PDA

View Full Version : Charles Krauthammer - Obama Passing The Reagan Threshold

JohnnyMack
10/3/2008, 10:37 AM
Charles Krauthammer writes a concession speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/10/obama_passing_the_reagan_thres.html

Wow.

SoonerAtKU
10/3/2008, 11:16 AM
In a related story, Krauthammer is the best last name I've ever heard.

Even beats mine.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 11:18 AM
I don't know, "Mine" would be a great last name.

SoonerAtKU
10/3/2008, 11:51 AM
If my last name was "Mine", I'd have a daughter named Bouncing Betty.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 12:00 PM
I feel badly for John McCain. I truly think he would have done a better job over the last eight years than President Bush.

I think he's been a dedicated public servant for his entire life and deserves our honor and respect.

Had he run vs. Gore, I likely would have voted for him.

Had he run vs. Kerry, I would have voted for him.

If he had accepted Kerry's offer to fill the VP slot, Kerry would have won in a landslide.

I would like nothing more than to see a newly-elected President Obama appoint John McCain to an advisory position. I think he still has some great advice to give.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 12:01 PM
If my last name was "Mine", I'd have a daughter named Bouncing Betty.

I'd name her
"Myava Jay Jayus"

King Crimson
10/3/2008, 12:02 PM
i don't think it's over.

King Crimson
10/3/2008, 12:07 PM
on Mike's opinion of McCain, i show a couple videos in my classes sometimes that focus on the media framing of the McCain Tobacco Bill and the 1996 Telecom Act. McCain is featured quite prominently in both. and that guy was a very respectable public servant with unpopular opinions and one of few dissenting voices about the "giveaway" of the spectrum in the 96 Act and very much a thorn in the side of Big Tobacco in the other example. Good representitive politics. In the late 90's McCain was also an advocate of low transmission radio licenses for local broadcast....which was 180 degrees opposite of FCC and industry deregulated opinion. that was admirable.

now, i don't know about this guy.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 12:12 PM
Well, it's apparent that he's taken a hard tack right in order to shore up the Republican base and to win the nomination. I don't know that I necessarily believe that the guy represented by his current campaign is the guy he really is.

I said it a few months ago-I don't think McCain would be a disaster as President at all. I just happen to think the guy running against him would be better.

SoonerProphet
10/3/2008, 03:54 PM
Krauthammer is rarely right about anything, so I wouldn't get your hopes up JM.

Condescending Sooner
10/3/2008, 04:03 PM
Well, it's apparent that he's taken a hard tack right in order to shore up the Republican base and to win the nomination. I don't know that I necessarily believe that the guy represented by his current campaign is the guy he really is.

I said it a few months ago-I don't think McCain would be a disaster as President at all. I just happen to think the guy running against him would be better.

And you are wrong. The guy you are voting for is the disaster in waiting. You think the economy is in shambles now, just wait until his new "punish the corporations and the rich" plan gets started.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2008, 04:07 PM
And you are wrong. The guy you are voting for is the disaster in waiting. You think the economy is in shambles now, just wait until his new "punish the corporations and the rich" plan gets started.

:mack:I'll answer that fer Mike!

Yeah, cause the let the corporations do whatever the **** they want strategy has worked so well.

:rolleyes:

Condescending Sooner
10/3/2008, 04:11 PM
:mack:I'll answer that fer Mike!

Yeah, cause the let the corporations do whatever the **** they want strategy has worked so well.

:rolleyes:

I suggest you talk to some business owners and quit getting your political opinions from MTV and the Enquirer.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2008, 04:16 PM
I suggest you talk to some business owners and quit getting your political opinions from MTV and the Enquirer.

OK. Thanks Dad.

Condescending Sooner
10/3/2008, 04:34 PM
OK. Thanks Dad.

You're welcome. And like most kids, I'm sure you won't listen and will have to find out the hard way that I am right.

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2008, 06:26 PM

It's pretty cool that we're going to get to find out who's right and who's wrong.

TUSooner
10/3/2008, 09:05 PM
In a related story, Krauthammer is the best last name I've ever heard.

Even beats mine.

Yeah, Krauthammer bets AtKU by a mile.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/3/2008, 10:19 PM
Krauthammer is close. the financial crisis coming to a head was the death blow. what McCain did subsequently is irrelevant. He is a Republican. And it's perceived as a "bailout for wall street pubs"

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah, this financial crisis just gave Obama the White House. Obama is one hell of a story, that is for sure. I hope he makes us all as successful as his campaign has been!

The good thing for the GOP in all this is the emergence of Palin. McCain could have won this thing if it wasn't for this mess on wall street, and it would have been Palin that did it, not Maverick.

Palin in 2012.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, this financial crisis just gave Obama the White House. Obama is one hell of a story, that is for sure. I hope he makes us all as successful as his campaign has been!

The good thing for the GOP in all this is the emergence of Palin. McCain could have won this thing if it wasn't for this mess on wall street, and it would have been Palin that did it, not Maverick.

Palin in 2012.

This is what happens when you eat paint chips, kiddos!

LosAngelesSooner
10/4/2008, 03:26 PM

Palin in 2012.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

GUFFAW...GUFFAW...GUFFAW!!!!!!!

Lord in heaven. How horribly out of touch with humanity can you consistently be.

She is an embarrassment. She's only good for the Neo-Cons (and even then, not really). Not for REAL Republicans. Not for America.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 03:29 PM
I'd vote for Angelina and Brad.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 03:43 PM
If Brack wins maybe we can at least bury the Clinton's for all time (politically speaking of course).

LosAngelesSooner
10/4/2008, 03:53 PM
If Brack wins maybe we can at least bury the Clinton's for all time (politically speaking of course).The sad/funny thing is that Dubya (in being so blindingly awful) has made Bill Clinton look like a very, very good President.

I guess he DID restore honor and dignity to the White House. Only it was the Clinton White House and it happened 7 years later.