PDA

View Full Version : btw,How does Durant come off as such a died in the wool Texas fan ???

Soonerus
10/2/2008, 11:25 PM
...he only spent one fricken year at Texas, it is not like he is a lifer..weird..

starclassic tama
10/2/2008, 11:39 PM
well i wouldn't expect him to be an OU fan

Soonerus
10/3/2008, 12:20 AM
still. that is b.s....

badger
10/3/2008, 08:58 AM
...he only spent one fricken year at Texas, it is not like he is a lifer..weird..

It was a pretty successful year, mind you. Plus, isn't he from the state of Texas? Like a lot of non-alum OU fans, it's about state pride as much as school pride, right?

He probably grew up a whorn fan and wasn't given the chance like many Texas football players to convert to the light side. It's a basketball thingy.

silverwheels
10/3/2008, 03:37 PM
It was a pretty successful year, mind you. Plus, isn't he from the state of Texas? Like a lot of non-alum OU fans, it's about state pride as much as school pride, right?

He probably grew up a whorn fan and wasn't given the chance like many Texas football players to convert to the light side. It's a basketball thingy.

I doubt that considering he is from Maryland and grew up in ACC country, where basketball is king.

BigRedJed
10/3/2008, 04:07 PM
He actually didn't attend classes there for an entire school year. I think it's just immaturity. I seriously doubt Eduardo threw out a bunch of Horn hate when he showed up to play for the Mavs. That said, if he had most of us would have been all giddy about it.

Theskipster
10/8/2008, 08:29 AM
I like it. It's not like he has been hating on the Sooners, he's just being a fan of the Longhorns.

I would hope a sooner player wouldn't become a Longhorn fan just because a Texas team drafted him. Maybe if he played for the OU Thunder it would be different, but he doesn't.

Partial Qualifier
10/14/2008, 10:24 PM
Maybe he's bitter about moving from cosmopolitan Seattle to OKC. He'll appreciate his Sooner surroundings more when he gets to play in front of a jacked-up, sold-out home court. Give him time...

TheUnnamedSooner
10/15/2008, 11:29 AM
Hey PQ, I've heard rumors that the guy in your avatar once hit a hole-in-one...

Big Red Ron
10/15/2008, 12:21 PM
He just turned 20. They gave him a scholarship and fully indoctrinated him. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Frozen Sooner
10/15/2008, 01:34 PM
I imagine his Texas love stems from the same place as my Oklahoma love.

Hand a kid a big wad of cash and they're a fan for life.

In his case, they handed him a HUGE wad of cash.