PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Hesiman Watch - September 30

Ardmore_Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:13 PM
Chase is ahead of him in the expert poll.

That will change soon and I can't wait to see Mizzou go down in flames.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:14 PM
Chase is ahead of him in the expert poll.

That will change soon.

One of those games where I hope Texas holds them to low offensive numbers.

LSUdeek
9/30/2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry guys, I voted for Charles Scott. :O

JLEW1818
9/30/2008, 02:15 PM
Could the Big 12 championship decide the outcome?? ...

Widescreen
9/30/2008, 02:20 PM
Could the Big 12 championship decide the outcome?? ...

Possibly, but if it's like recent years, all ballots have to be in the very next day. So if people vote before the B12CC, their performances in that game won't matter. So it depends on how many voters wait until the last minute to cast their ballot.

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 02:21 PM
One of those games where I hope Texas holds them to low offensive numbers.

I don't even think they will win that game.

cvsooner
9/30/2008, 03:15 PM
Fox Sports has Sam behind...drumroll...maybe not...Colt McCoy. Yup...McCoy, the top Heisman candidate for this week.

UTgolfer
9/30/2008, 03:21 PM
I think one could argue that Colt is probably more valuable to this team right now...but leading the Heisman race...nah.

colleyvillesooner
9/30/2008, 03:30 PM
I think one could argue that Colt is probably more valuable to this team right now...but leading the Heisman race...nah.

See last year Texas Tech game and tell me how valuable Sam is to this team.

Ya'll better find a RB that can pick up decent yards before Big 12 play if you want Colt to make it through the whole year.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2008, 03:30 PM
Sorry guys, I voted for Charles Scott. :O

Finally, someone voting rationally and not just being a home :rolleyes:

BevoAssassin
9/30/2008, 03:35 PM

This will be taken care of in approximately 11 days. Colt McCoy's doing great for Texas, but I still don't see their O-line being able to contain our front 4

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/30/2008, 03:55 PM
Possibly, but if it's like recent years, all ballots have to be in the very next day. So if people vote before the B12CC, their performances in that game won't matter.

From what I've gathered from most of the movers, shakers, and opinion-makers in the college football media elite (and Heisman voters to boot)...Jason White wouldn't have his hardware if most of the ballots hadn't been cast before the Big 12 Championship.

CK Sooner
9/30/2008, 04:07 PM
This will be taken care of in approximately 11 days. Colt McCoy's doing great for Texas, but I still don't see their O-line being able to contain our front 4

Let's hope Granger is back.

soonerboomer93
9/30/2008, 05:09 PM
Finally, someone voting rationally and not just being a home :rolleyes:

is he a single, 2 story, or mobile home?

IronHorseSooner
9/30/2008, 05:19 PM
There are 15 voters, and 14 had Sam 1,2, or 3. Some ****** nozzle didn't even have him in his top 5. It wouldn't shock me if it was Mizzou Grad and perennial OU hater Pat Forde.

sooneron
9/30/2008, 05:55 PM
The "experts" have Tebow 6th? WTF???

OU-HSV
9/30/2008, 06:43 PM
Possibly, but if it's like recent years, all ballots have to be in the very next day. So if people vote before the B12CC, their performances in that game won't matter. So it depends on how many voters wait until the last minute to cast their ballot.

I heard on the radio they can be cast via the internet...I guess that's not a new thing either. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to wait to the last minute as you said. That seems like the fair way to vote, if you've got Hiesman contenders playing in a CCG.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 06:46 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. Why? I don't see the skill players on Texas this year as I have in the past. Colt IS the horns offense. OU has all kinds of weapons.

UTgolfer
9/30/2008, 08:29 PM
Colt has played great and has put some impressive stats even with giving way to Chiles for significant stretches of mop-up duty. Irby going down is a pretty big loss because he was expected to be a big contributor. Biggest surprise is clearly Shipley's play and while the running back by committee has worked thus far...my fear is it won't in the very near future.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 08:57 PM
That was a helluva catch to end a big game.

(unrelated baseball topic)