PDA

View Full Version : whorn-buff prediction

douxpaysan
10/1/2008, 11:11 AM
On paper texas has the upper hand. I have a funny feeling about this one. Night game in Boulder....who has texas played(Rice is probably the best of a sad lot)...the puffs usually come up with at least one shocker every year. Of course it would be best for us to see OU-texas as a battle of the undefeated but I think whorns lose saturday.

KantoSooner
10/1/2008, 11:38 AM
possible, but I think the 'sneaker' in the North is Nebraska this year.

WestAustinSooner
10/1/2008, 11:41 AM
I have predicted this upset from the beginning of the season. This is Texas' trap game. Colorado can be very tough at home at altitude and with a very rowdy fan base.

CU wins in an upset 31-28.

I would rather have UT win in overtime, so that they are undefeated and ranked fifth when we expose them in Dallas. I just think this is a possible upset for them.

CincySooner
10/1/2008, 11:57 AM
Florida State put up 260 yards rushing on Colorado... methinks saxeT wins this one before the 4th quarter.

frankensooner
10/1/2008, 12:11 PM
That was in Florida though. The Altitude does make a difference. I see Texas pulling this one out though. 31-17.

boomrsoonr
10/1/2008, 12:15 PM
There's only one time where I cheered for UTerus. And that was against USuCk. I just can't bring myself to do it. So I hope the Buffs beat them down so bad, Mack looks like Chase Daniels after the Big 12 Championship.

frankensooner
10/1/2008, 12:20 PM
Do you hope Colorado jumps on them like Chase Daniel on a booger?

OUMallen
10/1/2008, 12:25 PM
Florida State put up 260 yards rushing on Colorado... methinks saxeT wins this one before the 4th quarter.

Texas can't run the ball except for COlt this year (who is actually looking pretty dang fast all of a sudden).

Pricetag
10/1/2008, 12:31 PM
I think what we did last year up there will ensure that Texas wins this one.

CU Sooner
10/1/2008, 01:23 PM
It will be a close game simply because of the whorn secondary. They will make cody boy look like an all american. I think both teams score 30+.

CK Sooner
10/1/2008, 01:25 PM
38-27 Texas

BornandBred
10/1/2008, 01:36 PM
45-18 UT, I suspect this game won't go under the radar for them due to our slip up last year.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2008, 01:47 PM
Colorado just lost their best offensive lineman for the year. They lost another lineman the week before. Except for their center, they have frosh and sophomores on the offensive line.

Florida State is not your daddy's Fla State. They put up a whole whopping 3 points on Wake.

Buffs struggled against Colorado State and trailed Eastern Washington (!) at half.

The WestVirginny team they barely beat is just a shell of the team that woodshedded you in the Fiesta Bowl.

Buffs have one good receiver, a quick freshman running back NOT named Darrell Scott.. and a bunch of guys named Herb playing offense.

On defense, a bit saltier but... The Criminoles ran at will on them.

If you haven't seen Texas play this year, this team is very different than last year and it starts on the offensive line. Colt has time to throw, is making very good decisions...

On defense, we're evolving. The front seven is aggressive and the speed rush from the DE's and Sergio Kindle (who plays as a DE on a number of occasions) is very impressive. (This will be a problem for you next week).

DBs have grown A LOT...

I'm sure the coaching staff is reminding Texas of what happened to you guys last year.

The crowd keeps the Buffs in the game until just after halftime...

Texas pulls away to win by 21.

CK Sooner
10/1/2008, 01:57 PM
Colorado just lost their best offensive lineman for the year. They lost another lineman the week before. Except for their center, they have frosh and sophomores on the offensive line.

Florida State is not your daddy's Fla State. They put up a whole whopping 3 points on Wake.

Buffs struggled against Colorado State and trailed Eastern Washington (!) at half.

The WestVirginny team they barely beat is just a shell of the team that woodshedded you in the Fiesta Bowl.

Buffs have one good receiver, a quick freshman running back NOT named Darrell Scott.. and a bunch of guys named Herb playing offense.

On defense, a bit saltier but... The Criminoles ran at will on them.

If you haven't seen Texas play this year, this team is very different than last year and it starts on the offensive line. Colt has time to throw, is making very good decisions...

On defense, we're evolving. The front seven is aggressive and the speed rush from the DE's and Sergio Kindle (who plays as a DE on a number of occasions) is very impressive. (This will be a problem for you next week).

DBs have grown A LOT...

I'm sure the coaching staff is reminding Texas of what happened to you guys last year.

The crowd keeps the Buffs in the game until just after halftime...

You cannot say they are a better team, look who they have played.

-Florida Atlantic

-UTEP

- Rice

-Arkansas

When they perform that way of Colorado, you let us know.

SoonerShark
10/1/2008, 01:58 PM
Personally, I would like it if UT won every game they play that isn't in Dallas prior to January.

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2008, 02:14 PM
You cannot say they are a better team, look who they have played.

-Florida Atlantic

-UTEP

- Rice

-Arkansas

When they perform that way of Colorado, you let us know.

Look at how they have played and the manner in which they have improved every game.
Look at the trainwreck out of conference games we played last year vs. the manner in which games were put away this year.
Compare the triage unit which we called an offensive line last year versus the much improved, deep offensive line this year.
Look at the decision making Colt does this year compared to last year.
Look at Colt's stats this year (in which in terms of passing efficiency, he is 2nd in the nation) compared to last year..
Look at the style of defense being played this year.. much more aggressive, attacking versus playing zones and reacting which was the manner in which the defense played last year..
Look at the suspensions from last year which impacted the team vs. this year.

With a 4 game body of work to draw on, it is not difficult to see the big improvement in pretty much all areas of play.

CK Sooner
10/1/2008, 02:20 PM
Look at how they have played and the manner in which they have improved every game.
Look at the trainwreck out of conference games we played last year vs. the manner in which games were put away this year.
Compare the triage unit which we called an offensive line last year versus the much improved, deep offensive line this year.
Look at Colt's stats this year (in which in terms of passing efficiency, he is 2nd in the nation) compared to last year..
Look at the style of defense being played this year.. much more aggressive, attacking versus playing zones and reacting which was the manner in which the defense played last year..

With a 4 game body of work to draw on, it is not difficult to see the big improvement in pretty much all areas of play.

We will see Saturday.

I think Colorado is going to keep it close.

allentxsooner
10/1/2008, 02:54 PM
I also think Colorado keeps it close, but texas wins it in the 4th something like 35-24

TexasLidig8r
10/1/2008, 02:57 PM
We will see Saturday.

I think Colorado is going to keep it close.

I believe it could be close too.

batonrougesooner
10/1/2008, 02:57 PM
UT wins by 17.

Flagstaffsooner
10/1/2008, 03:08 PM
Coors Tech by a field goal.

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 07:29 PM
I think saxet sucks!

CK Sooner
10/1/2008, 07:29 PM
I think saxet sucks!

Are you someones troll, or what?

ouwasp
10/1/2008, 07:47 PM
let's see... night game in front of a frenzied bunch of liquored-up pinko college kids.....

Texas should feel right at home. UT by 28. :texan:

They'll be brought down to Earth next week.

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 07:49 PM
Are you someones troll, or what?

Let's see now am I someone's troll? No.Am I padding my post count to get to the arcade which requires 1000 post? Probably. Am I a Sooner fan who thinks saxet sucks? Why yes I am. Is it ok to say texas sucks on a sooner message board? I would hope so. Thanx for playing though!!! :rolleyes:

CK Sooner
10/1/2008, 07:50 PM
Let's see now am I someone's troll? No.Am I padding my post count to get to the arcade which requires 1000 post? Probably. Am I a Sooner fan who thinks saxet sucks? Why yes I am. Is it ok to say texas sucks on a sooner message board? I would hope so. Thanx for playing though!!! :rolleyes:

But saying it in every thread gets hold after a while.....

Really old...

SapulpaSooner
10/1/2008, 08:08 PM
Texas 45 Colorado 35

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 10:25 PM
But saying it in every thread gets hold after a while.....

Really old...

It is true though.

The Maestro
10/1/2008, 10:38 PM

Colt's decision making...against Rice.

Colt's stats....against Rice.

style of defense...against Rice.

I use Rice cause that is the best team you have played.

Seriously, Lid...Colorado is more up and down than Jenna Jameson on Ron Jeremy. Them losing at FSU? Predictable. I can't believe you have so much confidence in Texas without proven playmakers. Cosby and that white dude have a thing or two to prove. The running back by committee means YOU DON'T HAVE A RUNNING BACK!!!

You might win...and that will prove something...but to predict a 21 point win based on your body of work against FAU (did you see them lose to MTSU last night?), UTEP (this ain't Don Haskins all black national title hoops teams!), Rice (not just a starch anymore!) and Arky (even the starch is better than the pork!) is kinda leaning on the side of hope more than reality.

4everasooner
10/1/2008, 10:44 PM
tU by 12

SoonerKnight
10/1/2008, 11:03 PM
exactly

UTgolfer
10/2/2008, 11:02 AM
Colt's decision making...against Rice.

Colt's stats....against Rice.

style of defense...against Rice.

I use Rice cause that is the best team you have played.

Seriously, Lid...Colorado is more up and down than Jenna Jameson on Ron Jeremy. Them losing at FSU? Predictable. I can't believe you have so much confidence in Texas without proven playmakers. Cosby and that white dude have a thing or two to prove. The running back by committee means YOU DON'T HAVE A RUNNING BACK!!!

You might win...and that will prove something...but to predict a 21 point win based on your body of work against FAU (did you see them lose to MTSU last night?), UTEP (this ain't Don Haskins all black national title hoops teams!), Rice (not just a starch anymore!) and Arky (even the starch is better than the pork!) is kinda leaning on the side of hope more than reality.

So what exactly does Colorado do so well that makes you think the Longhorns won't win by 21...or more?

ATX Sooner
10/2/2008, 11:50 AM
UT wins 31-17. Pains me to say that, but our loss there last year ensures UT won't fall for the trap. Besides, a top 5 match up in Dallas would be a good thing.

Sooner_Pr8r
10/2/2008, 12:52 PM
i predict a drug deal breaks out on the field after the game

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 12:55 PM
So what exactly does Colorado do so well that makes you think the Longhorns won't win by 21...or more?

Because Texas sucks.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2008, 01:07 PM

Lots of OU fans go back to OU losing at Colorado and talking about how tough Colorado is at home...Friends, the Sooners gift wrapped that game and put it underneath the Christmas tree of Dan Hawkins...up 24-7 and then the wheels came off...

To me it all depends on which Cody Hawkins shows up....and if somebody besides McCoy can run the ball...

That being said, I think Colorado covers but it would be hard for me to take them straight up...I think for them to win, they would have to score in the upper 30's

frankensooner
10/2/2008, 01:17 PM
I just don't want to hear Hawkins give another "supposed upsets" speech after game like the last big game they won.

Longhorn Penguin
10/2/2008, 01:37 PM
Of course it would be best for us to see OU-texas as a battle of the undefeated but I think whorns lose saturday.

Every year, I am amazed by how dumber the Sooners get.

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 01:41 PM

Stupid Whorn.

:texan:

meoveryouxinfinity
10/2/2008, 05:05 PM
Colt McCoy 35
Colorado 17

BASSooner
10/2/2008, 05:09 PM

you might want to talk to your own players first about stupidity before you come after us.

OU86
10/2/2008, 05:13 PM

Are you gonna eat that herring?

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2008, 05:29 PM
you might want to talk to your own players first about stupidity before you come after us.

http://pandadan.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/noob.jpg

CK Sooner
10/2/2008, 05:31 PM
http://pandadan.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/noob.jpg

:texan:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/2/2008, 05:34 PM

that is a sweet avatar

StoopTroup
10/2/2008, 05:35 PM
No matter who wins this one....

There's gonna be a Bar-b-que...

oupride
10/2/2008, 09:27 PM
This will be a tough game for texas.

TJKDone
10/3/2008, 08:47 AM
Definitely a tough game as Hawkins appears to be a better coach than most thought and they do have the home field advantage. The ironic thing to me is that it is best for us to win a close one and keep the perspective alive that we are just pretenders.

My number one goal for the game beyond being one point better than CU: injury free. Losing Irby is going to keep us from shocking the world this year, but not from surprising a whole lot of folks.

Hook'em

birddog
10/3/2008, 09:10 AM
tejass 27
cu 24

Dio
10/3/2008, 10:23 AM

Aren't you a tad early? We weren't done with Baylor Penguin yet.

8timechamps
10/3/2008, 10:31 AM
I live 25 miles from Boulder. I hear about CU in the papers, on TV and on the radio.

I've seen every game they've played (as they televise al of them) except the E. Washington game.

CU has the makings of a good team.

But, that's all they have right now.

Texas should have this wrapped up midway through the 3rd.

HOWEVER, crazy *** Hawkins can make any game interesting.

Hawkins is the "X" factor in this one.

EstablishedSooner1967
10/3/2008, 10:41 AM
UT 31
CU 28

JohnnyMack
10/3/2008, 10:57 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/smi-o/New%20pix/its-a-trap-cat.gif

Night games in Boulder are fun.

TJKDone
10/5/2008, 03:36 AM
I live 25 miles from Boulder. I hear about CU in the papers, on TV and on the radio.

I've seen every game they've played (as they televise al of them) except the E. Washington game.

CU has the makings of a good team.

But, that's all they have right now.

Texas should have this wrapped up midway through the 3rd.

HOWEVER, crazy *** Hawkins can make any game interesting.

Hawkins is the "X" factor in this one.

I am curious for a Sooner perspective who knows a bit more about CU. I personally was shocked (in a good way) by how the game went.

I am not trying to play it up, but I think this game was an instance of one that wasn't as close as the score. Colt played a very pedestrian game by his standards this year, throwing two ints for the first time all year. They are well coached, at home in the altitude in a night game. Given all that CU which ran all over FSU and WVU with a true frosh had 1 yard rushing through 3 quarters! Cody Hawkins was 13-33 on the night going against the youngest secondary he will see this season.

Anyway it will be VERY different facing on of CFB's all time great offenses next week. Bradford, Murray, Greshem, IG...enough to make me puke.

Hook'em

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2008, 05:53 PM

ok ok.. so. I was off by a whole whopping.. three points..

by halftime, the pot smoking,liberal Colorado student section was outside the stadium playing hacky sack, listening to Cold Play and smoking pot.

Once again... proving

LID.. SUPER GENIUS

BoulderSooner79
10/5/2008, 06:04 PM
by halftime, the pot smoking,liberal Colorado student section was outside the stadium playing hacky sack, listening to Cold Play and smoking pot.

And what is wrong with that ? :confused:

ouwasp
10/5/2008, 07:27 PM
let's see... night game in front of a frenzied bunch of liquored-up pinko college kids.....

Texas should feel right at home. UT by 28. :texan:

They'll be brought down to Earth next week.

Well, I missed by 4...glad those hippies got their hair mussed.

Now on to what matters... but I still haven't come up with a score yet for the game in Big D. Last yr I said 31-21, very close to the actual. Let me think about this one...oh, the Sooners win, but I'm not sure by how much...

Statalyzer
10/6/2008, 05:18 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/smi-o/New%20pix/its-a-trap-cat.gif

Your faith in your Buffalo friends is your weakness...