PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter...

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2008, 12:14 AM
...gets it.

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2008, 12:33 PM
The "IT" I'm referring to is only partly about his play on the field. The guy has an obvious sense of his role as the torch carrier of the Yankees and isn't perfect but seems to have class. Reminds me a bit of the way J.C. carries himself, or maybe Julius Erving.

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2008, 01:43 PM
...the 16th best MLB SS for "range factor" (put outs + assists divided by innings)

sorry can't resist...any class he has is not with a glove on. I just hate it when announcers rave about his defense and how he's the glue of the yunkee infield. pffft

Where's Nomaah?
:P

Yeah, he isn't what he used to be, but he's still there and he could've easily been a T.O., Chad 85, or a Manny. Not that I don't like those guys, but not what a Captain should be.

tommieharris91
10/1/2008, 01:44 PM
...is now overrated.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/1/2008, 01:57 PM
His range factor might be effected by the fact that the Yankee pitching this year gave up lots of long fly balls (i.e. home runs ;))

Scott D
10/1/2008, 03:48 PM
no gandalf, that should have improved his range factor ;)

tulsaoilerfan
10/1/2008, 05:20 PM
...the 16th best MLB SS for "range factor" (put outs + assists divided by innings)

sorry can't resist...any class he has is not with a glove on. I just hate it when announcers rave about his defense and how he's the glue of the yunkee infield. pffft

What if he doesn't get as many balls hit in his area as other shortstops do? Surely there's a chart somewhere that can figure this out

tommieharris91
10/1/2008, 05:52 PM
What if he doesn't get as many balls hit in his area as other shortstops do? Surely there's a chart somewhere that can figure this out

That's pretty much what range factor is for.

Mixer!
10/1/2008, 08:57 PM
Let the firestorm commence: I think PayRod should be playing SS. :pop: