PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their free $8 pics yet?

nativesooner
10/2/2008, 05:48 PM
From the OU photo store promo? Just wondering how good the quality was. Thanks!

OUHOMER
10/2/2008, 05:51 PM
I upgraded and got the 15 x20. The raised helmet.. I have not taken out of the tube yet. we are taking it to hobby lobby or some other place tomorrow to get it framed.
:D :D :D :D :D

Soonrboy
10/2/2008, 05:52 PM
I got my raised helmet one. I was kind of disappointed in the quality.

OUHOMER
10/2/2008, 05:59 PM
I got my raised helmet one. I was kind of disappointed in the quality.

well, that sucks. What size did you get? I was afraid if I got the larger one the quality would be lost...

StormySooner-IN
10/2/2008, 06:45 PM
Yea, I got mine a few days ago. I got the 9x12 raised helmet. The quaility isn't perfect....but it really isn't bad at all either.

OU-HSV
10/2/2008, 06:53 PM
Got mine a few days ago as well. I bought the stadium pic that was taken at the season opener. (Unfortunately the stands aren't packed..looks like they took the pic just before the storm hit at halftime when everyone except me and a few thousand others had gone underneath the stands).
Quality isn't great, but hey...for $8 in shipping, can't beat it. I'm gonna get it framed soon.

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 07:04 PM
You get what you pay for.

:D

OUthunder
10/2/2008, 07:34 PM
I upgraded and got the 15 x20. The raised helmet.. I have not taken out of the tube yet. we are taking it to hobby lobby or some other place tomorrow to get it framed.

Do it yourself and save yourself some $$$. I had an OU picture matted and framed at Michaels last year and I almost fell over when the wife told me how much it cost to get done.

BTW, anyone having trouble finding a 9x12 frame?

OUHOMER
10/2/2008, 07:55 PM
Do it yourself and save yourself some $$$. I had an OU picture matted and framed at Michaels last year and I almost fell over when the wife told me how much it cost to get done.

BTW, anyone having trouble finding a 9x12 frame?

Michaels is having a 50% off sale, according to the wife

Cam
10/2/2008, 07:56 PM
Wait until Hobby Lobby or Michaels has their 50% off sale every year and get it framed then.

I got the B/W with red helmets and thought the quality was pretty good.

okiewaker
10/2/2008, 08:17 PM
Don't forget Big Lots. They usually have all the sizes and are cheaper than Michaels and Hobbly Lobby even at 50% off. You might have to rummage through the broken stuff, but it might be worth it. Big Lots is like a flee market chain store.

Sco
10/2/2008, 10:20 PM

This sounds identical to my situation.

kbsooner
10/2/2008, 10:23 PM
yeah, I expected the 9x12 to be a bit sharper. I guess not bad for the price...

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/2/2008, 11:29 PM

No kidding. Custom-framing is highway robbery and prison rape rolled into one seamless transaction. I got a hard-to-find movie poster framed for my sister for her birthday, and the damn thing cost $110 WITH A 60% OFF COUPON!!!

nativesooner
10/2/2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. Hobby Lobby runs a sale about every other week on large frames and custom matting for 30, 40 and even 50% off. Just fyi for anyone looking. I've had pretty good luck getting odd shaped frames from there. I got a frame for 13 1/2" X 39" panoramic from there (like the one below) by buying a framed photo of a battleship. I paid $17 for it when it was on sale. :) http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/OF.jpg