PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Harris suspended by Bears

ratedrsuperstar
10/2/2008, 05:12 PM
Lovie Smith suspended him 1 game for lying about getting treatment on his knee which caused him to miss last weeks game. Lying cost him a lot of money !

tommieharris91
10/2/2008, 05:13 PM
:les:SPELL HIS EFFIN NAME RIGHT!!!!

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2008/10/harris-suspende.html

NCSooner18
10/2/2008, 05:36 PM
It's disappointing to hear him sounding so whiny.

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 05:36 PM
It's disappointing to hear him sounding so whiny.

:(

badger
10/2/2008, 05:48 PM
This is disappointing, but also gives me remote hope that he'll end up with the Packers sooner :D

bluedogok
10/2/2008, 09:29 PM
One if the Chicago writers was on ESPN Radio this evening on the way home from work today and said he is going through a bunch of "personal issues" right now and wouldn't elaborate. The writer said the suspension was from a combination of that and the not showing up for rehab. Basically implying that he need "to get his head straight" before coming back.

looch
10/3/2008, 07:20 AM
The fans are really slamming him.

Am I crazy in that he has the potential to be the BEST DT in the NFL?

I mean he isn't having Tank Johnson problems or anything. All I see is a person who expects to be the best at what he does and is having some setbacks that are out of his control. Sure he is wrong for violating team rules, he got punished. That's his fault. No big deal. It's not like any team in the NFL would not trade for him.

And the felony comparison... That doesn't make any sense. Don't many NFL players have felony convictions?

Anyway, I like Harris. He's not one to complain so something's obviously up. Hope it works out.

stoopified
10/3/2008, 04:25 PM
Lovie just hates on Sooners.He cut JD,Released Bradley, and now has suspended Tommie.The bastid. :)

badger
10/3/2008, 04:30 PM
The fans are really slamming him.

Lovie or Tommie? (strange how similar those names are)

If they've bashing Tommie, eff them. I want Harris in Green Bay!

tommieharris91
10/3/2008, 04:33 PM
I really wonder what happened to him. This is actually the first time I've heard about all of his wrongdoings.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-081002-bears-tommie-harris-suspended,0,1561751.story

Sources also indicated Harris had an argument with coach Lovie Smith stemming from Harris' public displeasure with the Bears for releasing wide receiver Mark Bradley, his college teammate and close friend.

badger
10/3/2008, 05:17 PM
Psst... Lovie! If your Pro Bowler starting DT has a best friend on the team, DON'T CUT HIM TO THE CURB!

Loser. Time to fire Lovie. The Super Bowl was years ago. The feel-good story about two minority coaches going to the big game would have been feel-gooder for Chicago if Lovie was on the winning side. Fire Lovie now, bring Bradley back and you will have happy Bears all around.

AZSOONER
10/3/2008, 05:53 PM
A cowboy player missed rehab and the coach talked to him for 3 minutes and fined him, NO BIG DEAL. I saw it on HBO Cowboys training camp :)

bluedogok
10/3/2008, 07:55 PM
Lovie or Tommie? (strange how similar those names are)

If they've bashing Tommie, eff them. I want Harris in Green Bay!

Should they have traded Farve for Tommie?

badger
10/3/2008, 09:48 PM

Absolutely not. We sent Favre far, far away - as far as possible.

tommieharris91
10/3/2008, 11:59 PM

Nope.

Also, the Bears don't have too much depth at WR now. Cutting Bradley baffled me when it happened.