PDA

View Full Version : So I met a girl...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Lott's Bandana
10/21/2008, 12:20 PM
Sometimes being old-fashioned is a good thing, such as a kiss on the hand. SicEm, game is not over....you don't score until you score. Don't punt now...it's only 3rd and short....obviously you were in and you should go to her and stand firm and ask her why she is not interested. Tell her straight up who you are what you are about. Put a little Captain in you (not the drink) and tell her straight up that game is not over, it's only the beginning.

Stalker!!

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 12:37 PM
Sometimes being old-fashioned is a good thing, such as a kiss on the hand. SicEm, game is not over....you don't score until you score. Don't punt now...it's only 3rd and short....obviously you were in and you should go to her and stand firm and ask her why she is not interested. Tell her straight up who you are what you are about. Put a little Captain in you (not the drink) and tell her straight up that game is not over, it's only the beginning.I have found an example of someone whom you absolutely should NOT listen to.

DalHorn
10/21/2008, 12:41 PM
Very entertaining thread. Here are my thoughts.

1. When you kissed her hand you were saying that you probably haven't been on a date in a while. Nobody does this and a lot of girls probably think it's creepy. Regardless of what you think, just don't do it again. I really doubt this was a deal breaker but don't do it again, to repeat.

2. Do not recontact this gal. It will only lead to more disappointment and waste of your time.

3. To follow-up on #2, and most importantly, you will know when someone likes you back. They will answer the phone when you call and write back real soon when you text or email. You place one call or write one text/email, and then wait. If nothing is returned you walk away. I cannot stress this "rule #1" of early dating enough. At least act like you are in control. Much more attractive then looking desperate.

And don't sweat it, everyone has received the rejection and most likely numerous times.. Over-analyzing is another waste of time.

Frozen Sooner
10/21/2008, 12:48 PM
And truly, kissing the hand is a move that should not be attempted by those whose game is any kind of weak.

It can be done by someone in their 50s who's trying to date someone in their early 30s or late 20s, but only if they know how to do it correctly and have a somewhat Euro quality.

Americans in their 20s from Ft. Gibson just shouldn't try this one.

SteelClip49
10/21/2008, 12:50 PM
Don't hate me because I know what I am talking about. But being out there in Los Angeles, the only way she will remain interested is to not say anything and show her wads of Benjamins and she will be convinced.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 12:50 PM
That's what I love about high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age.

Don't act like your getting high school girls.

;)

proud gonzo
10/21/2008, 01:11 PM
Sometimes being old-fashioned is a good thing, such as a kiss on the hand. SicEm, game is not over....you don't score until you score. Don't punt now...it's only 3rd and short....obviously you were in and you should go to her and stand firm and ask her why she is not interested. Tell her straight up who you are what you are about. Put a little Captain in you (not the drink) and tell her straight up that game is not over, it's only the beginning.
bad advice. :eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 01:16 PM
Don't act like your getting high school girls.

;)

thats a quote from a great movie goober :D

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 01:16 PM
SicEm...

Do you still love me?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 01:17 PM

deer gawd

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 01:26 PM
thats a quote from a great movie goober :D

Shut Up!

:D

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 01:27 PM
Not interested?

OK man...

This is exactly why everyone here told you not to put to much into trying to figure her out...

Some folks just don't have a clue...

Her loss...

Lott's bandana is right on the money about focusing on holding fast...

Hold fast to that last sentence, Bro. No need to analyze further.

Quit trying to find a good fit for you...

I have only found a couple that it wouldn't fit in...

Chin Up!

Now...go get a job at some fast food place...

Make sure there is a couple of single hawt chicks working there...

Take them out for drinks with your weekly paycheck until one or both of them cave in...

After that night...quit your job and never go back there.

YWIA

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 01:30 PM
Don't hate me because I know what I am talking about.You don't.
But being out there in Los Angeles, the only way she will remain interested is to not say anything and show her wads of Benjamins and she will be convinced.No. This is another example of you not knowing what you're talking about.

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 01:34 PM
Sic'em...you're in COLLEGE.

College is a virtual FEEDING GROUND for horny hawt chicks. Chicks who WANT to make mistakes and have random secks with guys who they'll regret later.

You should be asking FIVE girls out EVERY DAY. The numbers will work in your favor, and there's no shortage of girls to ask. HAVE FUN. LIVE LIFE. DON'T PLAN THINGS.

"Settling down" and "starting a family" will happen when it's time to happen. You have less control over those things than you think you do.

Now go out there and ask at LEAST 3 girls out today. Flat out. "Hi. What are you doing Friday? I'm gonna take you to dinner."

Trust me.

(now, ignore me and work on a flowchart instead)

Viking Kitten
10/21/2008, 01:41 PM
From a chick's perspective:

This is very bad advice. It doesn't matter why she is not interested. She's not. Move on.

Very entertaining thread. Here are my thoughts.

1. When you kissed her hand you were saying that you probably haven't been on a date in a while. Nobody does this and a lot of girls probably think it's creepy. Regardless of what you think, just don't do it again. I really doubt this was a deal breaker but don't do it again, to repeat.

2. Do not recontact this gal. It will only lead to more disappointment and waste of your time.

3. To follow-up on #2, and most importantly, you will know when someone likes you back. They will answer the phone when you call and write back real soon when you text or email. You place one call or write one text/email, and then wait. If nothing is returned you walk away. I cannot stress this "rule #1" of early dating enough. At least act like you are in control. Much more attractive then looking desperate.

And don't sweat it, everyone has received the rejection and most likely numerous times.. Over-analyzing is another waste of time.

This is very good advice.

soonerboomer93
10/21/2008, 01:46 PM
hah

vknwed

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 01:54 PM
From a hawt chick's perspective:

This is very bad advice. It doesn't matter why she is not interested. She's not. Move on.

This is very good advice.Fixed.

;)

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 02:19 PM
Sic'em...you're in COLLEGE.

College is a virtual FEEDING GROUND for horny hawt chicks. Chicks who WANT to make mistakes and have random secks with guys who they'll regret later.

You should be asking FIVE girls out EVERY DAY. The numbers will work in your favor, and there's no shortage of girls to ask. HAVE FUN. LIVE LIFE. DON'T PLAN THINGS.

"Settling down" and "starting a family" will happen when it's time to happen. You have less control over those things than you think you do.

Now go out there and ask at LEAST 3 girls out today. Flat out. "Hi. What are you doing Friday? I'm gonna take you to dinner."

Trust me.

(now, ignore me and work on a flowchart instead)

You do know he goes to Baylor....right?

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 02:21 PM

Every college has its hot chicks.

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 02:25 PM

Sure, but to meet all the criteria mentioned in LAS's post the chances of finding her may be remote.

perculator
10/21/2008, 02:32 PM
i must say....as a 37 year old married man with 4 kiddos (and knows there is no woman worth stressing over).....this thread has me laughing out load.
anytime this dudes picture gets posted.....it's good stuff!
http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

perculator
10/21/2008, 02:47 PM
Here's the cliff notes:

I met a girl much younger.
She agreed to have coffee.
Coffee date went well.
I asked her to dinner next week and she said yes.
Tonight I walked her back to her dorm and kissed her hand goodnight.

heh......just wanted to try it out.
http://www.forumspile.com/Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 02:48 PM

Don't hate me because I know what I am talking about.

Judging by the above post and a few others in this thread, you don't know what you're talking about.

JohnnyMack
10/21/2008, 02:53 PM
I haven't the patience to read this whole thread, has SicEm come out yet?

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 02:54 PM

Yea, but I think the one slutty one transferred to OU for a semester, and now goes to OU-Tulsa. Yes, I am talking about someone I know who transferred from Baylor because she was, well... bored...

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 02:55 PM
I haven't the patience to read this whole thread, has SicEm come out yet?

I think we're that much closer to finding you and Dean a transvestite.:texan:

LosAngelesSooner
You do know he goes to Baylor....right?Repressed chicks are almost always the easiest to get into bed.

JohnnyMack
I think we're that much closer to finding you and Dean a transvestite.:texan:

Sweet. Keep me posted.

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 03:07 PM
Repressed chicks are almost always the easiest to get into bed.

But we're dealing with two repressed genders here.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry guys, but I kiss my girlfriend on the hand all the time, and she LOVES it. I dunno if I would do it to someone I was trying to date though.

Taxman71
10/21/2008, 03:21 PM
Dinner schminner....go to a club, stay until closing time, pretend like your friend left you and start asking every lonely looking girl for a ride home. Make sure she comes up for a drink if she actually takes you to your place. 100% guaranteed results and you don't have to go through the agony of picking her up sober, paying for dinner and doing all the niceties.

FYI - country and western clubs work best.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 03:28 PM
Dinner schminner....go to a club, stay until closing time, pretend like your friend left you and start asking every lonely looking girl for a ride home. Make sure she comes up for a drink if she actually takes you to your place. 100% guaranteed results and you don't have to go through the agony of picking her up sober, paying for dinner and doing all the niceties.

FYI - country and western clubs work best.

Good luck with that.

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry guys, but I kiss my girlfriend on the hand all the time, and she LOVES it. I dunno if I would do it to someone I was trying to date though.
That's the point. You've already done the nasty with her, so now it's cute. I kiss my girlfriend on the tip of the nose...NOW.

But I wouldn't do that on a first DATE. (lawd...could you imagine?)

But we're dealing with two repressed genders here.Dude...who brought YOU out of retirement?!?!

SteelClip49
10/21/2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, bad advice... always wonder what if instead of just going with it. Sheesh, I wonder about people sometimes. It's all about taking risks; why hold back? That goes for anything.

Taxman71
10/21/2008, 03:34 PM
Good luck with that.

You are obviously too young to have experienced the coin beer greatness that was Incahoots during the 90's.

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 03:36 PM
You are obviously too young to have experienced the coin beer greatness that was Walter Mitty's during the 70's.

fixed-

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 03:36 PM
You are obviously too young to have experienced the coin beer greatness that was Incahoots during the 90's.

I'm just saying you have to be pretty desperate to do that.

Which SicEm probably is, so let's just forget I said that.

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 03:39 PM
That's the point. You've already done the nasty with her, so now it's cute. I kiss my girlfriend on the tip of the nose...NOW.

But I wouldn't do that on a first DATE. (lawd...could you imagine?)

Dude...who brought YOU out of retirement?!?!

Did I need your permission?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2008, 03:40 PM
Just to make sure I m not misintepreting your advice...

You like girl and pursue her..she says not interested.. and you say "Yes you are!"(not the words you used but the way I understood the game has just began part)

Viking Kitten
10/21/2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, bad advice... always wonder what if instead of just going with it. Sheesh, I wonder about people sometimes. It's all about taking risks; why hold back? That goes for anything.

Because repeated phone calls after a girl has indicated non-interest are likely to make her even less interested, if not downright annoyed.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 03:56 PM
Because repeated phone calls after a girl has indicated non-interest are likely to make her even less interested, if not downright annoyed.

O what do you know? ;)

SoonerJack
10/21/2008, 03:58 PM
Did After Daddy's Money have coin beer nights?

Does anybody else remember that place?

proud gonzo
10/21/2008, 04:07 PM
and also possibly elicit profanity and threats.

FmrEmpOUathdept--is your name Martin, by any chance? :eek:

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 04:08 PM
Did I need your permission?Nope. I'm just wondering which recently banned poster is using you as a Troll handle. Hmmm.... ;)

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 04:12 PM
Nope. I'm just wondering which recently banned poster is using you as a Troll handle. Hmmm.... ;)

No LAS, I've never been banned. Iv'e just been away due to some health problems over the last 8 months or so.

LosAngelesSooner
10/21/2008, 04:22 PM
No LAS, I've never been banned. Iv'e just been away due to some health problems over the last 8 months or so.Ah. My apologies. I'm glad you're feeling better. :)

Taxman71
10/21/2008, 04:23 PM
I'm just saying you have to be pretty desperate to do that.

Which SicEm probably is, so let's just forget I said that.

I think you need to define the word "desperate". Are you desperate if you just finished a round of golf and want to squeeze in a few more holes?

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 04:25 PM
I think you need to define the word "desperate". Are you desperate if you just finished a round of golf and want to squeeze in a few more holes?

Desperate like can't get a girl and have to stoop to new lows to get one.

BigRedJed
10/21/2008, 04:33 PM

Yes.

and

Yes.

Skysooner
10/21/2008, 04:35 PM

I bagged more Baylor chicks when I was going to school in Texas than any other place. The more repressed they are, the more they are willing to put out as a general rule (at least in college).

IB4OU2
10/21/2008, 04:38 PM
I bagged more Baylor chicks when I was going to school in Texas than any other place. The more repressed they are, the more they are willing to put out as a general rule (at least in college).

True, Falls Creek memories are coming back to me now. ;)

Taxman71
10/21/2008, 05:02 PM
Desperate like can't get a girl and have to stoop to new lows to get one.

Picking the low-hanging fruit ain't desperate.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 05:03 PM

Our opinions differ.

Taxman71
10/21/2008, 05:04 PM
So, if you see a dollar lying the street you won't pick it up? Riiiiigggghhhhhhhhtt.

Skysooner
10/21/2008, 05:14 PM

I'm from Edmond. I learned about the Oklahoma Christian College girls (Church of Christ) early on. That was heaven as a high school junior/senior.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 05:30 PM
Holy ****, the game may be on again!

I'll explain more later, but I have some place to be.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 05:31 PM

Hurry the **** up and get back.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 05:31 PM
This thread is like the stock market. One giant roller coaster.

olevetonahill
10/21/2008, 05:48 PM

Sic, peem me . Yer box is full .

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:00 PM
Sic, peem me . Yer box is full .

Pass on the information to me.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:06 PM
You guys are gettin' gitty like school girls! ;)

olevetonahill
10/21/2008, 06:07 PM
Pass on the information to me.

You of all folks should Know , I dont share certain parts of stuff folks have told me .

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:12 PM
You of all folks should Know , I dont share certain parts of stuff folks have told me .

He said he was going to tell all of us...

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 06:17 PM
Here's the run down:

First, I was about to call her the other night to confirm plans but she sent me a message on Facebook that said that she found out she has drama practice this week, next week, and probably just "doesn't have time for this sort of thing." I took that as a nice way of telling me she wasn't interested. I wrote back and said that I totally understood, but that I liked her and if she changed her mind then to let me know.

So, about an hour ago I get this message back from her and I honestly don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, it seems she might actually be interested but without the time to do anything. On the other hand, my friends here have all told me something along the lines of "Screw her. If she is going to cancel on you then forget about her."

Basically, she tells me that she feels really bad about backing out. She said, "I can't do anything about rehearsal, but I don't want to scare you off." She goes on to explain that she over commits to things like drama and her personal life always suffers as a result.

Then she apologizes again and says, "I feel like we could be really good friends, but I can't really commit to much else right now." She wraps up by saying she wants to talk to me about this, but Facebook and the phone are too impersonal and she hopes to see me at this congressional debate in Collie Station next week.

So, I can't decide if she's going way out of her way to let me down easily or if I should take what she says at face value and assume that the problem is with a lack of time and not her interest in me.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:20 PM
Here's the run down:

First, I was about to call her the other night to confirm plans but she sent me a message on Facebook that said that she found out she has drama practice this week, next week, and probably just "doesn't have time for this sort of thing." I took that as a nice way of telling me she wasn't interested. I wrote back and said that I totally understood, but that I liked her and if she changed her mind then to let me know.

So, about an hour ago I get this message back from her and I honestly don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, it seems she might actually be interested but without the time to do anything. On the other hand, my friends here have all told me something along the lines of "Screw her. If she is going to cancel on you then forget about her."

Basically, she tells me that she feels really bad about backing out. She said, "I can't do anything about rehearsal, but I don't want to scare you off." She goes on to explain that she over commits to things like drama and her personal life always suffers as a result.

Then she apologizes again and says, "I feel like we could be really good friends, but I can't really commit to much else right now." She wraps up by saying she wants to talk to me about this, but Facebook and the phone are too impersonal and she hopes to see me at this congressional debate in Collie Station next week.

So, I can't decide if she's going way out of her way to let me down easily or if I should take what she says at face value and assume that the problem is with a lack of time and not her interest in me.

It doesn't sound good from what I just read.

(I got the low-down first Vet)

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 06:21 PM
It doesn't sound good from what I just read.

(I got the low-down first Vet)

Yes, I think clearly she just wants to be friends. There is some doubt though since the rest of her message indicates she would be interested if she had more time.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 06:23 PM
Yes, I think clearly she just wants to be friends. There is some doubt though since the rest of her message indicates she would be interested if she had more time.

There is still hope though.

Just be friends with her for a while and see where it goes from there.

I don't think they is such as thing of a guy and girl being just friends, there just has to be some interest there.

olevetonahill
10/21/2008, 06:33 PM

Bro take her Out to dinner , Spend time with her at the meetings and Just relax and Let what will be , Be .;)

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/21/2008, 07:05 PM
I don't think they is such as thing of a guy and girl being just friends, there just has to be some interest there.

Something tells me CK's never been with a girl who hasn't faked it in a delicatessen. ;)

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 07:13 PM
Something tells me CK's never been with a girl who hasn't faked it in a delicatessen. ;)

Shut Up.

;)

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 07:23 PM

Depends on what the low hanging fruit looks like.

FroggyStyle22
10/21/2008, 07:29 PM

You have already given her an out by saying you understand. I don't think she needs to go any further to let you down easy.

If she says she wants to be friends and you do value her as an individual spend time with her. Worst case scenario you get a friend out of it

Sorry to jump in so late in the conversation. I'll hang up and lurk some more. Good Luck.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 07:45 PM
Here's the run down:

Personally, I think she is using her busy life as an easy way to get to know you and be friends, if she likes you take it further, but if she doesnt she already told you she dont have time for relationships...to me it sounds like you have an opening, go get her and dont let her question her decision.

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2008, 08:01 PM

Falls Creek!!! Mmmmmm, good times. ;)

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:02 PM
Devils hot tub

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2008, 08:10 PM
She really is sending you mixed signals...sounds like she might want to start off with the friendship thing and see where it goes. That's not a bad plan. Just hang out with her when possible in casual settings (coffee, debates, etc.) and get to know each other a little better. If the chemistry's really there, you'll know.
Good luck.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 08:11 PM
She really is sending you mixed signals...sounds like she might want to start off with the friendship thing and see where it goes. That's not a bad plan. Just hang out with her when possible in casual settings (coffee, debates, etc.) and get to know each other a little better. If the chemistry's really there, you'll know.
Good luck.

Be sure to hide your Boner, dont let her see your Boner before she is ready to touch it!!!

PalmBeachSooner1
10/21/2008, 08:12 PM
Ask her for sex. If that's good, then ask her out

proud gonzo
10/21/2008, 08:17 PM
I don't think they is such as thing of a guy and girl being just friends, there just has to be some interest there.then you are stupid.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:38 PM
then you are stupid.

Well, I think your stupid.

Sooner04
10/21/2008, 08:54 PM
Well, I think your stupid.
Ironic, especially when you factor in your butchering of the Queen's English.

Sic 'em. Listen to me. Be friends with this gal if she wants. Just don't waste any time on her. Bottle yourself up from her, but if you want to be friends too, cool. NOW HEAR THIS! If you do your job here, and don't give her any vibe that you're still interested in being in a relationship with her, you stand a very good chance of knocking boots with this gal.

This whole situation reeks of Abba's 1977 hit, "Take a Chance on Me".

When the pretty birds have flown, Sic 'em, there won't be enough condoms within ten miles of the Brazos for you.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 08:57 PM
Ironic, especially when you factor in your butchering of the Queen's English.

Sic 'em. Listen to me. Be friends with this gal if she wants. Just don't waste any time on her. Bottle yourself up from her, but if you want to be friends too, cool. NOW HEAR THIS! If you do your job here, and don't give her any vibe that you're still interested in being in a relationship with her, you stand a very good chance of knocking boots with this gal.

This whole situation reeks of Abba's 1977 hit, "Take a Chance on Me".

When the pretty birds have flown, Sic 'em, there won't be enough condoms within ten miles of the Brazos for you.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/gay.jpg

;)

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 09:09 PM
Curly, I am in the trenches taking bullets where are you!?

:D:D

Sooner04
10/21/2008, 09:11 PM
Why are you hi-jacking this thread from the Baylor kid? Most of us actually give a damn about the situation and you're cluttering the thing up like all the rest of the threads you've festooned yourself upon.

Curly Bill
10/21/2008, 09:13 PM
Curly, I am in the trenches taking bullets where are you!?

:D:D

Do I know you?

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 09:16 PM
Call her.

And the kiss better involve tongue or you'll be branded a prude.

Your really helping him also.

:rolleyes:

bluedogok
10/21/2008, 09:19 PM
I spent many a coin there and Grahams as well before Incahoots.

I do as well.....

I don't think they is such as thing of a guy and girl being just friends, there just has to be some interest there.then you are stupid.
Nope, he's just young and horny....to most 18 y.o. males they can't see anything past getting laid. He hasn't yet figured what "friendship" can lead to :D

proud gonzo
10/21/2008, 09:20 PM
Well, I think your stupid.If a person is only "more than friends" and never "just friends" with members of the opposite gender, maybe they just don't have anything to offer other than sex.

Sooner04
10/21/2008, 09:21 PM
Your really helping him also.
Two things, kid.

1. Your English is terrible.

2. You haven't been on this board long. Lots of people have. Lots of people remember a thread I had years ago called "The Official Bash Your Ex" Thread that noted, in great detail, the trouble I had with the girl I left back home when I went to college. I see a lot of the same problems I had in Sic 'em's troubles. I was Mark David Chapman without a book by Salinger in my hand back then. It was brutal, trust me, and I don't want the guy making the same mistakes I made.

I've looked back at a few situations that I found myself in during my first two years in college and it's appalling how much fun I "could" have had if I'd had a brain in my head. The experiences missed haunt me now.

But you're right. You're banging some 15-year-old thinking you know all there is to know about women. Fact of the matter is your palm is as red as the hair on Carrot Top's head.

CK Sooner
10/21/2008, 09:22 PM
If a person is only "more than friends" and never "just friends" with members of the opposite gender, maybe they just don't have anything to offer other than sex. :norm:

I'm just saying from my experience not being friends and "dating" has worked out pretty well.

setem
10/21/2008, 09:34 PM
Falls Creek!!! Mmmmmm, good times. ;)

That place was Sinville, USA! Crazy times indeed!

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 09:35 PM
I never went to Falls Creek, but 90% of the kids in my town did. I had several friends that lost their virginity there.

Evidently that place has some stories to tell.

proud gonzo
10/21/2008, 09:36 PM
I'm just saying from my experience not being friends and "dating" has worked out pretty well.I'm just saying from my experience, you're stupid.

and seriously, "I don't think they is such as thing of a guy and girl being just friends..."? 04 is right about your english, dude. it sucks worse than your relationship advice.

GottaHavePride
10/21/2008, 09:39 PM

Dude. This is very simple. Let me explain what "drama chick" really means.

The theater involves rehearsals. A LOT of rehearsals. I'm talking, when you hit dress rehearsal week, you're there EVERY NIGHT from 6pm until the director lets you go. Sometimes that's 9pm. Sometimes it's 11:30pm. It all depends. And it can't be predicted.

Then you have the other backstage stuff. Every drama department I've ever seen uses students to do everything else. Costume fittings (every single person in the cast has to be measured in great detail), MAKING the costumes - many times multiple costumes per person... building the set can take weeks of work. Students have to design how to use the lighting equipment, hang the lights, put colored gels on the lights, and figure out when to turn sets of lights on and off to get the proper effect. Same for special effects, sound equipment, etc. etc. etc.

Getting my drift yet? Judging from what you've said, she's totally into you and she's upset that she's too busy to stop to sleep, because she still has classes on TOP of all that.

BOTTOM LINE: Just hang out with her somewhere. Tell her "hey, why don't I bring a movie over and you can relax." Get up to get her a drink if she wants one (doesn't have to be booze - anything). Shut the hell up and let her vent. Put an arm around her. Massage her neck.

Srsly, a tree sloth could not possibly **** this up.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 09:42 PM
You know the weird thing is that this possible lack of interest in me hasn't really bothered me at all. I wasn't even horribly upset -- I was disappointed but I shrugged it off better than I thought I would have.

Its been 4 years since my last relationship, and 9 years since I last asked someone out. Surprisingly enough, this has made me much more confident about doing it again soon (if things with this girl are kaput). I sort of expected the entire world to come crashing down if I was rejected, but it really has given me a sense of liberation.

I'll also say that I haven't thought too much of SicEmEx since I first asked this girl out. The girl who is constantly at the forefront of my mind has barely been an after thought for the last 2 weeks, and I consider that a very very good thing.

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 09:54 PM
Dude. This is very simple. Let me explain what "drama chick" really means.

The theater involves rehearsals. A LOT of rehearsals. I'm talking, when you hit dress rehearsal week, you're there EVERY NIGHT from 6pm until the director lets you go. Sometimes that's 9pm. Sometimes it's 11:30pm. It all depends. And it can't be predicted.

Then you have the other backstage stuff. Every drama department I've ever seen uses students to do everything else. Costume fittings (every single person in the cast has to be measured in great detail), MAKING the costumes - many times multiple costumes per person... building the set can take weeks of work. Students have to design how to use the lighting equipment, hang the lights, put colored gels on the lights, and figure out when to turn sets of lights on and off to get the proper effect. Same for special effects, sound equipment, etc. etc. etc.

Getting my drift yet? Judging from what you've said, she's totally into you and she's upset that she's too busy to stop to sleep, because she still has classes on TOP of all that.

BOTTOM LINE: Just hang out with her somewhere. Tell her "hey, why don't I bring a movie over and you can relax." Get up to get her a drink if she wants one (doesn't have to be booze - anything). Shut the hell up and let her vent. Put an arm around her. Massage her neck.

Srsly, a tree sloth could not possibly **** this up.

Wow, this sounds almost exactly what a girl I was dating awhile back was saying, 'cept she is in med school. I still text her every now and then...

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 09:56 PM
Off subject...

I'm out of beer and laundry detergent, and I want both beer and laundry detergent tonight although it could certainly wait until tomorrow.

Is beer and detergent worth a 10:00 trip to Wal-Mart?

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2008, 09:58 PM
Two words Sic Em; Roofy Colada. YWIA :)

GottaHavePride
10/21/2008, 09:58 PM
laundry detergent yes. Beer that can be found at wal-mart? no.

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2008, 09:59 PM
You know the weird thing is that this possible lack of interest in me hasn't really bothered me at all. I wasn't even horribly upset -- I was disappointed but I shrugged it off better than I thought I would have.

Its been 4 years since my last relationship, and 9 years since I last asked someone out. Surprisingly enough, this has made me much more confident about doing it again soon (if things with this girl are kaput). I sort of expected the entire world to come crashing down if I was rejected, but it really has given me a sense of liberation.

I'll also say that I haven't thought too much of SicEmEx since I first asked this girl out. The girl who is constantly at the forefront of my mind has barely been an after thought for the last 2 weeks, and I consider that a very very good thing.

All good, healthy signs. Now you have some confidence. I don't think things are impossible with this girl, but while you're waiting for her to get her **** together - and don't wait long - you oughta give it a shot with another girl. Or two. Or more. You see someone you think you'd like to go out with, ask. The more you ask, the more confidence you'll have. Confidence (NOT dooshbag cockiness) is very sexy to women.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 10:00 PM
laundry detergent yes. Beer that can be found at wal-mart? no.

Shiner. I drink a LOT of Shiner.

This is the good Shiner too not the fake Oklahoma crap that passes itself off as beer.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 10:00 PM
Off subject...

I'm out of beer and laundry detergent, and I want both beer and laundry detergent tonight although it could certainly wait until tomorrow.

YES!

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2008, 10:01 PM
The aye's have it. I'm off to Wally World.

tommieharris91
10/21/2008, 10:02 PM
Off subject...

You're in texas. It's worth it.

Turd_Ferguson
10/21/2008, 10:03 PM
I'm try'n to figger out how the **** this thread went 43 pages.

GottaHavePride
10/21/2008, 10:06 PM
Shiner. I drink a LOT of Shiner.

This is the good Shiner too not the fake Oklahoma crap that passes itself off as beer.

Meh. I buy my beer in liquor stores, so it's all full-strength anyway. Plus, I'm in Wichita now, so I can buy it all the way up to 11 pm, and refrigerated, too.

I'll take Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest over Shiner, though Shiner is ok if it's all you can find. Killian's Red is the best of the Wal-Mart beers.

I'm try'n to figger out how the **** this thread went 43 pages.

It's only 22 pages to me.

Collier11
10/21/2008, 10:09 PM

buy some ****ers and **** *** in them, it will be liberating for you :D

olevetonahill
10/21/2008, 11:00 PM
All good, healthy signs. Now you have some confidence. I don't think things are impossible with this girl, but while you're waiting for her to get her **** together - and don't wait long - you oughta give it a shot with another girl. Or two. Or more. You see someone you think you'd like to go out with, ask. The more you ask, the more confidence you'll have. Confidence (NOT dooshbag cockiness) is very sexy to women.

Im kinda bashful , Myself :O

SoonerKnight
10/21/2008, 11:22 PM
She sounds like she wants to have a relationship but is busy with the drama crap! Also, her saying she didn't want to scare you off sounds like she thought about her reply and figure she needed to clarify. Her wanting to talk in person not on face book :rolleyes: and the phone is another good sign. Now, if you like this girl when you talk to her cut the BS and lay it on the line! She'll either spend some time with ya or ya move on!

StoopTroup
10/21/2008, 11:55 PM

Remember to fill out an application.

YWIA :D

olevetonahill
10/22/2008, 12:09 AM
Remember to fill out an application.

YWIA :D

I think hes to young to Be a Greeter .

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 12:10 AM
I miss teaching and coaching swimming. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I get the impression that swimming isn't as big a sport in Texas as it is in Oklahoma.

StoopTroup
10/22/2008, 12:18 AM
Always hang around the hair products area.

YWIA! :D

LV4ZLSPZ92Y&NR=1

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 01:27 AM
And truly, kissing the hand is a move that should not be attempted by those whose game is any kind of weak.

It can be done by someone in their 50s who's trying to date someone in their early 30s or late 20s, but only if they know how to do it correctly and have a somewhat Euro quality.

Americans in their 20s from Ft. Gibson just shouldn't try this one.

Ft. Gibson has a Euro quality to it...

SoonerKnight
10/22/2008, 01:29 AM

right. and did you score? :rolleyes: :P

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 01:31 AM
right. and did you score? :rolleyes: :P

I did with a chick also from Ft. Gibson. ;)

StoopTroup
10/22/2008, 01:33 AM
I did with a chick also from Ft. Gibson. ;)

http://my_sarisari_store.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/03/15/one_day_old_chick_2.jpg

soonerboomer93
10/22/2008, 01:45 AM
I'm just saying from my experience not being friends and "dating" has worked out pretty well.

You do realize, that some of the people giving advise in this thread have been dating and in relationships since well before you were even a wet spot in your papa's bed. Many of us have also been friends with sicem talked with him about some of the **** he's gone through.

Times may change, but certain basic relationship principles don't.

soonerboomer93
10/22/2008, 01:46 AM
Hey sicem, it's a good thing that she things facebook and the phone is too impersonal.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 01:47 AM
Hey sicem, it's a good thing that she things facebook and the phone is too impersonal.

Good for me or just good as in a general credit to her character?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/22/2008, 02:01 AM
Both

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/22/2008, 02:04 AM
Just be yourself, if you like to kiss the hand or plan **** out to any degree. Someday you will find a girl who finds that endearing. I think true happiness comes when you find someone who finds your little eccentricities adorable and not just bearable.

SteelClip49
10/22/2008, 08:31 AM
Glad my advice worked!!!!

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 08:53 AM

Gawd, I literally spit my coffee when I read this one...:eek:

Yes, when I was in Rome I couldn't help but crave chicken-fried steak. I'm trying to see it, truly.

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 08:55 AM
I miss teaching and coaching swimming. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I get the impression that swimming isn't as big a sport in Texas as it is in Oklahoma.

It is in the Metroplex. And aTm and the whorns still have men's swimming, although the Big XII is actually only the Big IV when it comes to this, and neither Oklahoma school has a program.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/22/2008, 10:55 AM
I've had a life the last few days. Could someone offer the Cliff's Notes version?

Half a Hundred
10/22/2008, 11:03 AM

Now I know you're pulling our legs. Swimming is HUGE in Texas, probably bigger than in Oklahoma.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2008, 11:05 AM

I agree..sounds like she may not be blowing smoke up your butt...

One thing that guys in your position do a lot of times is MOVE WAY TOO FAST.....inexperience daters often fall "in love" too fast and do not give things an opportunity to just happen...and end up smothering the girl and causing her to resent you...

So if anything does potentially come from all of this, please take your time..

Taxman71
10/22/2008, 11:38 AM
I agree..sounds like she may not be blowing smoke up your butt...

One thing that guys in your position do a lot of times is MOVE WAY TOO FAST.....inexperience daters often fall "in love" too fast and do not give things an opportunity to just happen...and end up smothering the girl and causing her to resent you...

So if anything does potentially come from all of this, please take your time..

Stated another way, don't put the you-know-what on a pedastal. Make it come to you.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 02:53 PM
Now I know you're pulling our legs. Swimming is HUGE in Texas, probably bigger than in Oklahoma.

On the college level, but not HS. I was talking HS. HS swimming down here is virtually unheard of at least in Central Texas...I don't know if it's different in other parts of the state.

OUsooner1
10/22/2008, 05:14 PM
Cliffs plz??? :D

Half a Hundred
10/22/2008, 08:43 PM
On the college level, but not HS. I was talking HS. HS swimming down here is virtually unheard of at least in Central Texas...I don't know if it's different in other parts of the state.

Come to the Houston area. High School swimming, while not as big as football, still has a sizable following, particularly on the north side. Every suburban neighborhood has its own swim team, and there are several club teams for the offseason. It's prominent in the northern and western Austin suburbs as well.

Naturally, in the sticks around Waco, it isn't going to be that big, since there's no money to build Olympic-sized pools, not to mention pay for the maintenance.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 08:45 PM
Come to the Houston area. High School swimming, while not as big as football, still has a sizable following, particularly on the north side. Every suburban neighborhood has its own swim team, and there are several club teams for the offseason. It's prominent in the northern and western Austin suburbs as well.

Naturally, in the sticks around Waco, it isn't going to be that big, since there's no money to build Olympic-sized pools, not to mention pay for the maintenance.

True. Few high schools use olympic sized pools though. Most are half-sized 25m pools.

In Oklahoma a lot of the urban high schools (I'm looking at you Booker T. Washington) use 20 yard pools which were insanely irritating to swim in. It was like 3 strokes and you're already at the other wall. :rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 10:02 PM
When Howzit and I were swimming for the dynasty that was: Norman High Swimming, NHS didn't have a pool. Still doesn't. We practiced in an oversized hot tub behind the Field House. Now it's a parking lot.

salth2o
10/22/2008, 10:04 PM
I am amazed at how this thread has morphed from "I may have a date" into "a f***ing swimming discussion". :)

bluedogok
10/22/2008, 10:20 PM
It is in the Metroplex. And aTm and the whorns still have men's swimming, although the Big XII is actually only the Big IV when it comes to this, and neither Oklahoma school has a program.
I think the more affluent suburban programs here have it because they feed quite a few to the swimming Whorn program....not just the drunk ones on the Guadalupe either....

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 10:20 PM
I am amazed at how this thread has morphed from "I may have a date" into "a f***ing swimming discussion". :)

Yeah, and isn't it ginormously less painful, and equally as boring? :P

bluedogok
10/22/2008, 10:21 PM
I think the more affluent suburban programs here have it because they feed quite a few to the swimming Whorn program....not just the drunk ones on the Guadalupe either....

Welcome to the internet..been around long? :D

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 10:25 PM
When Howzit and I were swimming for the dynasty that was: Norman High Swimming, NHS didn't have a pool. Still doesn't. We practiced in an oversized hot tub behind the Field House. Now it's a parking lot.

In my opinion, Union has the best HS pool in the state. In my opinion, we (FTG) have the second best.

Harrah has a pretty decent complex as well.

The very worst has to be the old Booker T. Washington pool. That place was so disgusting that I felt like I needed a bio-hazard shower after every meet. It was so lacking in chlorine that you could just slide across the surface of the water on top of the 2" of algae.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 10:28 PM

We have to fill the time with something until I have "the talk" with this girl on Monday. She wants to talk in person, and we're both going to be in College Station so I'm assuming we'll talk then.

I am kind of thinking of offering her a ride, but being stuck in a car with her for an hour and a half each way may be uncomfortable for both of us depending on how "the talk" goes.

Half a Hundred
10/22/2008, 10:30 PM

And let me guess... you got-damn liked it that way!

:dean:

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 10:33 PM
You know what I think just occurred to me within the last 30 seconds?

This girl is fresh out of HS. My last relationship started in HS, and I know full well how HS relationships get started. Typically, you make your interest known and *bam* you're in a relationship. It isn't until you get a little older that it morphs into the more adult "date and then relationship" thing.

Now, let's go back and analyze what this girl said. She seems to indicate that she is interested and doesn't want to "run me off", but she doesn't have time "for that sort of thing." I think she is still stuck in high school dating terms where you were suddenly in a relationship. I think she thinks that she doesn't have time for a full time relationship, whereas I'm just trying to get her to go to dinner. I mean I want a relationship, but I'm not expecting something right off the bat here.

Since she's so much younger it's possible that we have difference concepts of "dating." What say you all?

Half a Hundred
10/22/2008, 10:36 PM

This girl is fresh out of HS. My last relationship started in HS, and I know full well how HS relationships get started. Typically, you make your interest known and *bam* you're in a relationship. It isn't until you get a little older that it morphs into the more adult "date and then relationship" thing.

Now, let's go back and analyze what this girl said. She seems to indicate that she is interested and doesn't want to "run me off", but she doesn't have time "for that sort of thing." I think she is still stuck in high school dating terms where you were suddenly in a relationship. I think she thinks that she doesn't have time for a full time relationship, whereas I'm just trying to get her to go to dinner. I mean I want a relationship, but I'm not expecting something right off the bat here.

Since she's so much younger it's possible that we have difference concepts of "dating." What say you all?

Go out with her long enough to get some on a continuous basis (what she's probably looking for too, don't think of it being crude or boorish), then part your ways amicably saying it was fun, but not right for now.

If it was anything more, she'll be back after playing the field again for a little while

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 10:37 PM
And let me guess... you got-damn liked it that way!

:dean:

We still "practicing"!

Dayum, I wrote that wrong didn't I? :D

salth2o
10/22/2008, 10:37 PM

I admire your preference in younger women. The Redhead is 5 years younger than me. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 10:38 PM
Go out with her long enough to get some on a continuous basis (what she's probably looking for too, don't think of it being crude or boorish), then part your ways amicably saying it was fun, but not right for now.

If it was anything more, she'll be back after playing the field again for a little while

I already had a girl break things off and tell me to wait around for her to play the field and then she would come back to me. It ended with her getting married and me spending 6 months holed up in my apartment looking down a bottle of Jack every day.

I am NOT going to do that again. I'm looking for something long term and stable. Very very stable.

proud gonzo
10/22/2008, 10:39 PM

uh, YEAH, because she's nineteen.

proud gonzo
10/22/2008, 10:39 PM
and I forgot this:

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

Collier11
10/22/2008, 10:40 PM
we're both going to be in College Station so I'm assuming we'll talk then.

Ask her to meet up with you in College Station and grab lunch or something, play it cool but dont act like it doesnt matterI am kind of thinking of offering her a ride, but being stuck in a car with her for an hour and a half each way may be uncomfortable for both of us depending on how "the talk" goes.

Dont ask her to ride with you, bad idea at this point IMHO

I told you earlier, IMO she is using the "always busy" thing as a defense mechanism...that way she can gage if she really likes you and if she doesnt or she thinks you dont, it gives her an out. I think the girl might like you though and that is why she is protecting herself, plus like you said she is young so probably trying to act like she is grown up and has alot going on

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2008, 10:41 PM

Well, should I basically tell her that on Monday? Should I tell her that I'm not asking her to spend every waking moment with me, and that to start out with I'm just looking for a dinner date and that hopefully will lead to more?

Lott's Bandana
10/22/2008, 10:41 PM

Folks been tellin you that for about 230 posts...

However, your epiphany has been long-coming. Now that it is here, you can gain some dayum confidence from it and realize your limited contact with her (in her mind, in yours you will still be here posting...ha.) will eventually make her more comfortable with you and she will become a dater instead of a relationshipper.

That is, IF you are correct with your hypothesis. :rolleyes:

Half a Hundred
10/22/2008, 10:53 PM
I already had a girl break things off and tell me to wait around for her to play the field and then she would come back to me. It ended with her getting married and me spending 6 months holed up in my apartment looking down a bottle of Jack every day.

I am NOT going to do that again. I'm looking for something long term and stable. Very very stable.

I'm saying this with the full disclosure that I've done nothing but try to help the whole time. This is not with the intention of belittling that experience or anything, because I've been there several times before

Dude, seriously, get over yourself. Dating is not an easy business, and that **** is going to happen. You are never going to find a stable relationship at this age, because people our age get bored with stable relationships. It just doesn't work for 20-somethings. It takes 10 years of crappy stupid relationships *some with the minister's blessing* to be mature enough for a stable long-term relationship, but we all have to take our hits. This isn't something you can control, but your attitude is.

Honestly, grow a pair and just go out there and have fun. If it's meant to be, it'll happen. You can't worry about it so much.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2008, 06:46 AM
I think she is just really busy and doesn't have time for that right now.

Sheesh. It's not that difficult. Sounds like she thinks you are a nice guy but doesn't like you like that right now.

85Sooner
10/23/2008, 08:31 AM
Your too nice. Be an A hole and she'll come running to change you.

Collier11
10/23/2008, 08:36 AM
Well, should I basically tell her that on Monday? Should I tell her that I'm not asking her to spend every waking moment with me, and that to start out with I'm just looking for a dinner date and that hopefully will lead to more?

ask her to fallate you and then you can see where it goes :D

OKMAGIC
10/23/2008, 09:02 AM
nonchalantly lick your eyebrows next time your around her.

Taxman71
10/23/2008, 09:24 AM
This thread could have been avoided with a call to radio Delilah.

Delilah (http://www.radiodelilah.com/home/home.html)

SteelClip49
10/23/2008, 09:31 AM
Casady has an olympic sized pool.....very nice for a bunch of snobbish pricks. As far as going from "I have a date" to "swimming" discussion, perhaps the two could eventually fall in love, blah blah blah and talk about swimming sperm....or not, but hey, it's legit.

I hope this thread goes over 1,000. This has been a lot of fun and should be a Hall of Fame thread..... or be inducted into the Hall of Threads.

Taxman71
10/23/2008, 09:37 AM
"ya know, speaking of good swimmers........."

There's your in. Then again, young people running around in swimsuits should be sufficient to get things started in the love department. Worked for Michael J. Fox when he worked in the mailroom at Primrose.

SteelClip49
10/23/2008, 09:44 AM
Secret of My Success..... one of the most underrated movies of the 80s!!!! I wish that would come back to tv damn it!!! Fox aka Brantley Foster.

JohnnyMack
10/23/2008, 09:52 AM
Secret of My Success..... one of the most underrated movies of the 80s!!!! I wish that would come back to tv damn it!!! Fox aka Brantley Foster.

I liked Weekend at Bernie's better.

Taxman71
10/23/2008, 10:08 AM
Best scene in movie and very appropriate to this thread:

bnCM6ILeT5k&feature

RacerX
10/23/2008, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure you can get from here

to there

I'm looking for something long term and stable. Very very stable.

frankensooner
10/23/2008, 10:28 AM
Racer X, exactamundo. He should follow SSC's lead if he wants stability. ;)

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 10:41 AM
Racer X, exactamundo. He should follow SSC's lead if he wants stability. ;)

"...like a Ninja":

HADjWBd_TUY

perculator
10/23/2008, 11:56 AM
and I forgot this:

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

that's what i'm talkin' about!

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/23/2008, 12:47 PM
Your too nice. Be an A hole and she'll come running to change you.

Oh, Hitler had Ava Braun,
Manson had Squeaky Fromme,
Ted Bundy got lots of dates,
I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
I don't pretend to understand women's little quirks
Just one thing I know for sure - chicks dig jerks, yeah.

Well, if I meet one more single mom
Whose true love is up and gone
Tells me on her trailer porch
'Bout that man
Still carries a torch,
Sure, he came home drunk each night
Beat the kids and her in a fight,
But, man, she loves him so,
It's so hard to let him go, aw.
Well, I don't pretend to understand women's little quirks,
Just one thing I know for sure - chicks dig jerks.

Well, I'm sure there's some out there who can relate,
Particularly young men without a date
See some jerk, some fine, fine babe,
Go driving away, aw.
Well, is that a new bruise you got on you?
What does it say, that he loves you?
Sure he beats you, but afterwards he cries, "Oh, baby, I could die."
Honey, I don't think that's nothing to be proud of,
I think it's called alcoholism
I don't think you should move away,
Stay with him till you're in your grave, yeah.

"You're so sweet."
"Can't we just be friends?"
"I think of you as a brother."
Aw, man. You're hurting me.
What do I have to offer you, baby?
Poetry and true love.
That's not enough, I know for sure,
You need someone to throw you through the door.
Well, I don't pretend to understand women's little quirks.
Just one thing I know for sure - chicks dig jerks!

StoopTroup
10/23/2008, 01:33 PM
SicEm...you've had quite a bit of help here...

I hope your relationship / 1st date doesn't turn out like this...

DVsX9RnoHGk

mdklatt
10/23/2008, 01:44 PM

http://www.laddertheory.com/foundations.htm

Bitches, man.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/23/2008, 01:47 PM
ST, did you know where to find that video? I'm concerned....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/23/2008, 01:57 PM
SicEm...you've had quite a bit of help here...

I hope your relationship / 1st date doesn't turn out like this...

DVsX9RnoHGk
Are you the blonde or the brunette? ;)

frankensooner
10/23/2008, 01:57 PM
I think Howzit gave him the link

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.laddertheory.com/foundations.htm

Bitches, man.

"I can prove this on an abacus."

shaun4411
10/23/2008, 03:11 PM
hey sicem, did that girl you met ever rape you?

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2008, 03:16 PM
hey sicem, did that girl you met ever rape you?

Uncalled for.

shaun4411
10/23/2008, 03:17 PM
so , yes?

CK Sooner
10/23/2008, 03:25 PM
so , yes?

Shaun Of The Red, who turned you green!?

:mad:

shaun4411
10/23/2008, 03:52 PM
Shaun Of The Red, who turned you green!?

:mad:

what the hell? im green?

CK Sooner
10/23/2008, 03:53 PM
what the hell? im green?

Check your comments and tell us who did it.

C&CDean
10/23/2008, 03:57 PM
Someone give me one good reason why I shouldn't lock this POS up.

Collier11
10/23/2008, 03:59 PM
cus any chance that SicEm has to get laid is of a high interest level :)

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2008, 03:59 PM
Someone give me one good reason why I shouldn't lock this POS up.

What warrants locking? If you don't' like it don't post in it. :shrug:

JohnnyMack
10/23/2008, 04:07 PM
SicEm couldn't get laid if he was carpet.

Did that make sense?

mdklatt
10/23/2008, 04:08 PM
SicEm couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he had a fistful of pardons.

C&CDean
10/23/2008, 04:14 PM
What warrants locking? If you don't' like it don't post in it. :shrug:

I'm tired of it? It sucks? It's pathetic? Did I mention that I'm tired of it?

Lott's Bandana
SicEm couldn't get laid in a women's prison if he had a fistful of hardons.

fixed.

tommieharris91
IBDL

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 04:19 PM

You're killing me Dean! :D

Some people believe you can't be born ghey, it comes from conditioning and traumatic events that happen early in one's life. SicEm's thread is perhaps the evolution of proof of part of that particular theory.

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2008, 05:11 PM

Then don't click on the thread!

Back away slowly, don't make eye contact, and put this thread totally out of your mind. No need to lock for no real reason.

NormanPride
10/23/2008, 05:18 PM
DEAN SMASH!

shaun4411
10/23/2008, 07:13 PM

just give him a yellow card.

tulsaoilerfan
10/23/2008, 09:59 PM
Hell this is the most entertaining thread i've seen on here in a while

proud gonzo
10/23/2008, 10:28 PM
heh

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/23/2008, 10:46 PM
This thread is great, and I'll be real disappointed if it get's shut down. I haven't been posting much, but I'm also going through the process of feeling out a prospective girl to date, so it's nice to see the advice, identify with SicEm, and cheer someone else on.

Collier11
10/23/2008, 10:53 PM
Nobody should ever identify with SicEm ;)

Lott's Bandana
10/23/2008, 10:58 PM
This thread is great, and I'll be real disappointed if it get's shut down. I haven't been posting much, but I'm also going through the process of feeling out a prospective girl to date, so it's nice to see the advice, identify with SicEm, and cheer someone else on.

I never tried that approach. Isn't that called "groping"?

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/23/2008, 11:08 PM
I never tried that approach. Isn't that called "groping"?

You'd have to ask your sister ;) :D

Ardmore_Sooner
10/23/2008, 11:15 PM

Burn.

C&CDean
10/24/2008, 08:10 AM

You and Sicem need to hook up for some eunich secks.

And for you Sicem, I have to say, this thread goes way beyond your normal "I'm a pathetic geek and need attention" threads. I know you like to get the unwashed masses all lathered up with your silliness, but there's only so much helplessness a guy can stand. Even if it's feigned.

Either make up a story about how you bent the bitch over your POS Miata and drove her home, or how you actually drove somewhere without making a bypass through Laredo, or how you bitch slapped a whole Waco chapter of the Hells Angels, or how you drank a gallon of 151 rum, or something. We're getting tired of political rallies, cheap cigars, romantic strikeouts and the like.

Thank you.

1890MilesToNorman
10/24/2008, 08:16 AM
For those who are looking, I have a slightly used girlfriend of 16 years I am looking to trade in. I never married her so the warranty should still have some miles left on it. Just looking to trade up, looking for a blond this time around.

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 08:30 AM

Yo Dad...is there something you need to tell me?

frankensooner
10/24/2008, 08:54 AM
Come on Dean, he only buys expensive cigars with dad's money! ;)

DoubleD
10/24/2008, 09:12 AM

And for you Sicem, I have to say, this thread goes way beyond your normal "I'm a pathetic geek and need attention" threads. I know you like to get the unwashed masses all lathered up with your silliness, but there's only so much helplessness a guy can stand. Even if it's feigned.

Either make up a story about how you bent the bitch over your POS Miata and drove her home, or how you actually drove somewhere without making a bypass through Laredo, or how you bitch slapped a whole Waco chapter of the Hells Angels, or how you drank a gallon of 151 rum, or something. We're getting tired of political rallies, cheap cigars, romantic strikeouts and the like.

Thank you.

Thank you! I was thinking much the same.;)

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2008, 09:16 AM

Thank you.

Party pooper . . .

olevetonahill
10/24/2008, 01:53 PM
Party pooper . . .

Heres the real Party Poopers :D
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/doolz84/portapotty.jpg

CK Sooner
10/24/2008, 02:13 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/diesistpost/PARTY-POOPER.jpg

proud gonzo
10/24/2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you! I was thinking much the same.;)shut up, n00b.

NYC Poke
10/24/2008, 03:11 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 03:12 PM
shut up, n00b.

heh.

tommieharris91
10/24/2008, 04:01 PM
This is the best thread ever.

Not even close.

NYC Poke
10/24/2008, 04:14 PM
Not even close.

Cite, please.

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2008, 04:23 PM
This isn't even the best thread that I've started.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/24/2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52494

This one was MUCH better

Lott's Bandana
10/24/2008, 04:52 PM
Or this one:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68315

NYC Poke
10/24/2008, 05:03 PM
Okay, the dental hygiene thread was pretty riveting. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats.

soonerboomer93
10/24/2008, 07:16 PM

Thank you.

Lock it

(you needed to rant first)

NYC Poke
10/24/2008, 07:26 PM
If it gets locked, I won't have a chance to post this:

http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/jebus-weeps.jpg

tommieharris91
10/24/2008, 07:33 PM
Where was that 100+ page thread about SicEm being someone's maid of honor? I tried searching all of the threads he started and never found it. :(

NYC Poke
10/24/2008, 08:01 PM
Heh, I can see where that would be good. Hey, it would be a good way to meet girls, I'll bet.

If you stumble across it, please send me a link. I might be needing a good laugh after tomorrow afternoon.

proud gonzo
10/24/2008, 08:42 PM
the IT used to be AWESOME...back when it was still the IT and before teh doleo figured out how to get in.

tulsaoilerfan
10/24/2008, 08:54 PM
Someone should just start a best of Sic Em thread and put all his classics in there; hell, let's just give him his own folder. :)

Curly Bill
10/24/2008, 08:55 PM
Someone should just start a best of Sic Em thread and put all his classics in there; hell, let's just give him his own folder. :)

It could take the place of the blender as far as I'm concerned.

SoonerInKCMO
10/24/2008, 11:46 PM
I was just going through my favorites on Youtube and I think I've found Sicem's theme song. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. :D

Z5KWI71s3DY

StoopTroup
10/24/2008, 11:57 PM

Thank you.
I thought I covered that with the "As the World Turns" Video in Post #918. :D

StoopTroup
10/24/2008, 11:59 PM
This isn't even the best thread that I've started.

There isn't a girl is there?

Your gonna buy another Guinea Pig aren't you? :pop:

http://www.bobsakamano.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/17/richard_gere.jpghttp://ladybunny.net/blog/uploaded_images/6th%20Halloween%20Bash%20-%2028%20-%20Matt%20with%20his%20Richard%20Gere%20Gerbil-741589.jpg

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 12:00 AM
Stoop, where ya been? Drunkytown is open for bidness.

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 12:16 AM
Stoop, where ya been? Drunkytown is open for bidness.

Do you think I went to far with that one Bill?

proud gonzo
10/25/2008, 12:19 AM
dang. that was....wow.

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 12:23 AM
Do you think I went to far with that one Bill?

That was pretty freaky. :D

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 12:26 AM
So I should reconsider and edit it?

Curly Bill
10/25/2008, 12:27 AM

Of course not. :P

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 12:28 AM
LMAO!

:D :pop:

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2008, 02:42 AM
Wait until I see how things go with this girl on Monday night and if the news is bad, as I suspect it will be, you can lock the thread. There won't be much else to report anyway.

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 02:58 AM
Wait until I see how things go with this girl on Monday night and if the news is bad, as I suspect it will be, you can lock the thread. There won't be much else to report anyway.

Well...

At least your being positive about it.

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 03:00 AM
Someday...if my Son is having trouble with girls...

I'm going to let him read this...I bet he'll get a kick out of it.

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2008, 09:45 AM
It could take the place of the blender as far as I'm concerned.

Bork, Bork, Bork!

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2008, 09:49 AM

You need to edit #918, I hate that freeze frame at the top of page 24...:eek:

Unless you are promoting once again that OKC>Tulsa.

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2008, 09:51 AM
For those who are looking, I have a slightly used girlfriend of 16 years I am looking to trade in. I never married her so the warranty should still have some miles left on it. Just looking to trade up, looking for a blonde this time around.

Miles, I had to fix that for ya....

Unless?

tulsaoilerfan
10/25/2008, 01:57 PM

U just need some confidence Bro; think positive thoughts

Cam
10/25/2008, 03:41 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/duchess_steph/please-make-it-stop.jpg

StoopTroup
10/25/2008, 04:14 PM
You need to edit #918, I hate that freeze frame at the top of page 24...:eek:

Unless you are promoting once again that OKC>Tulsa.

You need to quit looking at page 31 so much IMO...lol

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2008, 04:17 PM
You need to quit looking at page 31 so much IMO...lol

It's my 24 and the dayum freeze is at the top of the page...blech.

We need to keep this thread going to get it away from page 24...

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2008, 04:18 PM
It's my 24 and the dayum freeze is at the top of the page...blech.

We need to keep this thread going to get it away from page 24...

We're on page 50 for me.

proud gonzo
10/25/2008, 06:11 PM
nope. it's page 25

tulsaoilerfan
10/26/2008, 07:20 PM
Had to get this back to the front page. :)

proud gonzo
10/26/2008, 07:23 PM
heh

Collier11
10/26/2008, 10:02 PM
How did this weekend go?

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2008, 10:13 PM
How did this weekend go?

My weekend went pretty well, but I didn't do anything with SicEmDate. Hopefully she's still planning to go to College Station tomorrow, so we'll have a chance to "talk."

Curly Bill
10/26/2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Sic, did you watch The Pick Up Artist tonight? Some good stuff on there about body language.

CK Sooner
10/26/2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Sic, did you watch The Pick Up Artist tonight? Some good stuff on there about body language.

I watched it.

Those two girls that the guy brought over to sit down were amazing.