PDA

View Full Version : TV repair

shaun4411
9/30/2008, 04:26 PM
So, one evening i get bored and decide to buy a new lcd for my room. it replaced my 3 year old 32" Sharp crt (for sale, and its nice =))

As i was taking pictures of it to post on craigslist, i realize the coaxial cable input had gone missing. completely befuddled, i saw it lying on the floor. I am a fairly technical person with computers, but as far as the tv goes, my knowledge doesnt traverse into the mechanical world of the crt tv. What i would like to do is fix my little coax problem so i can successfully sell this tv.

I hear its quite dangerous to mess around with crts as the coils still retain current, even after being unplugged and collecting dust for a week. Is this mission of mine doable for someone of relatively little knowledge of the mechanics of a tv? Or is it better to lug the heavy bast@rd to a repair shop?

BudSooner
9/30/2008, 05:15 PM
Don't open it, if you do it will either cease to function or you will.
Take it to a repair shop, or just let the person you are selling it to know about the issue.
Chances are they would not use the coaxial connection anyway, i've not used mine since I got it. All I use are the component for DVD, composite for Tivo, and HDMI for the Cox DVR.