PDA

View Full Version : Willie Horton driving a swift boat down the Potomac river

JohnnyMack
10/3/2008, 10:01 PM
So, how long until McCain turns them loose?

I say about a week from now, once the polling data after the second debate is released.

Curly Bill
10/3/2008, 10:11 PM
YAWN

KC//CRIMSON
10/3/2008, 10:13 PM
Oh gosh-darn JohnnyMAck don'tcha know!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/SlowNomad/081002-Biden-PalinDebate.jpg

texas bandman
10/3/2008, 10:59 PM
There you go again Joe....:cool:

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 11:05 PM
There you go again Joe....:cool:

I knew Ronald Reagan, and you, Caribou Barbie, are no Ronald Reagan.

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 11:10 PM
Does anybody wonder if the sudden drop in gas prices is a ploy by the oil companies to boost McCain's chances? Seems like the same thing happened in 2004--or did W screw up the economy back then too?

Whet
10/3/2008, 11:11 PM
Alinsky method - the end justifies the means, subvert and don't let the masses know of your true intentions.

Obama answered a help-wanted ad for a position as a community organizer for the Developing Communities Project (DCP) of the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) in Chicago. Obama was 24 years old, unmarried, and according to his memoir, searching for a genuine African-American community.

Both the CCRC and the DCP were built on the Alinsky model of community agitation, wherein paid organizers learned how to "rub raw the sores of discontent," in Alinsky's words.

One of Obama's early mentors in the Alinsky method was Mike Kruglik, who had this to say (http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=7004) to an interviewer of The New Republic, about Obama:

"He was a natural, the undisputed master of agitation, who could engage a room full of recruiting targets in a rapid-fire Socratic dialogue, nudging them to admit that they were not living up to their own standards. As with the panhandler, he could be aggressive and confrontational. With probing, sometimes personal questions, he would pinpoint the source of pain in their lives, tearing down their egos just enough before dangling a carrot of hope that they could make things better."

The agitator's job, according to Alinsky, is first to bring folks to the "realization" that they are indeed miserable, that their misery is the fault of unresponsive governments or greedy corporations, then help them to bond together to demand what they deserve, and to make such an almighty stink that the dastardly governments and corporations will see imminent "self-interest" in granting whatever it is that will cause the harassment to cease.

In these methods, euphemistically labeled "community organizing," Obama had a four-year education, which he often says was the best education he ever got anywhere.

A Sooner in Texas
10/3/2008, 11:12 PM
Does anybody wonder if the sudden drop in gas prices is a ploy by the oil companies to boost McCain's chances? Seems like the same thing happened in 2004--or did W screw up the economy back then too?

Yes.

and Yes.

:D

Curly Bill
10/3/2008, 11:14 PM

I think Obama with a wave of his hand made it happen.

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 11:15 PM
Alinsky method - the end justifies the means, subvert and don't let the masses know of your true intentions.

This Alinksy guy must work on Wall Street.

Whet
10/3/2008, 11:23 PM
I guess it is easier to keep one's head buried in the sand and refuse to learn about dangerous people.

Curly Bill
10/3/2008, 11:26 PM
I guess it is easier to keep one's head buried in the sand and refuse to learn about dangerous people.

They don't have a conscious choice in the matter, they're under the spell. :D

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 11:30 PM

The fascists haven't worked out too well, I'm willing to give the communists a chance.

King Crimson
10/3/2008, 11:31 PM
so, this is or isn't a Roger Aisles thread?

Curly Bill
10/3/2008, 11:34 PM
The fascists haven't worked out too well, I'm willing to give the communists a chance.

:D fair enough!

Jerk
10/4/2008, 05:21 AM
I still don't understand why liberals were so offended by the Willie Horten ads.

soonerscuba
10/4/2008, 09:32 AM
I guess it is easier to keep one's head buried in the sand and refuse to learn about dangerous people.Aw, how cute. Whet managed a post without an article from a blog or silly picture, keep up the good work, champ!

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 10:18 AM
YAWN

Yep, the same type of posts by the same person become old and tired after a year.

Whet
10/4/2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.theobamafile.com/_images/obamaelitist.jpg

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 10:54 AM
Yep, the same type of posts by the same person become old and tired after a year.

So you don't think it's gonna happen?

lexsooner
10/4/2008, 11:09 AM
I like John McCain even though I am not going to vote for him. I view him as having integrity, so I really don't think he will run some fear-mongering ads or make any comparable personal attacks on Obama. I would really like to think there is a point where he will see the writing on the wall, if that has not yet happened, and just go through the motions the rest of the way and then concede on Election night gracefully. I truly do not want to see him stoop as low as w, Daddy Bush or some of the others.

OklaPony
10/4/2008, 11:17 AM
...I truly do not want to see him stoop as low as w, Daddy Bush or some of the others.
For the sake of clarity, I'd be interested to know exactly what you mean by this part of your statement.

lexsooner
10/4/2008, 11:22 AM
For the sake of clarity, I'd be interested to know exactly what you mean by this part of your statement.

Willie and Swift boat ads.

OklaPony
10/4/2008, 11:24 AM
Willie and Swift boat ads.

OK, and "some of the others"?

lexsooner
10/4/2008, 11:44 AM
OK, and "some of the others"?

Flower girl by LBJ v. Goldwater; my opponent is a Commie letters, distributed by Nixon's people on election eve, US Senate race, Cali; my opponent Daniel Mongiardo is gay, and ads showing his opponent Scotty Baesler being thanking by sombrero-wearing Mexicans for supporting NAFTA, two different US Senate races, both products of Senator Jim Bunning, Kentucky; ad with white blonde woman inferring sexual relationship with African American Harold Ford, Tennessee US Senate race . . . .

OklaPony
10/4/2008, 11:51 AM
Flower girl by LBJ v. Goldwater; my opponent is a Commie letters, distributed by Nixon's people on election eve, US Senate race, Cali; my opponent Daniel Mongiardo is gay, and ads showing his opponent Scotty Baesler being thanking by sombrero-wearing Mexicans for supporting NAFTA, two different US Senate races, both products of Senator Jim Bunning, Kentucky; ad with white blonde woman inferring sexual relationship with African American Harold Ford, Tennessee US Senate race . . . .

I thought maybe you were going to point out Stephanopoulos being "lucky" enough to get through on CNN's live call-in to GHWB a few days before the 1992 election.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 01:22 PM
Hey I'm not saying low class ads are solely the property of the Republican party, rather now that McCain is behind the 8 ball, I just wonder how low he'll stoop? He said early on that he was going to run a clean campaign. We'll see how desperate he gets in the coming weeks.

Jerk
10/4/2008, 01:26 PM
I still don't understand why liberals are so offended by the Willie Horten ads.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 01:32 PM
I still don't understand why liberals are so offended by the Willie Horten ads.

While I won't admit to being a "liberal", I never said I was offended by the ad. Can you try and answer my original question?

Jerk
10/4/2008, 01:34 PM
Can you try and answer my original question?

No.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 01:49 PM
No.

Werd.

OUthunder
10/4/2008, 04:13 PM
So you don't think it's gonna happen?

Don't really care.

Howzit
10/4/2008, 04:38 PM
Palin hits Obama for 'terrorist' connection (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/04/palin-hits-obama-for-terrorist-connection/)

(CNN) – The McCain campaign is delivering on its announcement to step up attacks on Sen. Barack Obama with little more than a month until Election Day.

Referring to Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin accused Obama of associating “with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Speaking at a fund-raising event in Colorado Saturday, Palin said: “This is not a man who sees America as you and I do – as the greatest force for good in the world,” Palin said, according to a statement released by the McCain-Palin campaign. “This is someone who sees American as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Palin was reacting to a New York Times article (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/us/politics/04ayers.html?) published Friday about the Democratic nominee’s association with Ayers, a member of the 1960’s radical group the Weathermen. The group was involved in bombings of the Pentagon and the Capitol but federal criminal charges against Ayers were eventually dropped. Ayers hosted an event in 1995 where Illinois State Senator Alice Palmer introduced Obama as the person she had chosen to succeed her because she was running for Congress. The two men were members of the same charitable board in Chicago. According to a campaign spokesman quoted in the Times story, Obama and Ayres have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama became a U.S. Senator in 2005. The newspaper says the two last met more than a year ago when they bumped into each other on the street in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood where they both live.

The Obama campaign responded swiftly to Palin’s comments. “Governor Palin’s comments, while offensive, are not surprising, given the McCain campaign’s statement this morning that they would be launching Swiftboat-like attacks in hopes of deflecting attention from the nation’s economic ills.” Obama-Biden spokesman Hari Sevugan said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign. “In fact, the very newspaper story Governor Palin cited in hurling her shameless attack made clear that Senator Obama is not close to Bill Ayers, much less ‘pals,’ and that he has strongly condemned the despicable acts Ayers committed 40 years ago, when Obama was eight. What’s clear is that John McCain and Sarah Palin would rather spend their time tearing down Barack Obama than laying out a plan to build up our economy,” Sevugan added.

According to an article in the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/03/AR2008100303738_pf.html), the McCain campaign has decided to take a much more aggressive approach during the remainder of the campaign that will refocus attention away from the country’s troubled economy and onto issues of Obama’s character, judgment, and personal associations.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2008, 05:15 PM
So, today would be the answer? Cool.

lexsooner
10/4/2008, 07:41 PM
Ok, well, I am very disappointed with John McCain. I thought he was above such actions. It won't matter, because these personal attacks come too little, too late. And to have a lightweight like Palin deliver these attacks is even weaker. People have largely made up their minds on who to support, and Obama is going to be the next President of the United States.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 07:52 PM
Ok, well, I am very disappointed with John McCain. I thought he was above such actions. It won't matter, because these personal attacks come too little, too late. And to have a lightweight like Palin deliver these attacks is even weaker. People have largely made up their minds on who to support, and Obama is going to be the next President of the United States.

Does that make you all tingly?

Veritas
10/4/2008, 09:02 PM
While I won't admit to being a "liberal"...
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... ;)

Chuck Bao
10/4/2008, 10:16 PM
Speaking at a fund-raising event in Colorado Saturday, Palin said: “This is not a man who sees America as you and I do – as the greatest force for good in the world,” Palin said, according to a statement released by the McCain-Palin campaign. “This is someone who sees American as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who targeted their own country.”

Forget the terrorists. Palin is so freaking scary.

“Greatest force for good in the world” is code for what?

Does she realize what she is saying? Do her handlers?

Does she know how that plays elsewhere in the world?

Does she know that she is already on the world stage and if she becomes the VP her very narrow world view will be used against her and the US?

Besides that how does she define “good”? Democracy? Capitalism? Christian values? American corporate interests?

Oh and the smile and the wink. Scary.

Jerk
10/4/2008, 10:25 PM
Forget the terrorists. Palin is so freaking scary.

Really? A 44 year old mom is more 'scary' than the guys who flew airplanes into buildings?

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, seeing as how you cried and wet yourself after Barry's nomination speech.

Jerk
10/4/2008, 10:30 PM
Less 'scary' than Palin?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7651231.stm

Jerk
10/4/2008, 10:31 PM
It would be a wet dream of mine to see our feminists live under the rule of those wahabi mother****ers.

What you liberals don't realize is that if those ****ers took over, you'd be the first to hang.

Ironic, considering you are their enablers.

Chuck Bao
10/4/2008, 10:41 PM
Really? A 44 year old mom is more 'scary' than the guys who flew airplanes into buildings?

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, seeing as how you cried and wet yourself after Barry's nomination speech.

Seriously? A potential vice president of the US spouting off such nonsense? And that is not scary to you?

Never mind me. I drink a lot of whisky coke and I occasionally get silly drunk. I m pretty silly now but I think Im on topic.

Chuck Bao
10/4/2008, 10:47 PM
It would be a wet dream of mine to see our feminists live under the rule of those wahabi mother****ers.

What you liberals don't realize is that if those ****ers took over, you'd be the first to hang.

Ironic, considering you are their enablers.

You must be drunkier than me.

Edited: You must be drunkier than I am.

Vaevictis
10/4/2008, 11:18 PM
Less 'scary' than Palin?

"Scary" is not just a function of their views. It's also a function of how likely they are to be able to impose them on you.

Crazy muslim extremist has a lower probability of enforcing his views on me than a certain Alaskan governor.

jdsooner
10/5/2008, 12:23 AM
Palin's comments are despicable and desperate. They also prove that she is not a maverick; she is just a typical politician who is willin' to say anything to get elected. (Wink!)

Jerk
10/5/2008, 08:46 AM
"Scary" is not just a function of their views. It's also a function of how likely they are to be able to impose them on you.

Crazy muslim extremist has a lower probability of enforcing his views on me than a certain Alaskan governor.

Sounds like yall need to stock up on guns and ammo, just in case the government ever gets tyrannical.

Wait, your side doesn't believe in that. Is this so liberals can enforce their views on me and not get shot? You know, massive redistribution of wealth and property might irk people.

Vaevictis
10/5/2008, 01:40 PM
Sounds like yall need to stock up on guns and ammo, just in case the government ever gets tyrannical.

If I ever need guns to use against the government, I don't think I'll have any real trouble getting them, irrespective of their legality.

Wait, your side doesn't believe in that. Is this so liberals can enforce their views on me and not get shot? You know, massive redistribution of wealth and property might irk people.

It ain't going to be the liberals (or conservatives, or whoever else is voting) enforcing their views on you and getting shot.

It's going to be some shmuck in a uniform who might be of any political persuasion.

So no, I don't think that's why some liberals are anti-gun.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 02:12 PM
The reason Jerk beats off to pictures of Sarah Palin is that she's got ties to separationist sects (AIP) and belongs to a church that believes the end times are near. While that may play well around these parts, I can assure you her views don't reflect the majority of Americans.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:15 PM
The reason Jerk beats off to pictures of Sarah Palin is that she's got ties to separationist sects (AIP) and belongs to a church that believes the end times are near. While that may play well around these parts, I can assure you her views don't reflect the majority of Americans.

...but I guess the church Brack belonged to for 20 years until it was no longer politically expedient does represent the views of the majority of Americans?

Viking Kitten
10/5/2008, 02:15 PM
In all fairness, I believe the reason these guys beat off to Sarah Palin is because she really is a nice looking woman.

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 02:19 PM
...but I guess the church Brack belonged to for 20 years until it was no longer politically expedient does represent the views of the majority of Americans?

No different than Palin distancing herself from the AIP once she got into politics. Do you think it's a coincidence her husband left the party once she ran for public office? :D

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:22 PM
No different than Palin distancing herself from the AIP once she got into politics. Do you think it's a coincidence her husband left the party once she ran for public office? :D

Beats me... I just wanted to point out that when it comes to church affiliation your boy's not without mud on his shoes.

Vaevictis
10/5/2008, 02:24 PM
Beats me... I just wanted to point out that when it comes to church affiliation your boy's not without mud on his shoes.

They're all politicians. They all have mud on their shoes.

Funny how it only seems to matter when it's the other guy though, right? :D

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 02:26 PM

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:27 PM

Glad you pointed this out...

...because it allows me to say that it's not the pubs that are trying to paint themselves as a different kind of politician, that would be your guy! You know change and all that! Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Vaevictis
10/5/2008, 02:29 PM
Glad you pointed this out...

...because it allows me to say that it's not the pubs that are trying to paint themselves as a different kind of politician, that would be your guy! You know change and all that! Yeah right...:rolleyes:

MAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKLA LALAICAN'THEARYOU!@#

;)

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:30 PM
MAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKMAVERICKLA LALAICAN'THEARYOU!@#

;)

You can do better then that. Come on -- tell me how Brack's a different kind of politician.

Vaevictis
10/5/2008, 02:39 PM
You can do better then that. Come on -- tell me how Brack's a different kind of politician.

Nope, I think Barack's a pretty standard politician. I just happen to think he's considerably more competent at it than the sitting President, Gov. Palin, and probably even Sen. McCain.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 02:41 PM
Nope, I think Barack's a pretty standard politician. I just happen to think he's considerably more competent at it than the sitting President, Gov. Palin, and probably even Sen. McCain.

All you can do is think that though, we certainly have no proof of it.

...I will give ya that he's more competent then the sitting Pres., who wouldnt be. :(

Vaevictis
10/5/2008, 02:53 PM
All you can do is think that though, we certainly have no proof of it.

This is true, but ultimately, we vote based on what we know and believe.

Jerk
10/5/2008, 03:12 PM
This is true, but ultimately, we vote based on what we know and believe.

Either that (in an ideal world), or we vote on who will give us the most goodies from the public treasury. Millions do.

Keep working. They depend on you.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 05:01 PM
Either that (in an ideal world), or we vote on who will give us the most goodies from the public treasury. Millions do.

Keep working. They depend on you.

Yup, I'm not gonna threaten to leave the country like the libs do if a pub wins, I'm gonna threaten to quit working. I figure under a Brack presidency I'll be better off that way.

Jerk
10/5/2008, 05:37 PM
Yup, I'm not gonna threaten to leave the country like the libs do if a pub wins, I'm gonna threaten to quit working. I figure under a Brack presidency I'll be better off that way.

No sh*t. If Barry wins, you might as well ride the wagon, not pull it.

Jerk
10/5/2008, 05:42 PM
Seriously, I have been thinking about where to go if things go to sh*t here. Funny thing is, they're further left than we are. I figure either Finland or New Zealand would be nice. NZ would be the better option since I wouldn't have to learn a new language. But Finland has some cool gun laws, and probably always will since Russia is on their boarder.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 05:53 PM
Seriously, I have been thinking about where to go if things go to sh*t here. Funny thing is, they're further left than we are. I figure either Finland or New Zealand would be nice. NZ would be the better option since I wouldn't have to learn a new language. But Finland has some cool gun laws, and probably always will since Russia is on their boarder.

Could we all maybe pitch in and buy our own island? You know, call it Flying Dickwheel Island or whatever?

Jerk
10/5/2008, 06:07 PM
Could we all maybe pitch in and buy our own island? You know, call it Flying Dickwheel Island or whatever?

Wouldn't that be great? I want to live in a country where the government is afraid of the people, not the other way around.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't that be great? I want to live in a country where the government is afraid of the people, not the other way around.

yup

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2008, 10:00 PM
You two should get an island, declare English the official language, make Evangelical Christianity the only acceptable religion, make the legal drinking age 16, make all forms of weapons legal to anyone with no background checks or waiting periods, shoot any and all Messicans who swim to the shores, have same day trials and executions, make boob jobs for wimmins free upon request and have all bedsheets be U.S. Flags.

You'd be in heaven together.

However, some recommendations: Extend all bathroom stall walls from the ceiling to the floor, make sure your preacher has a REALLY big mansion, but never go there after dark or allow your children anywhere near him, legalize drugs so you don't have to worry about any of those scandals and never, ever, say anything on tape or get interviewed by anyone who doesn't completely love you and wanna have your babies.

Like Sean Hannity.

Big Red Ron
10/5/2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the fact that he worked for ACORN, Ayers (yes, the terrorist) and attended an anti American racist church has NO place in a campaign that will decide who will be leader of the free world. It's absolutely none of American voter's business as to weather or not Barrack has personally been involved in voter fraud and done legal work for people that intimidated banker's and their families to make risky loans to unqualified borrowers. This is no place to discuss these facts.

Don't you people know, you're not supposed to care what type of person your potentially voting for. Bush's 30 year old beer whiskey drinkin, yes. Obama's cocaine use, no.

LosAngelesSooner
10/5/2008, 10:18 PM
Don't come in here and ruin Curly Bill and Jerk's romance.

Big Red Ron
10/5/2008, 10:19 PM
Don't come in here and ruin Curly Bill and Jerk's romance.
Sorry.

GottaHavePride
10/5/2008, 10:25 PM
Every time I see this thread title I wind up thinking it's the first line of some sort of rhyme.

Seven little chipmunks twirling on a branch! Eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch!

You know that old children's tale from the sea!

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the fact that he worked for ACORN, Ayers (yes, the terrorist) and attended an anti American racist church has NO place in a campaign that will decide who will be leader of the free world. It's absolutely none of American voter's business as to weather or not Barrack has personally been involved in voter fraud and done legal work for people that intimidated banker's and their families to make risky loans to unqualified borrowers. This is no place to discuss these facts.

Don't you people know, you're not supposed to care what type of person your potentially voting for. Bush's 30 year old beer whiskey drinkin, yes. Obama's cocaine use, no.

I think I'm gonna have Red Herring for dinner. Sounds yummy.

BTW, how's your retirement portfolio doing for the year?

Big Red Ron
10/5/2008, 10:41 PM
I think I'm gonna have Red Herring for dinner. Sounds yummy.

BTW, how's your retirement portfolio doing for the year?
lol, no, really I am agreeing with you. These facts have no place in a Presidential campaign.

I'm pretty diverse so, not too shabby, et tu?

JohnnyMack
10/5/2008, 11:00 PM
lol, no, really I am agreeing with you. These facts have no place in a Presidential campaign.

I'm pretty diverse so, not too shabby, et tu?

Oh I agree, we shouldn't talk about the Keating 5, or John McCain's gambling problem or his adulterous ways. No matter how thin the connections are we shouldn't bring up his pill stealing wife or Vicki Iseman or anything like that.

We should also steer clear of Sarah Palin's ties to the Alaskan Independence Party, her choice of a church that among other things speaks in tongues and talks about the "end times" being upon us. And we certainly shouldn't talk about Palin being under investigation for ethics violations or her refusal to cooperate with that probe or the lawsuit she's facing for using her personal e mail to hide work she was doing while Governor.

Fun. Isn't it?

Big Red Ron
10/5/2008, 11:13 PM
I agree that we shouldn't talk compare silly things to serious character flaws too.

PDXsooner
10/6/2008, 12:07 AM
Wait, your side doesn't believe in that. .

oh, you're one of those guys? "my side", "your side"...

PDXsooner
10/6/2008, 12:08 AM
You two should get an island, declare English the official language, make Evangelical Christianity the only acceptable religion, make the legal drinking age 16, make all forms of weapons legal to anyone with no background checks or waiting periods, shoot any and all Messicans who swim to the shores, have same day trials and executions, make boob jobs for wimmins free upon request and have all bedsheets be U.S. Flags.

You'd be in heaven together.

However, some recommendations: Extend all bathroom stall walls from the ceiling to the floor, make sure your preacher has a REALLY big mansion, but never go there after dark or allow your children anywhere near him, legalize drugs so you don't have to worry about any of those scandals and never, ever, say anything on tape or get interviewed by anyone who doesn't completely love you and wanna have your babies.

Like Sean Hannity.

ha ha, great one.

Jerk
10/6/2008, 05:49 AM
oh, you're one of those guys? "my side", "your side"...

Yeah, I tend to see the world that way when half the population wants the government to run our day to day lives.

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I tend to see the world that way when half the population wants the government to run our day to day lives.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2008, 09:29 AM
Dichotomies, that's what you guys like.

SoonerRedHead
10/6/2008, 09:34 AM
Is it important at all to remember that algore is actually the one that uncovered Willie Horton?

:pop:

OUthunder
10/6/2008, 10:33 AM

At least she believes in something. What do you believe in?

That's right, government handouts and entitlement programs.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2008, 11:16 AM

What is it you think I get from the gubmint in terms of handouts and entitlements? Since you know me so well, what do I take from them? Come on genius, spit it out. Spit out your rhetoric.

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 11:20 AM
What is it you think I get from the gubmint in terms of handouts and entitlements? Since you know me so well, what do I take from them? Come on genius, spit it out. Spit out your rhetoric.
I'm not sure you accept or will qualify for any of the 75 billion in new spending programs in Obama's plan but you sure as heck are supporting them by voting for him.

soonerscuba
10/6/2008, 11:21 AM

Don't forget teaching hot man-on-pumpkin action to kindergartners.

Vaevictis
10/6/2008, 11:25 AM

I'm sorry, what? Is the metric now simply whether someone believes in something or not?

You might want to come up with something better, because I'm pretty sure Bin Laden believes in something too. (Not to mention Stalin, Hitler, etc...)

Vaevictis
10/6/2008, 11:32 AM
Oh, hey. I mentioned Hitler.

Is it possible to invoke Godwin's Law and end this turd of a thread?

JohnnyMack
10/6/2008, 02:17 PM
So now that the DJIA is in the toilet again will McCain's strategy of going personal against Obama work or will it be seen as a distraction, a red herring?

Condescending Sooner
10/6/2008, 04:44 PM
I think McCain needs to air an ad stating "the last time we had a liberal president along with a democratic congress was" and show a large picture of Jimmah Carter. That is a true statement and would send shivers down the spine of any voter over 45. That is any voter not totally delusional with Obamamania.

Jerk
10/6/2008, 05:35 PM
I think McCain needs to air an ad stating "the last time we had a liberal president along with a democratic congress was" and show a large picture of Jimmah Carter. That is a true statement and would send shivers down the spine of any voter over 45. That is any voter not totally delusional with Obamamania.

The last time was 1992-1994. They tried to nationalize health care, they banned so-called "assault-weapons" (which was a ban on cosmetic features of rifles that looked evil, but weren't really assault weapons by definition) and they passed Clinton's tax increases. They were replaced by the Republicans in the next election.

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 06:10 PM
The last time was 1992-1994. They tried to nationalize health care, they banned so-called "assault-weapons" (which was a ban on cosmetic features of rifles that looked evil, but weren't really assault weapons by definition) and they passed Clinton's tax increases. They were replaced by the Republicans in the next election.
Indeed, this is the exact reason that some "conservatives" are not voting for McCain. They see a new Republican Revolution coming and given the below 10% approval of the legislature, they might be right.

Jerk
10/6/2008, 06:37 PM
Indeed, this is the exact reason that some "conservatives" are not voting for McCain. They see a new Republican Revolution coming and given the below 10% approval of the legislature, they might be right.

They'll go too far left, and there will be a backlash. Americans traditionally hate one-party rule, anyway. The pendulum swings back and forth. I remember reading US News in 1995 saying that liberalism was dead. I also remember that same thing being said after the 2004 elections. Now they're riding sky high and some people wonder if conservatism is still a viable political movement. yeah, it will come back. You've just got to wait for the other side to over-do it. They'll try something stupid and it will **** a lot of people off.

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 06:39 PM
They'll go too far left, and there will be a backlash. Americans traditionally hate one-party rule, anyway. The pendulum swings back and forth. I remember reading US News in 1995 saying that liberalism was dead. I also remember that same thing being said after the 2004 elections. Now they're riding sky high and some people wonder if conservatism is still a viable political movement. yeah, it will come back. You've just got to wait for the other side to over-do it. They'll try something stupid and it will **** a lot of people off.
I kind of agree, however, liberalism hides behind new names like progressive and change. It's a farce.

Jerk
10/6/2008, 06:45 PM
I kind of agree, however, liberalism hides behind new names like progressive and change. It's a farce.

Exactly. There's nothing new about what Obama is preaching. It's the same basic message since 1848.

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2008, 07:13 PM
Is there room on the island for BRR?

Curly Bill
10/6/2008, 07:24 PM
Is there room on the island for BRR?

Yup, and we'll have a cool name for our island...unlike the Brack followers who merely appropriated Fantasy Island for the name of their own utopian little dream. :D

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 07:25 PM
Exactly. There's nothing new about what Obama is preaching. It's the same basic message since 1848.Very astute Sir, Karl woulda been thirty.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Karl_Marx_001.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Karl_Marx_001.jpg)

Big Red Ron
10/6/2008, 07:26 PM
I just realized that he, like obama looks half white/black.

Curly Bill
10/6/2008, 07:30 PM
I just realized that he, like obama looks half white/black.

I see what you're saying here: Brack is predisposed to being a socialist, so it's not really his fault. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/6/2008, 07:38 PM
Yup, and we'll have a cool name for our island...unlike the Brack followers who merely appropriated Fantasy Island for the name of their own utopian little dream. :DI don't wanna be on either of your islands.

Their's will have too many rainbows and dreams and will take away all my hard earned money while yours will have too much closeted homosexuality and overcompensating aggression with a failing economy.

Jerk
10/6/2008, 09:06 PM
My little fantasy island is a Republic, not a democracy. People are guaranteed certain individual rights, like, uh, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to defend life and property, due process, etc. And these rights can't be voted away by a majority of the people. Awesome, huh? I'm trying to remember who gave me this idea...??

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2008, 12:56 AM
My little fantasy island is a Republic, not a democracy. People are guaranteed certain individual rights, like, uh, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to defend life and property, due process, etc. And these rights can't be voted away by a majority of the people. Awesome, huh? I'm trying to remember who gave me this idea...??So you're angry at Bush for suspending Habeus Corpus and forgoeing due process? And you're in favor of freedom FROM religion as well as freedom of ANY religion, freedom of any and all speech including burning the flag, peeing on the crucifix, talking about killing the president of your island, etc...etc...?

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 09:15 AM

You tell me wise guy. You're the one blindly and vigoursly supporting the guy who's in love with entitlement programs, raising taxes, and trying to make this country as socialist as he possibly can. Not to mention he's the most liberal candidate in this country today.

It seems to me that your feelings are pretty easy to figure out and your blindness to what Obama really stands for is sad and pathetic.

You and I can agree on one thing regarding an Obama Presidency... CHANGE is a coming and it's not a good one for middle class America.

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 09:19 AM
Every time I see this thread title I wind up thinking it's the first line of some sort of rhyme.

Seven little chipmunks twirling on a branch! Eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch!

You know that old children's tale from the sea!

heh

Veritas
10/7/2008, 09:20 AM
Oh, hey. I mentioned Hitler.

Is it possible to invoke Godwin's Law and end this turd of a thread?
Maybe. What can you do to insure a Nebraska win in Norman. ;)

Sigh. Some things are beyond even God.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 09:25 AM
What can you do to insure a Nebraska win in Norman. ;)

Hijack our team bus and drive them to Mexico?

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 09:26 AM
You tell me wise guy. You're the one blindly and vigoursly supporting the guy who's in love with entitlement programs, raising taxes, and trying to make this country as socialist as he possibly can. Not to mention he's the most liberal candidate in this country today.

It seems to me that your feelings are pretty easy to figure out and your blindness to what Obama really stands for is sad and pathetic.

You and I can agree on one thing regarding an Obama Presidency... CHANGE is a coming and it's not a good one for middle class America.

Good job.

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 09:27 AM
Good job.

I know.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 09:43 AM
I know.

You betcha. *winks*

You're a Maverick!

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 10:56 AM

you should try to expand your paradigm and not see things in such black & white.

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 12:55 PM
You betcha. *winks*

You're a Maverick!

CHANGE. *Smoking a KOOL*

OUthunder
10/7/2008, 12:55 PM
you should try to expand your paradigm and not see things in such black & white.

Yep, don't wanna leave out the messicans.:rolleyes:

Veritas
10/7/2008, 01:07 PM
Would that be like a paradigm shift initiated by the synergistic effects of global perspectives vis a vis identification of emerging taxonomies?

Vaevictis
10/7/2008, 01:13 PM
Would that be like a paradigm shift initiated by the synergistic effects of global perspectives vis a vis identification of emerging taxonomies?

BINGO!

LosAngelesSooner
10/7/2008, 01:38 PM
Would that be like a paradigm shift initiated by the synergistic effects of global perspectives vis a vis identification of emerging taxonomies?BIG WORDS!

Yep, don't wanna leave out the messicans.:rolleyes:Little words.

SoonerBorn68
10/7/2008, 02:11 PM
You betcha. *winks*

You're a Maverick!

You're a sheep. Bahhhh.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 02:15 PM
You're a sheep. Bahhhh.

You betcha!

*winks*

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 02:31 PM

wow, you're smart!

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 03:06 PM
"Sooner or later people are going to figure out that if all you run is negative attack ads you don't have much of a vision for the future, or you're not ready to articulate it."

John S. McCain
February 21, 2000

Where have you gone, John McCain?

Condescending Sooner
10/7/2008, 03:48 PM
McCain is fighting against unforseen enemies. Who would have thought the economy would go in the tank so quickly and that the voting public is so uninformed that they think it is somehow his fault. A lot of voters completely ignore the facts and causes of the crisis.

C&CDean
10/7/2008, 03:54 PM
Where have you gone, John McCain?

He's out tanking the economy. DOH.

picasso
10/7/2008, 03:59 PM
McCain is fighting against unforseen enemies. Who would have thought the economy would go in the tank so quickly and that the voting public is so uninformed that they think it is somehow his fault. A lot of voters completely ignore the facts and causes of the crisis.

a lot of voters don't understand good change compared to bad change.

or chump change.

picasso
10/7/2008, 04:00 PM
McCain is trying out trying to explain to the BBC that he really was tortured in Hanoi.

JohnnyMack
10/7/2008, 04:08 PM

McCain's problem isn't the economy, rather the way he chose to handle it. His decisions at the outset of this recent crisis seemed erratic to many. His poll numbers slipping he chooses this weekend to announce this past weekend that "the gloves are off" and that it's time to get personal as talking policy it was conceded, wasn't going to win the election. The djia promptly dumps 500+ points the afternoon before the biggest debate of his life. I think BHO might just point out McCain's words about not being that well versed on the economy back in the primary season and will roll out the "fundamentals of the economy are strong" line again tonight. I don't think people are blaming the economic mess on McCain rather polling info. suggests (right or wrong) that they think BHO would handle it better than McCain would.

I think if we had experienced a terrorist attack on our soil instead of the economic crash we've seen John McCain would probably win the election easily. It's isn't necessarily fair or even right, rather a glimpse at the psyche of the populace.

Condescending Sooner
10/7/2008, 04:22 PM
McCain's problem isn't the economy, rather the way he chose to handle it. His decisions at the outset of this recent crisis seemed erratic to many. His poll numbers slipping he chooses this weekend to announce this past weekend that "the gloves are off" and that it's time to get personal as talking policy it was conceded, wasn't going to win the election. The djia promptly dumps 500+ points the afternoon before the biggest debate of his life. I think BHO might just point out McCain's words about not being that well versed on the economy back in the primary season and will roll out the "fundamentals of the economy are strong" line again tonight. I don't think people are blaming the economic mess on McCain rather polling info. suggests (right or wrong) that they think BHO would handle it better than McCain would.

I think if we had experienced a terrorist attack on our soil instead of the economic crash we've seen John McCain would probably win the election easily. It's isn't necessarily fair or even right, rather a glimpse at the psyche of the populace.

If they think Obama would handle the economy better than McCain, they are incredibly uninformed. Don't they even look at history or voting records? Welcome to Jimmy Carter part deaux.

soonerscuba
10/7/2008, 04:53 PM
If they think Obama would handle the economy better than McCain, they are incredibly uninformed. Don't they even look at history or voting records? Welcome to Jimmy Carter part deaux.Heh, tell us, sage master, what will the economy be like if Obama is elected? Be specific. After that, tell us how it will be different under McCain.

I remember these same folks yammering in 1992 that Clinton was going to tax them out of existence (cue 1994 reference), and then in 2000 how we were all going to be rich because of W's tax breaks. You're blowing smoke out your *** if you think you know one way or another. Basically you're a complete and total liar if you think you're informed, no one is, including the candidates.

SoonerInKCMO
10/7/2008, 05:55 PM
If they think Obama would handle the economy better than McCain, they are incredibly uninformed. Don't they even look at history or voting records? Welcome to Jimmy Carter part deaux.

I guess all those professional economists that The Economist (http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12342127) polled must be incredibly uninformed about economics.

Vaevictis
10/7/2008, 05:57 PM
I guess all those professional economists that The Economist (http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12342127) polled must be incredibly uninformed about economics.

Bah, why do you even try? There's no point in arguing with someone about their religion.

SoonerInKCMO
10/7/2008, 06:00 PM
Because, someday, someone will change their mind based on a message board post - and I want to be a part of it. ;)

mdklatt
10/7/2008, 06:05 PM

There's a pretty strong anti-pub bias in that poll--only 10% of respondents indentified themselves as pubs. Political affiliation and economic philosophy are certainly not independent variables, i.e. if you're a trickle-down economist you're not very likely to consider yourself a dem. Still, almost all of the independent respondents sided with the dems.

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 06:40 PM

by history do you include the last 8 years?

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 06:41 PM
There's a pretty strong anti-pub bias in that poll--only 10% of respondents indentified themselves as pubs. Political affiliation and economic philosophy are certainly not independent variables, i.e. if you're a trickle-down economist you're not very likely to consider yourself a dem. Still, almost all of the independent respondents sided with the dems.

when you don't agree with the information, ATTACK THE SOURCE!!!

mdklatt
10/7/2008, 06:55 PM
when you don't agree with the information, ATTACK THE SOURCE!!!

If you're implying that I'm in the bag for the pubs, you couldn't be more wrong. However, I'm not a partisan hack who's unwilling to call a spade a spade. If you read the Economist article, they admit upfront that it's not a scientific poll.

lexsooner
10/7/2008, 07:02 PM

Say what? The voting public doesn't think it's McCain's fault. They merely think he acted like a fool in response to the crisis by posturing and trying to be a hero, and in reality coming off as a hollow poser. Suspend the campaigning and debate? Sheesh! I'm glad Obama didn't bite on that one. McCain really hurt himself in the public's opinion by coming off as rash and reactive. Obama came off as Mr. Cool and in control.

PDXsooner
10/7/2008, 07:13 PM
If you're implying that I'm in the bag for the pubs, you couldn't be more wrong. However, I'm not a partisan hack who's unwilling to call a spade a spade. If you read the Economist article, they admit upfront that it's not a scientific poll.

that's fair. i have a quick trigger for "partisan hacks" who love to reference sources for their propoganda, and then question any and all sources that contradict their own beliefs. didn't mean to stick you in that group...

Condescending Sooner
10/8/2008, 09:39 AM
Obama's message and vision is tax the rich and punish the corporations. This has been tried before and it was a dismal failure. (Jimmy Carter). If you don't understand that, you are in denial.

JohnnyMack
10/8/2008, 09:42 AM
You should run for POTUS. You're really smart. And stuff.