PDA

View Full Version : Little Joe Washington

sooner59
9/30/2008, 11:54 PM
As a younger sooner fan who is interested in knowing as much as possible about our program, I call upon all of you ole sooner fans to help me. I know Joe Washington played in the NFL. Where is Joe Washington now?

Lott's Bandana
10/1/2008, 12:01 AM
As a younger sooner fan who is interested in knowing as much as possible about our program, I call upon all of you ole sooner fans to help me. I know Joe Washington played in the NFL. Where is Joe Washington now?

In Nompton working for the AD. Seven hundred sixteen knee surgeries, otherwise he looks zactly like Lil' Joe.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/1/2008, 12:40 AM
He's basically president of the letterman's association...I'm honestly not sure what he does. Seems like sort-of a figurehead role, and little else.

boomersoonr7xchamps
10/1/2008, 07:54 AM
He's basically president of the letterman's association...I'm honestly not sure what he does. Seems like sort-of a figurehead role, and little else.

I, along with my 4 year old daughter ran into Joe driving a golf cart down the street after the Cincy game. Luckily, I had a game used helmet with me that he was more than happy to sign for me....What a memory and what a great guy

swardboy
10/1/2008, 08:08 AM
I see that Joe has been out and about at Sooner functions around the region. What a great goodwill ambassador for the Sooners. He's lead an exemplary life, and OH, those highlight reels! I know it doesn't make up for a Heisman, but it's great to see the school put him in this position.

boomermagic
10/1/2008, 08:26 AM

I don't know where he is now but MAN what a running back... Smoke thru a key hole... He could do it all.. He was there then he wasn't.. Switzer said Joe thinks he can fly.. The guy was the most elusive player had the best moves I have ever seen.. Reggie Bush couldn't hold Joe's jock strap..

sooneron
10/1/2008, 08:29 AM
I don't know where he is now but MAN what a running back... Smoke thru a key hole... He could do it all.. He was there then he wasn't.. Switzer said Joe thinks he can fly.. The guy was the most elusive player had the best moves I have ever seen.. Reggie Bush couldn't hold Joe's jock strap..

The other 4 replies didn't give enough of a hint as to where he is now?:confused:

CtheB
10/1/2008, 08:29 AM

If I remember correctly, he owned a very successful airplane servicing company in Texas. Don't know if it has been sold or not, but I do know he is working significantly with the University now.

boomermagic
10/1/2008, 08:35 AM
The other 4 replies didn't give enough of a hint as to where he is now?:confused:

Make a point..:(

fwsooner22
10/1/2008, 08:49 AM
Just hit the ole You Tube.........Its all there brother

badger
10/1/2008, 09:20 AM
He was at the Sooner Caravan in Tulsa signing autographs. It was just afer he was released from the hospital, so I asked how he felt. I believe his exact words were "A lot better, thanks be to God."

HateTheWhorns
10/1/2008, 10:20 AM

Joe still lives in the Baltimore area, but rents a place in the OKC area. As eluded to above, he works in some official capacity with OU (pretty sure its the Lettermen's Club). I attended the Sooner Caravan in Dallas this Summer and had the privilege of sitting with Joe. He looks like he could still play.

On the Friday of OU-TX, Joe will be playing golf with my "former" friend at the Cowboy golf club in Grapevine. For the past ten years or so, I have played golf on this same Friday with my "former" friend, but he outbid me for the JW golf outing and decided to take his son instead of me.....imagine that. Another member of our standing foursome just had surgery, so now I'm stuck with a twosome and the thought that I should be playing golf with one of my childhood heroes. ;)

Sooner24
10/1/2008, 10:42 AM
Sooner24

And that's what the 24 stands for. :D

My all time favorite player.

KingBarry
10/1/2008, 11:37 AM
You picked a good one for your favorite. You could definitely do worse.

badger
10/1/2008, 11:41 AM
I am Joe

But are you Little?

Partial Qualifier
10/1/2008, 11:55 AM
Two members of the Varsity O Association have told me he's done an unbelievable job re-organizing, they both indicated he's essentially breathed life into the O club, something they desperately needed.

swardboy
10/1/2008, 04:47 PM
I am Joe

I've been calling you "jocks"....as in "jocks sniffer"

Jdog
10/1/2008, 05:17 PM
Joe still lives in the Baltimore area, but rents a place in the OKC area. As eluded to above, he works in some official capacity with OU (pretty sure its the Lettermen's Club). I attended the Sooner Caravan in Dallas this Summer and had the privilege of sitting with Joe. He looks like he could still play.

On the Friday of OU-TX, Joe will be playing golf with my "former" friend at the Cowboy golf club in Grapevine. For the past ten years or so, I have played golf on this same Friday with my "former" friend, but he outbid me for the JW golf outing and decided to take his son instead of me.....imagine that. Another member of our standing foursome just had surgery, so now I'm stuck with a twosome and the thought that I should be playing golf with one of my childhood heroes. ;)

Joe plays golf?
Ask him why he didn't join us during the College Hall of Fame induction scramble a couple of years ago. He was out at the golf course but said something about it not being his game.
He's a great guy - He talked to my son on the phone about where he should go to college - OU, Chicago or Yale.
Have your friend ask him about covering Jerry Rice durning a flag football game -it was impressive to watch - he did very good, especially for a guy over 50.