PDA

View Full Version : Circuit City Extended Warranty

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2008, 11:40 AM
My one year factory warranty runs out on 11/29, and I got a letter in the mail from CC about purchasing an extended warranty..Its on 57" Mitsubishi DLP 1080p telly....

Anyway I'm considering picking one up, but I haven't heard how great/bad they are as far as taking car of stuff if you need them to..I believe one bulb change is covered in an EW(thats about 225 bucks), but other than that not sure what else....

Also not sure how long of one to purchase...2 years is about 230 bucks I believe but they do have up to 4 years as an option

frankensooner
10/3/2008, 11:58 AM
With all the moving parts in a DLP, I would probably spring for it.

Whet
10/3/2008, 04:22 PM
It's the mirrors! They get smudgy and need to be cleaned.....

badger
10/3/2008, 04:26 PM
For the most part, extended warranties are designed to rip you off and make the store extra money (Toys R Us shoppers: Do NOT buy Buyer Protection Plans, because they are so worthless they are hardly worthwhile).

Know exactly what damage it covers and doesn't before purchase. Find out if the warranty starts after purchase or after the manufacturer's warranty ends. Know the exact cost, because extended warranty's get more pricey for more pricier items. Know what the manufacturer's warranty covers and if the Circuit City one doesn't do shizzle, there you go.

Newbomb Turk
10/3/2008, 06:29 PM
If I remember correctly, 85sooner said extended warranties are a rip-off on HDTV's. But he also said not to get a DLP.

hope that helps. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/4/2008, 12:43 AM
I couldn't remember what his stance was on them but I love mine...