PDA

View Full Version : So I met a girl...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 06:02 PM
...and I'm going to ask her out. Its been a very long time, but I'm going to go for it. We are both going to be at a BBQ next Tuesday and I'm going to make my move. Your good luck wishes and other advice will be helpful.

Rogue
10/2/2008, 06:04 PM
Is there beer at this BBQ?

Mjcpr
Get rid of the cigar bref.

Good luck!

Viking Kitten
Roofies.

KC//CRIMSON
10/2/2008, 06:06 PM
Be sure not to wear anything sharp, you might pop her and she'll fly away.

SicEmBaylor
Is there beer at this BBQ?

Not sure. I'd put it on the unlikely side though.

Viking Kitten
http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Sex_Panther/sex_panther__5_.jpg

Okla-homey
10/2/2008, 06:09 PM
Don't send her a dozen roses after the date. That creeps 'em out.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 06:09 PM
Don't send her a dozen roses after the date. That creeps 'em out.

I refuse to send flowers. They're cliche, tacky, and totally useless.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2008, 06:15 PM
:les:Shenanigans!

Curly Bill
10/2/2008, 06:16 PM
Tell her you're rich. ;) :D

Rogue
10/2/2008, 06:18 PM
Put the potato in the FRONT of your britches this time, youngun. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2008, 06:21 PM
don't talk to her

Rogue
10/2/2008, 06:21 PM
Seriously, one of my single buddies who doesn't look like your typical ladies' man, but does quite well thank you, pretends it's some kind of game and that getting shot down is just part of it about 1/2 the time. He pretends it's fun to predict whether they'll go out with him or not. The psychology of this works. This way, you're not focused on the goal, but the process.

And 2 things that EVERY girl I know thinks are sexy: confidence (fake it til you make it) and humor.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 06:24 PM
Seriously, one of my single buddies who doesn't look like your typical ladies' man, but does quite well thank you, pretends it's some kind of game and that getting shot down is just part of it about 1/2 the time. He pretends it's fun to predict whether they'll go out with him or not. The psychology of this works. This way, you're not focused on the goal, but the process.

And 2 things that EVERY girl I know thinks are sexy: confidence (fake it til you make it) and humor.

The humor thing worries me. People tell me that all the time, but I never let loose and joke around until I get to know someone pretty well. I've tried to stop myself from doing it, but I have a habit of coming across aloof and serious.

Rogue
10/2/2008, 06:34 PM
The humor thing worries me. People tell me that all the time, but I never let loose and joke around until I get to know someone pretty well. I've tried to stop myself from doing it, but I have a habit of coming across aloof and serious.

OK, we can work with this. One way to be sure she thinks you have a good sense of humor is if you laugh WITH her and laugh at any jokes she makes. Just make sure she's joking. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
10/2/2008, 06:34 PM

A. Try not to drool or pitch a tent.
B. Try not to act desperate.
C. And for god's sakes, whatever you do, don't even breath the word Branson.

OU-HSV
10/2/2008, 07:05 PM
A. Try not to drool or pitch a tent.
B. Try not to act desperate.
C. And for god's sakes, whatever you do, don't even breath the word Branson.

Ha, all great advice.

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 07:07 PM
Tell her you're rich. ;) :D

Don't show her your t.v setup.

:D

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2008, 07:21 PM

Refer back to post #2.

Rogue
10/2/2008, 07:44 PM
Compliments = :D

Oh, and stare at her bewbs. They love that! ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 07:46 PM
Compliments = :D

Oh, and stare at her bewbs. They love that! ;)

Now half of this is probably good advice. I'm really bad at complimenting women. I feel like they'll think I'm some sort of creepy perv if I say anything the least bit nice about their looks. What exactly is appropriate to say when you don't know someone very well?

I guess something basic like, "you look nice this evening."

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2008, 07:48 PM
Whip out your big 'spekker; that always impresses the ladies. :)

Rogue
10/2/2008, 07:53 PM

Yup, that works. So does a basic compliment like one of her girlfriends would give her. "I love your hair." "You look like you just left the salon!"
Yeah, I'm not very good at this either. Wasn't there a thread last night about 101 ways to say "nice a$$?"

Rogue
10/2/2008, 07:56 PM
We're gonna have you all messed up like learning a new golf swing.
"Head down, comfortable grip, eye on the ball, exhale..." will become
"Compliment, confidence, tell a joke, smile, do something chivalrous, don't talk about politics, don't mention Branson..."

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 07:57 PM
We're gonna have you all messed up like learning a new golf swing.
"Head down, comfortable grip, eye on the ball, exhale..." will become
"Compliment, confidence, tell a joke, smile, do something chivalrous, don't talk about politics, don't mention Branson..."

It'll be hard not to talk politics. We both belong to the same political organization and this BBQ is a Presidential Debate watch party. ;)

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2008, 07:58 PM
Now half of this is probably good advice. I'm really bad at complimenting women. I feel like they'll think I'm some sort of creepy perv if I say anything the least bit nice about their looks. What exactly is appropriate to say when you don't know someone very well?

SicEm, you are actually on to something there...good jorb. Women were little girls once, and if they had a good father and male role model in their life, they likely have been complimented continuously since birth. Compliments are great, but they don't resonate like we think they would. What works pretty well is, listen but don't try to solve issues...suggest something that makes her say "yes", like would you help me _______? Women are naturally supportive and for some reason, assisting a d00d she is interested in acts like a small investment in any future friendship/relationship. Finally, if you really dig this chick, interact with her like you are already dating...pretend in your mind that she is your girlfriend and do things that seem assumptive. Not exactly "confidence", but it will come across to her as that for sure. Also, stare at those bewbs but don't flinch if you get caught...that's the sign of guilt. Hey, we are supposed to stare and she knows it.

We do have some wimmins on this board that should be able to chime in here...I am limited in what I can share as I have spent my life with a kickstand.

GottaHavePride
10/2/2008, 08:14 PM
Yup, that works. So does a basic compliment like one of her girlfriends would give her. "I love your hair." "You look like you just left the salon!"

When she walks up (or vice versa) the first time, say something like "hey, nice to see you tonight" and look at her eyes. Not THOSE eyes, her REAL eyes. Make a mental note what color they are. (You've basically got 4 options: blue, brown, green, and gray.)

Personally, I'd skip a generic compliment like "you look great tonight" - the subtle implication is that on other nights she DOESN'T look great.

While she's responding notice if anything she's wearing matches OR contrasts with her eyes and say something like "hey, that top matches your eyes perfectly" or "your jacket really lights up your hair" - something like that.

If nothing else fall back on the humorous twist: "you look fantastic tonight... not that that's unusual or anything." You have to deliver that one right, though, with a half-smile so she knows that YOU know that was dumb and you said it anyway. If she's into you at all, that will get a laugh out of her.

After that you're on your own. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 08:29 PM
I'm ******.

GottaHavePride
10/2/2008, 08:30 PM
Aw, man. What, did you resort to the "Hey, Steve! Boobs!" line with a thumbs-up gesture? That one never works.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 08:32 PM
Aw, man. What, did you resort to the "Hey, Steve! Boobs!" line with a thumbs-up gesture? That one never works.

Hah, no. This is an anticipatory "I'm ******." I won't see her until Tuesday or Wednesday(I forget which day the next debate is). I'll ask her then.

Actually, I'm thinking of just sending her a message on Facebook asking if she wants to get together or something.

Curly Bill
10/2/2008, 08:34 PM
NVCRgI2Ld7U

If you have any musical ability play this for her on your guitar.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 08:38 PM
"When I'm horny like thirsty, you're a bottle of water."

tommieharris91
10/2/2008, 08:46 PM

Seriously, stare at her cleavage all night long. It's the key to seeing what's under her shirt. :texan:

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2008, 08:47 PM
I like how everyone really thinks you met someone.

Good one, Sic Em!

proud gonzo
10/2/2008, 09:20 PM
:pop:

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2008, 09:40 PM

I was wondering when you would show up, PG! :D

salth2o
10/2/2008, 09:57 PM
Tell her you are a Master Debater and would like to show her your skillz.

proud gonzo
10/2/2008, 10:01 PM
I was wondering when you would show up, PG! :D
I can't miss a fail-fest ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2008, 10:43 PM
Oh, and my grandpa says "you look nice this evening" worked great for him..

Lott's Bandana
10/2/2008, 10:43 PM
I can't miss a fail-fest ;)

Oh....

snap.

proud gonzo
10/2/2008, 10:54 PM
ok ok, that was mean. Good luck, SicEm, I hope she says yes.

...the date would make an even BETTER thread ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 10:55 PM
ok ok, that was mean. Good luck, SicEm, I hope she says yes.

...the date would make an even BETTER thread ;)

I'll let you all know of the result. I do hope she at least gives me a chance. I appreciate the well wishes though.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2008, 10:57 PM
It'll be hard not to talk politics. We both belong to the same political organization and this BBQ is a Presidential Debate watch party. ;)

then i suggest tequilla

patron anejo

lots of it

LosAngelesSooner
10/2/2008, 11:12 PM
#1. Be specific when you ask her out (day, time, place)
#2. Be confident.
#3. Ask her questions and listen to her answers.
#4. Be courteous and gentlemanly.
#5. Be tastefully humorous but make sure you have an edge. If there is a doosh nearby, don't get irritated and overtly comment on the doosh, but let her see the twinkle in your eye as you size the doosh up and dismiss him.
#6. Stand by your opinions even if she disagrees.
#7. Do "the hand touch test."
#8. Place your hand on the small of her waist as she walks through a door which you're holding open for her.
#9. Make the date comfortable. Don't try too hard to impress. Be yourself and trust that will be impressive enough.
#10. Have fun. NO MATTER WHAT.

StoopTroup
10/2/2008, 11:21 PM
I'll let you all know of the result. I do hope she at least gives me a chance. I appreciate the well wishes though.

I'm really going to wish you well on this one SicEm.

It really sounds like you haven't given to much though about all of this this time.

True you stated you two have politics in common but that's a good way to keep the conversation going so you can get to know more about her as you move on to other discussions. If she's a cerebral thinking type gal and a good match for you...I'm glad you two found each other....seriously.

However...if it's like Colley has said and your just drafting another letter to the Penthouse Forum...you should quit doing that. :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/2/2008, 11:22 PM
"Don't put the ***** on a pedestal" :)

LosAngelesSooner
10/2/2008, 11:24 PM
"Don't put the ***** on a pedestal" :)x2

LosAngelesSooner
10/2/2008, 11:27 PM

Rules on complimenting women:

#1. Never compliment their body. Ever. (until she's your SO)
#2. Always be specific. (ie: Those shoes are hot. That color looks amazing on you. etc)
#3. Never equate them to a relative or ex.
#4. Notice their eyes.

On the ex thing...never mention an ex. Don't mention miserable dating failures. Don't talk about expectations for a LOOOONG time.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2008, 11:28 PM
All good advice. What's the "hand test?"

LosAngelesSooner
10/2/2008, 11:30 PM
After a bit of time has transpired in the date, touch her hand but don't try to hold it (while at the dinner table, etc.) If she doesn't move her hand, things are going well.

GottaHavePride
10/2/2008, 11:31 PM

http://codebloo.net/stuff/picard-headesk.jpg

Half a Hundred
10/3/2008, 12:28 AM

SicEm, I know I don't speak much on the SO, but I think I might have some advice for you here...

1. Let her talk. A lot. Potential dating interests aren't really that interested in what you have to say, they generally like to hear themselves talk, and the subjects they want to speak about. As long as you keep the conversation centered on what she wants to talk about, but you're engaging, you've got at least 50% knocked out of the way. However, keep certain topics of mutual interest available; you want to be able to keep the conversation going after down time.

2. Eye contact. She's got to feel like she's the absolute center of your party. Keeping eye contact like you think everything she says is interesting as hell is paramount to making a lasting impression.

3. Physical touching. There's got to be at least a little of it at the beginning, but don't start out too strong. Just let her get comfortable with a level of intimacy with you that is out of the ordinary. The rest will take care of itself.

Yes, these seem obvious, something Dad might have mentioned, but guess what, your daddy somehow contributed his half, so he might know a thing or two. The most important thing, however, is that you never lose self-confidence! Some girls just aren't meant to be wooed on the first date. However, over time they'll see that you aren't just another guy on the street. Impatience has killed more potential relationships than sheep illness on aggie farms.

SicEmBaylor
10/3/2008, 01:46 AM
SicEm, I know I don't speak much on the SO, but I think I might have some advice for you here...

1. Let her talk. A lot. Potential dating interests aren't really that interested in what you have to say, they generally like to hear themselves talk, and the subjects they want to speak about. As long as you keep the conversation centered on what she wants to talk about, but you're engaging, you've got at least 50% knocked out of the way. However, keep certain topics of mutual interest available; you want to be able to keep the conversation going after down time.

2. Eye contact. She's got to feel like she's the absolute center of your party. Keeping eye contact like you think everything she says is interesting as hell is paramount to making a lasting impression.

3. Physical touching. There's got to be at least a little of it at the beginning, but don't start out too strong. Just let her get comfortable with a level of intimacy with you that is out of the ordinary. The rest will take care of itself.

Yes, these seem obvious, something Dad might have mentioned, but guess what, your daddy somehow contributed his half, so he might know a thing or two. The most important thing, however, is that you never lose self-confidence! Some girls just aren't meant to be wooed on the first date. However, over time they'll see that you aren't just another guy on the street. Impatience has killed more potential relationships than sheep illness on aggie farms.

I like what you've said here. I will say that I am VERY patient. If you knew how long I dated my last girlfriend before she finally put out then you'd realize how VERY patient I am....

I think I can handle all of your advice except for #3. I'm just not very touch-feely with someone I'm not already in a relationship with. I never ever hug people or put my arm around friends or anything like that. I'm going to have a real hard time with that. It just doesn't come naturally to me.

BudSooner
10/3/2008, 06:17 AM
Don't ask if she spits or swallows until the 2nd date. :dean:

proud gonzo
10/3/2008, 08:44 AM
Sic
i'm not sure what you mean by that. Unless you know someone well, you don't know how touchy-feely they are. Physical contact can be off-putting if it'd done the wrong way or too soon. It can seem presumptuous or over-eager.

LAS's suggestion about touching her waist when you hold a door = good.

The hand test = good.

oh, and clean out your car before you pick her up. I don't mean it has to be spotless, but make sure there's nothing in the passenger seat or in the floor.

SteelClip49
10/3/2008, 09:18 AM
Is it one of those girls from Baylor in the stands? You know, the ones that were farked sometime ago?

Partial Qualifier
10/3/2008, 09:38 AM

This is the best advice in the thread. I'm not saying you should employ the same approach, but you need the same end-result.

Rouge's friend's approach leaves him relaxed and unassuming (in other words: not desperate or self-conscious) and allows him to be an unforced charming version of himself. If you start worrying about tricks and lines and moves and appearances, you're screwed -- and not in the way you're wishing for -- unless the girl is desperate and if that's the case, you'll know soon enough.

fadada1
10/3/2008, 09:38 AM

must.... resist.... sophomoric.... response....

good luck, dude.

swardboy
10/3/2008, 09:39 AM

I HIGHLY agree with #'s 1 and 2....practice mad listening skilz, and ask questions based on what she says....it's all about HER.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/3/2008, 09:45 AM
Dood... Tell her to meet you at George's Bar after the OU-Baylor game.

We'll have her idolizing your every move...

Nothing is more fool-proof than that plan!!!

badger
10/3/2008, 09:56 AM
Because I am not a d00d (lol, haha, joke getting old, ok then, moving on...), Mike Leach seems to give very good advice here:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Even if you've seen it a dozen times already, it's still good advice. Even if he's in Lubbock, I'm sure there's meaty places in Waco that you can't order a salad at and coffee shops you can point out the weird people at, right? :D

8timechamps
10/3/2008, 09:57 AM
Not trying to be mean, but I thought you were a chick.

Anyway, go get her!

mdklatt
10/3/2008, 09:59 AM
and coffee shops you can point out the weird people at

Pssst...he's the "weird people", so that won't work.

8timechamps
10/3/2008, 09:59 AM
Because I am not a d00d (lol, haha, joke getting old, ok then, moving on...), Mike Leach seems to give very good advice here:

Even if you've seen it a dozen times already, it's still good advice. Even if he's in Lubbock, I'm sure there's meaty places in Waco that you can't order a salad at and coffee shops you can point out the weird people at, right? :D

I wish I had a pocket Mike Leach that could give me random advice throughout the day.

badger
10/3/2008, 10:12 AM
I wish I had a pocket Mike Leach that could give me random advice throughout the day.

Hell, I wish I had a pocket Mike Leach that could give me random laughs throughout the day.

NYC Poke
10/3/2008, 03:44 PM
The shoes. Compliment her shoes.

Whet
10/3/2008, 04:20 PM
and don't ask about the carpet matching the drapes!

TMcGee86
10/3/2008, 04:38 PM
PIITB!

(srsly? page four? I'm disappointed in you people) ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2008, 04:41 PM
That's cause there is no B to PII...

Tulsa_Fireman
10/3/2008, 05:00 PM
The shoes. Compliment her shoes.

"Nice shoes, wanna ****?"

Ask her if she needs help sniffing her dirty panties.

NormanPride
10/3/2008, 05:10 PM
Relationship advice... I'd be interested to see if anyone here in a successful relationship actually used advice to bag their SO. :D

Some good stuff in here on generally how to act civil around the ladies. Sic'Em, think of what doleo would do and do the opposite. :dolemite:

badger
10/3/2008, 05:13 PM
Relationship advice... I'd be interested to see if anyone here in a successful relationship actually used advice to bag their SO. :D

Some good stuff in here on generally how to act civil around the ladies. Sic'Em, think of what doleo would do and do the opposite. :dolemite:

SicEm, if it's successful and you're going steady by the A&M game, tell her it would be funny to kiss excessively like the Aggies do after every Baylor touchdown. Considering that it's an off year for the 12th man, you might both have a lot of fun :D

NYC Poke
10/3/2008, 05:22 PM
SicEm, if it's successful and you're going steady by the A&M game, tell her it would be funny to kiss excessively like the Aggies do after every Baylor touchdown. Considering that it's an off year for the 12th man, you might both have a lot of fun :D

Is that allowed at Baylor? I guess as long as they don't dance . . .

Viking Kitten
10/3/2008, 05:24 PM
I'd be interested to see if anyone here in a successful relationship actually used advice to bag their SO.

I used sweater puppies.

olevetonahill
10/3/2008, 05:44 PM
Do what this dude did , Ya know Make sure Shes really a SHE .
http://www.paramountpictures.co.uk/films/crocodile_dundee_la/images/im_crocodile_dundee_07.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/3/2008, 06:06 PM
Just be yourself and if she isn't interested, she can go find some other loser. You seem like a nice guy and if she can't appreciate that then it will be her loss. Just be yourself and be confident. Also, if you do compliment her, make sure that is something you really feel and not something forced because most girls can spot bull**** from a hill. So basically don't compliment for compliment sake.

proud gonzo
10/4/2008, 12:13 PM
ttt, in honor of the game...or something.

proud gonzo
10/4/2008, 12:14 PM
hooray

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 02:38 PM
If things do go well though SicEm...

Remember...a well timed Shocker can really turn the heat up.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2008, 05:24 PM
Duck tape, trunk keys and a lonely country road. You're sure to score.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2008, 08:34 PM
Any updates yet Sic Em?

SicEmBaylor
10/4/2008, 08:36 PM
Any updates yet Sic Em?

Not until after Wednesday night.

goingoneight
10/5/2008, 12:52 AM
I'm too lazy to read, but has anyone told him PIITB yet?

Ardmore_Sooner
10/5/2008, 12:55 AM

The anticipation is killing me! :D ;)

But seriously good luck bro!

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 01:02 AM
Remember to poke holes in the rubber before using it, you know: so that "it" can breathe.

YWIA

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 01:26 AM
You still gotta convince me Its a REAL Chick:eek:
jes sayin

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2008, 02:41 AM

K, be sure to give us real time updates every 10 minutes or so:D

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 02:43 AM
You still gotta convince me Its a REAL Chick:eek:
jes sayin

I hope to God she's a real chick. That'll be a most unwelcome surprise when the "moment" is right.
:gary:

olevetonahill
10/5/2008, 02:46 AM
I hope to God she's a real chick. That'll be a most unwelcome surprise when the "moment" is right.
:gary:

I tole Ya lil Bro . Do the Crocodile Dundee thing on her before you waste much time
jes sayin.

VeeJay
10/5/2008, 07:27 AM
Are we to believe there's a college or post-college age girl who's buying into the Republican mantra?

Wait....there's something wrong here.....

BudSooner
10/5/2008, 08:22 AM
PIITB, oh lowered I woke everyone up laughing at that...thanks.

You. have ruined. my morning pr0n festival. srsly. :D

StormySooner-IN
10/5/2008, 01:12 PM
WAIT.

Does this mean you and Melo are thru?? :confused:

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 01:59 PM

Dude I invited half this stuff. You people really should quit giving away my secrets

Half a Hundred
10/5/2008, 04:42 PM
Clarification of my point #3 (touching): By "out of the ordinary", I meant you have to establish a level of comfort that goes beyond simple sociability (that's what I meant by intimacy, not necessarily anything sexual). Physical contact is an easy way to do that, and it doesn't take too much. However, as many of you pointed have out, that level is very different from person to person; you really have to judge for yourself. You just have to make sure that she knows she'll be comfortable in your arms. Which don't necessarily have to be big and strong, which works to Sic 'em's advantage ;)

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 04:58 PM
Clarification of my point #3 (touching): By "out of the ordinary", I meant you have to establish a level of comfort that goes beyond simple sociability (that's what I meant by intimacy, not necessarily anything sexual). Physical contact is an easy way to do that, and it doesn't take too much. However, as many of you pointed have out, that level is very different from person to person; you really have to judge for yourself. You just have to make sure that she knows she'll be comfortable in your arms. Which don't necessarily have to be big and strong, which works to Sic 'em's advantage ;)

ahh, the root of many crossed wires. Take for example my friends "Chris" and "Robin" (names changed to protect the inept).

"Chris" has never had a girlfriend and has no idea what to do around girls, which is something you wouldn't expect because he's very attractive, intelligent, charming, straight, etc.

"Robin" is a rarity: a smart sorority chick. She's gorgeous and outgoing and everyone loves her. Problem is that her level of normal physical contact is high. She hugs everyone and touches whoever she's talking to even in friendly context. "Chris" is not touchy-feely and thinks that because she's outgoing and laughs a lot and touches him on the arm occasionally, that means she's in love with him.

Don't be like "Chris". "Chris" doesn't get any. "Chris" is a tard.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 06:05 PM
Good God, this is so damned difficult. Can't I slip her a contract telling her in plain terms what I expect from a relationship, what she can expect from me, and a line to sign on? It would make things sooo much easier.

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2008, 06:12 PM
god, you are a Republican...

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 06:24 PM
I've been thinking about how I would pose this question. I don't know if I should ask her out for coffee first or dinner.

I was thinking it might be less pressure on her if I just asked her out to coffee one day after class....
I think I'm doomed no matter what I do, but coffee may give me a fighting chance.

Half a Hundred
10/5/2008, 06:27 PM
I've been thinking about how I would pose this question. I don't know if I should ask her out for coffee first or dinner.

I was thinking it might be less pressure on her if I just asked her out to coffee one day after class....
I think I'm doomed no matter what I do, but coffee may give me a fighting chance.

Coffee. One hundred percent. Get a feel for the situation first, think of it kind of like an interview, just with more BS.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2008, 06:50 PM
This girl is cute, so I hope I'm not playing out of my league. As the day draws closer, I am getting increasingly nervous.

By the way, the BBQ is on Tuesday night not Wednesday night. I have my days screwed up.

Curly Bill
10/5/2008, 06:54 PM
Don't get skeered and back out...remember, we're all behind you. ;)

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 07:08 PM
Your first problem Sicem is that you are thinking about this way to ****ing much.

In the end you have to **** up to become a nature.

Just ask her to go out sometime. If she says yes. Sweet go out be yourself. If no ohh well ask another beyonce out.

It really just comes down to do you have balls or not.

Everyone fails. Your affraid of failing. Nothing else.

grow some

NYC Poke
10/5/2008, 07:15 PM
Good God, this is so damned difficult. Can't I slip her a contract telling her in plain terms what I expect from a relationship, what she can expect from me, and a line to sign on? It would make things sooo much easier.

And who said romance is dead?

Newbomb Turk
10/5/2008, 07:17 PM
Your first problem Sicem is that you are thinking about this way to ****ing much.

bingo.

OKC-SLC
10/5/2008, 08:04 PM
word.

USCMichigander
10/5/2008, 08:25 PM
Does she look at her drink when she's drinking it? If not....

GottaHavePride
10/5/2008, 08:33 PM
This girl is cute, so I hope I'm not playing out of my league. As the day draws closer, I am getting increasingly nervous.

By the way, the BBQ is on Tuesday night not Wednesday night. I have my days screwed up.

Rule #1: No girl is "out of your league" - there are countless smoking hot women that make you think "gah, couldn't she do better than THAT guy?"

It's all down to confidence. It's easy - look her straight in the eyes and say "would you like to go get some coffee?" Not for some unspecified future date. Right then. Either she's interested or not. If not, game over, insert coin to continue. If she's interested she'll either say "ok" or "Sorry, I'm really busy today, how about [tomorrow/Thursday/this weekend/etc.]"

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 08:41 PM

In the end you have to **** up to become a nature.

Just ask her to go out sometime. If she says yes. Sweet go out be yourself. If no ohh well ask another beyonce out.

It really just comes down to do you have balls or not.

Everyone fails. Your affraid of failing. Nothing else.

grow some

I think NormanPride just got dolepnwed.

OUTromBoNado
10/5/2008, 09:04 PM
grow some

Or if you can't, Hillary invites you to borrow hers.

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 09:18 PM
I think NormanPride just got dolepnwed.
I pretty simple.

Your a man or you are not.

I was not trying to pwn anyone.

Listen in all honesty I am no ****ing pimp,but I am not affraid to be told no.

The funny thing is is that most Females understand that males have huge ego's are are to ***** to ask them out. Thats why most girls don't say no to a first date.

Most of the time when they do say no anyways they won;t come right out and say it. They give you some bull**** excuse to try and make you not look like a tool. Well thats of course if you are not a huge tool.

Sicem this hole thread should be pretty embarssing for you.

Just ****ing ask her out.

End story

proud gonzo
10/5/2008, 09:21 PM
well, AND it's silly to turn down free coffee/dinner.

tommieharris91
10/5/2008, 09:21 PM
SicEm, if you're nervous, then find another purdy gal and talk to her. Repeat until you aren't nervous anymore.

tommieharris91
10/5/2008, 09:22 PM

At least you are honest. :rolleyes:

;)

BU BEAR
10/5/2008, 09:24 PM

The last girl to ask me out took me to coffee first. We had such a nice time that we left the coffee shop and I let her take me to dinner. Just let it flow!

tulsaoilerfan
10/5/2008, 09:26 PM
Duck tape, trunk keys and a lonely country road. You're sure to score.

Should send him some OV juice just in case. :D

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 09:29 PM
thats another thing. Coffe and dinner is lame.

Do something you enjoy and talk. I am a cut it up kinda guy.

That mean my place VIDEO GAMES, PIZZA, THEN SEX:D

no but really I hate going with chicks to dinner I have learned its pretty boring for a first date.

My favorite date ever I took a chick to the duck pond.
ohh and.....

Damn it I need to quit giving away secrets:mad:

dolemitesooner
10/5/2008, 09:30 PM
Should send him some OV juice just in case. :D
We need more OVJ for the KANSAS game damit.

We have like a mason jar left.

****:D

StoopTroup
10/5/2008, 09:37 PM
Also Sicem...

Before you go out with her you need to ummmmm...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/061006/17191__something_mary_l.jpg

salth2o
10/5/2008, 09:42 PM
Sic'em remember that no matter how good looking she is, somebody, somewhere is probably tired of putting up with her.

Just be yourself and remember she is probably nervous too and nothing eases the tension like a good ole' fart.

StoopTroup
10/5/2008, 09:45 PM
SicEm...

Don't take some old Conservative on your date with you...

http://thewonderingpundit.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/john-mccain-pirate.jpg

Just in case you misunderstood salth2o.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2008, 02:00 AM
Okay, I'm too excited to sleep but I feel like ****. I think something I ate didn't agree with me, because I'm really nauseated at the moment.

Anywhoo, SHE SAID YES! I have a coffee date at a to-be-determined time. She said she'd let me know tomorrow what her schedule is going to be with this drama production she's involved with (she's an art and drama major). THE GOOD NEWS IS SHE SAID YES!

We sat and talked for awhile while Tyler was grilling, and I intended to ask her then but I chickened out. I figured I just wouldn't do it, but we sat and watched the debate and she was parked next to me, so we went out to the parking lot together and I asked her if she'd like to have coffee with me sometime. She said, "I'd love to have coffee with you!" She didn't say "Yeah, I'll have coffee." or just "sure." She said, "I'd love to have coffee with you!"

So anywhoo, I HAS A DATE! A DATE! A DATE! A DATE!

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2008, 02:21 AM
Calm down.

No, seriously. CALM the F down.

It's just a date. With a person. A person who happens to be a girl.

Now plan something simple, easy and fun. Then take her out, relax and have fun.

Quit thinking about this stuff so derned much. And good luck.

P.S. - She's a drama major and she's into you so be prepared for first date poon. :D

misplaced_sooner
10/8/2008, 02:21 AM
Cool. You aren't still driving that ghey VW are you? You might want to rent a Charger or something to pick her up in....just a thought...:D

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2008, 02:31 AM
She's a THEATRE MAJOR.

She'll luv the bug.

And probably give him one of her own.

I keeeeed. I KEEEEEED!!!!!

(At this point I would like to respectfully ask that VK not violently punch me in the penis area)

Rogue
10/8/2008, 06:06 AM
Alright, nicely done SicEm.

BTW, Doleo's last gem about a "fun" date is seriously good advice.
I used to call it the "hockey game theory of dates." I took two gals to two hockey games. One turned out to be a gal that I had a bunch in common with but we just didn't connect romantically. I enjoyed the game and the craziness in the arena and we both had fun.

The 2nd girl was a great date and we hit it off. We both had fun too.

So I arrived at the conclusion to do something I enjoy... a concert or something... on 1st dates.

So, if you bull$hit meter is broken, Doleo is telling it straight on that one.

SoonerJack
10/8/2008, 07:46 AM
Yay!! She said YES. Way to go man.

By the way, there was much good advice on this thread....there was also much bad advice. The fact that Sicem actually got the date must say something about his improved decision making abilities. :-)

StoopTroup
10/8/2008, 08:18 AM
Awesome SicEm...

Good for you...

Now...go get your back waxed and get her name tattooed on the top of your right hand.

It will show her how much you care. ;)

Seriously...we're all here for you man...

Also...never...ever...let her know you post on SoonerFans and never ever let her know you go by the handle "SicEm" on Sports Boards. Especially if she is Computer savvy.

YWIA

ST :D

Buy her a ring so you have it ready...you never know when the right time is gonna be. ;)

BoonesFarmSooner
10/8/2008, 08:22 AM
CONGRATS, SicEm!!!!

Awesome SicEm...

Also...never...ever...let her know you post on SoonerFans and never ever let her know you go by the handle "SicEm" on Sports Boards. Especially if she is Computer savvy.

$$$

SteelClip49
10/8/2008, 08:48 AM
SicEm, you are my hero.

colleyvillesooner
10/8/2008, 09:06 AM
Way to go. Sounds like she is interested.

swardboy
10/8/2008, 09:18 AM
The coffee date is perfect. You'll have to talk instead of being mind-numbed at a movie or some other "event." You'll get a good read on whether developing a relationship is worth your time, and whether you two can communicate. Make it about her.

Well played....

badger
10/8/2008, 09:29 AM

http://i33.tinypic.com/2uzytrd.jpg

Awww, they're so cute :D

dolemitesooner
10/8/2008, 09:30 AM
Calm down.

No, seriously. CALM the F down.

It's just a date. With a person. A person who happens to be a girl.

Now plan something simple, easy and fun. Then take her out, relax and have fun.

Quit thinking about this stuff so derned much. And good luck.

P.S. - She's a drama major and she's into you so be prepared for first date poon. :DDrama chicks are awesome NO DOUBT

dolemitesooner
10/8/2008, 09:32 AM
She's a THEATRE MAJOR.

She'll luv the bug.

And probably give him one of her ow

(At this point I would like to respectfully ask that VK not violently punch me in the penis area)
**** Vk knows its true.

Drama girls wanna get down. I learned a lot in Drama... Ohh how I miss it. I need to do some community theater again

Half a Hundred
10/8/2008, 10:50 AM
Okay, I'm too excited to sleep but I feel like ****. I think something I ate didn't agree with me, because I'm really nauseated at the moment.

Anywhoo, SHE SAID YES! I have a coffee date at a to-be-determined time. She said she'd let me know tomorrow what her schedule is going to be with this drama production she's involved with (she's an art and drama major). THE GOOD NEWS IS SHE SAID YES!

We sat and talked for awhile while Tyler was grilling, and I intended to ask her then but I chickened out. I figured I just wouldn't do it, but we sat and watched the debate and she was parked next to me, so we went out to the parking lot together and I asked her if she'd like to have coffee with me sometime. She said, "I'd love to have coffee with you!" She didn't say "Yeah, I'll have coffee." or just "sure." She said, "I'd love to have coffee with you!"

Good job, man. Now balance our "advice" with being yourself, and no matter what happens, you don't have to worry about being a failure. The ball's totally in her court now.

Viking Kitten
10/8/2008, 11:31 AM
She's a THEATRE MAJOR.

She'll luv the bug.

And probably give him one of her own.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif

Seriously though, LAS gave good advice. She's just a chick. Don't go into this acting like you're the luckiest man alive just to have landed a date with her. You'll just creep her out. Not that we expect you to heed this good advice, and frankly, the entertainment value on the board would go down if you did.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2008, 04:41 PM
She emailed me her schedule and such, so I'm going to call her later to set up a day/time. I'm actually less excited today than I was last night. I think the enormity of what I am going to have to go through is starting to set in. In a small way it makes me wonder whether it's worth all the effort.

olevetonahill
10/8/2008, 04:43 PM
She emailed me her schedule and such, so I'm going to call her later to set up a day/time. I'm actually less excited today than I was last night. I think the enormity of what I am going to have to go through is starting to set in. In a small way it makes me wonder whether it's worth all the effort.

WTF are you saying ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

soonerboomer93
10/8/2008, 04:54 PM
that's he going to become a monk

or he's gay

but he's already out

so maybe a gay monk

proud gonzo
10/8/2008, 05:00 PM
She emailed me her schedule and such, so I'm going to call her later to set up a day/time. I'm actually less excited today than I was last night. I think the enormity of what I am going to have to go through is starting to set in. In a small way it makes me wonder whether it's worth all the effort.That's it, I'm putting you in Time Out until you stop being a sissy. Go sit in the corner.

No, no. Facing the wall.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2008, 05:01 PM
I'm not backing out -- I'm just battling my impending sense of dread. This is going to take a lot of work and it's very stressful. I'm now, after wanting a date for so long, wondering if it's all worth the effort.

I suddenly remember how much work my last relationship was and how much I enjoy not having to deal with someone else.

mdklatt
10/8/2008, 05:05 PM
I suddenly remember how much work my last relationship was and how much I enjoy not having to deal with someone else.

**** me running. You're going out for coffee. That's barely a date, and you're already mentally walking down the aisle.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/8/2008, 05:06 PM
Invite her to the 4K Naked Run for Breast Cancer Awareness

tommieharris91
10/8/2008, 05:13 PM
I'm not backing out -- I'm just battling my impending sense of dread. This is going to take a lot of work and it's very stressful. I'm now, after wanting a date for so long, wondering if it's all worth the effort.

If you think about all the bad things that will happen, all the bad things will happen. Just calm down and have fun with dating. Don't sweat over it. Things won't be bad. When I finally figured that out, things became a lot easier. :cool:

And talk to another chick too. You really need that.

USCMichigander
10/8/2008, 06:48 PM
SicEm, just go for it and make the best of it man. What is the worst that can happen? Five years from now you'll be thinking, geesh she's good lookin... should have gone for that!

Make the right decision, don't back out.

Fight On! (Although not a USC board, it's something that must be said from me in this scenario)

CK Sooner
10/8/2008, 06:51 PM

Just don't even think about it man.

Act like its your best friend that you have known forever and just go with it.

LosAngelesSooner
10/8/2008, 07:34 PM
Repeat after me: It's just a date. It's just a date. It's just a date.

Then realize...IT'S JUST A FARKIN' DATE!!!!!

Dude. Put things in perspective. If you keep psyching yourself like this the drought will continue for another 5 years. TRUST ME.

misplaced_sooner
10/8/2008, 07:46 PM
Dude, your 26.. Its coffee. Chill.

Half a Hundred
10/8/2008, 07:50 PM

It's not work. It's socializing. It's simply not being a tool and letting her get comfortable with being around you. Seriously.

The ball is ENTIRELY in her court now. As long as you just make sure it's about her, and not try to dominate the conversation, you'll be fine.

Let's put it this way, as cliché as it may be... if she didn't want to spend time with YOU, she wouldn't have accepted the offer for coffee. Now, all you need to do is prove that you want to spend time with HER. That means being interested in the things she has to say, and indicating that being around her is not boring in any way whatsoever.

Really, man, once you've got to the date, it's smooth sailing. Just don't act like a 'tard or a doosh.

GottaHavePride
10/8/2008, 08:06 PM

You're.

Doing.

It.

Wrong.

If being in a relationship is that much effort, either you're a tard* or you're with the wrong person.

* "tard" can also mean "person who thinks about **** WAY TOO MUCH"

If you're having to work at it, you're not being yourself.

If you're not being yourself, then the chick is not interested in you, she's interested in whatever fake version of yourself you're presenting.

If she's into the fake version of you, then whenever you get tired of keeping up the act, the relationship is doomed.

SIMPLIFY.

Just be yourself. No making plans. No preparing what you're going to say, what you're going to talk about, what you'll say if she asks this or that. None of it. Or else you'll be the Sarah Palin of dating.

Whatever happens, happens.

royalfan5
10/8/2008, 08:12 PM
Can somebody PM me when this thread gets to the part when she turns out to be a She-Male, or Chick with dick if you will. I figure that is the only natural conclusion to this.

Half a Hundred
10/8/2008, 08:19 PM
Can somebody PM me when this thread gets to the part when she turns out to be a She-Male, or Chick with dick if you will. I figure that is the only natural conclusion to this.

I don't know how relationships go down in Nebraska, but not every awkward dating story ends up that way. Come on, he's a Baylor fan... he probably ends up knocking her up and then never hearing from her again, since her family has sent her to relatives across the country, who somehow "miraculously" have a baby 5 months after her arrival.

;)

royalfan5
10/8/2008, 08:26 PM
I don't know how relationships go down in Nebraska, but not every awkward dating story ends up that way. Come on, he's a Baylor fan... he probably ends up knocking her up and then never hearing from her again, since her family has sent her to relatives across the country, who somehow "miraculously" have a baby 5 months after her arrival.

;)

This is a Sic'em story, not a normal person story.

soonerscuba
10/8/2008, 08:27 PM
Fight On! (Although not a USC board, it's something that must be said from me in this scenario)Die. ;)

Good jorb Sic'em, since she's a drama major the third hole is a feasible option. I hope you get married, can't find a job, and have to rely on federal grants for her stage career.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2008, 08:30 PM
Die. ;)

Good jorb Sic'em, since she's a drama major the third hole is a feasible option. I hope you get married, can't find a job, and have to rely on federal grants for her stage career.

She's a drama major; I'm a poli-sci/history major. I really doubt we'll have problems making money.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2008, 08:53 PM
I think the date is set! Friday at 5. Whoop!

proud gonzo
10/8/2008, 09:28 PM
She's a drama major; I'm a poli-sci/history major. I really doubt we'll have problems making money.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2008, 09:44 PM

Please keep us updated

8timechamps
10/8/2008, 09:55 PM
She's a drama major; I'm a poli-sci/history major. I really doubt we'll have problems making money.

Did I read that right?!

Shouldn't there be a winky eye thing?

Curly Bill
10/8/2008, 10:09 PM
Congrats SicEm! :D

Now give 'er hell!...er, I mean have fun. ;)

proud gonzo
10/8/2008, 10:45 PM
You're.

Doing.

It.

Wrong.

http://dennisjudd.com/albums/cute_cats/wrong_mike.jpg

Ardmore_Sooner
10/8/2008, 10:48 PM
Congrats man, just don't get to excited and nervous. You'll be fine!

bluedogok
10/8/2008, 10:58 PM
You're.
If being in a relationship is that much effort, either you're a tard* or you're with the wrong person.

* "tard" can also mean "person who thinks about **** WAY TOO MUCH"
Yep, a great relationship is very little "work"...if you have to "work" that hard at it then there is something wrong....and I am one that tends to "overthink" things as well.

Congrats....and leave the Aggie-isms out of your talk :D

GottaHavePride
10/8/2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah. No whoop-ing unless she tells you to ride 'em cowboy.

And then there's a 50% chance you throw her out right then. Unless she's SMOKIN hot.

proud gonzo
10/8/2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah. No whoop-ing unless she tells you to ride 'em cowboy.

And then there's a 50% chance you throw her out right then. Unless she's SMOKIN hot.
any other part of the country, that would be a good thing for her to say.

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 01:00 AM
SON OF A CRACK WHORE MONKEY!

I just got an email from the Chairman of the political organization that SicEmDate and I belong to wanting us all to go see An American Carol at PRECISELY the time SicEmDate and I had planned to go on said date.

FREAKING GRRR! I guess I'll have to reschedule or something. =(

olevetonahill
10/9/2008, 01:15 AM

I just got an email from the Chairman of the political organization that SicEmDate and I belong to wanting us all to go see An American Carol at PRECISELY the time SicEmDate and I had planned to go on said date.

So what? Hell Bro Just tell here you will Pick her up for this whatever the **** it is . And say we can Go out after .;)

Half a Hundred
10/9/2008, 01:21 AM

This is an excellent opportunity... just say hey, let's move coffee up an hour earlier, then go to see the movie. If she's cool, then hey, you've got a win-win situation. If she doesn't want to go earlier, then she's that much more interested in you. Buddy, the film is well down the list of priorities at this point.

BTW, a Republican drama chick? Wonders never cease

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 02:21 AM

FREAKING GRRR! I guess I'll have to reschedule or something. =(I say you tell the Chairman guy that you've already got plans, he didn't give you enough notice, and you'll go see it at another time. Then tell her to do the same and tell that guy she can't make it because she's already got plans with you.

You're the man in this situation, not Mr. Chairman Dude. He can pi$$ off.

Be a man. Sack up. She'll be more fun. And the movie will still be there tomorrow. The most you'll miss out on is a lame Q&S session at some cafe afterward regarding the movie. Screw that...

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 02:47 AM
This is an excellent opportunity... just say hey, let's move coffee up an hour earlier, then go to see the movie. If she's cool, then hey, you've got a win-win situation. If she doesn't want to go earlier, then she's that much more interested in you. Buddy, the film is well down the list of priorities at this point.

BTW, a Republican drama chick? Wonders never cease

A Republican drama/art major from Austin which is even more amazing.

I'm reasonably sure that Kruschev would lose an election for Mayor of Austin but only because he wasn't sufficiently committed to Marxism.

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2008, 12:50 PM

Perfect.

SicEm, this is the chance most d00ds don't get right away. Do the coffee thing prior, like 50% said, and if she accepts a flexi-invitation to then accompany you to the flick, then she is telling you she has deemed it hunky-dory to have her friends and people she respects to see her with YOU.

Austin conservative drama girl that said yes to SicEm. Next thing we find out is she owns the entire Rush catalogue...

StoopTroup
10/9/2008, 01:00 PM
SicEm...

Don't change your date...

Wait for her to call you about whether or not you saw the email....

Quit trying to run things...

Let nature take it's course...

If you change the date...it says...she's not important enough to cancel anything.

You'll thank me later when she's running your life and you have to stand up to her in front of your lil cubs. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/9/2008, 01:06 PM
I agree. Let her call you, and say "I saw that. Wanna just meet up for coffee an hour prior?" Or if you know she is busy before say "I saw that. Wanna grab a drink afterwards?"

tommieharris91
10/9/2008, 02:03 PM
Be a man. Sack up.

You know we have been telling him this for years.

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 02:46 PM
I'm inclined to call her up and cancel, but I'll let her make the first move. I'll go on as if there is nothing else planned on Friday. And, actually, I said the date was at the same time but it's actually about half an hour after we were suppose to meet for coffee. That might make a difference, but not a big one.

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 02:50 PM
What works pretty well is, listen but don't try to solve issues...suggest something that makes her say "yes", like would you help me _______? Women are naturally supportive and for some reason, assisting a d00d she is interested in acts like a small investment in any future friendship/relationship.

I thought this was VERY good advice when I first read it, but I couldn't figure out anything she could "help" me with at first. I discovered that she enjoys photoshopping, so I figured I would bring that up at the date and hint around that I've been wanting to learn. I figured it'd be a good sign if she jumped in and offered to teach me. VERY good advice my friend (if it works).

mdklatt
10/9/2008, 03:02 PM
I couldn't figure out anything she could "help" me with at first

Being a man?

SoonerInKCMO
10/9/2008, 03:15 PM
I'm inclined to call her up and cancel, but I'll let her make the first move. I'll go on as if there is nothing else planned on Friday. And, actually, I said the date was at the same time but it's actually about half an hour after we were suppose to meet for coffee. That might make a difference, but not a big one.

Good jorb on taking in everyone's good advice and doing the opposite.

GottaHavePride
10/9/2008, 08:18 PM
I'm inclined to call her up and cancel,

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

**** the political organization. **** the movie.

**** the chick.

There, I said it.

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 09:49 PM
YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

**** the political organization. **** the movie.

**** the chick.

There, I said it.

I can't just throw the movie and the organization out since she's also a member and for all I know she really wants to go to the movie.

Curly Bill
10/9/2008, 09:55 PM
I can't just throw the movie and the organization out since she's also a member and for all I know she really wants to go to the movie.

Then go to the movie and tell her it's for her, but tell her that afterwards for you she has to give up the secks. ;) :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 09:55 PM
She doesn't. She'd rather hang out with you. And if that ISN'T the case, better to know it now than later.

You've already made plans with her. That takes priority. The stupid movie can wait.

GottaHavePride
10/9/2008, 09:57 PM
She doesn't. She'd rather hang out with you. And if that ISN'T the case, better to know it now than later.

You've already made plans with her. That takes priority. The stupid movie can wait.

Exactly.

proud gonzo
10/9/2008, 10:07 PM
dude, if she'd rather go to a movie for a freaking political organization than go to coffee with you, YOU DON'T WANT TO DATE HER.

See, this is the same concept as, if your girlfriend would rather give some other guy a chance to see what happens rather than stay with you, SHE'S NOT WORTH DATING OR PINING OVER ANYWAY.

you are supposed to learn from your past experiences. If you refuse to do so, don't be surprised if history repeats itself.

LosAngelesSooner
10/9/2008, 10:15 PM
I'd listen to P.G. If one person on here knows how to take a woman's clothes off, it's her.

Because...you know...she's a woman. So she's kinda an expert. And stuff.

I'm gonna shut up now.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/9/2008, 10:17 PM
I'd listen to P.G. If one person on here knows how to take a woman's clothes off, it's her.

I'm gonna shut up now.

VK kicking you in the crouch in 5....4...3.........

proud gonzo
10/9/2008, 10:29 PM

I'm gonna shut up now.

That's true. I have a lot of practice.

Lott's Bandana
10/9/2008, 10:39 PM
I thought this was VERY good advice when I first read it, but I couldn't figure out anything she could "help" me with at first. I discovered that she enjoys photoshopping, so I figured I would bring that up at the date and hint around that I've been wanting to learn. I figured it'd be a good sign if she jumped in and offered to teach me. VERY good advice my friend (if it works).

Show her the "...killin ur d00ds" thread and then both of you make a fark.
You will get her laughing and also have her teaching you! Perfect.

(Then come back here and tell all of us you both spent the evening farking.)

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2008, 10:46 PM
Damn, this thread is really more trouble than it's worth

SicEmBaylor
10/9/2008, 11:55 PM
Damn, this thread is really more trouble than it's worth

It's really not. This thread is full of the proverbial gold nuggets of dating.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 12:10 AM
Heres ya Nugget Sic.
IF you **** this up . Im coming Down there, Gonna Bitch slap the hell out of you . Personaly take that tatterd remnant Of a Man card that you have left , and Shove it up yer ***.

Now On those friendly Notes Have a good time .;)

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 12:24 AM
Heres ya Nugget Sic.
IF you **** this up . Im coming Down there, Gonna Bitch slap the hell out of you . Personaly take that tatterd remnant Of a Man card that you have left , and Shove it up yer ***.

Now On those friendly Notes Have a good time .;)

Well, that's comforting. I know myself well enough to say that I won't do anything horribly wrong. I consider proper conduct so important that I almost never say or do anything the least bit inappropriate, but I'm a little scared she just flat out won't be interested in me. If that's the case then there's not a lot that I can do.

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 12:28 AM
I think this girl might seriously be interested though, because she sent me an email and told me she may be a little late because she has some class project or something at 4:00 but she asked and was granted permission to leave early. If she's asking a professor for permission to skip out early when she's suppose to be doing a class project then I take that as a very positive sign.

Soonerus
10/10/2008, 12:28 AM
Well, that's comforting. I know myself well enough to say that I won't do anything horribly wrong. I consider proper conduct so important that I almost never say or do anything the least bit inappropriate, but I'm a little scared she just flat out won't be interested in me. If that's the case then there's not a lot that I can do.

Don't try so hard...if she likes you fine, if not fine...there is a psychology in not sucking up to her...

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 12:29 AM

Heh .
Im talking about you weasling out , or driving the wrong way or some of yer other dumb **** youve pulled.:D
You will do Ok if Ya just lighten up and enjoy whatever time ya have . If its only a 30 minute Coffee date or Ya wind up in a Long time thingy
Good luck .

Blue
10/10/2008, 12:29 AM
BE YOURSELF. If she doesn't like it, she's a yainch you don't want any part of.

Not hard.

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 12:31 AM
I usually try to kiss ***. Big time. I'm a major league ***-kisser. I think I'm going to try to play this different though and come across "indirectly interested." Like, I'm interested but I'm a VERY cool customer about it. Like I could take it or leave it.

Blue
10/10/2008, 12:34 AM
Be yourself. Not ***-kissing guy or dis-interested guy. Your setting yourself up for an abortion or 40 years of misery. For real.

proud gonzo
10/10/2008, 12:41 AM
I usually try to kiss ***. Big time. I'm a major league ***-kisser. I think I'm going to try to play this different though and come across "indirectly interested." Like, I'm interested but I'm a VERY cool customer about it. Like I could take it or leave it. And how's that been working out for you? :rolleyes:

You are still thinking WAY too hard about all this.

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 12:43 AM
And how's that been working out for you? :rolleyes:

You are still thinking WAY too hard about all this.

It'll be fine in the end. I'm just going to try to remain calm, easy going, and try not to seem too uptight. The rest should take care of itself. :)

proud gonzo
10/10/2008, 12:47 AM
It'll be fine in the end. I'm just going to try to remain calm, easy going, and try not to seem too uptight. The rest should take care of itself. :)no, don't try not to seem too uptight. Just stop being so uptight! lol

Ardmore_Sooner
10/10/2008, 12:50 AM
I've never seen someone over analyze a situation this much.

Correction: I've never seen a male over analyze a situation this much.

proud gonzo
10/10/2008, 12:51 AM

ding ding ding! we have a winner

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 12:54 AM

It's annoying when dealing with people, but its been a blessing in class.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 12:58 AM
It's annoying when dealing with people, but its been a blessing in class.

Dude when you Decide ya gonna smoke a Ceegar ,
Do you open it up smell it and say This is a Great ceegar ?
Or do you stare at it for an hr wafflin on wether to even open it or Not ?Debating with yourself If its gonna be a good cegar , or if its worth the trouble ?
yer funny

Blue
10/10/2008, 01:09 AM
Dude when you Decide ya gonna smoke a Ceegar ,
Do you open it up smell it and say This is a Great ceegar ?
Or do you stare at it for an hr wafflin on wether to even open it or Not ?Debating with yourself If its gonna be a good cegar , or if its worth the trouble ?
yer funny

Wisdom

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 03:22 AM
And how's that been working out for you? :rolleyes:

You are still thinking WAY too hard about all this.A-FREAKIN'-MEN!

Well, that's comforting. I know myself well enough to say that I won't do anything horribly wrong. I consider proper conduct so important that I almost never say or do anything the least bit inappropriate, but I'm a little scared she just flat out won't be interested in me. If that's the case then there's not a lot that I can do.Sometimes girls like it when a guy is a little inappropriate.

Being inappropriate with girls has gotten me a lot of success. ;)

Lott's Bandana
10/10/2008, 06:54 AM
SICEM- SHE'S GOING ON THE DATE WITH YOU BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU HAVE BEEN, not who you think you need to act like.

Ow, that hurt. Anyway, just be SicEm. If you end up with anyone for any length of time, you aren't going to always be able to be Mr Cool-guy (certainly, heh) or Mr Polite-guy...just be you. Fair to you and def fair to her.

If the only wisdom you ever received was from Proud Gonzo and Vet, you'd be a wise man. Both ends of the spectrum there...and both right.

badger
10/10/2008, 08:45 AM
Ow, that hurt. Anyway, just be SicEm. If you end up with anyone for any length of time, you aren't going to always be able to be Mr Cool-guy (certainly, heh) or Mr Polite-guy...just be you. Fair to you and def fair to her.

Don't forget MR. HARDCORE REPUBLICAN-GUY :D

NormanPride
10/10/2008, 10:16 AM
Watching other people date is painful. Watching other people THINK about dating is even more painful.

C&CDean
10/10/2008, 10:34 AM
I sure as hell ain't gonna read this whole thing, but did our boy get some ***** or not?

proud gonzo
10/10/2008, 10:47 AM
not yet.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2008, 10:51 AM
I sure as hell ain't gonna read this whole thing, but did our boy get some ***** or not?

Take a guess.

soonerboomer93
10/10/2008, 10:59 AM
That's true. I have a lot of practice.

PG's a lesbo??

schweeeet

;)

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 11:02 AM

Hes Debating if its worth the trouble :rolleyes:

PDXsooner
10/10/2008, 11:24 AM
let us know if you hit

SoonerJack
10/10/2008, 02:10 PM
has anyone said this thread is worthless without pics?

Because I, for one, would like to see what the heck this McCain-supportin', coffee-drinkin', drama-majorin', Baylor-attendin' chica looks like.

Who's with me?

StormySooner-IN
10/10/2008, 02:34 PM
has anyone said this thread is worthless without pics?

Because I, for one, would like to see what the heck this McCain-supportin', coffee-drinkin', drama-majorin', Baylor-attendin' chica looks like.

Who's with me?
+1:D

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 02:41 PM
There is no way I am going to post this poor girl's pic in the thread.

JohnnyMack
10/10/2008, 02:44 PM

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/shop-inflatable-doll.jpg

badger
10/10/2008, 02:45 PM

It's ok, I found her:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/5605/baylorablaxm9.jpg
;)

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 02:47 PM
It's ok, I found her:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/5605/baylorablaxm9.jpg
;)

Heh,. I wish.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 02:58 PM
Heh,. I wish.

Aint that the 2 hoochies you ran off cause you wuz sleered ?

badger
10/10/2008, 03:02 PM
Ok, ok... is she "L" or "O" ???

http://homepages.baylor.edu/baylorproud/files/2007/09/baylor.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 03:03 PM
Aint that the 2 hoochies you ran off cause you wuz sleered ?

Definitely not.

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 03:03 PM

I'll PM you a link.

CK Sooner
10/10/2008, 03:06 PM

Come on!!

Please?

:(

badger
10/10/2008, 03:07 PM
I'll PM you a link.

:mad: SicEm's PM to me :mad:

Ok, so I don't know how you found those pictures of the four girls I dated last weekend, but I really need you to stop posting them, because my current chick was reading over my shoulder as I was checking this board. If she finds out I was with those four chicks last week she's gonna thing I'm a man whore or something, so please, keep it on DL! Thanks! Oh, and I'm definitely not private messaging her pic to you, because you'll post it and everyone will make her a fark board regular, so anyways, NO MORE PICS OF MY PAST BAYLOR FLINGS, ok???

Is it against board rules to post PM's? Oh well :P

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 03:10 PM
lol. Again, I wish.

badger
10/10/2008, 03:13 PM
lol. Again, I wish.

Whoa... another PRIVATE MESSAGE that I'm going to post! :D

PLEASE... no more posting PM's! I'm trying to keep my wholesome Republican image here and nobody will listen when I tell them to vote for John McCain if they know I've been with even more women than him! Shhhhh! Quiet please!

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 03:15 PM
Whoa... another PRIVATE MESSAGE that I'm going to post! :D

See, now everyone is going to know it's fake because I'm voting for Bob Barr. ;)

badger
10/10/2008, 03:20 PM
See, now everyone is going to know it's fake because I'm voting for Bob Barr. ;)

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8448/fff5pt9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/fff5pt9.jpg/1/w320.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img185/fff5pt9.jpg/1/)

SoonerJack
10/10/2008, 03:23 PM
:mad: SicEm's PM to me :mad:

Is it against board rules to post PM's? Oh well :P

This is the best idea ever! Hey, the fark board could use some fresh material.

C'mon Sicem, you know you want to up your street cred with the ladies.:hot:

SoonerInKCMO
10/10/2008, 03:26 PM

"!"

NormanPride
10/10/2008, 03:47 PM
SicEm, just so you know, I'm going to go home soon. When I get there, I'm going to read her PMs. Then I will post what I find.

Thanks!

badger
10/10/2008, 03:48 PM
SicEm, just so you know, I'm going to go home soon. When I get there, I'm going to read her PMs. Then I will post what I find.

Thanks!

Of course, that's assuming that there are any PM's and I wasn't the only one making PM shizzle up.

Love you too, dearrrrrr. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
10/10/2008, 03:50 PM
Somebody's sleepin' on the couch to-night, doo da, doo da...

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 03:51 PM
Sicem , I sent ya a Peem , You KNOW you can trust me to not Share. Ill just eval. then delete it . Done it before .

badger
10/10/2008, 04:01 PM
Somebody's sleepin' on the couch to-night, doo da, doo da...

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2927/fffce3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/fffce3.jpg/1/w320.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img56/fffce3.jpg/1/)

Dish-klaim-ar: The above cartoon does not reflect the very healthy and incredibly stable marriage between NormanPride and badger, but was used for the sole purpose of livening up this very boring and uneventful board on this travel-to-texas day before the RRS.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 04:05 PM
Sicem trusts the Olevet :cool:
He sent me the Pic, I looked and then Deleted it, Im waiting on a Peem from him to say he wants me to share My Eval of this Young Lady .:cool:

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 04:05 PM
She sent me a PM asking if we could push the coffee to 5:30. I agreed of course and that's even better for me actually.

I just took the hardtop off my Miata so it's cooool convertible Miata.

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 04:08 PM
Ok here comes the Olevet Eval
Shes around a 6 , I think they will make a cute couple. She doesnt appear to be the type who would Play games . so Sic dont Play games with her , Ok ?
Now You go Gurl :P

CK Sooner
10/10/2008, 04:11 PM
Ok here comes the Olevet Eval
Shes around a 6 , I think they will make a cute couple. She doesnt appear to be the type who would Play games . so Sic dont Play games with her , Ok ?
Now You go Gurl :P

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2008, 04:15 PM
This thread has exceeded my expectations, but the real meat will come in a few hours when I find out how the date went. Hopefully, I won't be coming home until tomorrow morning but we shall see! ;)

NormanPride
10/10/2008, 04:16 PM
So it's really not a dude?

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 04:17 PM
This thread has exceeded my expectations, but the real meat will come in a few hours when I find out how the date went. Hopefully, I won't be coming home until tomorrow morning but we shall see! ;)

Dont push it Bro , Like I said , while yer having yer Coffee , mention that yall Mite as well have dinner , then Catch a GOOD movie . Or go dancing .
Dont try to pork her on the 1st date .:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/10/2008, 04:18 PM
So it's really not a dude?

If it is , Its the Most feminine dude Ive ever seen . Shes a Cute lil Red head .

LosAngelesSooner
10/10/2008, 04:23 PM
Dont push it Bro , Like I said , while yer having yer Coffee , mention that yall Mite as well have dinner , then Catch a GOOD movie . Or go dancing .
Dont try to pork her on the 1st date .:rolleyes:

If it is , Its the Most feminine dude Ive ever seen . Shes a Cute lil Red head .Ignore him.

Pork her on the first date.

NYC Poke
10/10/2008, 04:26 PM
This thread has exceeded my expectations, but the real meat will come in a few hours when I find out how the date went.

:eek: