than just last season's lingering knee. We have too much depth for DeMarco to simply sit out a few games and heal. He probably had the goal of NFL Draft after this season and my guess is he's still trying to meet this goal. He also looks like he's not doing anything too outlandish - either another sign of injury or of trying to prevent getting injured.

... or the goal of making it big in Hollywood! I don't want to sound ghey (not that there's anything wrong with that) but DM is one good lookin dude!

CK Sooner
10/4/2008, 09:00 PM
... or the goal of making it big in Hollywood! I don't want to sound ghey (not that there's anything wrong with that) but DM is one good lookin dude!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/bschillinger/fag8si.png

meoveryouxinfinity
10/4/2008, 09:06 PM

He should learn from MK. Just my opinion, but far from ready for the NFL.

I did stay at the holiday inn express as well :)

Johnny Utah
10/4/2008, 09:08 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/bschillinger/fag8si.png

i luv you too

proudsoonergal
10/4/2008, 09:17 PM
Texas will attack differently as they have better athletes up front and more speed to try to hang with OUr receivers and TEs. There won't be 8-man fronts unless Texass wants Sam to have 900 yards throwing against them.

Dude, 900 yards against the Longhorns would be very beneficial to the Heisman campaign. Plus, I'd especially enjoy the next week, living in Austin. :D

85sooners
10/4/2008, 10:14 PM
:(

oupride
10/4/2008, 10:18 PM
He looks very strong, he took some licks out there today, bounced back up and kept on tickin.

I don't rember him going up the middle so much last year either.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2008, 11:50 PM
Murray took one hit today that absolutely should have knocked his jock off, but he popped right up. I don't think he's as quick as he was last year, and think it's naive to believe he's completely healed. I thing trying to go to the NFL after this season would be a big mistake for him. Let him come back next year when he's had a real chance to rehab the knee and he could be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. If he gets the explosiveness back - possibly a number 1.