PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma's Granger, Alexander could return for Texas game

Boomer.....
9/30/2008, 04:07 PM
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Injured Oklahoma defensive linemen Demarcus Granger and Frank Alexander could return to practice next week and be ready to play against Texas.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday there's a chance both players could be back by Monday.

Granger was expected to miss about four weeks with a left foot injury sustained two weeks ago at Washington.

Alexander has been out since he was stabbed in the right arm during a melee at a Norman nightclub after the Sooners' opening game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/09/30/oklahoma.injuries.ap/index.html

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:09 PM
Yep, Granger was 3-4 so maybe even a week earlier.

We will need them both for Texas, hopefully they step up and also get healthy.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/30/2008, 04:22 PM
Granger could be back already? I hope he's fully recovered. I'd hate to see him rushed back on the field and make things worse.

OUstudent4life
9/30/2008, 04:23 PM
...Sooners coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday there's a chance both players could be back by Monday...

...which, in Stoopspeak, means that Granger just donated a kidney to Alexander, and Alexander gave Granger part of his liver.

RUB SOME DIRT ON IT AND GET BACK IN THE GAME!!!

:D

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:26 PM
Granger could be back already? I hope he's fully recovered. I'd hate to see him rushed back on the field and make things worse.

The rehab was suppose to be 3 weeks at the least, he will be good.

fwsooner22
9/30/2008, 04:39 PM
Don't Ya Just love the healing power of OU/tx................Can't wait.....but just to be sure I will be in Waco first............

NormanPride
9/30/2008, 04:44 PM
Alexander should give us some real great depth at DE, and hopefully Granger can at least play a little and stuff the middle on key plays...