PDA

View Full Version : For those that think Bob is staying at OU read this

oumartin
9/30/2008, 12:19 AM
Stoops has contacted them about building a new house in early 2009 on approximately 20 acres that Stoops recently purchased from the OU Strength Trainer Jerry Schmidt. This new custom-built home is expected to be in between 7,000-8,000 square feet, with a swimming pool, spa, basketball court, and gymnasium.

found that on his wiki page. Looks like you may be right if he is gonna build a new home.

The Maestro
9/30/2008, 12:53 AM
them

Need more info on "them"

rainiersooner
9/30/2008, 12:58 AM
Well this is the quote from his wiki entry:

According to the Cleveland County Assessor's website, the home has a market value of $1,280,562, with local realtors appraising the value at closer to $1,500,000. The construction company that built the home has recently verified that Stoops has contacted them about building a new house in early 2009 on approximately 20 acres that Stoops recently purchased from the OU Strength Trainer Jerry Schmidt. This new custom-built home is expected to be in between 7,000-8,000 square feet, with a swimming pool, spa, basketball court, and gymnasium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stoops

Although, I'm not sure what this has to do with his long term plans....

SbOrOiNaEnR
9/30/2008, 01:07 AM
Now, he is going to request that the contractors do the entire thing free of charge, simply because he's the head football coach at Oklahoma, right? :D

batonrougesooner
9/30/2008, 01:11 AM
Why would he need a basketball court?

Something is fishy here. I bet he takes the Notre Dame job.

;)

SteelClip49
9/30/2008, 01:12 AM
I bet the Horsepigs will be the bodyguards.

SoonerJack
9/30/2008, 08:08 AM

:D An excellent use for them!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/30/2008, 08:13 AM
And Hornets coach Byron Scott started building a house in Edmond during the first season in OKC.. so??

birddog
9/30/2008, 08:21 AM
And Hornets coach Byron Scott started building a house in Edmond during the first season in OKC.. so??

shut your pie hole, we're trying to feel secure. :D

OU4LIFE
9/30/2008, 08:26 AM
Now, he is going to request that the contractors do the entire thing free of charge, simply because he's the head football coach at Oklahoma, right? :D

and they should.

guzziguy
9/30/2008, 08:41 AM

I think they should be assigned the duty of guarding the property during all games.

KingDavid
9/30/2008, 08:45 AM
Why would he need a basketball court?

Something is fishy here. I bet he takes the Notre Dame job.

;)

. . . as their Head Coach for basketball . . .

Collier11
9/30/2008, 08:47 AM

NBA is a whole lot different than cfb, Stoops has gauranteed stability

meoveryouxinfinity
9/30/2008, 08:49 AM

I'm just saying that buying a house doesn't mean you're going to live there the next 10 years.

badger
9/30/2008, 08:49 AM

Because we want them to be a position to get beat up, or because they make people stay away upon first sight?

batonrougesooner
9/30/2008, 02:57 PM
I'm just saying that buying a house doesn't mean you're going to live there the next 10 years.

True but it's hard to sell an 8000 sqft house.

If you are in the market for such a house, you are usually going to build it yourself. You don't want to build one thinking you may sell it in a few years.

Lott's Bandana
9/30/2008, 03:00 PM
He saved 10 years for the down payment.

freshchris05
9/30/2008, 04:12 PM
why would information like that be on the internet... only thing i want to know about stoops is if he can win on saturday... everything else shouldn't be anyone's business... he's a college football coach

stoopified
9/30/2008, 04:31 PM
I have a simple question: Why would Bob leave OU?There is no compelling reason that I know of,based on rumor or even wild speculation much less fact.Bob has already turned don other top jobs in college football(TOSU,ND,UF) .Since godd friend Spurrier got chewed up and spit out by the NFL,Bob is likely in no hurry to jump to the NFL ire anytime soon.IF he is building a humongous custom built house in rural Cleveland County that strikes me as planting roots.I cannot imagine such a house would be easy to sell in the forseable futre so it sounds like a project being built for the long term.

froneal
9/30/2008, 04:41 PM
Hopefully he'll stick around long enough for a couple more NCs. It'd be nice to have 3 to go along with Barry's 3 and Bud's 3. :D

Leroy Lizard
9/30/2008, 10:12 PM
Now, he is going to request that the contractors do the entire thing free of charge, simply because he's the head football coach at Oklahoma, right?

His wife plans on skipping without paying the bill.

Lott's Bandana
9/30/2008, 10:26 PM
8000 sq ft will store cubic buttloads of eyeliner

CrimsonandCreamForever
9/30/2008, 11:32 PM
20 acres, I'd think that could accommodate at least a few golf holes.

sooner59
10/1/2008, 12:20 AM
I know some people feel that Bob will one day feel that the NFL is calling him and he will go. I just have to feel that he will stay as long as he can. He is close with Spurrier and others who have had ties with the NFL, and they can testify that it is way different and a big risk if you own the university you coach at. I truly believe tat he is home, and that he knows that. I have read things that Stoops has written and he seems genuine. We have Owen Field, The Bud Wilkinson Center, the Barry Switzer Center, and we will one day have the Bob Stoops Center or whatever. Bob is not stupid. He has it made here. He is a living legend at OU. He will retire someday down the road from his head coaching job at OU. He is not leaving. If he wanted to leave, he would have left by now. He is one of us now.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/1/2008, 12:50 AM
We have Owen Field, The Bud Wilkinson Center, the Barry Switzer Center, and we will one day have the Bob Stoops Center or whatever.

- Bennie gets the stadium
- Barry gets the hall-of-fame/trophy room/office complex/training facility/locker rooms
- Bud gets the practice fields????

Bud got jobbed.

SeattleOUstudent
10/1/2008, 01:11 AM
Dammit....i thought this thread was for Bob Barry. Grr.

tommieharris91
10/1/2008, 01:12 AM
why would information like that be on the internet... only thing i want to know about stoops is if he can win on saturday... everything else shouldn't be anyone's business... he's a college football coach
He is technically an employee of the government. As such, things like his salary and his address are easily accessible on the internet.

- Barry gets the hall-of-fame/trophy room/office complex/training facility/locker rooms

Bud got jobbed.
Bud also has his name on the Bud Wilkinson Center, where the athletes live.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/1/2008, 01:16 AM
Bud also has his name on the Bud Wilkinson Center, where the athletes live.

Wow...I cannot BELIEVE I forgot about that one.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2008, 01:20 AM

Bud got jobbed. Bud don't need no stinkin' momentos! He won 47 straight, and put OU on the map as a top tier national power. All the wannabes at the other U's know it. Bud is THE MAN!

oumartin
10/1/2008, 01:22 AM
what shall we name after Bob?

The restrooms?
locker room?

tommieharris91
10/1/2008, 01:31 AM
what shall we name after Bob?

Start with the Everest Indoor Practice Facility.

JLEW1818
10/1/2008, 01:44 AM

Right on dude. Stoops could not win a conference game this year, and still be the coach here next year.

SbOrOiNaEnR
10/1/2008, 11:42 AM
Start with the Everest Indoor Practice Facility.

Oh yeah, like Christy's going to let that THAT happen...;)

KingBarry
10/1/2008, 12:04 PM
What do we name after Bob?

Basically the answer is whatever big project is being built shortly after he leaves.

Or, if we want to name something after him while is still coaching, how about the Bob and Carol Stoops Press and Media Center?

Or, even better, the Bob and Carol Stoops/Mary Kay Press and Media Center?

Seriously, our fundraisers should hit up Mary Kay for a naming opportunity tie with the Stoops family. That would be great corporate advertising.

I better pm Joe C right now.

boomrsoonr
10/1/2008, 12:13 PM
I sure hope those contractors are not OSU grads. Or OSU dropouts. Don't know which would be worse.

shaun4411
10/1/2008, 01:36 PM
he could give some of the players a part time job shoveling dirt building his new house if they need some extra cash

cjames317
10/1/2008, 01:44 PM
What do we name after Bob?

Basically the answer is whatever big project is being built shortly after he leaves.

Or, if we want to name something after him while is still coaching, how about the Bob and Carol Stoops Press and Media Center?

Or, even better, the Bob and Carol Stoops/Mary Kay Press and Media Center?

Seriously, our fundraisers should hit up Mary Kay for a naming opportunity tie with the Stoops family. That would be great corporate advertising.

I better pm Joe C right now.

How bout a "Stoops Zone" a new south end zone facility, with another row of suites and upper deck, like at Kyle Field?

sooner59
10/1/2008, 08:28 PM
The Stoops Dome! ....j/k

Turd_Ferguson
10/1/2008, 08:51 PM
The King and Toby have a construction company, maybe their building it:confused:

OUHOMER
10/1/2008, 08:59 PM

Bud got jobbed.

Heh, Bennie got the field, Gaylords got the stadium , just sayin :cool:

Penguin
10/1/2008, 09:09 PM
We could start a cool tradition! Instead of playing Boomer Sooner after every touchdown, we could play "Stoops! There it is!" on the loud speaker.

This will be the start of The Stoops Shockwave.

proudsoonergal
10/1/2008, 09:30 PM
I sure hope those contractors are not OSU grads. Or OSU dropouts. Don't know which would be worse.

Honestly, does it make that much difference?? I'd think any comparison between a dropout from OSU and a grad from OSU would be negligible, at best.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/1/2008, 09:34 PM
We could start a cool tradition! Instead of playing Boomer Sooner after every touchdown, we could play "Stoops! There it is!" on the loud speaker.

This will be the start of The Stoops Shockwave.

http://home.nc.rr.com/iamfuscia/mini-poop.jpg

Penguin
10/2/2008, 01:25 PM
Hey! Boomer Sooner is too old for this ultra-modern flashy world! We need more people dressed in horse costumes, get rid of old fight songs and schooners, and bring in "Stoops! There it is!"

http://www.johnsimonds.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kirk-yelling-at-kahn.jpg

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!

Dan Thompson
10/2/2008, 06:37 PM
From read the first wiki quote, It is confussing what house the construction company has aleady built.

If the complete quote from wiki has be posted it would have been much clearer to me.

Bob Stoops is married to Carol Stoops, a successful Mary Kay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay) National Sales Director.[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stoops#cite_note-16) They have three children: a daughter, Mackenzie, and twin sons, Isaac and Drake. Together, they live in Norman, Oklahoma in the exclusive, gated Ashton Grove addition, in a custom-built, 5 bedroom, 6 bath, 5,786 square feet home with a swimming pool & spa. The home was built on 3/4 acre.

According to the Cleveland County Assessor's website, the home has a market value of $1,280,562, with local realtors appraising the value at closer to $1,500,000. The construction company that built the home has recently verified that Stoops has contacted them about building a new house in early 2009 on approximately 20 acres that Stoops recently purchased from the OU Strength Trainer Jerry Schmidt. This new custom-built home is expected to be in between 7,000-8,000 square feet, with a swimming pool, spa, basketball court, and gymnasium.