PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our rival?

setem
10/2/2008, 10:32 PM
Dallas?
Houston?
San Antonio?

Will it even be a Texas team?

Hows about the Bulls because they are longhorns?

I think it should be the Magic. I hate Magic! Magic is pretty gay if you ask me! I feel sorry for dudes who use it to pick up chicks!

Curly Bill
10/2/2008, 10:35 PM
Dallas and New Orleans.

setem
10/2/2008, 10:45 PM
Dallas and New Orleans.

But we all love CP3!

Curly Bill
10/2/2008, 10:46 PM
But we all love CP3!

I think that'll make us want to beat them even more.

I've coached against friends before and I wanted to beat them more then anyone else.

yermom
10/2/2008, 10:49 PM
Dallas and New Orleans.

how about a team we can beat? :O

Curly Bill
10/2/2008, 10:50 PM
how about a team we can beat? :O

Norman High School? ;)

Dio
10/2/2008, 11:42 PM
Denver's relatively close, they're in our division, and George Karl was dead set against the move.

starclassic tama
10/2/2008, 11:54 PM
cuban was also the only owner besides the portland guy to vote against the move

setem
10/3/2008, 01:09 AM
YEAH! **** DALLAS!

birddog
10/3/2008, 09:20 AM
gotta be the mavs so we can carry the hate over to another sport.

I HATE THE MAVS!!

and cuban needs a rug, or a powdered wig, something.

BigRedJed
10/3/2008, 04:15 PM
Although I'm sure there will be a natural rivalry with Dallas just based on geography, outside of that it will probably end up being someone in the division. Denver, Utah, Portland, Minnesota. Of course, the Thunder will have to present a challenge to those teams before they start treating this team as a rival of any sort, and I think it takes two to tango in the rivalry game.

tommieharris91
10/3/2008, 04:19 PM
Minnesota because they suck too.

BigRedJed
10/3/2008, 04:20 PM
Well, there might be something to that, since both teams will be trying to climb out of the cellar at the same time. Could set up a long running rivalry of sorts.

Mixer!
10/3/2008, 04:25 PM
Memphis, YWIA.

BigRedJed
10/3/2008, 07:56 PM
Hmmm... ...interesting...

Why, exactly?

Mixer!
10/5/2008, 08:08 PM
Call it a carry-over from the PCL & CHL rivalries.

BigRedJed
10/6/2008, 11:01 AM
Different fanbases though. At least for a while.

stoopified
10/6/2008, 02:55 PM
Dallas and New Orleans.Bingo

BigRedJed
10/6/2008, 02:57 PM
I, for one, am going to have a hard time cheering against CP3 and the gang. I'm betting a lot of people in that building will feel the same way.

starclassic tama
10/7/2008, 01:18 PM
they play for the other team. this is sports, not tea & crumpets. the hornets should be booed tirelessly just like the rest of the NBA. cheer for them when they aren't playing the thunder.

BigRedJed
10/7/2008, 03:47 PM
OK, you do that.

starclassic tama
10/8/2008, 02:58 PM
because most people cheer the opponent at a home game. it's only polite, right?

BigRedJed
10/11/2008, 11:18 PM
No, because most people who are OKC NBA fans started out living and dying with Byron Scott, CP3, David West, Tyson Chandler and crew, and will probably remain partial to those guys to some extent until that nucleus breaks up. Don't patronize me.

CatfishSooner
10/12/2008, 09:51 PM
No, because most people who are OKC NBA fans started out living and dying with Byron Scott, CP3, David West, Tyson Chandler and crew, and will probably remain partial to those guys to some extent until that nucleus breaks up. Don't patronize me.

heh :D

starclassic tama
10/13/2008, 04:10 PM
yeah i wouldn't want you to ban me for 24 hours like you did last time tough guy

BigRedJed
10/13/2008, 06:30 PM
Uh... ...that wasn't me, tough guy. Get your facts straight.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/13/2008, 06:34 PM
Not sure that Thunder will be real good this year but they still may be better than the Heat.

BigRedJed
10/13/2008, 06:40 PM
yeah i wouldn't want you to ban me for 24 hours like you did last time tough guy
Your infractions panel:

1 point(s) total Infractions Post Date Expires Points Reason Posted By
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/misc/redcard_small.gif Behold! Your OKC NBA... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2422596#post2422596) 9/29/2008 02:57 PM Expired 6 whining about reputation Phil (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=1)

I've never left you so much as a negspek comment.

Just to help you out a little here: Phil is the guy who owns the board. When he gets interested enough in something to give somebody an infraction, they must really be pushing some buttons around here. Tell you what, why don't you send him a PM and call HIM "tough guy." I'm sure he'll enjoy hearing from you.

BigRedJed
10/13/2008, 07:28 PM
After looking at that link, apparently Phil just grabbed the first available post he saw to give you a "whining about reputation" infraction, which equals a one day ban. You were probably whining about it in a PM or something where he didn't have a handy link, so he ended up grabbing one in a post where you were by coincidence disagreeing with me. Heck, I don't know. I'm just trying to help out, since you apparently can't read your own infractions panel.

But besides the fact that a mod using moddy powers on someone they're in the act of personally arguing with in a a thread (as two posters arguing) is verboten, bad form and just plain dumb, I surely wouldn't need to resort to such tactics to win an argument with the likes of you, even if it were OK to do so. Heck, from what I've seen the best way to make you look foolish is to encourage you to post more.

badger
10/14/2008, 03:07 PM
I vote Dallas. Mark Cuban acts like a spoiled frat boy who whines when someone messes with his toy, so boo hoo to you, but we got the OKC team despite your vote against!

Also, out of historic rivalry purposes, I would say Portland is another good choice, because they used to have a rivalry with Seattle, but now, it is likely that the entire northwest coast area is angry at us for "stealing" their team.

My final choice would be Memphis. They're only a state away (and the Arkansas drive isn't that long), plus, like someone else mentioned earlier, it would be nice to have a rival we could beat :D

Don't act too desperate for a rival though - it will just happen, much like Baylor suddenly started calling Texas A&M their rival after a flukey two-point-conversion win, or Tech setting up a "rejected little sister school of the state" rivalry with Oklahoma State.

Just wait - some team will punch one of our beloved players, or a coach/player will insult Oklahoma, or some spoiled brat teenage star will insist on not playing for the Thunder. Then, we'll have some real reason to boo :)

starclassic tama
10/14/2008, 10:36 PM
i have never whined about reputation, other than the fact that you can only leave a neutral black spek unless you pay money to the site. i love being in red, because people pay more attention to what you post. i have sent phil several PM's but like a good HMFIC, he never sent one back.

http://kjrhimg.dayport.com/img/dp_thumbs/thumb_1190518590215_0p9577015066677685.jpg

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

BigRedJed
10/15/2008, 10:01 AM
Like I said, I have no idea why Phil banned you for a day. The explanation says "whining about spek." Has absolutely dick to do with me. Keep trying to contact him if you want to cry about it more, I guess.

:cry:

PalmBeachSooner1
10/15/2008, 06:43 PM
W/o stirring anything up, can someone tell me who or what Spek is?

setem
10/15/2008, 06:53 PM
W/o stirring anything up, can someone tell me who or what Spek is?

You know that little white speck on the top of chicken ****?

Well...that's still chicken ****!

See the green bar under your s/n? That is your spek-o-meter. When it turns orange...you die!

badger
10/15/2008, 09:25 PM
:O about the thunder rival...

:les:SPEKSPEKSPEK RAGERAGERAGE UBERBANUBERBANUBERBAN[hairGel]

:O nevermind!

tommieharris91
10/15/2008, 09:36 PM
i have never whined about reputation, other than the fact that you can only leave a neutral black spek unless you pay money to the site. i love being in red, because people pay more attention to what you post. i have sent phil several PM's but like a good HMFIC, he never sent one back.

http://kjrhimg.dayport.com/img/dp_thumbs/thumb_1190518590215_0p9577015066677685.jpg

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Actually, you can leave red and green when you get enough green spek. Here's a couple hints: don't berate mods, and don't make fun of people's military service unless you are or were in the military.

Mixer!
10/15/2008, 09:44 PM
Can an admin please delete (or move) all the spek-speak posts (into another thread in an appropriate non-sports forum)?

TIA,
M!

Big Red Ron
10/16/2008, 10:46 AM
I think Dallas will be a hate game but our rival will probably be Portland. They are young, talented, same division, lots of Sonics fans and playoffs go through them/us.

BigRedJed
10/16/2008, 10:56 AM
i have never whined about reputation, other than the fact that you can only leave a neutral black spek unless you pay money to the site... ...blah, blah, blah...
I missed this before. The ability to leave positive or negative reputation has absolutely nothing to do with sponsorship, and everything to do with the reputation other posters have left for you. In your case, apparently folks around here don't think too much of your posts. Therefore, you are lit up with red (negative) reputation. As long as you are red, you have no power to leave reputation, good or bad, on another poster. Hence the neutral black dot.

But hey, like I said, keep posting your observations steeped in ignorance regarding how this board works. Sometimes dumb stuff can be funny for everybody else.

badger
10/16/2008, 03:29 PM
I think Dallas will be a hate game but our rival will probably be Portland. They are young, talented, same division, lots of Sonics fans and playoffs go through them/us.

Yay, I'm not talking to myself! :D

However, I would still not declare a real rival until something funny happens. I mean, who ever thought the Knicks would hate the Indiana Pacers? The Knicks have historically been awesome and the Pacers have historically sucked... but despite that, one Spike Lee and one Reggie Miller and 8 points in 8.9 seconds later, or 25 points in one quarter later, a feud was born.

:D Of course, both teams are meh now, but AT ONE TIME, wow, the hated was spewing every time they met in the regular season or the playoffs.

Other examples include the Bulls and Pistons (The Jordan Rules/Bad Boys era), the Kings and the Lakers (Poor Sacramento), the Jazz and Bulls (no sympathy for Stocton and Malone), etc.

I still think a Memphis rivalry would be fun... but time will tell.

PalmBeachSooner1
10/16/2008, 04:56 PM
You know that little white speck on the top of chicken ****?

Well...that's still chicken ****!

See the green bar under your s/n? That is your spek-o-meter. When it turns orange...you die!

OIC, makes sense. Thanks!