PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone watch O'Reilly's...

soonerhubs
10/2/2008, 09:57 PM
...ripping apart of Barney Frank? Wow! I'm surprised Frank would even come on the show, but he did, and Bill just berated him.

I'm not taking sides, I just found it interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html

Veritas
10/2/2008, 10:00 PM
Frank deserves to have his *** ripped apart.

I only mean that in the metaphorical sense.

Soonerus
10/2/2008, 10:06 PM
I saw it ....it was awesome...

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2008, 10:08 PM
Frank deserves to have his *** ripped apart.

I only mean that in the metaphorical sense.

He's used to it in any other sense. ;)

Soonerus
10/2/2008, 10:11 PM
He likes it...

Hot Rod
10/2/2008, 10:28 PM
(Insert Sooner98's avatar)

"He said hiney!"

StoopTroup
10/2/2008, 11:09 PM
Let me rewrite that ending for you Bill....

"Representative Franks...your one of the brilliant guys who presided over the biggest financial collapse in History along with Cox ( A REPUBLICAN BTW...but yet noticeably left out as Bill leads Franks into his rant), Senator Dodd, Dem. and President George Bush (Rep.).

Listen folks...O'Reilly trying to say that all this is one guys fault because he thought Fannie and Freddie were out of the woods in July makes O'Reilly look like a braying donkey.

I agree with Franks in that these problems have been brewing for along time...

Neither Dems or Repubs are off the hook for this...they are both a fault.

I'm no Pro-Frank guy either...he shouldn't be in office anymore IMO.

I will say this though...if Fox thinks a guy like O'Reilly is helping people in this country....then Fox is no better than The National Enquirer was back in the 80's and 90's.

That was one of the worst piece of crap videos...I have ever witnessed.

I seem to notice O'Reilly isn't doing as many Face to Face stuff like that anymore. He seems to tone it down when he does. Just my perception as of late.

Widescreen
10/3/2008, 01:31 AM
Have you seen the youtube video with all the democrats doing their level best to keep the status quo on freddie mac and fannie mae? Barney Frank is one of the main people responsible for this mess. He's been blocking Bush on this issue for years and now he's trying to make it look like it's everyone else's fault.

soonerhubs
10/3/2008, 07:16 AM
Have you seen the youtube video with all the democrats doing their level best to keep the status quo on freddie mac and fannie mae? Barney Frank is one of the main people responsible for this mess. He's been blocking Bush on this issue for years and now he's trying to make it look like it's everyone else's fault.

Link?

LesNessman
10/3/2008, 08:17 AM
Let me rewrite that ending for you Bill....

"Representative Franks...your one of the brilliant guys who presided over the biggest financial collapse in History along with Cox ( A REPUBLICAN BTW...but yet noticeably left out as Bill leads Franks into his rant), Senator Dodd, Dem. and President George Bush (Rep.).

Listen folks...O'Reilly trying to say that all this is one guys fault because he thought Fannie and Freddie were out of the woods in July makes O'Reilly look like a braying donkey.

I agree with Franks in that these problems have been brewing for along time...

Neither Dems or Repubs are off the hook for this...they are both a fault.

I'm no Pro-Frank guy either...he shouldn't be in office anymore IMO.

I will say this though...if Fox thinks a guy like O'Reilly is helping people in this country....then Fox is no better than The National Enquirer was back in the 80's and 90's.

That was one of the worst piece of crap videos...I have ever witnessed.

I seem to notice O'Reilly isn't doing as many Face to Face stuff like that anymore. He seems to tone it down when he does. Just my perception as of late.

I heard O"Reilly refer to Cox several times in the video, saying that he (Cox) owned up to the screw up and accepted blame. It seems his point was that Frank is not (taking any blame), and is blaming everyone else, even though he and Dodd are two of the most complicit in this mess.

Couple of days ago I heard several audio clips from 2004 congressional hearings (on the Hannity radio show) which had 4 or 5 republicans warning of very big problems with FM&FM, and then Frank, Dodd, Schumer, and Maxine Waters praising Franklin Raines and FM&FM and how they were just fine. Frank was still signing the same tune in July 2008?

Pathetic.

Widescreen
10/3/2008, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

soonerhubs
10/3/2008, 09:15 AM
Does "Not a good investment" mean the same thing as "They're not the best investment these days" or "I think they're in good shape going forward"?

badger
10/3/2008, 03:57 PM
His voice really does sound like a "Barney," doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Barney deserves to get voted out. Come on, Massachusetts. Do the right thing.

Chuck Bao
10/3/2008, 05:11 PM
I can only watch about half of that video, but that O'Reilly dude seems like a complete dip**** and an incredibly stupid one at that.

You don't yell fire in a theatre and you don't publicly say that a bank is in trouble, even if the bank building itself is smoldering. That is even if you are a Congressman…no strike that, especially if you are a Congressman.

So, boo hoo if some investors who bought Freddie Mac and Frannie Mae shares on Barney Frank’s re-assurances got hurt. They should have known better – the fools and their money....

More shame should be heaped on some dumb*** analyst who appeared on CNBC 3-4 months ago to say that the share prices of the two GSEs are bargains because the government would not let them go under. Yeah, well that “not go under” part is not referring to the bank shareholders.

Anyway, investors should have been paying attention to the Bear Stearns case when the CEO Alan Schwartz publicly said all is fine, just before it went under.

Bankers, bank regulators, government officials, politicians, they lie. They will lie up to the very end. That is what they must do.

And, some bankers continue to lie and try to misdirect responsibility. I was so appalled tonight when some guy appeared on CNBC saying that the whole mortgage / financial mess was because of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. If only the two GSEs hadn’t been so willing to lend money out, then the private banks wouldn’t have been forced into offering even more aggressive and imprudent lending schemes. WTF?

Does anyone else think that the Republican spin machine has gone into hyper-drive, trying its best to paint this as a Democrat problem?

Widescreen
10/3/2008, 05:14 PM
Does anyone else think that the Republican spin machine has gone into hyper-drive, trying its best to paint this as a Democrat problem?

Unfortunately, no. But the Democrat spin machine certainly has.

badger
10/3/2008, 05:15 PM
Well, as long as there's a solution, I don't care who's to blame or who's to credit.