PDA

View Full Version : Dream Matchup or Worst Nightmare?

TMcGee86
10/2/2008, 11:07 AM
As I was watching the game last night, I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Say the end of the year rolls around and somehow Boise State and OU are the only two undefeated teams, and magically the BCS awards BSU with a Championship game invite...

Would you view this as a great shot to gain revenge over the smurfs, or basically your worst nightmare come to life.

To me, it's a nightmare scenario. First I dont want to play another feel good underdog no matter who it is. Second, we just freaking played them and I hate seeing the same bowl games this close together.

But most importantly, even more so this time, it's a no win situation IMHO. If we slaughter them, then they shouldn't have been there and we probably split the NC with USC who got to mop up on a "legit" program like tOSU :rolleyes: . And I don't even want to think about if we lost... (shudder).

Though I guess there could be some that see this as a chance to shut up the DB's who fail to notice that the OU team BSU beat was pretty lucky to even be there, much less a proper representation of a Sooner team, as this year's team seems to be.

I'm just going to pray this doesn't happen.

TUSooner
10/2/2008, 11:12 AM
My dream matchup would be OU beating LSU. LSU beating OU would be my worst nightmare (repeated).

I agree that I'd hate to see OU up against another feel-good cinderalla underdog whose coach just quit (etc.)
After the recent bowl collapses, I'll settle for a win against anybody in January.

Aries
10/2/2008, 11:14 AM
I think you make a good point about it being a lose-lose even if we win scenario. But part of me would love to see OU kick the living daylights out of them.

If the result ends us coming up second to anyone, I'm opposed to it. Your scenario of USC or someone else getting picked over us because they played a "legit" program would probably come down to where we were ranked before the game, and how good we looked beating them.

badger
10/2/2008, 11:14 AM
No. 8 is the dream (until we win it, then No. 9 is and so on). Whatever nightmares along the way are necessary to achieve that dream will make it all worth it to see another crystal football.

...and besides, I would say that any "nightmares" we have are nothing compared to the pressures our coaches and athletes are facing, in regards to this football season.

1890MilesToNorman
10/2/2008, 11:24 AM
After the recent bowl collapses, I'll settle for a win against anybody in January.

I concur! We have to win our January game this year 'See my signature". I want to change it but I can't until we take care of business in a BCS bowl game.

OUmillenium
10/2/2008, 11:26 AM
We would crush BSU if it were in a championship game, IMO. I knew the last 2 years we would not be jacked up for the bowl game because it was not a championship game...not that we have been highly motivated for ALL champ games.

I just think it was psychologically hard to get up for the Fiesta Bowl the last 2 years after the types of seasons we had.

BevoAssassin
10/2/2008, 11:28 AM
I personally would love to play BSU again in that scenario. This is a much stronger OU team than they played two years ago and I honestly don't think they have as a good a team as they did in the Fiesta Bowl. After being there and sitting through that nightmare, I would love the opportunity to smash them for the national title, lose-lose situation or not

Jacie
10/2/2008, 11:37 AM
The smurfs looked pretty good last night . . . against LA Tech! Surely Oklahoma is a tad better than them.

My Opinion Matters
10/2/2008, 11:37 AM
Boise State will never play in the BCS title game.

The End.

JLEW1818
10/2/2008, 11:52 AM
Agree

TahoeSOONER
10/2/2008, 11:56 AM
PLEASE let that happen. All Sooners should respect Boise St., now were forever tied to their history all you have to do is watch espn for five minutes. What better game for a reality check, OU is about CHAMPIONSHIPS, and give the WAC a reality check.

KingBarry
10/2/2008, 01:53 PM
BSU in the BCS Championship game won't happen.

But it is not lose-lose. Like all games, it is lose-win. And if you win, you get the Crystal Football, which is really about all real Sooner fans care about winning.

And I would much rather see BSU than a loaded for bear USC coming down on us. THAT is my nightmare scenario -- though it looks like the condoms may not be loaded for bear this year.

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2008, 02:07 PM
BSU in the title game is extremely far-fetched. For any non-BCS conference team to make the title game, they would have to beat at least 2 solid (maybe even top 10) BCS conference teams as well as run the table in their own conference. None of the BCS-busters can do that this year. As usual, the only question will be if any non-BCS team gets a BCS bowl slot.

Dan Thompson
10/2/2008, 02:16 PM
BSU must get past Fresno St at the end of the year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2008, 02:24 PM
the only sucky thing about playing them again would be the endless amounts of replays of the last meeting during the broadcast as well as whoever the announcers are referencing it after every play