PDA

View Full Version : The bastards passed it

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:13 PM
Kick 'em all the f*ck out.

And the HoR if they do the same.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2008, 08:16 PM
Concur. Finanshul Cat is most displeased.

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:17 PM
I've never been so goddamn mad at our elected officials. 58 - 18 with a few votes left.

badger
10/1/2008, 08:27 PM
Psst... it has to pass the house too :)

Scott D
10/1/2008, 08:28 PM
all you need to hope for is that Pelosi gives as rousing a speech as she gave last time she tried to get it passed.

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:28 PM
Psst... it has to pass the house too :)
Hence the part about if the HoR passes it, kick 'em out too. :)

badger
10/1/2008, 08:29 PM
Hence the part about if the HoR passes it, kick 'em out too. :)

Well, our dudes were split in the House and the Senate (http://newsok.com/coburn-inhofe-split-on-bailout-plan/article/3305704/?tm=1222895425?), it seems.

OUHOMER
10/1/2008, 08:34 PM
I am surprised Coburn voted for it. I sent him a email telling not too!:mad:

Jerk
10/1/2008, 08:34 PM
all you need to hope for is that Pelosi gives as rousing a speech as she gave last time she tried to get it passed.

Hehe that's kind of funny.

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:36 PM
It is time for a political enema.

soonerhubs
10/1/2008, 08:37 PM
Dr. Knowitall Tom just lost my vote this fall.

Chuck Bao
10/1/2008, 08:38 PM
Where do you get that? My Asian version of CNBC is saying that the Senate hasn't voted yet.

Okay, I accept that the Senate will pass it. I'm still holding out hope that the HoR will reject it again.

Call or email your representatives.

Rogue
How'd the 3 Senators running vote?

Veritas
Dr. Knowitall Tom just lost my vote this fall.
I emailed both Ben Nelson (a D who's mostly an R) and Chuck Hagel (an R who's mostly a D) and told them I'd be voting for anyone but them.

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:39 PM
How'd the 3 Senators running vote?
Ayes across the board.

That sealed it...I'm writing in Ron Paul. I cannot in clear conscience vote for McCain.

olevetonahill
10/1/2008, 08:43 PM
Tea Time ?

Rogue
10/1/2008, 08:44 PM
You could vote for Nader.

Veritas
You could vote for Nader.
I could vote for Chewbacca for all that it matters.

Frozen Sooner
I'm curious about the constitutionality of this bill.

Spending bills (as I understand it) have to be passed by the House before the Senate can work on them. Or is that just revenue bills?

USCMichigander
10/1/2008, 08:47 PM
Ayes across the board.

That sealed it...I'm writing in Ron Paul. I cannot in clear conscience vote for McCain.

With all respect, voting is a game of strategy (see: ACORN). While writing in Ron Paul may seem like the most comfortable thing to do for you, he isn't in the race. It is either Obama or McCain, period. Writing in Paul only hurts McCain in the long run.

...But, you live in Lincoln, Nebraska, and because Nebraska is looking righteously red, I will let you slide here :D

Okla-homey
10/1/2008, 08:49 PM
I'm curious about the constitutionality of this bill.

Spending bills (as I understand it) have to be passed by the House before the Senate can work on them. Or is that just revenue bills?

appropriations bills must indeed orginate in the House. I reckon they're fudging on what this thing does. Its all smoke and mirrors anyway.

One things for sure, no matter who wins next month, he won't have the bucks to do the square root of crap. I predict this whole mess could lead to a tax revolt like this country hasn't seen since the Civil War.

Jerk
10/1/2008, 08:52 PM
How much pork, earmarks, and handouts are in this thing? Does ACORN get their cut?

Chuck Bao
10/1/2008, 08:52 PM
I was planning to absentee ballot vote today.

Now, I don't know what to do.

Write in Ron Paul? Is that the plan? Because I'd be down with that.

Veritas
10/1/2008, 08:58 PM
With all respect, voting is a game of strategy (see: ACORN). While writing in Ron Paul may seem like the most comfortable thing to do for you, he isn't in the race. It is either Obama or McCain, period. Writing in Paul only hurts McCain in the long run.

...But, you live in Lincoln, Nebraska, and because Nebraska is looking righteously red, I will let you slide here :D
I take my privilege as a voter seriously, too seriously to vote for someone in whom I had little faith as a Senator and in whom I've had to try to manufacture confidence as a Presidential candidate.

John McCain is a big reason that we'll never have anything but a two-party system (see: FCRA). While I first approved of his nomination of Sarah Palin as VP and I've really tried to continue to approve of her, I'm beginning to believe that a mistake was made.

Many men have died so I could vote. My grandfather and my father both fought overseas to secure this country. I refuse to take a dump on that legacy by doing anything but voting for the person I believe to be the best man for the job.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2008, 09:05 PM
Gird your loins for the new America. McCain is once again stepping on his yingyang. It's gonna take an extra base hit from Palin to bring some folks back to McCain.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/1/2008, 09:08 PM
I say the Senate should be fired. Right now.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/1/2008, 09:10 PM
Uncle Jim came through, baby!

Andrew Rice, suck it. The horse-riding, gun slinging former mayor sticks to his guns. And it looks like...

Tulsa > The Senate.

OUHOMER
10/1/2008, 09:10 PM
How much pork, earmarks, and handouts are in this thing? Does ACORN get their cut?

Looks like 11 billion added

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081001/ap_on_go_co/meltdown_stakes_analysis

Chuck Bao
10/1/2008, 09:11 PM
I say the Senate should be fired. Right now.

Make it happen and spek.

olevetonahill
10/1/2008, 09:11 PM
Is JSM the Best Man for the Job ?
Prolly Not, Is he the Best Choice we realistically Have .
YUp

JohnnyMack
10/1/2008, 09:12 PM
I could vote for Chewbacca for all that it matters.

Interesting. Let's talk further.

Chuck Bao
10/1/2008, 09:15 PM
Who determines the vote in this country? The stock market or voters?

I'm mad as hell.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/1/2008, 09:16 PM
And you're not gonna take it anymore?

royalfan5
10/1/2008, 09:17 PM
Since Warren Buffett has indicated that he would like to buy into the bailout, I wonder if the gov't will be smart enough to take his 7B?

The Maestro
10/1/2008, 09:18 PM
Gird your loins for the new America. McCain is once again stepping on his yingyang. It's gonna take an extra base hit from Palin to bring some folks back to McCain.

Glad to hear you admitting that. McCain without balls is really watered down. Too bad his chances hinge on Palin.

I ain't voting. I don't like either candidate and I live in AZ so it's decided already for me.

Maverick?

Change?

They are both full of BS.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/1/2008, 09:22 PM
Why in the hell would they even consider a thing like this before checking out other alternatives.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/105874/CEOs-Share-Economic-Pain

Maybe get the courts involved to have a mandatory thing in the contracts. I'd rather see that kind of government intervention.

Oldnslo
10/1/2008, 09:48 PM
Mike and Homes, the first time I heard about the Senate act, I thought, "Gee, isn't that unconstitutional?"

But then I remembered that nobody was paying me to research it, so I went back to doing the stuff that is keeping the roof above my head.

It just strikes me as fundamentally unfair that we're bailing out institutions that gambled and lost but not the individuals who gambled and lost. I'd let everybody lose, just like I do in Vegas when I bet wrong.

Ike
10/1/2008, 09:55 PM
I take my privilege as a voter seriously, too seriously to vote for someone in whom I had little faith as a Senator and in whom I've had to try to manufacture confidence as a Presidential candidate.

John McCain is a big reason that we'll never have anything but a two-party system (see: FCRA). While I first approved of his nomination of Sarah Palin as VP and I've really tried to continue to approve of her, I'm beginning to believe that a mistake was made.

Many men have died so I could vote. My grandfather and my father both fought overseas to secure this country. I refuse to take a dump on that legacy by doing anything but voting for the person I believe to be the best man for the job.

Yet another thing you and I agree completely on. I lean liberal, but I'm having a harder and harder time convincing myself to vote Obama, and thats mainly because of the zombie like following he has...nobody with as thin a record as he has should have such a following. I'm seriously thinking he put something in a few water supplies...

I also can't in good concience vote for McCain. He ditched his mavrickeyness long ago to become a bitch of the GOP in the hopes that theyd give him a nomination. That sickens me too.

I might be voting for Bob Barr...

Interestingly, I just looked up who is on the Ballot here.
Other than the R's and D's the choices for me are:

Cynthia McKinney - G
Rosa Clemente

Bob Barr - L
Wayne A. Root

John Joseph Polachek

Chuck Baldwin - ACP
Darrell Castle

Ralph Nader - I
Matt Gonzalez

No Preference

Interestingly, for senate, congress, and state reps, I have the option to write someone in. For president, I only have the option of "No Preference"

FaninAma
10/1/2008, 10:06 PM
It actually appears the bailout may be used to help foreign investors out. This is probably a quid-pro-quo to prevent foreign governments from divesting there currency reserves of US Treasuries which would tank the USD.

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/2008/09/30.html

tulsaoilerfan
10/1/2008, 10:15 PM
According to that article, the war in Iraq has cost us 653 billion so far; what a waste of taxpayer funds

bluedogok
10/1/2008, 10:16 PM
Who determines the vote in this country? The stock market or voters?

I'm mad as hell.

Why in the hell would they even consider a thing like this before checking out other alternatives.
The problem is too many "voters" eat up what is spoon fed them by the MSM including the "business news" sources. For many it is more about safety with "the devil you know" over the fear of the "unknown" and they have been calling and sending emails to the legislators probably more than the "NO" voters. Congress is more interested in trying to build another bubble rather than fixing the root of the problem.

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 10:21 PM
:gary:

Harry Beanbag
10/1/2008, 10:45 PM
Revolution is coming.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2008, 10:52 PM
First up against the wall: the Marketing Division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Damn you and your "Genuine People Personalities"!!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
10/1/2008, 11:20 PM
I just glad dey included a fix for the alternative minimum tax for us poor folk. That coulda hit me hard.

olevetonahill
10/1/2008, 11:24 PM
I just glad dey included a fix for the alternative minimum tax for us poor folk. That coulda hit me hard.

Lettuce pickers dont pay Tax :D

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 11:44 PM
They don't make enough!

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 11:45 PM
15 more posts

olevetonahill
10/2/2008, 12:04 AM
15 more posts

Cops cant add either Looks Like 16 to me

Rogue
10/2/2008, 05:36 AM
According to that article, the war in Iraq has cost us 653 billion so far; what a waste of taxpayer funds

Yup. Sure, "it's complicated" and has to do with greedy lenders, banking deregulation that each party blames on the other, and a housing bubble bursting. What's not lost on me is the rough equivalent of the costs of the bailout and the war in Iraq.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/10/news/economy/costofwar.fortune/index.htm