PDA

View Full Version : Robert Griffin vs Jake Locker

setem
10/3/2008, 11:05 AM
How would you compare the two?

Are the players surrounding Locker better, on par or worse then what Griffin has to work with?

Speed? Locker is a fast dude and we contained him how do you think Griffin will do?

Passing? I think Griffin is better but who does Locker have to throw to or is he just a bad passer? Griffin has the best QB rating right now so he has that going on.

I really do not see how Baylor can win this game. I mean OU would have to do everything wrong and Baylor do everything right. On our worst day we are better than the Bears. We saw that when we went 3 ot's with them a couple years ago with possibly the worst Sooner team in Bobs tenure.

I don't think Griffin will have over 50 yards rushing. I see another Seneca Wallace in the making. We destroyed him!

Discuss..

OUMallen
10/3/2008, 11:07 AM
I'm not too worried about him. Neither running QB was that good throwing. You go one-dimensional on the ground against OU about any year and you will lose and lose bad.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2008, 11:09 AM
Griffin is faster than Locker...More elusive...Locker runs like Tebow...

Baylor has at least 1 NFL prospect on the O line...The Finley kid at runningback is better than anything Washington has....Baylor has a WR (freshman I think) that is pretty darn good too....so I say on the O side of the ball, they are better than Washington...

Their D tho...sucketh much

JLEW1818
10/3/2008, 11:11 AM
Sooners 42
Bears 13

setem
10/3/2008, 11:14 AM
I know we are number 1 but we would def turn heads if we dropped the Goose egg on them!

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 11:14 AM
Washington may well have been the worst college football team I've ever seen play in person. They can't block, they can't tackle, and they can't catch.

Considering my last year at OU included the 1996 team, that's saying something.

Locker is a stud with no surrounding cast whatsoever and his skills are beginning to regress due to the beating he's taken.

I hate making this kind of judgement on U-Dub, because I've always liked them and sort of followed their program. But Baylor would mop the floor with Washington right now.

Apple Cup may very well end up being the worst football game ever played.

TMcGee86
10/3/2008, 11:58 AM
You go one-dimensional on the ground against OU about any year and you will lose and lose bad.

Signed,
West Virginia.

Oh wait...

Echoes
10/3/2008, 12:05 PM
Washington may well have been the worst college football team I've ever seen play in person. They can't block, they can't tackle, and they can't catch.

Locker is a stud with no surrounding cast whatsoever and his skills are beginning to regress due to the beating he's taken.

I hate making this kind of judgement on U-Dub, because I've always liked them and sort of followed their program. But Baylor would mop the floor with Washington right now.

Signed. I didn't see them in person, but still. Their blocking and tackling was horrific. You can bet on baylor being better.

Personally, I think Griffin is good. I'm not worried, but he is quite a bit better then locker in my opinion and will make better choices. We still win by 4-5 touchdowns, but Griffin is at least respectable at QB.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/3/2008, 12:11 PM
I think he a better athlete than Locker..I wouldn't say he is a better QB just yet...Right now, RG3 is more of a thrower than a passer(if that makes sense)...If OU doesn't leave out with a couple of INTs at least,I ll be surprised

boomrsoonr
10/3/2008, 12:13 PM
......If OU doesn't leave out with a couple of INTs at least,I ll be surprised

We could have done that against every team we've played so far. Coach needs to get some pine tar for those gloves!

Scott D
10/3/2008, 12:17 PM

what do you mean 'may very well'. Unless Locker heals up good and doesn't become a full time safety (see, this is a team player Eric Crouch). It's going to set the game of football back 130 years. ;)

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 12:19 PM
what do you mean 'may very well'. Unless Locker heals up good and doesn't become a full time safety (see, this is a team player Eric Crouch). It's going to set the game of football back 130 years. ;)

Hey, don't forget that Auburn and Mississippi State played a 3-2 game just a few weeks back.

It's going to take a special effort for Apple Cup to reach that level of putrescence.

I think the Huskies and Cougs have it in them, though.