PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else seen this?

GottaHavePride
9/29/2008, 08:56 PM
bLink (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/3104504/Barack-Obama-won-first-presidential-debate-over-John-McCain-say-polls.html)

Most commentators scored the debate as a draw or a narrow win for Mr McCain, the Republican nominee.

But the public disagreed and Mr Obama's poll numbers have risen. A USA Today/Gallup tracking poll showed his lead widening to eight percentage points - one point shy of his strongest showing of the year - as he hit the magic mark of 50 percentage points.

The USA Today/Gallup poll found that 46 per cent of those who saw the debate felt Mr Obama beat Mr McCain, while 34 percent thought the Vietnam veteran won.

Some 30 per cent had a more favourable opinion of Mr Obama after the debate, compared to 14 per cent who said their opinion of him had gone down. There was an even split over opinions of Mr McCain.

:pop:

Jerk
9/29/2008, 09:00 PM
JM will start masturbating if he sees this.

KC//CRIMSON
9/29/2008, 09:11 PM
Quick! Bet somebody a pizza!

Partial Qualifier
9/29/2008, 09:27 PM
I know things are wierd this go-round but here's what I totally don't understand:

All traditional party issues aside, forget the campaign and questions about experience -- you've got a Democrat-heavy congress with the approval rating equivalent of a dog**** sandwich, nobody's denying it's fail any way you look at it and here we are, staring down an economic meltdown in an election year -- but the majority of American public is favoring the most liberal tax-and-spend senator from that failboat democratic party to be the next President?? A guy who's basically promising to stifle capital growth?

Have we really become this ignorant?

LosAngelesSooner
9/29/2008, 09:31 PM
And you guys wonder why I said that I had a headache after the debate?

This is why...

LosAngelesSooner
9/29/2008, 09:31 PM
Oh...and cue a BRR post in

LosAngelesSooner
9/29/2008, 09:34 PM
I know things are wierd this go-round but here's what I totally don't understand:

All traditional party issues aside, forget the campaign and questions about experience -- you've got a Democrat-heavy congress with the approval rating equivalent of a dog**** sandwich, nobody's denying it's fail any way you look at it and here we are, staring down an economic meltdown in an election year -- but the majority of American public is favoring the most liberal tax-and-spend senator from that failboat democratic party to be the next President?? A guy who's basically promising to stifle capital growth?

Have we really become this ignorant?
You mean the financial crisis that a Republican President/administration with a Republican Congress allowed to happen and then continued to create by setting the 2 year filibuster record in Congress in less than 6 months?

I wonder HOW ON EARTH people could think that way?!?! LOL

Dude...McCain is NO "Bush Republican," but many people out there can't see that. They only see that the neo-con controlled Republicans in DC created this situation, allowed it to happen and have done nothing to stop it and they're going to punish JM for it. Watch...

Partial Qualifier
9/29/2008, 10:05 PM
You mean the financial crisis that a Republican President/administration with a Republican Congress allowed to happen and then continued to create by setting the 2 year filibuster record in Congress in less than 6 months?

Yeah, I don't buy that the entire economy is a disaster... this mortgage finance thing, sure. So now we put out a fire with gasoline?

Dude...McCain is NO "Bush Republican," but many people out there can't see that. They only see that the neo-con controlled Republicans in DC created this situation, allowed it to happen and have done nothing to stop it and they're going to punish JM for it. Watch...

..and that's my point, sortof. It's cutting off our nose to spite our face. Good times ahead! :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/29/2008, 10:14 PM
I bet Ernest Borgnine is roughing up the suspect right now.

proud gonzo
9/29/2008, 11:11 PM
..and that's my point, sortof. It's cutting off our nose to spite our face. Good times ahead! :rolleyes:
And you know what they say: Don't cut off your nose--you might need it later.

mdklatt
9/30/2008, 10:43 AM
Dude...McCain is NO "Bush Republican,"

He's sure acting like it in order to get elected. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
9/30/2008, 10:50 AM
Yes. Yes I have seen it.

The poll numbers have been trending Obama's way since about two and a half weeks ago, slightly before the financial meltdown really started. It appears his campaign has big mo on its side right now, and McCain really needed to beat Obama up pretty well in the foreign policy debate to show that Obama wasn't ready to be president.

Unfortunately for McCain, he didn't do that. Obama came out of the debate with the majority of undecideds thinking "Yeah, I can see this guy as president."

landrun
9/30/2008, 06:55 PM

No. He means the financial crisis that the Democrat congress allowed to happen - while people like Obama and Dodd got rich from the same failed financial institutions that they want to now give 700 billion dollars to. Them and ACORN the voter fraud organization for whom Obama was a proud 'community organizer'.

oumartin
9/30/2008, 07:08 PM
polls are slanted to the left anyhow.