PDA

View Full Version : Utes win, final nail for SC?

Leroy Lizard
10/2/2008, 11:22 PM
With Oregon St. going down to an OOC team, does this pretty much end SC's bid for a title?

starclassic tama
10/2/2008, 11:51 PM
no. that loss really doesn't have a lot to do with USC or it's title chances. that was an evenly matched game, and utah won. SOS basically doesn't matter in the BCS anymore. if USC wins out and teams ahead of them continue to lose, they will be in the mix.

yermom
10/2/2008, 11:58 PM
i wouldn't say it doesn't matter, but it's less. SC lost early, that's better than losing late with the voters. with 12 games there aren't a lot of undefeated teams, so SC should have a good chance if they win out

it would make it that much better if the Beavers win the Pac-10 though :D

Salt City Sooner
10/3/2008, 09:24 AM
FWIW, it's now MWC 6, Pac-10, 1 (Cal over CSU).

badger
10/3/2008, 09:27 AM
Another top ten team lost last night (even if it was barely a top ten team at No. 10), so the loss means less and less every day. I know that it should matter who you lose to, but it seems like more and more, people are just looking at wins and losses overall, especially when everyone has a loss by the end of the season.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/3/2008, 10:05 AM
FWIW, it's now MWC 6, Pac-10, 1 (Cal over CSU).

Sending a shout out to Cowherd...

Whatup?

AZSOONER
10/3/2008, 04:17 PM
With Oregon St. going down to an OOC team, does this pretty much end SC's bid for a title?

Do you watch tv? as long as there are corsos of the world, usc will never be out of it. They will be the best 3 loss team to play for the title this year. (Although there will be 3 undefeated teams, 5 1 loss teams and a handfull of 2 loss teams, usc could still go because they will win the pac 10)

JLEW1818
10/3/2008, 04:25 PM
When the computer rankings come out, I think it will destroy Usc.

85sooners
10/3/2008, 04:28 PM
I SAY F THOSE BASTARDS!!

TopDawg
10/3/2008, 04:41 PM
I would've thought that the Texas Tech game would've been the final nail for us last year, but we still almost made it back in.

One loss hurts, but it's too early for one loss to be the final nail. WAAAYYYY too much football left to be played.

Of the 8 teams ahead of USC...

OU, Texas and Texas Tech will all play each other. Missouri and Texas will play and, unless Missouri loses another game, they'll have to take on a tough team in the CCG. Alabama and LSU will play each other. Penn State has to play AT Wisconsin and AT Ohio State. BYU has to play at Utah.

If USC wins out, they'll finish in the Top 5. They just need a couple of other games to go their way to make a move into the Top 2.

sooner94
10/3/2008, 06:00 PM
When the computer rankings come out, I think it will destroy Usc.

I always thought the computer rankings were biased towards the Pac 10. That Seattle ranking blatantly favors Pac-10 teams. Must be the West coast bias.

JLEW1818
10/3/2008, 06:27 PM
I think it will hurt them, strength of schedule wise. If tOSU loses a couple more.