PDA

View Full Version : Weaatherman terrorists declare support for Obama

Whet
10/3/2008, 10:38 PM
Just today, Barry wrapped up his recruitment of one of his important constituencies - that of the 60's Weatherman's terrorist organization:

Four Weathermen terrorists declare support for Obama, calling for "grassroots effort" to help boost campaign.

The names of four former top leaders of the Weathermen (http://foia.fbi.gov/foiaindex/weather.htm) terrorist organization are listed as signatories on an online petition calling for an "independent grassroots effort" to help strengthen Obama's campaign.

The petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/progressivesforobama/index.html) was initiated by Progressives for Obama (http://progressivesforobama.blogspot.com/), an independent organization acting to ensure the Illinois senator's election.

Among the names signed onto the petition are former Weathermen leaders Howard Machtinger, Jeff Jones, Steve Tappis and Mark Rudd.

Machtinger was a Weathermen founder and was co-author of the terror group's original mission statement, which called for "revolutionaries within the United States to wage a 'people's war' and attack from within. The government would fall and 'world communism' eventually would be instituted."

Jones, according to his own website (http://www.jeffjones-strategies.com/protest.htm), was "elected, along with (Weathermen terrorist) Bill Ayers and Mark Rudd, to the SDS national office. Then, in the spring of 1970, he disappeared. As a leader of the Weather Underground, Jeff evaded an intense FBI manhunt for more than a decade. In 1981, they finally got him. Twenty special agents battered down the door of the Bronx apartment where he was living with his wife and four-year-old son."

Tappis was one of 11 people who signed the original Weathermen statement, which was infamously titled, "You Don't Need a Weatherman to Know Which Way the Wind Blows."

Rudd, a petition supporter as well as a main signatory to the Progressives for Obama group, was one of the main founders of the Weathermen terrorist organization. A biography published on his website (http://www.markrudd.com/) explains Rudd worked to form the Weathermen as a radical alternative to the SDS and for white Americans to eject their "white skin privilege" and begin "armed struggle" against the U.S. government.

USCMichigander
10/3/2008, 10:45 PM
The Obama-Weatherman connection is, well, scary. Not only has he associated himself with, befriended, and used a terrorist (Bill Ayers) for political gain, he has branched out more with the Weathermen.

Do you know Howard Gutman (if huff-po says he's an advisor to Obama, he's at the very least an advisor to Obama)? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-gutman) Do you know of Howard Gutman? Yes, Gutman was the defense attorney for the Weatherman.

Some said the Ayers connection was truly for Obama's political gain, but two connections with a radical, obscure terrorist group simply erases that theory.

Fool me once, fool me twice...

Jerk
10/4/2008, 05:26 AM
He could be caught sniffing coke off the body of a dead gay hooker and his minions will still vote for him.

And does anyone really know who this guy (Obama) is?

The guy came from no where, we know very little about him, has some very nefarious friends, a racist preacher, and will probably become the next POTUS. Wow.

King Crimson
10/4/2008, 05:52 AM
armed struggle against the government? that's kinda what you've been waiting for, eh Jerk?

heh. ;) :D

King Crimson
10/4/2008, 05:57 AM
i'd like to see people link actual article when they quote them, as a general nod to source cred.

but, i didn't know the W-Men actually took their name from Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues.

King Crimson
10/4/2008, 05:59 AM
MAbtg9dz5P0

Jerk
10/4/2008, 06:01 AM
armed struggle against the government? that's kinda what you've been waiting for, eh Jerk?

heh. ;) :D

Nah, a gimp like me is more interested in surviving the coming Great Depression II :eek:

Cya later. I have to go to snow removal class, so they can teach us how to, you know, operate a snow removal truck.

King Crimson
10/4/2008, 06:04 AM
Nah, a gimp like me is more interested in surviving the coming Great Depression II :eek:

Cya later. I have to go to snow removal class, so they can teach us how to, you know, operate a snow removal truck.

i have a buddy who used to drive snowplows up in Leadville, CO....it was work for "men" he said.

OklaPony
10/4/2008, 11:34 AM
He could be caught sniffing coke off the body of a dead gay hooker and his minions will still vote for him.

Gay? That does it. I'm not voting for him now!

i have a buddy who used to drive snowplows up in Leadville, CO....it was work for "men" he said.
Well, if ever there is a place that needs snow removal, that would be it. I once got caught in a snowstorm in August up there.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/5/2008, 10:36 AM
Would William Ayers be the Secretary of Downsizing in an Obamanation?

Whet
10/5/2008, 05:26 PM
Ambassador to Venezuela or Cuba?

Whet
10/6/2008, 08:01 AM
This is from a 1997 article in the University of Chicago Chronicle, which has Barry, American-hating Michelle, and their very close and personal friend, the terrorist, William Ayers:

Close-up on juvenile justice

Author, former offender among speakersBy Jennifer Vanasco
News Office
Children who kill are called "super predators," "people with no conscience," "feral pre-social beings" -- and "adults."
William Ayers, author of A Kind and Just Parent: The Children of Juvenile Court (Beacon Press, 1997), says "We should call a child a child. A 13-year-old who picks up a gun isn't suddenly an adult. We have to ask other questions: How did he get the gun? Where did it come from?"
Ayers, who spent a year observing the Cook County Temporary Juvenile Detention Center in Chicago, is one of four panelists who will speak on juvenile justice at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, in the C-Shop. The panel, which marks the 100th anniversary of the juvenile justice system in the United States, is part of the Community Service Center's monthly discussion series on issues affecting the city of Chicago. The event is free and open to the public.
Ayers will be joined by Sen. Barack Obama, Senior Lecturer in the Law School, who is working to combat legislation that would put more juvenile offenders into the adult system; Randolph Stone, Director of the Mandel Legal Aid Clinic; Alex Correa, a reformed juvenile offender who spent seven years in Cook County Temporary Detention Center; Frank Tobin, a former priest and teacher at the Detention Center who helped Correa; and Willy Baldwin, who grew up in public housing and is currently a teacher at the Detention Center.
The juvenile justice system was founded by Chicago reformer Jane Addams, who advocated the establishment of a separate court system for children which would act like a "kind and just parent" for children in crisis.
One hundred years later, the system is "overcrowded, under-funded, over-centralized and racist," Ayers said.
Michelle Obama, Associate Dean of Student Services and Director of the University Community Service Center, hopes bringing issues like this to campus will open a dialogue between members of the University community and the broader community.
"Students and faculty explore these issues in the classroom, but it is an internal conversation," Obama said. "We know that issues like juvenile justice impact the city of Chicago, this nation and -- directly or indirectly -- this campus. This panel gives students a chance to hear about the juvenile justice system not only on a theoretical level, but from the people who have experienced it."
This shows the relationship between Barry and terrorist, William Ayers, was not simply a neighborhood, casual acquaintance.

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/971106/justice.shtml

soonerscuba
10/6/2008, 09:12 AM
I think we should consolidate all of Whet's copy/paste threads into a single retarded copy/paste thread.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2008, 09:33 AM
What the Obama's should have been doing was out hunting moose! America! **** yeah!

Pricetag
10/6/2008, 09:55 AM
Fool me once, fool me twice...
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one!

Can't get fooled again.

StoopTroup
10/6/2008, 09:58 AM

And does anyone really know who this guy (Obama) is?

The guy came from no where, we know very little about him, has some very nefarious friends, a racist preacher, and will probably become the next POTUS. Wow.

I heard he was a Harvard Man.

I think he started his political career in Chicago.

Then Oprah latched onto him...he got some National Exposure and the rest is history...

Other than that...

I think he's written a couple of books...

You can check them out at a public library...I did.

I know less about his Wife than him though...

They got her under-wraps tighter than Sarah Palin.

10/6/2008, 09:59 AM
Just try to imagine what the MSM would do to McCain, if he was the one consorting and befriending with TERRORISTS!(and that is what they SHOULD be doing to Obama)

lexsooner
10/6/2008, 10:31 AM
Just try to imagine what the MSM would do to McCain, if he was the one consorting and befriending with TERRORISTS!(and that is what they SHOULD be doing to Obama)

This story is NOT going anywhere because it is INSIGNIFICANT! There is NO evidence that Obama was FRIENDS with TERRORISTS, and/or ENDORSED their beliefs!!! Palin may TRY to make an ISSUE out of this, but no one CARES, nor does she have any CREDIBILITY!!!! ;) OKAY??? Have a nice DAY.

Whet
10/6/2008, 10:59 AM
This story is NOT going anywhere because it is INSIGNIFICANT! There is NO evidence that Obama was FRIENDS with TERRORISTS, and/or ENDORSED their beliefs!!! Palin may TRY to make an ISSUE out of this, but no one CARES, nor does she have any CREDIBILITY!!!! ;) OKAY??? Have a nice DAY.

What kind of additional evidence is necessary for you to understand Barry's relationships with these terrorists?

I guess, Barry kicking off his campaign in Bill Ayers' home does not construe the two of them were friends. I suppose Barry and Bill serving together on the Wood's Foundation Chicago Project, or Ayres getting Barry his directorship for this project indicates their deep hatred for each other?

How about something from the Clinton campaign on the relationship between the two? http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/440/

Since reading articles confuses and hurts soonerscuba's head, I'll let just post the link and let you read the article.

Whet
10/6/2008, 11:08 AM
The following is a portion of an article from Politco, about the connection between the terrorist, Bill Ayres and Barry Obama, from February 2008.(sorry if reading this article confuses or hurts soonerscuba's head)

Obama once visited '60s radicals
By: Ben Smith
February 22, 2008 01:26 PM EST
In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.

You can read the entire article HERE (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html)

soonerscuba
10/6/2008, 11:18 AM
Since reading articles confuses and hurts soonerscuba's head, I'll let just post the link and let you read the article.Dude, you aren't smart, you're not really credible, and you're most certainly not interesting.

I have no problem with people's political persuasion, but I do have a problem with parrots, which you are. The fun and interesting thing about this board is that you get to here what people think and why. What isn't fun is watching somebody who is predisposed to believe anything about Obama cut and paste articles from newsmax 20 times a day. We get it, you think Obama hangs with terrorists, gay, Muslim, radical Christian and you've got the funny pictures/catch phrases to prove it.

Whet
10/6/2008, 11:19 AM
And, one more article about this issue. The following is a portion of an article from Editor & Publisher (for a full version of this article, go HERE (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003870402))

Chicago's pundit class is not exactly unanimous on shrugging off the Obama/Ayers connection. Steve Chapman, a Chicago Tribune columnist of libertarian bent who also serves on the paper's editorial board, argued Sunday that the relationship, which he said Obama was disingenuously trying to downplay, does matter.

"It's hard to imagine he would be so indulgent if we learned that John McCain had a long association with a former Klansman who used to terrorize African-Americans," Chapman wrote. "Obama's conduct exposes a moral blind spot about these onetime terrorists, who get a pass because they a) fall on the left end of the spectrum and b) haven't planted any bombs lately.

"You can tell a lot about someone from his choice of friends. What this friendship reveals is that when it comes to practicing sound moral hygiene, Obama has work to do and no interest in doing it." ...

The Chicagoist Web site, while also mostly shrugging off the Ayers "controversy," said it pointed to disturbing pattern:

"While their relationship just might be a tempest in a teapot -- or in Obamaspeak, a 'distraction' -- is the fact that Obama is once again downplaying a friendship really the bigger deal? After all, this is the same guy that originally tried to claim he hardly knew Tony Rezko, and had only performed a few hours of legal work for him. Where's that famous Obama transparency? This is a 'new kind of politics'?"

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2008, 11:24 AM
Oh, is this where we go to blog dump?

The gutter politics of the McCain campaign is reaching down once again to denounce Obama for his distant past links to Bill Ayers in an unprecedented guilt-by-association attack for a presidential campaign.

Sarah Palin declared, "This is someone who sees America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country."

The New York Times article, which prompted Palin's remarks, actually concluded that "the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers."

CNN Political Ticker evaluated Palin's "palling" charges and concluded, "False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now palling around, or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are....CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved."

Back in February, the Washington Post reported in a fact check, But the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one.(Washington Post, 2/18/08)

As part of a larger project where I'm compiling a long list of all the lies and smears spread about Obama, here are 30 lies about Ayers and Obama.

Tonight's Hannity's America featured more of these absurd lies about Obama and Ayers in Hannity's infomercial for idiocy, including an amazing interview with legendary anti-Semitic crackpot Andy Martin:

LIE: "My view is that the community organizer was really a sham event. Bill Ayers was testing him."(Andy Martin, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Bill Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's community organizing job. It's pure lunacy to imagine that Ayers was "testing" Obama.

LIE: Obama's "community organizing is a grand scheme perpetuated by none other than William Ayers."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Obama's community organizing was not a vast conspiracy for revolution devised by Bill Ayers.

LIE: "They live half a mile from William Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist" and "Just a half a mile from those homes is Louis Farrakhan."(Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: It's true, of course, that Obama lives in this same neighborhood, as do tens of thousands of other people who presumably are also guilty by geographical association. The logic of this argument would be, if you live half a mile from a sex offender, then you agree with child molesters.

LIE: Obama and Ayers "appeared together at various public engagements...it would seem that they are more than just a little bit friendly."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: Appearing on a speaking panel is not a sign of friendship. There is no evidence that Obama had any role in ever inviting Ayers to speak.

LIE: In 1995, Ayers and Dohrn "hosted a political coming out party for a young Barack Obama."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")
TRUTH: This was an event for Alice Palmer, not a "coming-out party" for Obama. Obama was invited by Palmer to the event.

But long before tonight's Hannity, the right-wing has been spreading a series of lies about Obama and Ayers.

LIE: "Bill Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist."
TRUTH: Bill Ayers is not, and apparently never was, a terrorist. The conventional definition of a terrorist is someone who tries to kill innocent people for political purposes. As Factcheck.org noted, In fact, nobody died as a result of bombings in which Ayers said he participated as part of the Weather Underground. (Factcheck.org)

LIE: "I'm sure he's very patriotic, but his relationship with Mr. Ayers is open to question....Because, if you're going to associate and have as a friend and serve on a board and have a guy kick off your campaign that says he's unrepentant, that he wished he'd bombed more. And then, the worst thing of all, that I think really indicates Senator Obama's attitude, is he had the incredible statement that he compared Mr. Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist -- an unrepentant terrorist, with Senator Tom Coburn. Senator Coburn, a physician who goes to Oklahoma on the weekends and brings babies into life.' (John McCain, April 20, 2008, ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos)
TRUTH: Obama was not friends with Ayers. Ayers did not kick off Obama's campaign. And Obama was not comparing Ayers' actions with Coburn. Obama was pointing out that he works with people even when he disagrees with them.

LIE: "Obama's oldest friend in politics is a murderer and unrepentant terrorist. Why are they friends?"(ExposeObama.com email, Sept. 7, 2008)
TRUTH: Ayers isn't Obama's oldest friend in politics.

LIE: Ayers was "Obama's boss."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)
TRUTH: The chair of a foundation board is not the boss of the members.

LIE: Jerome Corsi claimed Alice "Palmer would never have introduced Obama to the Hyde Park political community at the Ayres-Dohrn home unless she saw an affinity between Ayers and Dohrn's radical leftist history, her own history of far-leftist politics, and the politics of Barack Obama."(p. 137)
TRUTH: The event wasn't held primarily for Obama. It was Palmer's own announcement that she would run for Congress. Obama was there as Palmer's endorsed successor for her Senate seat, but there's no evidence that he had any role in deciding to hold it at Ayers' home.

LIE: Jerome Corsi claims about Obama: "either he did not know Ayers and Dohrn are still radical leftists--in which case he is implausibly naive--or Obama did know, which would confirm he joined with Ayers and Dohrn because Obama too continues to believe, albeit silently and secretly, in the Far Left's radical agenda."(p. 140)
TRUTH: Obama probably knew Ayers was a leftist, but he didn't care. Obama believes in the notion of a free society, where you work with people you disagree with.

LIE: "Even today, Ayers appears to hold the same radical political beliefs he did in the Weather Underground, and Obama had to know that was also the case when he first met Ayers in 1995."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)
TRUTH: Corsi doesn't explain how Obama "had to know" Ayers' views on politics when he first met him. Telepathy? Mind-reading?

LIE: David Freddoso calls Obama's distant connection with Bill Ayers "a remarkable relationship for a presidential nominee to have."(p. 122)
TRUTH: It reality, it's not remarkable at all. The notion that people should resign from foundations and refuse to speak in public in order to avoid any connection to a former radical never convicted of a crime is absurd.

LIE: "The major media simply have not reported on Obama's two years at New York's Columbia University, where, among other things, he lived a mere quarter-mile from former terrorist Bill Ayers."(Tony Blankley, September 24, 2008)
TRUTH: Thousands upon thousands of people lived near Bill Ayers in Manhattan. Obama didn't know Ayers.

LIE: Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence to support his claim. Ayers was one of several people involved in starting the group, and was not its guiding spirit. According to the New York Times reporting, Obama was recruited by other CAC leaders who knew him through the Joyce Foundation.

LIE: Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence that Obama and Ayers worked as a team. Ayers attended six meetings of the group along with Obama.

LIE: "Obama is hanging around with Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. By the way, Bill Ayers advertised himself as being a communist with a small c just when he was beginning to
partner with Obama on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. (Stanley Kurtz, Hudson Institute, Washington DC, October 1, 2008)
TRUTH: Contrary to this McCarthyist attack, there's no evidence that Obama ever knew that Ayers supposedly called himself a communist, nor is that a good reason for Obama to end his work on school reform and charitable activities.

LIE: "who provided Obama with the only executive experience he has ever had in his young life? Bill Ayers, unrepentant domestic terrorist, communist revolutionary... (Joseph Farah, World Net Daily, October 2, 2008)
TRUTH: Ayers did not provide Obama with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge job. And Obama has also had executive experience in community organizing, running a voter registration drive, as well as running his campaigns. The New York Times reported, "In fact, according to several people involved, Mr. Ayers played no role in Mr. Obama's appointment. Instead, it was suggested by Deborah Leff, then president of the Joyce Foundation, a Chicago-based group whose board Mr. Obama, a young lawyer, had joined the previous year."(Scott Shane, New York Times, October 4, 2008)

LIE: "Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as quote 'respectable and mainstream.'"(American Issues Project ad, August 2008)
TRUTH: David Axelrod described them as "friendly," not friends. Obama didn't call Ayers respectable and mainstream (although Ayers now is); Obama's campaign on his website posted an op-ed in the press that described Ayers that way.

LIE: "I can't understand why somebody who wants to be president of the United States, I'll be perfectly honest with you, would want to associate or not condemn the actions of people in the past."(Paul Ragonese, April 27, 2008, Fox News' Hannity's America)
TRUTH: Obama has condemned the past actions of Bill Ayers and called him somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago. (April 16, 2008 debate)

LIE: "Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval."(Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence to support his claim. Ayers was one of several people involved in starting the group, and was not its guiding spirit.

LIE: "Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda."(Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence that Obama and Ayers worked as a team. Ayers attended six meetings of the group along with Obama.

LIE: About Bill Ayers, "Barack Obama really couldn't bring himself to say 'you know, I really don't like that guy.' That was too much for him to say. He had to talk about what a decent guy he is and what a good professor."(Jim Geraghty, "Hype: The Obama Effect")
TRUTH: There is no record of Obama during the campaign calling Ayers "decent" and "a good professor." In fact, Obama really did bring himself to criticize Ayers, denouncing him during a Democratic debate as "somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago."

LIE: "Obama was feted at a fundraising event" at Ayers' home.("Hype: The Obama Effect")
TRUTH: Obama never had a fundraising event at Ayers' home.

LIE: Barack Obama and Bill Ayers had a close working relationship...the two of them were running the foundation together. (Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence of a "close working relationship" beyond attending a few meetings together. The notion that Obama and Ayers were the only ones running the Chicago Annenberg Challenge is absolutely false.

LIE: "The most important smoking gun is that Barack Obama was funding Bill Ayers' radical educational projects."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: This is false. Obama was the president of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, not its dictator. There's no evidence that Obama made any funding decisions. Moreover, it would have been completely unprofessional for anyone, including Obama, to ban Bill Ayers from receiving funding for educational projects because of alleged radical activities decades earlier which Ayers was never convicted of. Kurtz has no evidence that projects were judged based on anything other than their merits. This is a pure smear by association.

LIE: Emails "give us strong evidence that there may have been a cover-up in Bill Ayers' role choosing Barack Obama."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)
TRUTH: This is a fabrication. The email Kurtz is referring to shows absolutely no kind of cover up. In fact, it shows exactly the opposite. In his blog, Kurtz quotes the entire email Ken Rolling wrote to CAC founders Warren Chapman and Anne Hallett and notes that Sam Dillon, Education Reporter for the New York Times, was working on an article. Rolling wrote about Dillon, He is trying to understand how Barack got 'picked' for the CAC board, by whom, why, etc. - I have avoided that question head-on though I believe Barack was Debbie Leff's/Joyce nomination." This email reveals no kind of cover-up, and the New York Times article found several sources that said Obama was not picked by Ayers.

LIE: "There is a secret group in the Obama-Biden campaign tasked with shutting off any leaks from the record that links Barack Obama to his longtime adviser and mentor Bill Ayers, professor of education at the University of Illinois and unrepentant Weatherman terrorist and fugitive from the 1970s....There is a substantial independent report from a major Democratic source that confirms Diamond's suspicions. The source confirms the unit is led by Bill Ayers himself and likely includes Tom Hayden and other members of 'Progressives for Obama.' Most critically, the Democratic source says this unit has direct access to media adviser David Axelrod of the Obama-Biden campaign."(John Batchelor, Human Events, September 12, 2008)
TRUTH: There is no "secret group." Hayden reports, "I am not part of any effort, personal or organized, trying to protect Obama against any leaks." The notion that Ayers is leading the "unit" is laughable. According to the University of Illinois library, "all papers have been available since August 26" about the school reform group that Ayers and Obama worked on. Diamond, the source cited for the existence of the "unit," declares, "I have no evidence of such a unit." Diamond added, "I told Batchelor that I would not speak to Human Events yet he made up a quote from me and placed it in his article."

10/6/2008, 11:46 AM
You still gonna vote for the complete shutdown regime of Obama, Mike? Does your dad know your political leanings?

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2008, 11:50 AM
I'm still going to vote Obama, absolutely.

And both my father and stepfather are in complete agreement, thanks. As are both my grandmothers and my surviving grandfather (a former Navy man.)

Edit: didn't mean to leave out my mother and step-mother. Both were ardent Hillary supporters (step-mom was a state delegate for Hillary in Washington, in fact) but both are now donors to the Obama campaign and plan to vote for him.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2008, 11:57 AM

And both my father and stepfather are in complete agreement, thanks. As are both my grandmothers and my surviving grandfather (a former Navy man.)

Edit: didn't mean to leave out my mother and step-mother. Both were ardent Hillary supporters (step-mom was a state delegate for Hillary in Washington, in fact) but both are now donors to the Obama campaign and plan to vote for him.

But...but...he's teh anti-christ.

10/6/2008, 12:04 PM

Edit: didn't mean to leave out my mother and step-mother. Both were ardent Hillary supporters (step-mom was a state delegate for Hillary in Washington, in fact) but both are now donors to the Obama campaign and plan to vote for him.And, there you have it, folks!

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2008, 12:26 PM
Yep, there you have it. An entire family of stable, financially successful people voting for Barack Obama. None of us have ever been on welfare (though most of us have taken part in federal student loan programs), none of us are illegal immigrants, and none of us have ever belonged to CPUSA.

10/6/2008, 12:31 PM
Yep, there you have it. An entire family of stable, financially successful people voting for Barack Obama. None of us have ever been on welfare (though most of us have taken part in federal student loan programs), none of us are illegal immigrants, and none of us have ever belonged to CPUSA.And, yet, you're willing to throw away the freedom and opportunity this great country in which we live has given you. You must be bored, and want a REAL challenge, eh?

dolemitesooner
10/6/2008, 12:32 PM
And, there you have it, folks!

What is that supposed to mean?

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2008, 12:35 PM
That's interesting. Because I'm of the belief that when everything's going to hell in a handbasket, you fire the guys who've been in exclusive charge for six out of the last seven and a half years.

Don't worry though, we'll make sure to round you up and make Soylent Green out of you first thing on January 22.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2008, 12:37 PM
What is that supposed to mean?

It means that he's trying to insult my family because he's got nothing but tired rhetoric to offer.

KC//CRIMSON
10/6/2008, 12:40 PM
And, yet, you're willing to throw away the freedom and opportunity this great country in which we live has given you. You must be bored, and want a REAL challenge, eh?

Can't wait to see your epic meltdown on Nov 4th.

10/6/2008, 12:41 PM
It means that he's trying to insult my family because he's got nothing but tired rhetoric to offer.Hardly! I'm in awe. See post #29.

SoonerInKCMO
10/6/2008, 01:23 PM
Yep, there you have it. An entire family of stable, financially successful people voting for Barack Obama. None of us have ever been on welfare (though most of us have taken part in federal student loan programs), none of us are illegal immigrants, and none of us have ever belonged to CPUSA.

Notice that he didn't say they aren't all Muslim terrorists. :texan: