PDA

View Full Version : Obama collecting illegal donations?

Whet
10/3/2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder how deep George Soros and is ilk are involved in this scam?

More than half of the whopping $426.9 million Barack Obama has raised has come from small donors whose names the Obama campaign won't disclose, ad questions have arisen about millions more in foreign donations the Obama campaign has received that apparently have not been vetted as legitimate.

Federal law does not require the campaigns to identify donors who give less than $200 during the election cycle. However, it does require that campaigns calculate running totals for each donor and report them once they go beyond the $200 mark.

Surprisingly, the great majority of Obama donors never break the $200 threshold.

"Contributions that come under $200 aggregated per person are not listed," said Bob Biersack, a spokesman for the FEC. "They don’t appear anywhere, so there’s no way of knowing who they are."

The FEC breakdown of the Obama campaign has identified a staggering $222.7 million as coming from contributions of $200 or less. Only $39.6 million of that amount comes from donors the Obama campaign has identified. It is the largest pool of unidentified money that has ever flooded into the U.S. election system.

In a letter dated June 25, 2008, the FEC asked the Obama campaign to verify a series of $25 donations from a contributor identified as "Will, Good" from Austin, Texas.

Mr. Good Will listed his employer as "Loving" and his profession as "You."

A Newsmax analysis of the 1.4 million individual contributions in the latest master file for the Obama campaign discovered 1,000 separate entries for Mr. Good Will, most of them for $25, totaling $17,375.

And then there are the overseas donations — at least, the ones that we know about.

The FEC has compiled a separate database of potentially questionable overseas donations that contains more than 11,500 contributions totaling $33.8 million. More than 520 listed their “state” as “IR,” often an abbreviation for Iran. Another 63 listed it as “UK,” the United Kingdom.

More than 1,400 of the overseas entries clearly were U.S. diplomats or military personnel, who gave an APO address overseas. Their total contributions came to just $201,680.

But others came from places as far afield as Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Beijing, Fallujah, Florence, Italy, and a wide selection of towns and cities in France.

Until recently, the Obama Web site allowed a contributor to select the country where he resided from the entire membership of the United Nations, including such friendly places as North Korea and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Unlike McCain’s or Sen. Hillary Clinton’s online donation pages, the Obama site did not ask for proof of citizenship until just recently. Clinton’s presidential campaign required U.S. citizens living abroad to actually fax a copy of their passport before a donation would be accepted.

With such lax vetting of foreign contributions, the Obama campaign may have indirectly contributed to questionable fundraising by foreigners.

In July and August, the head of the Nigeria’s stock market held a series of pro-Obama fundraisers in Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city. The events attracted local Nigerian business owners.

At one event, a table for eight at one fundraising dinner went for $16,800. Nigerian press reports claimed sponsors raked in an estimated $900,000.

The sponsors said the fundraisers were held to help Nigerians attend the Democratic convention in Denver. But the Nigerian press expressed skepticism of that claim, and the Nigerian public anti-fraud commission is now investigating the matter.

Whet
10/3/2008, 10:34 PM
wait, there's more money scams at Barry's place:

One new measure that might not appear obvious at first could be frustrating to foreigners wanting to buy campaign paraphernalia such as T-shirts or bumper stickers through the online store.

In response to an investigation conducted by blogger Pamela Geller, who runs the blog Atlas Shrugs, the Obama campaign has locked down the store.

Geller first revealed on July 31 that donors from the Gaza strip had contributed $33,000 to the Obama campaign through bulk purchases of T-shirts they had shipped to Gaza.
The online campaign store allows buyers to complete their purchases by making an additional donation to the Obama campaign.

A pair of Palestinian brothers named Hosam and Monir Edwan contributed more than $31,300 to the Obama campaign in October and November 2007, FEC records show.

Their largesse attracted the attention of the FEC almost immediately. In an April 15, 2008, report that examined the Obama campaign’s year-end figures for 2007, the FEC asked that some of these contributions be reassigned.

The Obama camp complied sluggishly, prompting a more detailed admonishment form the FEC on July 30.

The Edwan brothers listed their address as “GA,” as in Georgia, although they entered “Gaza” or “Rafah Refugee camp” as their city of residence on most of the online contribution forms.

GottaHavePride
10/3/2008, 10:43 PM
I love when anonymous news sources misspell words like "and" and "from".

Soonerus
10/3/2008, 10:46 PM
surprise, surprise...

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 10:48 PM
It looks like the right wingers have recovered from their Palin master debating fantasies and have resumed full-on panic mode.

Whet
10/3/2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.theobamafile.com/_images/NOBAMA.gif

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 10:53 PM
Remember when the dems were "pathetic" for voting against George Bush rather than for their own candidate?

Good times.

texas bandman
10/3/2008, 10:54 PM
If you shout untruth enough, maybe someone will actually believe it. Typical GOP operating procedure.

Whet
10/3/2008, 11:01 PM
How about some of the messiah Barack of Obama quotes:

"And I am running for president, because the dreams of the American People can not be endangered anymore."

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

"We're going to reshape America in a way that is less mean-spirited and more generous."

"I can no more disown (Jeremiah Wright) than I can disown the black community."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person..."

"That’s just how white folks will do you."

"We've got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money."
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff."

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

"I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

"The one thing that I want to insist on is that, as I travel around the country, the American people are a decent people. Now they get confused sometimes. You know, they listen to the wrong talk radio shows or watch the wrong TV networks, um, but they’re, they’re basically decent, they’re basically sound."

GottaHavePride
10/3/2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.goats.com/store/images/rfv_preview.gif

lexsooner
10/4/2008, 11:15 AM
My, how the Obama haters are bitter. I guess they see Obama heading to the White House, and they are reacting with low class rumors, and pledges they will put him down his entire Presidency and laugh whenever things go bad. To heck with any implications for our country if things go wrong the next four years. What patriotism and class.

King Crimson
10/4/2008, 11:19 AM
cite your source, Whet.

tommieharris91
10/4/2008, 11:21 AM
<really long bumper sticker>

Ya know, if you hadn't posted this and stretched the page, I would read your posts.

proud gonzo
10/4/2008, 11:57 AM
If you shout untruth enough, maybe someone will actually believe it. Typical GOP operating procedure.in all fairness, that happens on both sides. i think it's a common trait to tards, not specifically one party.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 02:46 PM
The funniest thing is this....

Here is a guy that seems to have drummed up lots of small donations and the focus is on all the small donations. The big Donors who expect favors, attention and maybe even an audience aren't even a concern.

It seems we may have found a loophole via the internet to spread donations anonymously.

I bet they try to get everything disclosed eventually.

Okla-homey
10/4/2008, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at anything BHO's supporters pull. While he is probably an honorable person, the same cannot be said of a large segment of his base. The activities of the unions, his shady former associates, the luminati and the looney left will ultimately be his undoing.

GrapevineSooner
10/4/2008, 03:02 PM
I love when anonymous news sources misspell words like "and" and "from".

Or when it's a news organization called NewsMax pushing those sources.

Okla-homey
10/4/2008, 03:09 PM
voting illegalities bothers me more than anything else. The Donks won't be happy til the day a guy can stagger into a polling place without any ID or any proof he's not a convicted felon, a citizen or met the residency requirment, get a ballot despite not being registered, and vote. That's your Donk ideal right there.

And unfortunately, millions of those votes are due to be cast this year.

Penguin
10/4/2008, 03:20 PM
A lot of convicted felons can vote. That's an urban legend that once you are convicted of a single felony, you can never ever vote again.

Depends on the law of the state.

badger
10/4/2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.goats.com/store/images/rfv_preview.gif

Hey, having an evil wizard in charge of the world through magic might be a feasible solution to money woes. WHO CARES ABOUT MONEY?! We're all going to be avada kedavra'd in no time anyway.

Okla-homey
10/4/2008, 04:51 PM
A lot of convicted felons can vote. That's an urban legend that once you are convicted of a single felony, you can never ever vote again.

Depends on the law of the state.

but in jurisdictions where they can't, I'd like someone to check before the ex-con gets to vote for BHO.

Frozen Sooner
10/4/2008, 04:53 PM
You really think that the burden to prove they haven't committed a felony should be on the voter?

Really?

Never mind. Rereading your post I had gotten the wrong impression through no fault of yours.

Penguin
10/4/2008, 05:06 PM
Haha! I stumbled upon a little gem! In Maine and Vermont, a felon can vote while in jail! :D

Do you think the prez candidates handout pamphlets during outdoor recreation?

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at anything BHO's supporters pull. While he is probably an honorable person, the same cannot be said of a large segment of his base. The activities of the unions, his shady former associates, the luminati and the looney left will ultimately be his undoing.

I would say the same about the right, but I'll just avoid the merry go round for today.

Dio
10/4/2008, 05:48 PM
My, how the Obama haters are bitter. I guess they see Obama heading to the White House, and they are reacting with low class rumors, and pledges they will put him down his entire Presidency and laugh whenever things go bad. To heck with any implications for our country if things go wrong the next four years. What patriotism and class.

Yeah, cause the W-haters have been waaaaaay above this the last 8 years.

Rogue
10/4/2008, 07:07 PM
voting illegalities bothers me more than anything else. The Donks won't be happy til the day a guy can stagger into a polling place without any ID or any proof he's not a convicted felon, a citizen or met the residency requirment, get a ballot despite not being registered, and vote. That's your Donk ideal right there.

And unfortunately, millions of those votes are due to be cast this year.

You, sir, have finally fallen completely off of your dayyum rocker.
Look, your guy screwed up and picked a looney-tunes running mate that only appeals to a small segment of confused hockey Moms. He's taken careful aim and blown off a different part of his foot every few days. Meanwhile, BO has run a clean campaign and not seemed like an impulsive doofus.

I'm still a JM fan too, but he's self-destructed. He hasn't been a Maverick for 8 years now.

Now, you're back to flame-baiting and erroneous generalizations because your guy is losing again.

I'm over it, man. Just because folks vote for someone that you don't agree with doesn't make them any less patriotic or committed to following the rules.

If the donks were in the business of stealing elections with illegitimate voters, please explain 2000 and 2004 to me.

And, next time you start to suggest that Democrats are somehow less patriotic or concerned about the integrity of the election process I suggest you have a big STFU sammich instead.

Ridiculous.

Okla-homey
10/4/2008, 09:09 PM
You, sir, have finally fallen completely off of your dayyum rocker.
Look, your guy screwed up and picked a looney-tunes running mate that only appeals to a small segment of confused hockey Moms. He's taken careful aim and blown off a different part of his foot every few days. Meanwhile, BO has run a clean campaign and not seemed like an impulsive doofus.

I'm still a JM fan too, but he's self-destructed. He hasn't been a Maverick for 8 years now.

Now, you're back to flame-baiting and erroneous generalizations because your guy is losing again.

I'm over it, man. Just because folks vote for someone that you don't agree with doesn't make them any less patriotic or committed to following the rules.

If the donks were in the business of stealing elections with illegitimate voters, please explain 2000 and 2004 to me.

And, next time you start to suggest that Democrats are somehow less patriotic or concerned about the integrity of the election process I suggest you have a big STFU sammich instead.

Ridiculous.

Jayzus H. Crist! Look at the positions the parties have taken over the last ten years. i lived it in Alabama. All the Pubs wanted was a photo ID on election day. By the time the Donks were done, all you have to do is show a damn light bill. srsly. Check the flippin' Alabama stat if you doubt me.

If that's not a recipe for voter fraud, then the Sooners aren't Number One.

Rogue
10/4/2008, 09:30 PM
Jayzus H. Crist! Look at the positions the parties have taken over the last ten years. i lived it in Alabama. All the Pubs wanted was a photo ID on election day. By the time the Donks were done, all you have to do is show a damn light bill. srsly. Check the flippin' Alabama stat if you doubt me.

If that's not a recipe for voter fraud, then the Sooners aren't Number One.

I don't doubt that it happens. I do doubt that it's just the Dems and I resent you painting so many with the same brush.

I have lots of Republican acquaintances who have some wild beliefs about different things. But I'm not about to come on here and claim that everyone who votes for McCain must also believe those things.

The history of voting shenanigans with disadvantaged persons, dead persons, and mystery persons is not party-specific.

Maybe you're talking about a soulless party and I'm taking **** too personally here.

Sooner Eclipse
10/4/2008, 10:59 PM
I don't doubt that it happens. I do doubt that it's just the Dems and I resent you painting so many with the same brush.

The history of voting shenanigans with disadvantaged persons, dead persons, and mystery persons is not party-specific.

It isn't one party, but that boat has been listing heavily toward the port side for the past 40 years or so.

proud gonzo
10/4/2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, having an evil wizard in charge of the world through magic might be a feasible solution to money woes. WHO CARES ABOUT MONEY?! We're all going to be avada kedavra'd in no time anyway.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8395/voldapproveyh8.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/4/2008, 11:32 PM
It isn't one party, but that boat has been listing heavily toward the port side for the past 40 years or so.In a nutshell!

Okla-homey
10/5/2008, 07:20 AM

I have lots of Republican acquaintances who have some wild beliefs about different things. But I'm not about to come on here and claim that everyone who votes for McCain must also believe those things.

Maybe you're talking about a soulless party and I'm taking **** too personally here.

Let me break it down for you. The Donks own voter and polling place shenanigans. They are masters of the game. Jedi Masters.

The Pubs own vote counting and certification shenanigans. Sith Lords in fact.

Its like a Yin and Yang dealio.

But make no mistake, the champions of voting inclusiveness have consistently been Donks. Except for on-line voting initiatives. That scares 'em for some reason.

Pricetag
10/5/2008, 08:52 AM
Isn't today that day Obama is supposed to dump Biden as his VP? I got an e-mail from my mom detailing the whole filthy plot.

I had to laugh because of how cleverly it was put together. It looked legitimate enough to fool naive e-mail believers, and it comes built in with a defense when it doesn't come to be. Of course, the reason it won't happen is because the e-mail got out there and forced Obama to stay his hand.

Big Red Ron
10/5/2008, 12:42 PM
How dare you people question Obama. He's obviously a "different" kind of politician and will bring us "change." Sheesh, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It isn't like he has a history of shady dealings with criminals.

Ike
10/5/2008, 04:53 PM
The Pubs own vote counting and certification shenanigans. Sith Lords in fact.

Don't forget completely insecure e-voting machines. :)

Actually, I'm quite sure both parties now employ some rather artful hackers to take advantage of these in many key states.

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 04:59 PM
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8395/voldapproveyh8.jpg
I really don't think you people fully appreciate the awesomeness of my farking skills.

Half a Hundred
10/5/2008, 05:01 PM
"Voter fraud" is a distraction put up in order to obfuscate the bigger electoral crime issue: full blown election fraud. It's not whose votes count, people, it's who counts the votes.

It's easy to do this because no one wants to believe that our election systems can be seriously compromised as easily as they are. It's just one of our national myths, and until we are disillusioned of it on a mass scale, it'll be the easiest path to take for those who would rig elections.

Penguin
10/5/2008, 05:02 PM
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatHoldup.jpg

Donate to Obama, or die.

Half a Hundred
10/5/2008, 05:04 PM
Both sides are equally guilty of that, btw.

Whet
10/5/2008, 05:24 PM
Oh my! Now Newsweek is reporting illegal Obama contributions, too!

The Obama (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Barack+Obama) campaign has shattered all fund-raising records, raking in $458 million so far, with about half the bounty coming from donors who contribute $200 or less. Aides say that's an illustration of a truly democratic campaign. To critics, though, it can be an invitation for fraud and illegal foreign cash because donors giving individual sums of $200 or less don't have to be publicly reported. Consider the cases of Obama donors "Doodad Pro" of Nunda, N.Y., who gave $17,130, and "Good Will" of Austin, Texas (http://www.newsweek.com/related.aspx?subject=Austin+%28Texas%29), who gave more than $11,000—both in excess of the $2,300-per-person federal limit. In two recent letters to the Obama campaign, Federal Election Commission auditors flagged those (and other) donors and informed the campaign that the sums had to be returned. Neither name had ever been publicly reported because both individuals made online donations in $10 and $25 increments. "Good Will" listed his employer as "Loving" and his occupation as "You," while supplying as his address 1015 Norwood Park Boulevard, which is shared by the Austin nonprofit Goodwill Industries. Suzanha Burmeister, marketing director for Goodwill, said the group had "no clue" who the donor was. She added, however, that the group had received five puzzling thank-you letters from the Obama campaign this year, prompting it to send the campaign an e-mail in September pointing out the apparent fraudulent use of its name.
"Doodad Pro" listed no occupation or employer; the contributor's listed address is shared by Lloyd and Lynn's Liquor Store in Nunda. "I have never heard of such an individual," says Diane Beardsley, who works at the store and is the mother of one of the owners. "Nobody at this store has that much money to contribute." (She added that a Doodad's Boutique, located next door, had closed a year ago, before the donations were made.)

Newsweek Liberal Mag (http://www.newsweek.com/id/162403)

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 07:02 PM
doesn't that article say the donations were returned? You think mccains campaign didn't receive any donations in a similar fashion?

Whet
10/5/2008, 09:13 PM
only afer the cheatin' Obama campaign was called out by FEC

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 09:38 PM
only afer the cheatin' Obama campaign was called out by FEC

Could you please answer the question as to whether or not McCain's campaign received similar donations?

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 09:40 PM
Could you please answer the question as to whether or not McCain's campaign received similar donations?

No, McCain does not cavort with, nor accept contributions from known terrorist, only Brack does that. :P :P :P

...what was it this was all about again? :D

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 09:49 PM
No, McCain does not cavort with, nor accept contributions from known terrorist, only Brack does that. :P :P :P

...what was it this was all about again? :D

Sit right there, Imma come kick you in the beanbag. :P

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 09:54 PM
Sit right there, Imma come kick you in the beanbag. :P

:D