PDA

View Full Version : Obsession

USCMichigander
9/29/2008, 10:59 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? (http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/)

It is beyond scary, and in a dark way it is very fascinating. At some point during the movie, your emotions become incompressible. In my opinion, this video doesn't examine the effects of the radical Islamic community on what we refer to as the moderate Islamic community nearly enough. For example, in America it is estimated that 80% of mosques are financed and/or controlled by Saudi Wahhabists. Where does one cease being a moderate, and begin becoming a radical?

The video is available free on youtube, might I add. The makers of the video sent 28 million free DVDs to 28 million American homes. Wow!

Enjoy the video!

By the way, if this is out of bounds for this forum I sincerely apologize and will gladly let a moderator remove if it is overly offensive or far too sensitive of an issue.

StoopTroup
9/30/2008, 09:07 AM
The only thing I see offensive is the USC thing before the Michigander. I'd lose that If I were you...

Maybe a Mod can help you. :D ;)

BTW...I lived in Michigan as a kid for 3 years...up-state is very beautiful.

No place for a trojan though...to many trees might have them start building something for Troy.

USCMichigander
9/30/2008, 09:11 AM
The only thing I see offensive is the USC thing before the Michigander. I'd lose that If I were you...

Maybe a Mod can help you. :D ;)

BTW...I lived in Michigan as a kid for 3 years...up-state is very beautiful.

No place for a trojan though...to many trees might have them start building something for Troy.

I live in Michigan, so the Michigander is a reference to my residence, not U of M. Where in Michigan did you live, if you don't mind me asking?

StoopTroup
9/30/2008, 12:39 PM
Royal Oak. Dad worked in Pontiac and would drive there everyday.

I live in Michigan, so the Michigander is a reference to my residence, not U of M. Where in Michigan did you live, if you don't mind me asking?

USCMichigander
9/30/2008, 01:20 PM
Royal Oak. Dad worked in Pontiac and would drive there everyday.

Birmingham here. Geesh, neighbor!

Small world :)

Scott D
9/30/2008, 01:53 PM
I laugh at you Royal Oak and Birmingham snobs ;)

And my home was one of the ones that got the DVD in the mail. I laughed when I saw it.

C&CDean
9/30/2008, 01:54 PM
[scottDtalking****aboutarizona]Birmingham, Royal Oak, Detroit it's all the same **** to me[/scottDtalking****aboutarizona]

Scott D
9/30/2008, 01:58 PM
man, **** arizona :)

USCMichigander
9/30/2008, 03:05 PM
ScottD, did you watch the movie?

Scott D
9/30/2008, 04:29 PM
I have no interest in watching it. Seriously..oooh extremism is bad. Muslim extremists want to wipe out nonbelievers. That's one of those "No **** sherlock" kind of things for me.

King Crimson
9/30/2008, 05:00 PM
The Clarion Fund, the producers/distributors of Obsession, are apparently hooked up with a very right wing organization in Israel (this is the rumor, take it for what it's worth). So, it's not without political motivation. It's being sent by mail (28 million copies) to everyone in the "swing states"...so, it's not hard to figure how it "fits in" to the current political landscape.

Supposedly, there is a sequel coming out in October.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/30/2008, 06:48 PM
Has anyone seen this movie? (http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/)

It is beyond scary, and in a dark way it is very fascinating. At some point during the movie, your emotions become incompressible. In my opinion, this video doesn't examine the effects of the radical Islamic community on what we refer to as the moderate Islamic community nearly enough. For example, in America it is estimated that 80% of mosques are financed and/or controlled by Saudi Wahhabists. Where does one cease being a moderate, and begin becoming a radical?

The video is available free on youtube, might I add. The makers of the video sent 28 million free DVDs to 28 million American homes. Wow!

Enjoy the video!

By the way, if this is out of bounds for this forum I sincerely apologize and will gladly let a moderator remove if it is overly offensive or far too sensitive of an issue.

I thought you were talking about this "Obsession" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D36vVn7HQyU

Scott D
9/30/2008, 08:56 PM
The Clarion Fund, the producers/distributors of Obsession, are apparently hooked up with a very right wing organization in Israel (this is the rumor, take it for what it's worth). So, it's not without political motivation. It's being sent by mail (28 million copies) to everyone in the "swing states"...so, it's not hard to figure how it "fits in" to the current political landscape.

not everyone, dammit we have 3 adults in my house and just one copy :mad:

USCMichigander
9/30/2008, 09:39 PM

The rumor is, as of now, just that. The "right wing organization in Israel" is Aish HaTorah, I wouldn't be surprised if they are indeed the producers of this film. Regardless of their motives, their production was very interesting, although as ScottD said, it is quite obvious on the surface. I'm reading a book called "Suicide of Reason" by Lee Harris, and it is more interesting as it is geared towards the vulnerability of Western liberalism to the influence of Islam. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in this stuff.